Bring4th

Full Version: Is something controlling how much you remember?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is turning the switch of your remembering? I go through cycles of remembering and forgetting. Each time during the forgetting I become more and more confident that eventually I will remember again, and I get less dependent on remembering. This allows me to do the instinctual work necessary that I came here to do.

But what exactly is opening and closing that valve of remembering energy? Higher self? The beings assigned to your lifetime? Sometimes I will get an extreme flash of remembering, despite my level of spiritual effort that day, and it was like it wasn't even based on how much I am working on expanding my service to others, it was just preplanned to happen at that moment. Seems completely random, to be honest.
I'm fairly sure it's mostly about your higher self and the pre-incarnative choices higher-you made when crafting this particular 3D-you. And it's almost certainly going to be idiosyncratic, based on your own goals for this life and lessons you're hoping to learn.

Like in my case, I've been directly informed that the higher me doesn't want my lower self digging too deeply into past lives and personal memories. I was strongly encouraged to wake up and remember abstract philosophical lessons in love and wisdom, but that it was desired that this life be a 'blank slate' without the baggage of my personal past. Nor, of course, am I supposed to know WHY this is, exactly, since that would jinx whatever test or experiment is being conducted.

(Although I suspect it's mainly just about getting a clearer look at my energetic balances 'in a vacuum' so to speak.)

Now, of course, the fun thing here is that since I -the incarnated entity- have free will over my own life that supersedes that of my higher self, I could actually demand access to those memories or in some way 'brute force' my way to them. But I've decided to trust my higher self's plans and accept that those are mysteries which will only be revealed once my veil is lifted.

And in a similar way, if you spend more time getting in contact with your higher self and\or guides, it's possible they could reveal some information about your own situation as well.
I sometimes think of the veil of forgetting as entropy. It is an ever working force that works towards dissolution. Every memory, thought patterns, ideas you contain and have access have an ingrained route to the source of the existence of this idea in the source of all thoughts. If you would never work to remember anything, never repeat any cognitive patterns of thoughts and never even desire to remember anything then entropy would just automatically clear the hard hard drive of your brain. But our biological bodies are programmed to seek towards resisting entropy. Plus societal contructs are also a mean to remember some things that would be lost otherwise. In other words, forgetting is almost like a fundamental law of physic that is constantly driving how the experience goes. And so it would maybe be more useful to ask why we are remembering? Because we desire so. Without this driving force of will, every thoughts would be lost as soon as it would travel your consciousness. Our biological brains are built so that we can desire to store some thoughts, free from entropy, but never forever. If you never use the thoughts, entropy will find it's way in and you will lose the path to this information. And so why do you forget? In my opinion it is either because you have either conscious/unconscious will to forget, or you just don't care enough to store it safe. In case of unconscious will to forget, it is likely because of emotional overload. Entropy will take care of every thoughts you do not consider precious enough to store safe.
The strength of the veil could well be indicated by the Schumann Resonance, as this is rising and may reflect an increase in global consciousness.

The 'mind set' we find ourselves in on a day-to-day basis could perhaps be limited by the planetary sum total of individual vibratory states. It does seem like the news, positive or negative has a measurable influence on the general mood of society.
This may or may not be linked to the ability to remember.
(05-14-2017, 04:30 AM)Night Owl Wrote: [ -> ]And so why do you forget? In my opinion it is either because you have either conscious/unconscious will to forget, or you just don't care enough to store it safe. In case of unconscious will to forget, it is likely because of emotional overload. Entropy will take care of every thoughts you do not consider precious enough to store safe.

I think it is because of unconscious will to forget.

I remember one night when I penetrated my veil very deeply, the deepest I've ever penetrated it yet for any extended period of time, and I remember thinking, "Nah, let's continue the game. Let's continue to forget some more, forget and then remember, forget and then remember, until the perfect moment. It's not time to remember completely yet."

Very interesting because that was the most I had remembered, and during that time I remembered that I desired to continue the incredible intricate game of remembering and forgetting.
(05-14-2017, 02:03 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Like in my case, I've been directly informed that the higher me doesn't want my lower self digging too deeply into past lives and personal memories.  I was strongly encouraged to wake up and remember abstract philosophical lessons in love and wisdom, but that it was desired that this life be a 'blank slate' without the baggage of my personal past.  Nor, of course, am I supposed to know WHY this is, exactly, since that would jinx whatever test or experiment is being conducted.

Very interesting, I associated this idea of blank slate very instinctively with the scent of myrrh oil. Myrrh essential oil feels to me like a pure, blank slate, consciousness.
(05-13-2017, 11:33 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]What is turning the switch of your remembering? I go through cycles of remembering and forgetting. Each time during the forgetting I become more and more confident that eventually I will remember again, and I get less dependent on remembering. This allows me to do the instinctual work necessary that I came here to do.

But what exactly is opening and closing that valve of remembering energy? Higher self? The beings assigned to your lifetime? Sometimes I will get an extreme flash of remembering, despite my level of spiritual effort that day, and it was like it wasn't even based on how much I am working on expanding my service to others, it was just preplanned to happen at that moment. Seems completely random, to be honest.

I believe that "switch" is turned on by your higher self. It allows you to remember when the time is right for you to do so. For example, I have been doing inner work on regrets, forgiveness, etc. Most of the time, I am unaware that I have regrets for certain past actions. At random times, at least to me, these memories will come into my mind and I will realize that, that is an area where I need to work. They may seem random to us, but I'm sure they come when we are emotionally and spiritually ready to handle them regardless of daily spiritual effort or STO work. I consider them a gift and take full advantage of the opportunity to 'cleanse' my spirit of these issues.