Bring4th

Full Version: Reliance of channeling and other trance sources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By my discrimination Ra/Law of One material seems very much reliable (although I feel some lack in warmth). However concerning channeling (and trance state, hypnosis) in general I'm very careful and distrustful. You never know who is speaking, what is the purpose, is it sincere, is it true or just projection ... It seems to me very much like internet chat. You never know who is typing behind the nickname and what is he doing. There are some sick and dangerous persons, pedofiles ...

[Image: chat.png]
[Image: 6345324_orig.jpg]

[Image: strangers-on-the-internet.jpg]
there is a great truth in that.

Discernment is truly one of the key faculties to be developed in a Seeker.

The great pitall is Desperation.  When someone is so keen to hear something they want to hear, that they sacrifice their ability to compare and contrast.
Totally a possibility,
"The Law of One" could just be a fiction novel haha.
Either way, Ra, Quo, Seth, etc convey very resonant information.
But wouldn't we agree that information is an illusion anyway?

(I don't have the will to write a transition into the following, but I believe this is pertinent: )

I noticed that in session 1, Ra immediately started relaying the concept of oneness, the Law of One.
“All things, all of life, all of the creation is part of one original thought.”

Only when asked, Ra began talking about Egypt, UFO's, densities and archetypes; eventually Ra stated that the 'alignments' were off, and the connection would weaken if they weren't realigned. It was understood that by "alignments", Ra meant that the questions were too distorted.

What I'm saying is, might Ra's contact have been distorted due to the questions not aligning directly with the Law of One?
All knowledge is limited. The reality we know is illusion but in the search for truth we have to discern in this reality fact from fiction, truth from untruth. Some information is clear some is polluted.

I think channeling and hypnosis is for real. People are not just making up things. The problem is we don't know who or what is speaking behind the "microphone". It could be a real person or just dreamy projections from mind or collective mind. It could be a manipulator or a messenger of truth ... Furthermore there are some contradictions between different channeled materials.

Ra contact is high quality but there are some errors and some overemphasis on transient material.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We do not intentionally do this. However, there will be confusion. The errors which have occurred have occurred due to the occasional variation in the vibrational complex of this instrument due to its ingestion of a chemical substance. It is not our intent in this particular project to create erroneous information but to express in the confining ambiance of your language system the feeling of the infinite mystery of the one creation in its infinite and intelligent unity.

Quote:It is not the specificity of the information which attracts negative influences. It is the importance placed upon it.
I agree with you loostudent. I believe that channeling is real, but what I notice is the quality. No one I've read comes close to the quality of L/L Research's channeling, the narrow-band or wide-band. I haven't read much channeling because they were my first and I am quite satisfied as far as channeled material goes. I've read others like Master Hilarion. The messages are kind of general and they're not really saying much but I think it's a pure channel. I guess it depends on what is helpful for you, the seeker.

As Plenum said, discernment is important for the spiritual seeker. I definitely agree with that!
(04-23-2017, 03:57 PM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is we don't know who or what is speaking behind the "microphone". It could be a real person or just dreamy projections from mind or collective mind. It could be a manipulator or a messenger of truth ... Furthermore there are some contradictions between different channeled materials.

I read two different concerns here: one about the true identity of the channeled material's source, and one about contradictions between different channelings.

To take the first: identity is always difficult to ascertain in the kind of totalizing sense that matters for spiritual endeavors.  Yes, in waking life we all have names, but these are just labels.  In truth, do you really know me--not my name, but the total entity you are addressing with that name?  My point is that ascertaining identity is really a shortcut for the kind of validation of content we all do with each other.  All outer identity is inherently arbitrary and ambiguous from where we stand in third density space/time.

This brings me to the second concern.  Contradictions between material can happen because one is right and the other is wrong, but they can also occur because both are translated into the limited language and concepts of Earth that inherently warp their significance.  All linguistic communication reduces infinitely nuanced concepts to the traffic of words in a context.  Not only are the words insufficient; the context of the spirit can call upon metaphor and poetic language that often promotes the contradictory or paradoxical.  All this indicates is that our intellectual faculties will be of limited value in the exercise of discernment.

This kind of intuitive, affective discernment is not simply about "believing what feels right".  It's about knowing yourself well enough to make a project of figuring out what feels right.  By taking our emotions and less tangible experiences seriously as first-class concerns in our lives, we know ourselves better.  Consequently, we can exercise effective and satisfying agency even in matters where there is no objective way to determine veracity or identity.  Knowing oneself gives one a reference against which to evaluate how information fits into the truth of our lives, which is the only truth we can really establish.

Meditation is a great tool to the kind of self-knowledge that will allow one to make sense of channeled information.  It augments our spiritual growth, sure, but in the context of channeled information it helps us get to know ourselves better so we have that reference point we need in exercising discernment.  That discernment also carries over into how we make use of the information and channel it ourselves into the thoughts and actions of our lives.

Even as consumers of channeled material and not channels ourselves, our role is important.  How we handle ourselves in bringing that information into our minds and hearts is at least as important as the channel conveying that information to us.  Our discernment is the active role we play in the passive experience of consuming channeled material.  To the extent the Confederation is trying to effect change in the world, it can only be through our actions, thoughts, and words, so always remember your responsibility and role in the channeling process, even if you're just listening to it or reading it.
I use a pendulum to dowse yes/no answers from my subconscious, and it seems pretty reliable.
My mom will be hypnotizing me using QHHT and I have like 20 questions to ask my higher self.

Dowsing is free and a way to ask your own very personal questions you wouldn't ask anyone else.
(04-18-2017, 09:29 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]By my discrimination Ra/Law of One material seems very much reliable (although I feel some lack in warmth). However concerning channeling (and trance state, hypnosis) in general I'm very careful and distrustful.

Why? And what does it matter? The only thing of importance is whether or not the material has any value for you. If a con man channeled Hitler, and the words spoken enlightened you on some subject, does it really matter where the words came from? The thing that matters, in my opinion, is what you take from it—anything beyond that is wasted energy on judgments that may or may not be true.

(04-18-2017, 09:29 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]You never know who is speaking, what is the purpose, is it sincere, is it true or just projection ... It seems to me very much like internet chat. You never know who is typing behind the nickname and what is he doing. There are some sick and dangerous persons, pedofiles …

This sounds very fear-based, and derived from propaganda (especially the images you posted). That is not to say there is no truth in it. But the media sensationalizes everything, and I wouldn't believe everything I read, hear, or even see (stats on pedophiles; crime; etc.). Our society is not truthful. Witness the way it hides information (the truth about polluting the planet; Roundup; GMO; the unhealthy ingredients in packaged foods and so on). It's not just the Internet and people pretending to be someone they are not.

Discernment and logic might be employed when deciding to meet someone from an Internet exchange. And as for children, I don't have any so what can I say? I can only imagine that if I did, I would try to educate them if they were old enough to surf the Internet and decide to meet someone in a park.
I think your metaphor of chatting on the internet is very apt. You never really know who is on the other end so advice must be evaluated based on content rather than authority. You must always exercise your discernment at all times. For me, the fact the the Law of One material explicitly advised that we disregard it when it didn't sit well with us, made it more credible. I liked that it explicitly is not authoritarian in its message, rather just taking the tone of friendly counsel. Also for me, it seems to fit really well with reality. Ultimately that's the test. I don't take it as gospel and I think it explicitly did not want to be taken as gospel.

Always you must exercise your own discernment. Just like on the internet as you've alluded.
The archetype of the fool kinda tells that the point is not being right but instead to dive into a long and deep journey into the vastness of the unconscious as a conscious self aware of itself.
You already are on this journey and the rest of the cards are the archetypes of your story, the steps of self-realization of the Creator of Itself as mind/body/spirit complex.

[Image: tarot22.jpg]

Light is your shield and love is your guide. Walk your way toward the One Infinite Creator in whom your faith lies.
(04-24-2017, 06:27 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that matters, in my opinion, is what you take from it—anything beyond that is wasted energy on judgments that may or may not be true.

I think it matters who is the source and what is the information. It is a waste of energy if you blindly trust someone who wants to harm you or is not speaking from experience. Or if you can't verify information is not just imagination ...

The best way is to have a living experienced human teacher with whom you can spend time, have a close relationship and build strong trust. A guru or starets.
(04-27-2017, 08:26 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2017, 06:27 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]The thing that matters, in my opinion, is what you take from it—anything beyond that is wasted energy on judgments that may or may not be true.

I think it matters who is the source and what is the information. It is a waste of energy if you blindly trust someone who wants to harm you or is not speaking from experience. Or if you can't verify information is not just imagination …

I am not an advocate of blindly trusting either, or for that matter, blindly following. The source of learning, to me, is irrelevant as long as you are thinking for yourself. If you are, no one can harm you or "snow" you. The only problem with hearing information that was made up is if you do "follow" rather than think for yourself. Learning is not always a linear process. Perhaps you see a homeless person on the street with a sign asking for money. Many people would judge this person, clinging to their ideas about why the person is on the street, or what the person does with the money people give (such as buying alcohol). And this judging informs them as to whether they will interact with this person or offer them assistance. This is what I mean by wasting energy on judging. There is no need to judge, and no way to know what path the person took to end up there. What can be learned by seeing this person is endless, starting with opening your heart to compassion, or recognizing the limiting nature of judging.

(04-27-2017, 08:26 AM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]The best way is to have a living experienced human teacher with whom you can spend time, have a close relationship and build strong trust. A guru or starets.

Many people agree with you here. I prefer finding my own way, learning from all existence. It's less cozy, and perhaps more difficult. I have spent time with a couple of living masters, and that was an interesting experience. The thing is we are all individual expressions, so spending time with a guru hopefully would teach not just to follow a particular path, but to find and express one's own unique potential.
Any information you have not truly stepped into the truth/untruth of probably is not much purposeful.

What is it that is feared? What one most resonates with? That one's heart contains darkess it may prefer to the light in the face of falseties?
If so, is it not the self then that is feared and rathers avoid finding itself?

Truth will resonate and keys will open doors, otherwise what is the point of truth? The seeker can only find by seeking and in its foundation knows nothing and as such needs to explore.

If you apply the given practice of balancing thoughts with their opposite, is there any information that can do wrong?
In Torah it says: "Don’t turn to those who are mediums, nor to the wizards. Don’t seek them out, to be defiled by them." (Lev 19,31)
What's then the difference between mediums and prophets in the Bible? Mediums are contacting "familiar spirits", prophets are God's messengers?
(05-07-2017, 03:41 PM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ]In Torah it says: "Don’t turn to those who are mediums, nor to the wizards. Don’t seek them out, to be defiled by them." (Lev 19,31)
What's then the difference between mediums and prophets in the Bible? Mediums are contacting "familiar spirits", prophets are God's messengers?

Leviticus was a book of rules and laws given by the negative Yahweh, IN MY OPiNION. Prophet is another name for channel. "Don't listen to anyone else but me." "I am a jealous and angry god."

Christ threw out all the laws of the prophets and gave us two commandments:
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and strength, and love thy neighbor as thyself.

These two encompass all of the laws that were positive in a positive manner. Loving God and loving each other is the open heart.