Bring4th

Full Version: Video game recommends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't play that often, but when I do...

I play skyrim BigSmile 'Tis me favorite game of all time, 180 hours put into my main character. I also love minecraft, and enjoy running people over in GTA V from time to time. Just ordered Dying Light for Xbone to try out some zombie killin' action.

What do you love to play, Wanderers?!?! Cool
7 Days to Die, Dying Light, Left 4 Dead, Deadrising, um, what other zombie games with death related names are there...  House of the Dead.
Red Dead Redemption (and the Undead DLC).

If you like Skyrim you might Love Obivion and Morrowind.

Fallout 4 plays a bit similar to Skyrim.

If you like story and rpg, Fallout 2, 3, and New Vegas might fit your fancy.

You might like Portal and Portal 2.  

If you like side scroller puzzles try Limbo or Inside.

If you can withstand horrendous language and obscene amounts of sexual innuendo, GTA Vice City might be fun for you, if you don't mind not swimming, and one or two obnoxiously painfully hard missions to do.
However cheats make the game a lot of fun.

Another great game made to cheat in.  GTA: San Andreas.
Also just amazing gameplay with much lighter tones on obscenity, some exceptions withstanding its pretty racist too.  But the story is actually very interesting and entertaining and the map is HUGE and you get Jets.  And Jetpacks!  And night vision or heat vision, enough cheats to break the game, literally.

If you like simpler stuff, minecraft, Terraria, Stardew Valley.

Dead Island is the spiritual predecessor to Dying Light, its story line and overall polish is...bad, but the gameplay and level design were good enough to keep it alive, or, you could say, undead.

I have Another radical suggestion:
Alternative Game Play of Skyrim.

Make an actual personality and character to literally roleplay as in game.  Require them to eat, drink, sleep, and don't let yourself save more than twice a game day, and only 4 hours max waiting daily, no fast travel, and you must stick to a specific play style such as two handed or destruction or conjuration, or a tight mix like one handed daggers only with sneak and illusion, or archery, light armor, and sneak.
For a super challenge, do all of that, on Master Difficulty.
Don't advance the main quest until you're...set with potions.

Or be a simple farmer, alchemist potion maker, run from fights, talk to people a lot.  Take a more social approach to specific quests.

Or rediscover being Dragonborn from a simple potion maker.  Turn the game into YOUR story.

I prefer first person shooters or competition.

Overwatch, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell games, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Battlefield 4, 3, Bad Company, Hardline, 1...  You'd love Halo 4, and probably the entire game series from 1 to 3 to ODST, Reach, and now 4 and 5.  I personally LOVED the Forge modes.

I recommend Call of Duty 4, MW2, Black Ops 1 to 3, MW3, for story.  I'm not a fan of Infinity.

I would suggest you try out Assassins Creed from the start.  I...Can't name them all...There's a lot...  but the story was mind blowing up to a point.

I can't even remember all the games I really enjoyed.  Would recommend Section 8 though.
i like rust, skyrim, morrowind, new and old doom, gtaV & rainbow six siege. a few other things too but they're insignificant.
Lately I've been playing Ori and the blind forest and before that was the latest Zelda Breath of the wild.

I'd recommend both.
I would recommend Reckoning: Kingdoms of Amalur, it is a great action RPG with a lot of Celtic themes. Really awesome storyline and engaging gameplay. Diablo 3 is great if you like dungeon crawlers. There is a Neverwinter Nights MMO which is based on DnD and has some interesting engagement. A lot of people enjoy Mass Effect which is kind of like Skyrim in space.

I have played a looot of games. Right now I've been playing Diablo 3 and I have played Final Fantasy 14 a lot which is a great MMORPG. I guess those are mostly what I have been playing lately but I just downloaded Abzu which I've been wanting to play for awhile so I am excited to get in to it. It is an exploration game in water-based environments.
Zelda is my favorite series (still playing BOTW), followed by Final Fantasy (IV/V/VI/IX) and Call Of Duty. I just like to kill people in GTA. Mortal Kombat just got ridiculous after MK4. Remember the good ol'days of playing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in the arcade? Hell yea!

Best Gamecube game has to be Eternal Darkness hands down, followed by Twilight Princess.

Medievil and Medievil II are my favorite PS1 games. Medal Of Honor were excellent first person shooters! I still like to get really high and play through this one level in Medal Of Honor: Frontline like I did a decade ago.

Every gamer probably has those precious few games that they can just lose themselves in. Reminds me of coming home from school and turning on that Super Nintendo/N64. I still have my original N64 bought back in 96'!

Can't wait for Ultimate Street Fighter II and Super Mario Odyessy! I hope Nintendo expands the Virtual Console for the Switch. They aint got sheet so far. They also better make a proper F-Zero game for the Switch too.

Always sucks when your mom or sister would walk in and just turn your system off. You're like "Noooo! WTF!"
Ah yes, shutting stuff off while in using it.

Made a valid point of how cruel that is when I started turning off tv's and computers while my mom was using them.

Now that she knew what it felt like, she stopped doing it.
I just learned from someone that you can search Youtube for "video game music" and then find a playlist, and come up with some pretty cool tunes.
(05-15-2017, 11:37 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]Zelda is my favorite series (still playing BOTW), followed by Final Fantasy (IV/V/VI/IX) and Call Of Duty. I just like to kill people in GTA. Mortal Kombat just got ridiculous after MK4. Remember the good ol'days of playing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in the arcade? Hell yea!

Best Gamecube game has to be Eternal Darkness hands down, followed by Twilight Princess.

Medievil and Medievil II are my favorite PS1 games. Medal Of Honor were excellent first person shooters! I still like to get really high and play through this one level in Medal Of Honor: Frontline like I did a decade ago.

Every gamer probably has those precious few games that they can just lose themselves in. Reminds me of coming home from school and turning on that Super Nintendo/N64. I still have my original N64 bought back in 96'!

Can't wait for Ultimate Street Fighter II and Super Mario Odyessy! I hope Nintendo expands the Virtual Console for the Switch. They aint got sheet so far. They also better make a proper F-Zero game for the Switch too.

Always sucks when your mom or sister would walk in and just turn your system off. You're like "Noooo! WTF!"

I've played and beaten nearly every Final Fantasy. You are one of the few people I have ever met to include FFIX among your favorites, as it is my own. A lot of people didn't like the return to the more cartoony styled characters but that was to me a return to the originals before it went all realistic and cyberpunk with FFVII.

Been dying to play BOTW but don't have any Nintendo consoles and it's tough to justify buying one just for one game, but I really want to play it...

My favorite N64 Game was Mystical Ninja starring Goemon. What an absolutely hilarious, excellent and expansive game for the N64 era. I think the games I enjoyed for Gamecube the most was Tales of Symphonia and Mario Sunshine.

Playstation was all about RPGS for me, Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Breath of Fire 3 (spent hundreds of hours on that game), etc. Also Bushido Blade 2 was one of the coolest fighting games ever, it's a shame the license got frozen so they could never make a sequel.
I also happen to like this particular longplay that I am currently watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC0umZrz...4D78BB23F4
*deleted* 
does anyone play cs go?
I love to play Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, and even Counter Stike Global Offensive. To be honest, I've been playing Counter-Strike for almost six years. This game is so freaking addictive! Whenever the major starts, I start buying stickers and skins. Later I sell CS:GO skins, as, after the Major, their prices reach their peak, and you can earn an insane amount of money out of it. I only try to play it during the weekend because I start getting addicted to it again, and I start playing it 24/7.
(11-02-2021, 09:39 AM)Claireredfil Wrote: [ -> ]I love to play Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption, and even Counter Stike Global Offensive.

You might enjoy this game called Splitgate, it's a free to play multiplayer fps. I've been addicted to it the past few weeks
Mass Effect Andromeda (deluxe version i believe) is pretty good. Also, Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Civilization Beyond Earth may also appeal to many people here. Endless Space 2 Awakening too. Civilization V is also good but its not futuristic or space-y.
if you like open world/adventure games, subnautica 100%