Bring4th

Full Version: OoT and LOO session 75 line 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
75.69 is has similar characteristics as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

This game is spiritually significant for our time. It speaks of the Triforce. The Triforce is composed of Power, Love, and Wisdom -> Ganondorf, Link, and Navi. (Navi: who is like Zelda in that this fairy is a bringer of wisdom. Remember how Navi keeps trying to get Link's attention? In the same way, our spirit is trying to get our attention.)

Ganondorf represents all of Power incarnate. Meaning, we have power. We all have pure power, same as Source (the Creator).

Link represents all of Love incarnate. Meaning, we have love. We all can choose to love ourselves and others.

Navi represents all of Wisdom incarnate. Meaning, we have wisdom. We all both speak to and listen to our spiritual self.

Legend has it when these three pieces of the Triforce come together in the game, the wielder gets their wish. We even see that when Ganondorf gets the Triforce, he takes over Hyrule. Taking the game as a spiritual mirror: when we see that in ourselves we bring together power, love, and wisdom, we get our wish. This is the development of the magical personality.

Funny how Link gets the mirror shield in OoT. The game tries very hard to get us to see the game as a mirror for our spiritual selves.

This is my interpretation of session 75 line 39 and how it links to Link and his journey.

Take this equated symbolism to OoT further if you wish.

An aside on how OoT has others symbols that can relate to LOO related teachings:
There is the 6 sages which have colors of the first six chakras. The six sages that have those 6 medallion's and Zelda channels their power. The 6 sages represent the first 6 chakras and Zelda is the seventh. Remember how Zelda channeled the sages power to help Link defeat Ganon? Yeah, the 7th chakra is a cumulation of the first 6 in the same way Zelda channels the power of the six. Also, Link automatically gets medallion number one from that Light sage in the same way we all get chakra one by default from the Creator.
In the really, most of fiction stories have esoteric elements. This occurs to many reasons like:

- Absortion of unconscious colective for part of the author;
- Unconscious remembrance from extraphysical experiences;
- Messages sends from interdimensional beings to prepare humanity to new concepts;
- Ancient stories transformed in myths;
- Conscious disinformation of the truth through fiction.

Peace, love and light.
Ocarina of Time was quite a journey...

I kind of just wanted to say.

Navi isn't tge wisdom aspect as much as the Spiritual Guide.  Still her infamous 'Hey! Listen!' line can match up with how spiritual guides might always be trying to help us but we just can't tell until we Listen.

Zelda is the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom.  Yet she is inexplicably not afflicted with any evil.  Wisdom appears to be 'pure' alongide Courage/Love.

Then we have Ganondorf, with the evil desires, he was divinely gifted with the Triforce of Power, as if to say his evil was a necessary test and trial to be taken before the completion of the Triforce.

On top of this his power is ridiculously OP, his magic is dangerous, and he's maniacally bent on ruling Hyrule without ever offering a reason why.

You have the 6 temples then Ganon's tower.
The most interesting temples are those of Time, Shadow, and Water.
The Temple of Time is literally a heavenly place mixed with the greatest dangers.  Its a play on requiring responsibility with great power.
The Temple of Shadow is a giant play on the Shadow World that tricks us all and REQUIRES faith and determination (and courage) to survive through.

But then we have the infamous Water Temple.  The Water Temple is the Green Ray equivalent.  It takes much practice and time spent getting to know that temple to get through it much in the same way with the heart.
Near its end as you walk through a misty room of still water surrounding a dark tree, your reflection takes form and your shadow self reveales itself.  Its stronger, faster, smarter, but only has a sword and shield.  Its a shell of yourself, limited but because it is stronger than you.

This temple also marks Link being offered a wife by the sage herself.  Love abounds this temple.

Link is the holder of the Triforce of Courage.  This can be synonymous to Love as Love takes Great Courage.  Link is also symbolic metaphysically of reality shifts, time line cohesions, and the abiity to manifest ones reality the most cearly through Love more so than any other energy.

Link is also The Fool archetype, his spiritual journey he takes blindly every time.

Courage is arguably stronger than Power, because it is more resilient.  Power controls, Courage accepts.  Because Love requires Courage, Linkis the Key to the entire divine plan.  He's the most important player which is why he has LITERALLY realms worth of aid from fairies to sages to communities of fire, water, wind, earth...Light, Dark.  He uses vibration to alter reality (the Ocarina), he uses tools to get through his trials (life lessons), and he makes a wide array of relationships with both good and evil characters refecting his unity position.

Link is literally a play on Unity in name and character.  He is us, and we all have his power.

Zelda herself however appears to ironically be the most powerful, she has the divine realms of power at her use magically, but appears to lack the Courage to properly use them.  She can imbue Link with the one piece of equipment that can stop Ganondorf, but throughout the games has switched off being the user of the Light Arrows.
In Twilight Princess you had to align her aim for her.
In Wind Waker she was self sufficient until Ganon knocked her out.
In Ocarina of Time she doesn't even use it herself.

She can shapeshift like Ganondorf but chooses more sophisticated forms where Ganon is more feral and animalistic in his forms.  Both have powerful magic that can stop each other, but Ganondorf always has the upper hand in confidence and brutality whereas Zelda is shy and gentle.

Then there's Link.  He's an odd mixture of Zelda and Ganondorf.  He's confident but gentle, strong but shy, brutal yet restrained.  Has magic but is a novice, yet has better physical prowess than Ganondorf, but isn't as agile as Zelda, can't shapeshift but has an arsenal of tools for any situation.

When the Triforce comes into manifestation, destiny itself is completed, and the holder of the completed Triforce has immense nigh divine capabilities at their disposal over destiny.  Still, the divine realms mix it up occasionally.

Fun fact:  The Legend of Zelda is a play on Parallel Realities in a Multiverse.  Each game is a slant on the same concepts.  Chances are they all exist contiguously side by side all overlooked by a core source of divinity, the Divine Realms that are shared across the games and provide the Triforce as a sort of Key to each instance of each Universe/Game.

(Really want to play 4 Swords now...)

Thanks for making me consciously aware of this.  Totally going to one day replay OoT and make a big post on all of the real life spiritual reflections in it.
(05-21-2017, 10:23 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]Ocarina of Time was quite a journey...

I kind of just wanted to say.

Navi isn't tge wisdom aspect as much as the Spiritual Guide.  Still her infamous 'Hey! Listen!' line can match up with how spiritual guides might always be trying to help us but we just can't tell until we Listen.

Zelda is the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom.  Yet she is inexplicably not afflicted with any evil.  Wisdom appears to be 'pure' alongide Courage/Love.

Then we have Ganondorf, with the evil desires, he was divinely gifted with the Triforce of Power, as if to say his evil was a necessary test and trial to be taken before the completion of the Triforce.

On top of this his power is ridiculously OP, his magic is dangerous, and he's maniacally bent on ruling Hyrule without ever offering a reason why.

You have the 6 temples then Ganon's tower.
The most interesting temples are those of Time, Shadow, and Water.
The Temple of Time is literally a heavenly place mixed with the greatest dangers.  Its a play on requiring responsibility with great power.
The Temple of Shadow is a giant play on the Shadow World that tricks us all and REQUIRES faith and determination (and courage) to survive through.

But then we have the infamous Water Temple.  The Water Temple is the Green Ray equivalent.  It takes much practice and time spent getting to know that temple to get through it much in the same way with the heart.
Near its end as you walk through a misty room of still water surrounding a dark tree, your reflection takes form and your shadow self reveales itself.  Its stronger, faster, smarter, but only has a sword and shield.  Its a shell of yourself, limited but because it is stronger than you.

This temple also marks Link being offered a wife by the sage herself.  Love abounds this temple.

Link is the holder of the Triforce of Courage.  This can be synonymous to Love as Love takes Great Courage.  Link is also symbolic metaphysically of reality shifts, time line cohesions, and the abiity to manifest ones reality the most cearly through Love more so than any other energy.

Link is also The Fool archetype, his spiritual journey he takes blindly every time.

Courage is arguably stronger than Power, because it is more resilient.  Power controls, Courage accepts.  Because Love requires Courage, Linkis the Key to the entire divine plan.  He's the most important player which is why he has LITERALLY realms worth of aid from fairies to sages to communities of fire, water, wind, earth...Light, Dark.  He uses vibration to alter reality (the Ocarina), he uses tools to get through his trials (life lessons), and he makes a wide array of relationships with both good and evil characters refecting his unity position.

Link is literally a play on Unity in name and character.  He is us, and we all have his power.

Zelda herself however appears to ironically be the most powerful, she has the divine realms of power at her use magically, but appears to lack the Courage to properly use them.  She can imbue Link with the one piece of equipment that can stop Ganondorf, but throughout the games has switched off being the user of the Light Arrows.
In Twilight Princess you had to align her aim for her.
In Wind Waker she was self sufficient until Ganon knocked her out.
In Ocarina of Time she doesn't even use it herself.

She can shapeshift like Ganondorf but chooses more sophisticated forms where Ganon is more feral and animalistic in his forms.  Both have powerful magic that can stop each other, but Ganondorf always has the upper hand in confidence and brutality whereas Zelda is shy and gentle.

Then there's Link.  He's an odd mixture of Zelda and Ganondorf.  He's confident but gentle, strong but shy, brutal yet restrained.  Has magic but is a novice, yet has better physical prowess than Ganondorf, but isn't as agile as Zelda, can't shapeshift but has an arsenal of tools for any situation.

When the Triforce comes into manifestation, destiny itself is completed, and the holder of the completed Triforce has immense nigh divine capabilities at their disposal over destiny.  Still, the divine realms mix it up occasionally.

Fun fact:  The Legend of Zelda is a play on Parallel Realities in a Multiverse.  Each game is a slant on the same concepts.  Chances are they all exist contiguously side by side all overlooked by a core source of divinity, the Divine Realms that are shared across the games and provide the Triforce as a sort of Key to each instance of each Universe/Game.

(Really want to play 4 Swords now...)

Thanks for making me consciously aware of this.  Totally going to one day replay OoT and make a big post on all of the real life spiritual reflections in it.

Wow, you used that symbolism really well. I definitely see a lot more of the symbolism links between the temples and understandings of chakra.

I was debating with myself to equate Navi or Zelda primarily with Wisdom but your mention of Navi as more the spiritual guide makes more sense to me. Therefore, Zelda is the most appropriate symbol of Wisdom. I also just realized (after you mention that Zelda transforms) that Zelda is actually Sheik and is secretly with Link in most of his adult version. Because of Sheik, Zelda definitely plays more of a role than what I had realized at first. Navi, while perhaps containing wisdom herself, is the spiritual guide for Link in the same way that our own spirit in the mind/body/spirit complex is our own guide.

Simplistically:
Zelda = Wisdom

Navi = Spirit

Originally thinking about all these connections for sure makes me want to go and replay it as well.

Thanks for showing me a bit more about all this.
Of course!!!  I love it when the Law of One appears in things I previously experienced.

It's all there hidden in plain sight right before our eyes.
When I read the name of the thread, I automatically said Ocarina of Time in my head upon seeing OoT. I didn't actually expect it to literally be that! I was thinking, "Oh that must be a LOO term I haven't read before...or another channeling source I haven't heard referenced before." I love this game. I immediately Googled a couple of things after reading this because I figured there has to be some explanations of esoteric symbolism in Zelda. Turns out there is a pretty interesting breakdown here: https://www.reddit.com/r/zeldaconspiraci...a_of_time/

Some of which relates directly to what was mentioned here. All of which was pointed out here is really well articulated and very insightful. I appreciate it a lot.

This game has seemingly endless layers of depth. I've always come back to this game in my head now and again, or rather, my heart. As it has left such a deep impression on me since childhood. I once had the amusing thought that "There are two things that will always be in my heart. The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time), and God. And sometimes I'm not so sure about God."

I think that this game gets the archetypes down in such a powerful way that this game equates to a grand myth of proportions almost never seen in our modern day storytelling. If not what I would consider the most powerful myth of our times. It's literally a creation myth and it also directly connects the mind/body/spirit with a hero's journey. It is a transcendent story that travels through time and space. The place with the "gurus" or the holders of the medallions are in what I practically see as a form of time/space, or the astral plane where they are all communicating. Where it may not matter if they are even dead or not. And Link can visit it when he is outside of time.

I think it awakens us on at least a subconscious level to our awareness of ourselves as being beyond just human beings, but spirit souls with an endless existence. Yet within that, we are enacting our hero's journey to be able to remember that true nature. As long as we can unlock the keys to do so, which is seen in multiple ways throughout the game. The first time was with the 3 stones that unlocks the door that opens the way to the sword that transcends time. As someone mentioned above, awakening the magical personality as the triforce is brought together.
This makes me want to rewrite the archetypes as Legend of Zelda Characters...

This is a great thread, thank you so much for posting it xD
(05-21-2017, 01:42 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]This makes me want to rewrite the archetypes as Legend of Zelda Characters...

This is a great thread, thank you so much for posting it xD

You should totally do that haha, I would love to read that. I think a number of other people would enjoy it quite a bit too.
(05-21-2017, 01:21 PM)sriyantra Wrote: [ -> ]When I read the name of the thread, I automatically said Ocarina of Time in my head upon seeing OoT. I didn't actually expect it to literally be that! I was thinking, "Oh that must be a LOO term I haven't read before...or another channeling source I haven't heard referenced before." I love this game. I immediately Googled a couple of things after reading this because I figured there has to be some explanations of esoteric symbolism in Zelda. Turns out there is a pretty interesting breakdown here: https://www.reddit.com/r/zeldaconspiraci...a_of_time/

I read the reddit post and I definitely see those things mentioned in the post. There are certainly esoteric symbols within the game that one can equate to aside from Law of One. I would like to note also the close resemblance that the green medallion has to a swastica. The game dev's even altered the same medialion to have 3 lines instead of 4 because of the close resemblance. "In the 3DS remake of the game, the Forest Medallion depicts a three pronged swirl instead of a four pronged one, possibly to avoid resemblance to a swastika. - http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Six_Medallions".

Thank you for pointing out symbolism in OoT pointing toward other viewpoints.
I want to add that I started playing OoT again after thinking about how it relates to LOO. And I went past this statue in the Hyrule Temple gardens you go through to get to Child Zelda:
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/zel...0218000858

And that got me thinking "what if thats a real statue".

So I did some searching and found this:
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/marb...?s=170667a

They have similar characteristics. They both look toward their right. The right arm is near the chest and the left arm is near the stomach. Both characters are robed.

The IRL statue is of Emperor Julian who has been theorized to be associated with Neoplatanism:
1. Link to equating Julian with Neoplatanism:
"According to one theory (that of G.W. Bowersock in particular), Julian's paganism was highly eccentric and atypical because it was heavily influenced by an esoteric approach to Platonic philosophy sometimes identified as theurgy and also Neoplatonism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_(em...ous_issues"
2. Neoplatanism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoplatonism#Teachings

In Neoplatanism, this is a general teaching:
"One of the characteristic features of Plotinus' system, which was also taken up by subsequent Neoplatonists, is the doctrine of "the One" beyond being. For Plotinus, the first principle of reality is an utterly simple, ineffable, unknowable subsistence which is both the creative source and the teleological end of all existing things. Although, properly speaking, there is no name appropriate for the first principle, the most adequate names are "the One" or "the Good". The One is so simple that it cannot even be said to exist or to be a being. Rather, the creative principle of all things is beyond being, a notion which is derived from Book VI of the Republic,[14] when, in the course of his famous analogy of the sun, Plato says that the Good is beyond being (ἐπέκεινα τῆς οὐσίας) in power and dignity.[15] In Plotinus' model of reality, the One is the cause of the rest of reality, which takes the form of two subsequent "hypostases", Nous and Soul. Although Neoplatonists after Plotinus adhered to his cosmological scheme in its most general outline, later developments in the tradition also departed substantively from Plotinus' teachings in regards to significant philosophical issues, such as the nature of evil. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoplatonism#Teachings"

This teaching in particular is very similar to the definition of the Law of One: "Although, properly speaking, there is no name appropriate for the first principle, the most adequate names are "the One" or "the Good". The One is so simple that it cannot even be said to exist or to be a being. Rather, the creative principle of all things is beyond being. . . "

Im a little stunned if that statue is a depiction of Emperor Julian.
I must admit, the image is a bit too small for me to make it out, but I sort of see the resemblance, a little bit.  I wonder who the status is depicting in the game itself, that's the Garden to Hyrule Castle right?  Could it be of the king?
(05-21-2017, 03:40 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be of the king?

Possibly. Though we do not see the king, the king is slightly referenced here: "when Link approaches Honey & Darling in Hyrule Castle Town as a child, Honey tells Darling that he is "so handsome... Just like the King of Hyrule..." - http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/King_of_Hyru...a_of_Time)"
OMG, I FORGOT ABOUT HONEY AND DARLING

Swinging around in each other's arms endlessly in the day.

Inb4 we make a huge conspiracy out of a statue BigSmile