Bring4th

Full Version: The Official 2017 Homecoming Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aaron! So sorry that you can't make it this year buddy. You were so consistent for two or three years I thought you were going to be a Homecoming staple the way that the Great Garry Fung has become. I actually have a funny memory from you in that regard. I recall someone asking you at a Homecoming if you would return and you, without skipping a beat, said something in Ra-speak like, "As long as the Logos rises on third density."

This year has been so strange. We filled up after just a week of open registration! Not only that but there are 15 names on the wait list, with more trickling in every week. It's been painful, actually. We've had to say no to multiple dear friends.

We are going to look into holding a second gathering in the year beginning next year. (Eddie, you shall get your wish.) It's not a lack of desire that has kept it to just one major gathering per year, but lack of resources. There is a lot of time and energy that goes into production given the way we hold them (including assistance with lodging, providing most of the food, set up of the venue, coordination of all the different talks, etc.). It's not that we don't love to do it. It's just that it diverts energy away from other needed L/L work.

But with demand the way it is, we will investigate holding a second one at an offsite venue where we won't have to worry about food or lodging. And hopefully only a minimum of transportation.

Diana, that's a wonderful idea about connecting the circle with others. The schedule for this Homecoming is however already packed. But just to explore . . . if such a thing were to occur, what would you (or anyone interested in brainstorming) envision we do during a video connection? I mean, after we all say hi, and giggle, then what? Is it just a hello, awesome to see you? Or is there are a shared activity?

We would truly love to meet more of you.

I just did a quick search. Both Google Hangout and Skype seem to support a max of 25 users on one call. That's us + 24 other people.
(07-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]But just to explore . . . if such a thing were to occur, what would you (or anyone interested in brainstorming) envision we do during a video connection? I mean, after we all say hi, and giggle, then what? Is it just a hello, awesome to see you? Or is there are a shared activity?

Go-Pro views of all the hugs at the end?
I'll be supporting you all from the sidelines, can't make it this year as this year is the purchase of my first bed... woo hoo

Shooting for Homecoming 2018

Love and Light blessings to everyone who attends, next year I'm going to knock your socks off with the best prizo this side of Earth.
(07-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Diana, that's a wonderful idea about connecting the circle with others. The schedule for this Homecoming is however already packed. But just to explore . . . if such a thing were to occur, what would you (or anyone interested in brainstorming) envision we do during a video connection? I mean, after we all say hi, and giggle, then what? Is it just a hello, awesome to see you? Or is there are a shared activity?

I just did a quick search. Both Google Hangout and Skype seem to support a max of 25 users on one call. That's us + 24 other people.

I didn't know there was a limit. Any techies out there who know how to bundle the calls or otherwise circumvent the limitation? 

A shared activity would be a good spot to conference. I don't know your itinerary. But perhaps there is a small presentation by each attendant on a subject? Or something of the sort where each person is allowed 5 minutes. Or maybe a shared meditation after hellos.

Or, you might live stream some sessions. That way others could watch during certain times with a password or something (I'm not a digital genius). Then maybe the video conference would be at the end when thanks and gratitude are being expressed. 
Didn't you guys stream the presentations one year or have some people from a European based homecoming on video?
(07-12-2017, 11:00 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Diana, that's a wonderful idea about connecting the circle with others. The schedule for this Homecoming is however already packed. But just to explore . . . if such a thing were to occur, what would you (or anyone interested in brainstorming) envision we do during a video connection? I mean, after we all say hi, and giggle, then what? Is it just a hello, awesome to see you? Or is there are a shared activity?

I didn't know there was a limit. Any techies out there who know how to bundle the calls or otherwise circumvent the limitation? 

A shared activity would be a good spot to conference. I don't know your itinerary. But perhaps there is a small presentation by each attendant on a subject? Or something of the sort where each person is allowed 5 minutes. Or maybe a shared meditation after hellos.

Or, you might live stream some sessions. That way others could watch during certain times with a password or something (I'm not a digital genius). Then maybe the video conference would be at the end when thanks and gratitude are being expressed. 

Perhaps a count could be taken of those that are interested in participating. We could worry about another solution if the interested amount exceeds twenty-four people. The event could be streamed with an unlisted feed on YouTube for the "overflow", but they could still communicate via chat. Just my thoughts on that ^^
(07-13-2017, 04:24 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't you guys stream the presentations one year or have some people from a European based homecoming on video?

I'm pretty sure they streamed the European Homecoming and let them present remotely. As far as streaming the presentations, I think that's always been an iffy proposition, since Homecoming is sort of a cathartic, private event, the idea of streaming that over the internet has never really been encouraged. Sad Plus there are people who do Homecoming low-key, who would be extremely embarrassed if someone they knew stumbled upon such a thing.

I think the idea of scheduling an hour or two online for some of the Homecoming people to join a Skype call is a great idea though! We could give a tour of Jim's gardens, talk about what has already happened, and just give everyone who's watching a sense of being there, without infringing on the privacy of others.
Quick reply to a couple of Jade's points:

(07-14-2017, 09:39 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure they streamed the European Homecoming and let them present remotely.

That would have been cool! Rather we streamed in Pupak, a dear friend of Jim and Carla's and ours. She is a foreign-born individual who lived in Louisville in the 90s, here on some sort of visa while in university. Due to the stupidity of imaginary lines on a map separating peoples, and all the bureaucracy that goes with that, she didn't fulfill the terms of her visa and was kicked out and prohibited re-entry into the country. She's been striving to return ever since to visit Jim and Carla, and attend a Homecoming, but has faced obstacle after obstacle. So as she couldn't make Homecoming we piped her in to offer her presentation a few years back.

(07-14-2017, 09:39 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]As far as streaming the presentations, I think that's always been an iffy proposition, since Homecoming is sort of a cathartic, private event, the idea of streaming that over the internet has never really been encouraged. Sad Plus there are people who do Homecoming low-key, who would be extremely embarrassed if someone they knew stumbled upon such a thing.

100%. If we ever did any sort of live-streaming, or online hangout, it would be an optional thing only for those in the circle who were interested.
Hopefully I'll be able to make it a Homecoming in the future. I had my eye on 2017 but that's not going to work out, and that's fine. But I just want to say that I feel like this spiritual community, the type of mind and heart that reads the LOO and resonates with the confederation philosophy and also the L/L Research group, that these are "my people." I have a sense of home, resonance. I very much look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Despite some of us not making it the physical homecoming, we are there in heart and spirit. L/L Research is a lighthouse that is seen far into the heavens and across time and space Smile
(07-16-2017, 08:47 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]Despite some of us not making it the physical homecoming, we are there in heart and spirit. L/L Research is a lighthouse that is seen far into the heavens and across time and space Smile

This is true, and in fact more profound than non-attendees imagine.  I often am struck by this at homecoming; this tower of light, that transcends time and space, is palpable to me.  It is a beacon of love and joy that commands the attention of many beings in the universe.
Will they live stream it on Facebook? Or take videos for YouTube?
(06-19-2017, 01:36 AM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]Let me cast some stones, lay out some cards, sacrifice some unwitting flies that flew into my room, and most of all check my finances.

I'm down. Let's enjoy ourselves. I plan on being very close to broke at the time though, so any assistance with housing is greatly appreciated...

-----
Hi Gentle Reckoning,

If you still need any sharing with housing assistance, please let me know via private message..

Thank you.
I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active at T-5 days.
Well, Lana's already in Kentucky, I think that she's usually one of the biggest geek-ers!

It's actually pretty surreal, my flight leaves in basically 48 hours. What! Pinch me.

Where's the role call? Plenum made his own thread, we got Eddie, Roses, Jeremy + his wife, Lana who is already there, and auntiemable and Dandelionlight - with me that's still less than a third of the attendees. Are there any more out there with a Bring4th account?

Oh, I know one - Steve our webmaster will also be there! That's 10 heads to count from the forums.
Current forecast is for rain all weekend (remnant of Hurricane Harvey). Bring along an umbrella.
We're leaving tomorrow evening to arrive Thursday at Gary and Trisha's. I think Tasha and I are both a little behind on our work, so that makes it more stressful than it needs to be. I may have to do some work on Thursday and Friday, but I should be fully present for the actual events of the weekend. Looking forward to it!
Jade, if you're not too tired from the flight tomorrow I'm commandeering you for help with some grocery shopping. (Not the epic trips of years past thanks to Trish doing tons of cooking in advance.)

Jeremy, work, what? I guess we will allow that . . . (between the hours of 5 - 7 am)

Eddie, remember the year it rained all weekend and Eccles did his presentation at the edge of the tent, soldiering through being rained all down his back?

Issaboutohappen! Can't wait to see your faces.
Gary, remember in 2010 when I had to miss homecoming completely because of work? Seven years later, I've advanced a few steps forward in security, I guess… Smile
(08-29-2017, 05:25 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: [ -> ]Jade, if you're not too tired from the flight tomorrow I'm commandeering you for help with some grocery shopping. (Not the epic trips of years past thanks to Trish doing tons of cooking in advance.)

Puts hand up. Me! Me! Me too!

I need to stock up on some American candy to rot the teeth back home.

Point me out some of the more outrageous concoctions  Blush
(08-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2017, 05:25 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote: [ -> ]Jade, if you're not too tired from the flight tomorrow I'm commandeering you for help with some grocery shopping. (Not the epic trips of years past thanks to Trish doing tons of cooking in advance.)

Puts hand up. Me! Me! Me too!

There's NOTHING BETTER than going grocery shopping in a foreign land. Smile
(08-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Point me out some of the more outrageous concoctions  Blush

I can bring you some if this, if you wish, which is made only in my small town.  Use with caution....
[Image: ale8one_612.jpg]

It's hard on teeth (and blood-sugar).
Hey Eddie!

I'll take you up on that! Even if I only have a sip  Tongue

I'll have some aussie biscuits to trade.

Garry
JW, I am so glad your priorities have been corrected since 2010. Wink 

Garry, you know as well as I do that thanks to the excesses of America there is sugar in the air. In fact, I think the sugar industry got a hold of Tesla's work to discover how to distribute their product via wireless transmission.
* * * Updated weather forecast for attendees * * *

Anchorage, KY:

Friday:  High 63F, Low 57F, Tropical Rainstorm, windy

Saturday:  71, 56,  some rain in the morning

Sunday:  80, 60, partly cloudy, pleasant.

Warm long-sleeve clothing for Friday is advised.
E.T.A. for me will be some time between 3:30 and 4:00 this afternoon.  I hope y'all haven't washed away in all this rain. Shy
Enjoy guys! Wish I was there but it wasn't in the cards this year.
We're just about to kick it off! It's gonna be a wet one, but Trisha has made some great smelling food and spirits are high. I'll try to keep y'all posted on how things go.
It was great. I did not keep y'all posted. I barely kept myself posted. But as usual, great conversations and presentations, and a particularly timely Q'uo session dealing with how positive folks can best work for the positive without getting tied up in oppositional energies with the STS side.
It's always hard, those next days after Homecoming...knowing that it will be a year before we see our dear ones again... Sad
I'd say my favorite presentation was BJ and Aaron's on Byron Katie's The Work, demonstrating it as well as comparing it to the Law of One.  I'm definitely looking into the 4 Questions and Turnaround method, which seems to be a practical way to engage in the balancing exercises.  I don't know about you, but the balancing that those of Ra describe is pretty abstract and intractable.  Katie's method seems to make them more tangible and approachable to a third density entity.  Here's a link to a worksheet that was included in the materials.
Pages: 1 2