Bring4th

Full Version: Magic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you guys feel about This?

In my personal practice, my working is going to change significantly. I am approaching this cautiously. I would like to know where everyone here comes from about this concept.

The impetus has been small success on understanding the matrix and potentiator, neophyte initiation into angelic call construction, small shift in balancing, willingness to be in the moment.
Well I love to explore the subconscious and Earth's inner planes through shamanic journeying. Even more than dreamwork.
Though I love both. They are richly satisfying.
I think the magickal approach is a good one to take, if one feels so inclined. One should approach it causeously and carefully because the missteps can be many. Western occultism is mixed with positive and negative information. Crowley was a positive entity but got confused during incarnation and began walking the negative path, which ultimately caused him to be in deep inner pain right now (i.e. Hell realms, lower astral).

Ra does say that the white magickal path is one to take, but that it's best to go at it with a group
(Maybe that was specific to Carla don and Jim because of the attention from the loyal opposition that they were attracting, or maybe in general because one could move onto the left hand path working in solitude).

I'm more of a solitary seeker, mostly because I don't know anyone who seeks with equal or greater intensity than I do, but I have found some sources who I feel are positive and offer instruction and initiation into a positive path of adepthood. These traditions seek to lighten the planetary consciousness and serve the planet, from my understanding.

It's good to be clear on your intentions and motivations especially when working to develop and use the desire and will to affect changes in consciousness. These are quite powerful when honed.
I think magick has its time and place, but I feel like the really complex magickal workings are mostly useless for people in this density (there are rare exceptions). One can certainly go that route, but for our density, almost any purpose we would use magick for in 3rd density is the metaphysical equivalent of cracking a coconut open with a hammer. What I mean by that is that we mostly use "crude magick" for our purposes (we might even call it "natural magick"). An example of crude magick is like repetitive visualizations/affirmations (like the law of attraction). It is like brute forcing a password. It gets the job done most of the time, just like that blunt hammer gets that coconut open. Ra said there is no need for the blunt instrument when the scalpel is available, but the scalpel is often harder to use for most people in this density. Sure, you can use a more advanced instrument to get that coconut open, but is it really worth it? The hammer is right there.

You have to weigh the opportunity cost of the effectiveness of a working versus the difficulty of summoning the more finessed forces of creation. It is a quality/quantity situation, but the mistake many people make on this path is they often fail to realize that sometimes the quantity side is the more efficient course of action, from a pragmatic magickal standpoint. In otherwords, you can spend years learning magickal rituals, incantations, vibrating god names and so forth, but if it turns out you aren't doing it right, you are basically engaging in a useless act of superstition. In fact, I would say that most magickal practictioners are "pretend witches" who don't actually understand the mechanics of what they are doing. In which case, it is just an exercise is useless superstition.

But then, it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I study magickal literature because I'm fascinated by metaphysical architecture. But as far as actual results go, I've had far more success with the blunt magickal instruments. It takes a LOT of practice to get to where one can do anything actually magickally interesting. It definitely isn't a part time job. It is something I've recently been investigating to a greater degree, but like all hidden knowledge it is absolutely infested with half truths and dogma.

But I'm preaching to the choir here, I'm sure most here understand this already.
I think every moment is magical, and full of mystery and more to discover. Each dive deeper then the last into unity. Magic to me is best represented by the orgasmic state of mind or bliss. Realizing that all is truly perfect and well. Beyond acceptable, in fact quite lovable.
(05-18-2017, 08:39 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I think the magickal approach is a good one to take, if one feels so inclined. One should approach it causeously and carefully because the missteps can be many. Western occultism is mixed with positive and negative information. Crowley was a positive entity but got confused during incarnation and began walking the negative path, which ultimately caused him to be in deep inner pain right now (i.e. Hell realms, lower astral).

Ra does say that the white magickal path is one to take, but that it's best to go at it with a group
(Maybe that was specific to Carla don and Jim because of the attention from the loyal opposition that they were attracting, or maybe in general because one could move onto the left hand path working in solitude).

I'm more of a solitary seeker, mostly because I don't know anyone who seeks with equal or greater intensity than I do, but I have found some sources who I feel are positive and offer instruction and initiation into a positive path of adepthood. These traditions seek to lighten the planetary consciousness and serve the planet, from my understanding.

It's good to be clear on your intentions and motivations especially when working to develop and use the desire and will to affect changes in consciousness. These are quite powerful when honed.

What density is this lower astral realm? 4d negative?
(05-18-2017, 09:39 PM)DungBeetle Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2017, 08:39 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I think the magickal approach is a good one to take, if one feels so inclined. One should approach it causeously and carefully because the missteps can be many. Western occultism is mixed with positive and negative information. Crowley was a positive entity but got confused during incarnation and began walking the negative path, which ultimately caused him to be in deep inner pain right now (i.e. Hell realms, lower astral).

3D inner planes are the astral. There are also subdensities within that. Astral is time/space whereas the physical is space/time.
(05-18-2017, 09:40 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2017, 09:39 PM)DungBeetle Wrote: [ -> ]

3D inner planes are the astral. There are also subdensities within that. Astral is time/space whereas the physical is space/time.

How does Crowley get trapped there? I thought after 3d "death", your in a "good" place until your next 3d repeat, or your accention to 4d+-.
(05-18-2017, 09:29 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]I think magick has its time and place, but I feel like the really complex magickal workings are mostly useless for people in this density (there are rare exceptions). One can certainly go that route, but for our density, almost any purpose we would use magick for in 3rd density is the metaphysical equivalent of cracking a coconut open with a hammer. What I mean by that is that we mostly use "crude magick" for our purposes (we might even call it "natural magick"). An example of crude magick is like repetitive visualizations/affirmations (like the law of attraction). It is like brute forcing a password. It gets the job done most of the time, just like that blunt hammer gets that coconut open. Ra said there is no need for the blunt instrument when the scalpel is available, but the scalpel is often harder to use for most people in this density. Sure, you can use a more advanced instrument to get that coconut open, but is it really worth it? The hammer is right there.

You have to weigh the opportunity cost of the effectiveness of a working versus the difficulty of summoning the more finessed forces of creation. It is a quality/quantity situation, but the mistake many people make on this path is they often fail to realize that sometimes the quantity side is the more efficient course of action, from a pragmatic magickal standpoint. In otherwords, you can spend years learning magickal rituals, incantations, vibrating god names and so forth, but if it turns out you aren't doing it right, you are basically engaging in a useless act of superstition. In fact, I would say that most magickal practictioners are "pretend witches" who don't actually understand the mechanics of what they are doing. In which case, it is just an exercise is useless superstition.

Like Ra said, "Begin and end in the Creator, not technique."

I feel that if one is serious enough he can use the information in the Law of One to achieve at least harvestability. Ra gave four exercises that seem simple on the surface, but give a rather large area of study and work for soul development. Truly the foundation is set with the information in the Law of One. It's up to us to build on that and grow from that foundation.
(This thought just sprang up: the Significator of Mind. 79.37 : "The heart of the mind complex is that dynamic entity which absorbs, seeks, and attempts to learn."

79.42 : "The mind itself became an actor possessed of free will and, more especially, will. As the Significator of the mind, the Hierophant has the will to know, but what shall it do with its knowledge, and for what reasons does it seek? The potential[s] of a complex significator are manifold.")