Bring4th

Full Version: Divine Marriage - Potential/Kinetic - Christ/Sophia - Shiva/Shakti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This concept is found in many ancient religions including Gnostic Christianity. There are many, many variations of this idea including that of Chokmah/Binah within Kabbalah.

The principle is Love. The unity of male and female. It is often called the sacred or divine marriage. So complete and whole is the unity of Shiva/Shakti, that at the point of unity neither is even aware of the other.

Gnosticism is sort of a "freestyle" Christianity where the concept of Christ is emphasized but within each sect/story his role as intermediary of the divine is slightly different. There were many, many branches of gnosticism each seeing the "Beginning" in a different light but maintaining the theme of emanations from the Absolute, which they often term the beginning or Arche.

Within gnosticism there are pairs of entities called aeons. The aeons are termed syzygies. They are one entity with male/female components. Christ is a syzygy. His female half is termed Sophia. This is more widely known as the Holy Spirit. In some way or another, Sophia emanated without her aeon and became lost in the material world of matter. The goal is to reunite her with her divine mate, Christ.

If you're familiar with Kabbalah, Christ would be Chokmah and Sophia/Holy Spirit would be Binah. Sophia emanated without her mate, Christ, and lost herself in the material realm of Malkuth.

Here is a link to the short story regarding the "Sophia of Jesus Christ" if you'd like to check it out. It's supposed to be Jesus, also termed "The Redeemer" and "Way Shower" after the resurrection answering questions of the disciples and revealing the source of all things.

http://www.thepearl.org/Sophia.htm

In my opinion, the equivalent of what he is saying is something like this....this may be confusing and oversimplified to anyone not inside my head so my apologies in advance!

(Unity) - Eternal Ocean/Great Androgynous Progenitor "Source"

(Intelligent Infinity) Divine Father
(Infinite Awareness) Divine Mother

----- (Logos/Love) - Only Begotten Son/Priceless Pearl ----- 8th Density

(Universal/Archetypal Intelligence) - Christ --- 7th Density
(Universal/Archetypal Awareness) - Sophia --- 7th Density

----- (Higher Self) - Son of Man ----- 6th Density

(Individual Awareness) - Sophia --- Lower Densities

Sophia is transformed by the gnosis/hidden knowledge and becomes whole again through her union with Christ, her divine mate.

So many really great quotes and explanations in this very short piece of literature, such as.....

"The Son of Man is the Way Shower. He will point out the path to you and lead you along that path until you transcend this world of darkness and find yourself in the Realm of Light."

“If you prepare yourself to receive, you will be not be denied.  My Parents are waiting to bestow on you the gnosis of Reality.  I stand at the door, knocking to gain admittance, and with me I bring precious gifts which all the pure in heart desire.  If you open the door, I will enter and bestow my gifts.  Then my Parents will come to you, for you will be possessors of all things.”

“The Man of Holiness is the Great Androgynous Progenitor.  He is Father and Mother.  In him is no division.  In him is no lack.  He encompasses the whole.  He begot me, his Only Begotten Son, but I am not whole without my sister.  She is Sophia, my sister, my consort, my feminine half.  When we are united in one, then we are whole like our Parents, but when we are separated, we are incomplete."

“My greatest gift is Divine Life,” replied the Master, “but gnosis is the key to Divine Life.  This key is hidden deep within you, so you must turn inward if you are to obtain it.  If you turn inward, you will find a gate blocking the path leading to gnosis.  Change of life and immersion in water opens this gate.  As you follow the path that opens before you, you will experience a reversal of the effects of the illusion of separateness through Fire and the Holy Spirit so that you are able to reach the Inner Ocean, in which the key of gnosis is hidden within a priceless pearl.  The pearl is guarded by a powerful serpent, but as you traverse the path, Sophia will teach you the song that will lull the serpent and enable you to obtain the pearl.

If you desire to learn the song that will lull the serpent, you must allow me to perfect you.  Reject that in yourself which comes of darkness and embrace that which comes of Light.  Then the power of Light will perfect you so that the Christ nature in you becomes your own nature.  Then Divine power will fill you, for you will be divine.  Then you will be sanctified, for you will be deified.  Then you will be pure, holy, and spotless, for you will stand at the foot of the cross until my blood has washed you clean, utterly reversing the effects of the illusion of separateness in you.”

These are only a few quotes...but they provide much insight. The overall idea is akin to raising the Kundalini to the crown where the sacred marriage takes place.

Anyway....This is going on longer than it has to. But the theme of Love and the unity of male/female polarities should not be overlooked, as Ra states...

92.20 The richness of the male and female system of polarity is interesting and we would not comment further but suggest consideration by the student.

Love and Light
(04-15-2017, 03:19 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]This concept is found in many ancient religions including Gnostic Christianity. There are many, many variations of this idea including that of Chokmah/Binah within Kabbalah.

The principle is Love. The unity of male and female. It is often called the sacred or divine marriage. So complete and whole is the unity of Shiva/Shakti, that at the point of unity neither is even aware of the other.

I'm not really that informed on Kabbalah or Gnosticism, so I don't have much to contribute here, but there is another Ra quote -which is generally brought up in other circumstances- which seems relevant. From 85.7:

Quote: I am Ra. If one wishes to have power over an entity it is an aid to know that entity’s name. If one wishes no power over an entity but wishes to collect that entity into the very heart of one’s own being it is well to forget the naming. Both processes are magically viable. Each is polarized in a specific way. It is your choice.

This would seem to go towards what you were saying about the total unity, since that's certainly implied by forgetting the naming. That would be the point where differentiation between the two entities ceased.
(04-15-2017, 04:13 PM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Henosis' pid='226027' dateline='1492283997']

Quote: I am Ra. If one wishes to have power over an entity it is an aid to know that entity’s name. If one wishes no power over an entity but wishes to collect that entity into the very heart of one’s own being it is well to forget the naming. Both processes are magically viable. Each is polarized in a specific way. It is your choice.

This would seem to go towards what you were saying about the total unity, since that's certainly implied by forgetting the naming.  That would be the point where differentiation between the two entities ceased.

I don't remember that quote. But I totally agree. I meant to respond to something you had written in response to a reply I made yesterday regarding this issue and the "cosmic principle" of Christ.

I'm aware these are just names and titles. I'm usually the one emphasizing this point as well. Part of me bringing any of this up is a sort of untangling of the web of confusion that surrounds this topic. The name itself does't really mean anything and I'm for sure not clinging to the name as names are only formalities or the "surface" of something per se. When I mention the cosmic principle of Christ, its just me attempting to clarify the difference between the principle represented and the entity himself.

I believe what you were trying to say yesterday and perhaps today is to see the "thing in itself" rather than the names, appearances, images or many forms that thing may take.

Also in terms of magical ability, is Ra saying that the positive polarity generally will invoke... while the negative polarity will evoke?
(04-15-2017, 04:36 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember that quote. But I totally agree.

The quote is actually from a discussion of the 5D negative entity which attacked Carla, so usually it gets brought up in the context of 'names having power' and similar topics.  I always feel like that ends up overshadowing Ra's comment about potentially merging with other entities, even in 3D.  Granted, it was kind of a tangent in context, and he does have this maddening tendency to just toss out mind-bending concepts so casually that they can get overlooked.

Quote:I believe what you were trying to say yesterday and perhaps today is to see the "thing in itself" rather than the names, appearances, images or many forms that thing may take.

Basically, yes.  Or at least... how to put it... to have an understanding that there is an entity-unto-itself behind all those things.  Since actually perceiving that with no preconceptions/distortions at all is incredibly difficult.  Maybe even impossible in 3D.  But I do believe doing so is desirous if one wants to become closer to an entity on a spiritual level. Otherwise, those preconceptions would ultimately become a barrier.

Or another human, for that matter.  How many relationships have been doomed because one or both participants insisted on projecting qualities onto their partner which weren't actually there?

Quote:Also in terms of magical ability, would you say the positive polarity generally will invoke... while the negative polarity generally will evoke?

Afaik, 'evoke' and 'invoke' are generally treated as synonyms.  And the thing with the names is, I think it's telling that Ra says one should forget the name.  ie, you can only forget something you once knew.  So basically, as I see it, the positive 'courtship' so to speak would begin with recognizing the other entity along with its name as a separate being, but then slowly working to move together harmoniously until names are not necessary, and then ultimately forgotten, because the two are simply working in unison.

Whereas the negative 'conquest' approach would be the much more stereotypical "(Name) I command thee" sort of thing.   Since the idea of truly merging heart-and-soul with another entity would be absolutely antithetical to a negative entity, the naming MUST remain in place as a barrier separating them.
(04-15-2017, 04:59 PM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2017, 04:36 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]

Afaik, 'evoke' and 'invoke' are generally treated as synonyms.  And the thing with the names is, I think it's telling that Ra says one should forget the name.  ie, you can only forget something you once knew.  So basically, as I see it, the positive 'courtship' so to speak would begin with recognizing the other entity along with its name as a separate being, but then slowly working to move together harmoniously until names are not necessary, and then ultimately forgotten, because the two are simply working in unison.

Whereas the negative 'conquest' approach would be the much more stereotypical "(Name) I command thee" sort of thing.   Since the idea of truly merging heart-and-soul with another entity would be absolutely antithetical to a negative entity, the naming MUST remain in place as a barrier separating them.

I suppose the concepts are similar. But generally I would see an invocation as something more like you mention with the positive polarity. When you are invoking, there is a merging and sort of harmonious oneness with the entity/archetype. A sort of recognizing of the entity/archetype, and performing something akin to a slow dance and becoming one with that being. I feel this is what Carla/Ra accomplished.

I see an invocation more as as a dominantly internal process, whereas I would see an evocation more as an external one as you mentioned with the negative polarity. I feel there is more of a demanding. More of a conscious duality between the entity and the entity being summoned, hence the necessary naming.

This is speculation and there may be an equal share of invoking/evoking for the adept. I may have even created the difference between these two terms when there was no difference, but it seems one polarity may emphasize one method while the other polarity may emphasize the other.
My understanding is that invocation is essentially calling a being into your consciousness. Not like possession, but more like a partnership. For example, when one "puts on the magickal personality" as part of a magickal ritual or working one is "invoking their higher-self". One is 'clothing' one's consciousness in the consciousness of the higher-self. This expands the conscious faculties of self.

Evocation, on the other hand, is the raising, or calling up, of a personality, but keeping that being separate from your personal consciousness. Calling up a being, or entity, into a magickal circle, for example would representative of this.
Just my personal observations of male/female archetypes:

I see this Divine Marriage in Creation. Infinity became aware/intelligible - Logos - the process of creation is Creator experiencing Itself (distortion of finity enabling other distortions/reflections/emanations). This could be roughly perceived as Cosmic Conscious or the Creator's "brain". So One/Infinity can be perceived as Cosmic Unconscious (I think it's better than "Subconscious") or the Creator's "heart".

In this way I see:

male principle representing --> brain, intelligible, Logos

female (o) heart, mystery, intuition, Infinity

The "brain" is reaching, seeking and finding its way to the "heart". "Thus all begins and ends in mystery" (Ra).