Bring4th

Full Version: Christian Mysticism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is my intention and desire to clear up the fog and to assist in untangling the web of misunderstanding surrounding the concept complex of Christianity.

The current form of Christianity is exactly that. A concept complex. A collection of a variety of different approaches to a certain concept which us Law of One students refer to as the Logos.

I had a startling A-Ha moment yesterday that I wish to share. Note: I will not be speaking of the bodily complex known as Jesus, but will be referring to the principle of Christ and the Logos. It will be helpful to have a basic understanding of Kabbalah.

There are various forms of Christianity that arose concurrent with Platonism as well as Gnosticism. Some might say Christianity is a form of Gnosticism. Others may further see Gnosticism as a form of Judaism. It is of my opinion, that various Gnostic schools of thought were blended together and formed what we know today as Christianity. While blending many schools of thought into one may maximize the ability to reach as many entities as possible, it opens the gate for much misunderstanding.

Within Gnosticism is a concept known as syzygies, which are female-male pairings of emanations known as aeons.

Taken from section 92...

-The Matrix of the Mind is that which reaches just as the kinetic phase of intelligent infinity, through free will, reaches for the Logos.

-In a more general sense, that which reaches may be seen as a male principle. That which awaits the reaching may be seen as a female principle. The richness of the male and female system of polarity is interesting and we would not comment further but suggest consideration by the student.

Male/Female Polarity

Unity (The Transcendent One/Absolute/Ayin)

Potential (Masculine/Ein Sof) All Potential Seeds - Intelligent Infinity
Kinetic (Feminine/Ohr Ein Sof) Womb of Creation - Cosmic Egg - Infinite Awareness

Logos - (Kether) The Chosen Seed - The Son of God

Potential (Christ/Chokmah)
Kinetic (Holy Spirit (Sophia)/Binah)

I will not mention the "Son of Man" as it would be beneficial to interpret this yourself.

The basic concept is that the Logos is the chosen seed out of all "potential seeds". The seed of the Father enters the womb of the Mother (the Virgin Mary/Pure Perception/Infinite Awareness). It is the Father that contains the seeds, and the mother that nurtures it. This "chosen seed" is the Logos. Just like the Absolute, the Logos then has a potential and a kinetic side. The potential is Christ. The kinetic is the Holy Spirit (Sophia). They are the two "aspects" of the Logos. I believe the tendency to associate the Absolute with the masculine principle may be rooted in that the male is generally seen as the giver. However, some forms of Gnosticism/Christianity refer to the Absolute as the "adrogynous progenitor" or the "eternal sea" or "perfect unity".

Note that with the above interpretation, the "Trinity" is a bit distorted as this is only one school of thought among many. To understand certain aspects of Christianity, you have to adapt your viewpoint.

Also, the male/female concept is the most transcendent and subtle prior to the Logos, but as Ra mentions, intelligent infinity still has a potential and kinetic side. There is an innate "Two in Oneness" of the Absolute Unity.

It is not likely that I summarized this adequately and it may not be wise to attempt to fit every concept of the Law of One schema into forms of Christianity, but certain correlations are too coincidental to simply dismiss and may be helpful to ponder.

I would write more but it is far more useful to respond to comments than to preach. Love and Light Smile
Mysticism is about tasting the ultimate mystery. TASTE is a direct experience that can't be put in words and definitions. And if there is a word or a symbol for this, it can only have a full meaning to someone, who knows the taste, who has the first hand experience. Mystic writings and traditions are only signposts ... I'm more and more interested in this path but I still keep returning to reasoning.
The Creator is "male, and female, and both, and neither." (I believe Q'uo said that, and I thought that was beautiful.)
The Son can be called the Logos. None get to the Father but through the Son. The process of spiritual evolution as laid out by the Logos. (Not sure if that's entirely right. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The negative veils of existence I feel have a correspondence to Ra's teachings. Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Ur. Free Will , Love , Light . Then Kether as manifestation, Creation. The negative veils would be pre manifestation or pre Creation as Ra described in the LOO.

I think that mystical Christianity certainly fits with the Law of One. If anyone is interested Scott Mandelker has a Gnostism class with many videos on his YouTube channel. He goes through the work of prominent Gnostics of the time, and many of the forgotten Gospels and books that were rejected and deemed "heretical" by the Council of Nicea when they were compiling the Bible.

Great work Henosis! I enjoy your posts Smile I am also very much interested in the mystical aspects of Christianity and Qabalah. They go quite well with Ra's teachings.
(04-29-2017, 06:11 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]Male/Female Polarity

Kinetic (Feminine/Ohr Ein Sof) Womb of Creation - Cosmic Egg - Infinite Awareness

Interesting perspective.

I see it a little differently. From my perspective the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost is represented by Kether, Chokmah, and Binah.

The Logos is the 3 energies of that supernal triad working in tandem as one beingness. Binah, from my perspective is the archetypal passive/potential form (female principle), while Chokmah is the archetypal active/kinetic force (male principle).

Kether is only male in the context of the potentiated illusion, with Malkuth being its female counterpart (the Shekinah)
I talked briefly with a lady on Facebook who is a Christian, but doesn't read the bible or go to church much.
When I mentioned using a pendulum to her, she said she had gotten that advice before, and was ok with it.

I wonder if pendulum dowsing is part of Christian Mysticism.
(05-01-2017, 07:14 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2017, 06:11 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]Male/Female Polarity

Interesting perspective.

I see it a little differently. From my perspective the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost is represented by Kether, Chokmah, and Binah.

The Logos is the 3 energies of that supernal triad working in tandem as one beingness. Binah, from my perspective is the archetypal passive/potential form (female principle), while Chokmah is the archetypal active/kinetic force (male principle).

Kether is only male in the context of the potentiated illusion, with Malkuth being its female counterpart (the Shekinah)

I agree with you. I would say Father, Son and Holy Spirit represents the supernal triad of Kether, Chokmah and Binah. But then viewing this from another perspective I would say the Father/Kether does not represent the Absolute or God, but the first movement of the Absolute.

I also lean toward the theosophical approach that Kether would be the unmanifested Logos, Chokmah the semi-manifest, and Binah the manifest or "form-maker".

I believe the trinity for sure is relating to the supernal triad....the way I'm attempting to use the terms is a bit more archaic and perhaps more "gnostic".

For example, if we take the persona of the Virgin Mary, her "character" would not fit anywhere on the Tree of Life, but if we consider the three sublime states above the tree, with two of them representing the most sublime and pure male/female polarity, from my perspective her persona or "role" becomes clear.

As far as my flip flopping the potential/kinetic and passive/active principles....I can't help but see Chokmah as "potential" yet active while seeing Binah as "kinetic" yet passive...not sure if this is my own understanding confusing me. Chokmah is usually seen as "the potential of what is". If Binah takes the potential of Chokmah and produces forms based on its input from Chokmah, how is it inactive rather than active? Any suggestions for helping me see this more clearly?
(05-04-2017, 12:30 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you. I would say Father, Son and Holy Spirit represents the supernal triad of Kether, Chokmah and Binah. But then viewing this from another perspective I would say the Father/Kether does not represent the Absolute or God, but the first movement of the Absolute.

I also lean toward the theosophical approach that Kether would be the unmanifested Logos, Chokmah the semi-manifest, and Binah the manifest or "form-maker".

I believe the trinity for sure is relating to the supernal triad....the way I'm attempting to use the terms is a bit more archaic and perhaps more "gnostic".

For example, if we take the persona of the Virgin Mary, her "character" would not fit anywhere on the Tree of Life, but if we consider the three sublime states above the tree, from my perspective her persona or "role" becomes clear.

As far as my flip flopping the potential/kinetic and passive/active principles....I can't help but see Chokmah as "potential" yet active while seeing Binah as "kinetic" yet passive...not sure if this is my own understanding confusing me. Chokmah is usually seen as "the potential of what is". Any suggestions for helping me see this more clearly?

Well, kabbalah is a very personal thing, and there is nothing wrong with how you see it if you are deriving value from it. Personally, for me, I've always been of the understanding that the right side represented the "pillar of force/mercy" and the left side represented the "pillar of form/severity". To me Chokmah is pure creative energy. It is all possibilities manifesting at once (actual rather than potential -- could also be described as "infinite knowing"). Binah, is the passive aspect that "constricts" the raw energy of chokmah much in the same way that a funnel would restrict and concentrate water flowing through it. It is like a condenser of possibilities. However, I see the actual "form maker" as Daath, though Binah certainly does play a role in it. Daath balances the two forces in a coherent and stabilized fashion.

Binah focuses the energy by virtue of its form. You could think of Chokmah like the fuel and Binah as the engine that compresses that fuel causing combustion, thereby producing locomotion/transformation. The right side of the tree radiates energy, and the left side of the tree absorbs and manipulates, passively, the energy thus radiated and directs it to where it wants it to go. The only exception would be Gevurah and Chesed, because it is flipped there where Gevurah is the kinetic male/kinetic force, and Chesed is the passive/potential female force.

As far as the Virgin Mary, I don't have any clue where she would go, as I don't consider her to be a real archetypal aspect (but maybe I'm wrong).

I agree that Kether represents the first movement/distortion. It is the manifestation of "will". Though, I don't actually count Kether as a sephirah. Kether is equal to the other ten. Kether is all the sephira as one sephira. It only appears as a sephira, from a perspective below it, but in actuality, it is all the sephira as one. This is just my personal perspective based on my own studies. It is essentially synonymous with the octave concept.
I would agree that Daath is the "form-maker", while Binah is moreso the receiver of the "form" to be made.

I see the relationship of Daath to Chokmah/Binah as a microcosm of the relationship of Kether to Ein Sof/Ohr Ein Sof.

Kether would be the Logos, or free will being potentiated. The Original Thought.

Before free will is potentiated, there is only the infinite intelligence, represented by the Ohr Ein Sof. The infinite intelligence did not yet have a thought. In a "gnostic" sense, I might say that Ein Sof/Ohr Ein Sof (intelligent infinity/infinite intelligence) represents the first aeon.

The argument I was making was that the non-focused perceptive state of the Ohr Ein Sof that was not yet potentiated and is thus pure intelligence, is akin to the Virgin Mary, or Womb of Creation, which gives birth to the Logos.

Just as there is the supernal triad of Kether, Chokmah, Binah....one could say there is a purely transcendent triad in the infinite/octave realm of Ayin, Ayin Soph, and Ohr Ayin Soph.
Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing.

Each triad on the tree of life is a more and more distorted reflection of Ohr Ein Sof. Essentially it just keeps reflecting itself and reflecting itself and reflecting itself till it finally reaches the twilight of consciousness and can't distort itself anymore (red ray/malkuth).

I would say Binah is the mother that becomes pregnant with the seed of Chokmah's infinite light. The mothers body does nurture the child and give it form, but it is born out of Daath. Daath is kind of like the birth canal of the metaphysical cosmos. So Binah and Daath both play a pretty substantial "form making" role. So it is kind of like the "gate keeper" of allowing forms into our world. This may be why some consider Daath to be part of Binah, though I don't necessarily agree with lumping them in exactly the same category. There is a lot of dogma in Kabbalistic/Qabalistic ideology.
I understand your perspective. This is the "correct" way of viewing the tree of life.

It's just that I've looked at so many gnostic views along with Hindu perspectives and it's somewhat temporarily clouded my judgment.

For example, in the Shiva/Shakti system, Shiva is generally pure consciousness and viewed as masculine/inactive and all manifestation and energy is Shakti or feminine/active.

I try to take a syncretic approach and it's difficult to blend some ideas.
There is another association: the Father is associated with the third eye chakra, the Son with the throat, and the Holy Spirit is the heart (love).
From Christian mystic tradition stems the concept of Cosmic Christ ...

And there is a renaissance mystic Giovanni Pico della Mirandola, who tried to integrate Kabbalah with Christianity ...