Bring4th

Full Version: _______
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
______
My understanding--and though it is limited--is that each person has their own version or the egregore, tulpa or character.

To purposely create an egregore with personality and such takes mental focus by a wide range of people.
It's still your version of them, but you can make them your own, and extend free will when you are satisfied.
The 4chan one is interesting, especially on /x/.
The facebook ones are highly volatile mostly.

4chan's /pol/ has one that has been sustained despite heavy disintegration from entropy.

The one here on b4 is the most noticeable.

Ever felt that sudden urge to go on b4? The egregore is accessing your connection to it.

In a way, the one here on b4 is the most autonomous one I've seen experienced yet.
______
I've talked about egregores variously on here at different times and have pointed out the changing nature of the B4 egregore which has changed form many times since I've been here. There is no egregore for the Law of One itself.
(05-10-2017, 11:50 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]The one here on b4 is the most noticeable.

Ever felt that sudden urge to go on b4?  The egregore is accessing your connection to it.

In a way, the one here on b4 is the most autonomous one I've seen experienced yet.

(05-10-2017, 03:56 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I've talked about egregores variously on here at different times and have pointed out the changing nature of the B4 egregore which has changed form many times since I've been here. There is no egregore for the Law of One itself.

Wow, what? this is completely new to me. I have definitely felt sudden urges to go on B4 though.

What is an egregore? Specifically what is the current nature of the B4 egregore?

And is there an overall continuity, a 'definable identity' of the B4 egregore since the beginning of your awareness of it?

Is the reason there is no egregore for the Law of One that the Law of One is essentially all there is, it is too vast and infinite to define an egregore?

Is it kind of like the beginnings of a social memory complex?
(05-10-2017, 03:41 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2017, 11:50 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]The 4chan one is interesting, especially on /x/.
The facebook ones are highly volatile mostly.

4chan's /pol/ has one that has been sustained despite heavy disintegration from entropy.

The one here on b4 is the most noticeable.

Ever felt that sudden urge to go on b4?  The egregore is accessing your connection to it.

And how are you able to sense egregores, is it by the thoughts and feelings you're noticing in yourself when going on some forum ?
How do you know when it is the egregor itself you're feeling versus the actual thoughts form of others on the forum.

It's hard to explain. It's a feeling I get.  On /x/ it is informative on what threads are there to derail the board subject matter.
On /pol/ It's just the sensation of frenzied energy.

Facebook one provides vibes on what is and isn't genuine.

Here on b4 it manifests mainly catalytic responses in people.

Our recent arguments on here is fueled by the egregore bringing  out the confrontational nature in some of us.

Egregore's are subtle, like they gently nudge sensations upon me and affect how we react and respond to each other.
(05-10-2017, 11:19 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2017, 11:50 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]The one here on b4 is the most noticeable.

(05-10-2017, 03:56 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I've talked about egregores variously on here at different times and have pointed out the changing nature of the B4 egregore which has changed form many times since I've been here. There is no egregore for the Law of One itself.

Wow, what? this is completely new to me. I have definitely felt sudden urges to go on B4 though.

What is an egregore? Specifically what is the current nature of the B4 egregore?

And is there an overall continuity, a 'definable identity' of the B4 egregore since the beginning of your awareness of it?

Is the reason there is no egregore for the Law of One that the Law of One is essentially all there is, it is too vast and infinite to define an egregore?

Is it kind of like the beginnings of a social memory complex?

An egregore is an entity that can form in the astral around a group and is generated by the collective thoughts, emotions and intentions within the group interaction. It isn't exclusive to groups, an individual could potentially create their own egregore or an egregore can sometimes be generated within a space itself. They can sometimes be amorphous, other time they are more consistent and concrete. The latter is usually the case when they are intentionally fed and created whereas the former tends to happen more when they emerge unintentionally, such as here on Bring4th. Different individuals will perceive it in different ways of course, since everyone has different sensitivities.

There is no egregore for the Law of One because the Law of One is a principle. Maybe we could call all of creation the egregore of the creator but I think that's a bit of a wider concept than the word egregore suggests as you say.

The egregore for Bring4th has changed forms many times and still is always shifting but it is a lot more stable now. It has shifted all across the spectrum in terms of energy, at times it has been overwhelmingly positive and other times there has been some serious negativity around. Right now it is more of a 'moderate positive'. It seems that the overall attitude of the forum has been refined through many catalysts and 'hardships' and these in turn have helped to 'mature' the image of the egregore. Where once it took all sorts of forms from fantastical to horrific, it now takes the form of a man or woman deep in study and concerned with the expansion of knowledge. I think this is a good reflection of the current atmosphere on Bring4th, which is different from much of the past 'working out of emotions' that has taken place. Surely that will always happen, but the state seems to be rather calm.

As to how to perceive it, feeling it is one way such as C_A suggests but I also will sometimes receive mental images to describe it. How to focus your consciousness upon it is hard to describe and requires familiarity with the geography of mind. I perceive 'the forum' as a current of energy, a flow which has a particular collection of vibrations which are part of it. The image and feeling that is received is just a translation of this current of intelligent energy. The egregore itself can be described as the nature of the intelligence of this flow of intelligent energy. The perception thereof is a matter of perceiving this flow. For me, I see my screen as the 'gateway' through which the vibration comes and it is through that which I 'listen', as though feeling for a vibration in the air and reflected in the mind.

Thus, when I want to disconnect from the egregore, I close the window which closes the gateway through which the energy current comes. This is also why I don't require pictures for readings because once someone has a username here they are 'in the current' and I can usually find them that way.
I have not needed a picture or even a name of a person to send them healing. Once, someone's dog was moping about and whining because it's partner, another dog they had, had passed away.

I did like 10-20 mins of Reiki and felt the desire to stop, which I did. And the next day at work they told me the dog was better. I had asked permission for that, and it had been crying for like a week or two almost nonstop. So I can send comforting energies. And I didn't have a picture or name of the dog I believe.
Quote:In the world of human thought, certain currents have been built up into forms of great potency by their reiterated use in successive ages. These established forms, or egregores, serve as channels of true power, and vary from region to region of the world.

In the West, a theme developed and perfected in the course of one cult after another is that of the Spirit's descent into Matter and it's subsequent return to the Divine Light. This theme, in its stark essence, is fundamental to the Mysteries and appears under many guises (not all of which contemplate Matter as pre-existing); but in beginning our study, our concern is with this theme as shown forth in the death and resurrection of hero or of god.

Does L/L Research has a current of power? I would think so. I have never been with them physically but the continued meetings and spiritual seeking/ workings create, what Q'uo has described, a brilliant bright light that can been seen up into the heavens and far and wide. Maybe those who've attended their meetings, or Homecoming, can attest to the strength of the energy of the group.

I have also heard egregores described as created thought form entities on which a group draws power. Or builds up power.

As I quoted above, I think the most common here in the west is the God-hero mythologies. The story of Jesus Christ is an example. Osiris and Set. (Thoth helps Isis restore Osiris to life. In later versions Thoth was replaced by Ra.) Tummaz. Dionysus.

Quote:The Mystery cults are centered upon such myths as these, and the aspirant who, though born in this late age, is aware of a stirring in the depths of his mind in response to those ancient tales should muse upon them and upon others of their kind. They have power, if the subconscious mind is accessible, to find their counterparts in its depth, and, with sufficient meditation, to call forth a personal conviction of the aspirant's own sublime and secret origin. It makes no difference, at this stage, whether he place that beginning at a mere thirty, or three million years before; it is not his physical parentage which is contemplated.