Bring4th

Full Version: Asians and diabetes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://asiandiabetesprevention.org/what-is-diabetes/why-are-asians-higher-risk

So why are Asians the top group to develop diabetes? They also have more visceral fat around their organs and have less overall muscle mass.
I'm going to assume its because of the large amount of rice based foods and other high carb/starchy/fruity foods. Rice is no joke people. It has significant calories and net carbs but it all gets turned straight into glucose.

Why are Asians mostly thin if they eat lots of carbs?  Less refined sugar intake. Less dietary fat consumption. Less overall calories consumed. More insulin sensitive. More active.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that takes time to develop.  With the exception of being born with Type 1, its not from old age. But yes it makes sense that with such a high carb laden diet, diabetes would inevitably occur, not necessarily obesity. You don't have to be fat to develop diabetes.

Obesity and insulin resistance, at least in in my view are greatly fueled by fructose/high fruc corn syrup. Thanks Pepsi!!

Stay away from beef meat and milk/cheese. The fat is ok but the proteins are what cause the problems and keep insulin spiked for some. And of course the sugars in milk/cheese are also an issue.

**meant for diet forum**
What's one to eat then?
(05-06-2017, 08:13 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]What's one to eat then?

Well I just ate some eggs and bacon w/ghee/salt after a 20 hour fast. A meal like this can keep me full for 6-8 hours because of the low insulin response.

What if the article was called "Americans and Heart Disease" and the doctors recommended a diet that is similar to what Asians and some Americans eat? Fruits, veggies, rice, low fat. Messed up huh.

So Asians and Americans both get a metabolic disease eating 2 different diets, but each one is high in carbs.

Mainstream doctors dare not recommend a low carb/high fat diet. Its been so pounded into our heads that dietary fat itself clogs arteries and is bad.