Bring4th

Full Version: Distortions and Non-Distortions, what is and what if
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All is One, everything is everything else.  What if, Distortion is itself not a Distortion?  ...Can a Distortion be both a Distortion and not a Distortion?

You're probably thinking, 'But Joe Ra calls everything a Distortion and only the One Infinite Creator the undistorted.'

True, very true perhaps.  Could it be possible that the One Infinite does not perceive itself as Distorted at any portion of it's expansive infinitesimal identity, and instead views Distortion as an expansion of it's Undistorted self into new ways?  Sort of like saying if Infinite Intelligent were to discover something new, would it perceive it as a distortion of it's 'One' being or another undistorted part of its infinite being?

What is it to be distorted and not distorted?  What does distortion mean in the context that everything is a distortion except the one?  Can the exact opposite logic work in tandem...?  Can everything be an undistorted form except the one who practices with distortions (making it essentially distorted)?  Oh mystery-clad creator, what do I call you?  You're distortion and perfection, all at the same time and yet neither too.

What if distortion is just another paradigm label.  What is distorted when all is as it should be by the creator itself?  Wouldn't technically...Shouldn't technically everything be both a Distortion and not a distortion?  Such as an apple, it's undistorted form is an apple, but it's distorted form is the Creator, and vice-versa, it's undistorted form is the Creator, but it's distorted form is an apple.

It is un/distorted as apple/creator, as creator/apple.

What's there even to try and sift through after that?  It's all the same, there is no I, there is no Spoon, there is no Mind, there is no Body, and there is no Spirit or Soul.  Not in an un/distorted sense as all of this is it's own undistorted form AND the One Infinite's distorted form.  If the Creator becomes Human, is that Human still the Creator?
(Hint, yes.)

Is anything not a portion of the divine undistorted whole?  Is anything not distorted?  It seems the only thing that can be is the paradoxical answers.  The One Infinite is both Distorted and Undistorted, belonging to infinity and holding all the attributes and traits at once as all as one.

Tell me, oh friends of B4, pray tell if you will...

Are you a distorted form, or an undistorted you?
You're probably right that from the POV of the Creator, everything within it is undistorted because everything is the Creator. However, from our POV, recognizing and moving past distortions is necessary to re-join with the Creator, because those distortions are what separate us from it.

Or perhaps a good analogy would be daydreams and other flights of imaginative fancy. Whatever dreams you cook up when you're staring out a window are, inarguably, part of you... but that's the extent of how much impact they have on anything else. Your daydreams are only real to you, and remain only so long as you focus on them. And we all are, to a certain extent, the daydreams of the Creator. We exist so the Creator can gain greater self-knowledge, but ultimately when our jobs are done we'll be folded back into the whole Oneness.

And likewise, distortions might be more properly thought of as tools, but they're tools which will eventually be discarded and enter the realm of memory once their immediate usefulness has passed.
Oh, no I agree with that. I didn't mean to imply I was referring from a 3D viewpoint (though my apple example probably didn't help).

I meant more just in general on a purely metaphysical way, not so much for 3D but just overall in general.

Is a distortion not also an undistorted form/thing?

Left and Right are differentiated in 3D, but are in truth and deeper actually just two bits belonging to the same piece.
Distortion and Undistortion are differentiated in 3D, but are they also in truth and deeper actually just two bits belonging to the same piece?
To me distortions simply refer to the realm of somethingness and the first distortion contains all other in unity.

It makes more sense if you look at it from a perspective where all is internalized. All space, all time, all separation and any something, are the distortions of a single center.
Now have the idea that there is a state in which this center is without any distortions, without notion of separation, without conscious awareness and which is infinite yet without relativity to itself. I think potentiated free will (first distortion containing all other) is this infinite state coalesced upon its totality (infinite experience of it), as while it is without quality it remains beingness, it remains experience, it remains the Creator and this cannot not contain that it has found/finds/will find awareness of itself. Now let's call this state the Void, where space is not, where time is not and so on. To have thought from the relativity of this state is much unlike how we have thought, for our thoughts reflect a path of a cause and effect from within somethingness. Yet, to have thought only from the potential to have thought has no basis for thought other than the absence of all thought as potential and this is infinitely reaching as a thought, as a moment singular in its essence.

To me Intelligent Infinity is the distortion of awareness of the Source, yet is not exactly the whole of the Creator for It exists in relation to non-awareness. It's really the yin and yang symbol, in their absence things are and in their presence they never truly are also but as the thought of them, both always and never there. Its all a thought. The dynamic of absence and presence, non-distortion and distortion, is what I believe to be the dance that makes infiniy infinite. From without time, to find time means to find infinite of it as its sole boundary is that it never and as such always is. Each point of infinity exists only in relation to the whole, as a sub-potential of the potential of infinity.
Perhaps it is easier to consider the roots of the word.

Distortion is a state of being distorted. To distort something is to 'pull or bend it out of shape, contorted'.

To that point contort and distort mean pretty much the same thing.

The first known thing in existence is infinity.

Quote:13.5 Questioner: Thank you. Can you tell me of the earliest, first known thing in the creation?

Ra: I am Ra. The first known thing in the creation is infinity. The infinity is creation.

There is only one possible change to infinity and that is for it to contort upon itself and so applying itself to itself becoming finite. This is because when infinity touches itself its own potentials interact with eachother and the presences of infinite opposites causes the 'force' which produces universes.

Thus, distortion, contortion, can be seen as infinity folding upon itself. I have seen the term 'invagination' applied to it aptly. It is never actually not infinite but rather it emerges as space and time which is the manifestation of the finite principle emerging from within infinity itself. The Creation is still 'being created'. There is an ongoing process of 'birth'.

So, the process of 'undistorting' or 'uncontorting' oneself as Infinity as seen as an analogous process to the unfurling of proteins and the reading of the 'DNA chain' by life itself. Microcosm, macrocosm, as above, so below.

Quote:Each step recapitulates intelligent infinity in its discovery of awareness.
Nagarjuna said something like "there is not the slightest iota of difference between samsara and nirvana." I think that samsara naturally draws one into nirvana, therefore, we are simply acting naturally, responding naturally, not really "attempting to overcome distortions." The distortions are just part of the samsara system, which inevitably pull one into nirvana.
No matter how you twist it it is still what it is.
And what is it?
I have always found it amusing to watch people mentally speculate on a paradox.

So many words said, so little understanding gleaned. Every time.

Peace.
A distortion, by its very definition, implies that there is a reality (how things really are), and that anything other than that reality, is a warping of the original state.

The original and real state is oneness. So anything other than oneness is a distortion. Intelligent infinity does not see any separation, therefore there is no distortion from its perspective. We have chosen to limit our perspectives through an act of will, thus entering into a distorted perspective. We see oneness and interpret it as separation. The source of all distortions is the limit of the viewpoint. So if you have an unlimited viewpoint, there is no distortion.

You can also look at infinity as a series of energy shells, and each shell, or ray, is more distorted than the last. The octave density is the broadest energy shell and does not recognize any illusions of separation (it doesn't even see separate rays -- it sees what we call reality as already perfectly integrated).

It is really about identification. If you identify with the whole, you are undistorted (one), if you identify with the portion you are distorted (duality). But from the perspective of the whole, the portions don't exist as portions. That's why we are really perfect, because distortion is just a dream. You wake up, still safe in bed, every time.
So it seems there's a General consensus of what something is.

This is cool and I like everyone's views a lot...But something just tells me distortion is also an illusion.

As is the mystery clad 'one' and its 'manyness', all creations of our own to explain a being that cannot be described with any one descriptor without confusion.

In patience, find impatience.
In distortion, find it undistorted.

In perfection find imperfection.
In one, find all and in all, find one.

This was an interesting showcase of paradigm resistance.

I personally don't think anyone, myself, is incorrect on this particular subject or fully correct.  Its outside of our capabilities as humans.

So I won't approach this topic with my intellect because I know that I don't know.  Instead I went with my feelings here.

You all know feelings aren't always easy to explain...

But the whole universe is an illusion and the 'real reality' is another construct.  There is only one despite many.  Any distortion is itself not a distortion.  Any perfection is a distortion.
And at the very top, where the One stems as source, both descriptors fit the being, but do not do justice to describing it.

It is so whole and perfect that it is all things, and all other things, and still both and neither at the same time.

At the end of creation as it all coalesces back as one.  Is any distortion treated AS a distortion?  Or just another undistorted portion of an infinite being that has chosen to see those portions of self despite knowing it is itself, as if they were not itself.

Does the creator recoil at itself's distortion, or does it see through its own facade?

Is distortion really real, or another item to integrate into a unified view of un/distortion that is closer to an expression of the OIC?

Why does it not seem considerable to anyone?

I'm not saying distortion doesnt exist.  I'm trying to say that it is as it is as well as since being one with The One also its opposite and at a point becomes something else.  A tool, a portion of the arsenal of self.  It dissolves and falls away once no longer needed.

What lessons do distortions teach us and how do we make distortions fall away to reveal their true selves.
The true self of all of us.

Thanks for the replies so far everyone~
(04-27-2017, 04:09 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]This is cool and I like everyone's views a lot...But something just tells me distortion is also an illusion.

Well that's how I see it.

The distortions are the mirror of what they reflect and the undistorted Creator is what's reflected in any and all distortions. The Creator knows Itself through perceiving Itself as what It is not, that is, through distortions/illusions.

The Creator in its most truthful nature is not a human, yet it contains the potential to perceive Itself as human at the meeting point of all the right thoughts that allow this perception. As such, when Infinity sees Itself as human (distortion/illusion), It will identify with the immediate experience that is perceived while this experience still holds through the greater fact that the Creator is not a human. Illusions are much like beliefs or thoughts that allow a paradoxal experience of the Creator of Itself through the perception of this paradox as being valid from within a greater perception that there is no paradox. Each layer of infinity is dependant upon a simultaeneous perception of being blinded in illusion, with a perception of what the illusion truly is and with a lack of awareness of this potential illusion. The Source to me is then much like these 3 things with no prevalance upon another, all in perfect fixation as the potential of the Source.

I like this quote which might relate:

Quote:Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.
I agree to an extent that yes distortion is an illusion. In that any unit regardless of size or mass, is an compact frequency. Elemental, in that each portion, unit, or individual conscience. Is a link in the alchemical field. Or can be considered or rendered to be comparable to an element, such as helium, and that even mental states of being are alchemical reactions. Thus the importance of nutrition, and the knowledge of the body. Such as the basic building Blocks. Or what we refer to as vitamins, elements, and or minerals. Each is in its stream, and element, an cell, an organ and so on. Each really at one view a basic element, at another a cell of this being, and yet never leaving being an basic element towards something even larger.

Reactions Reactions
I'm not too big on the whole separation thing, but if it helps me grow then it's worth it.
But I do love my own distortions, and believe I am slowly becoming less distorted, which is cool.
Everything is identity, to paraphrase. Each portion of the creator may experience itself as the one. Gathering information or identifying with all that is is the explicit point for the experiments of our sub logos. Nothing is extraneous or unnecessary.

"I am Ra. The Law of One, though beyond the limitations of name, as you call vibratory sound complexes, may be approximated by stating that all things are one, that there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator."