Bring4th

Full Version: ______
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
_____
I've been more in the zone for the last 2 weeks at least.
Yes, I would agree that "professionals" are simply very adept at finding and staying in the zone.

Lao Tzu regarding non-attachment:

"Understanding and being open to all things,
Are you willing to do nothing?"

"Working without taking credit,
This is the Primal Virtue."
(05-25-2017, 05:34 AM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]For metaphysical growth and growth in general, in all authentic paths imo there is a quality of consciousness that must be awakened and cultivated. It's living in the now, being here and now, the eternal now. For exemple in buddhism they talk about mindfullness, in the bible :  "Sleep not"; Awake, for you know not the hour", in taoism and sufism we have also the same idea. Eckhart Tolle who is in touch with the unformed talks about presence. For Gurdjieff, it's about living from the real "I" vs the little and fragmented "i".

Is there a metaphysical prerequisite to have access to the eternal present ? Is the eternal present the same to some extent as being in "the zone" ? When one is total in what they're doing they'll in the zone, whatever they are doing, doing art, gardening, meditating, doing nothing, playing, talking, driving, even making money... It seems that those people who are expert in their field whatever the field are gifted at being in the zone. But does being in the zone mean once is in touch with the more authentic aspect of self ?

Often one is asleep while awake, thinking, acting, having emotions... Asleep because the deeper part of the self is not here, not noticing and being present. Thinking, feelings and acting happen and are saying " i think", "i" do this", but where is the real "I" ? One feature of sleeping while awake is that the elements of thinking, feeling and acting have taken all the awareness of the person, very easy to loose balance then. With somebody who is more awake, thinking, acting and feeling are only extensions of the more real self.

My understanding is that the metaphysical prerequisite for entering into this zone you refer to is a movement away from identification with any form, whether it be subtle or gross, and into the heart of The Witness itself.

When that state of consciousness is well entered into, everything is observed as if from the EYE of the hurricane. Everything can be going to hell in a hand-basket in the immediate vicinity of the I/eye of the creator, but The Witness simply observes, ultimately unaffected by whatever befalls it.

For The Witness, "resting" (potentiation) and "waking" (kinetic willful action) have come to mean the same thing.
(05-25-2017, 05:34 AM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a metaphysical prerequisite to have access to the eternal present ? Is the eternal present the same to some extent as being in "the zone" ? When one is total in what they're doing they'll in the zone, whatever they are doing, doing art, gardening, meditating, doing nothing, playing, talking, driving, even making money... It seems that those people who are expert in their field whatever the field are gifted at being in the zone. But does being in the zone mean once is in touch with the more authentic aspect of self ?

Yes. I can attest to this and I have often recommended hobbies or being in nature for this very reason.

(05-25-2017, 05:34 AM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Often one is asleep while awake, thinking, acting, having emotions... Asleep because the deeper part of the self is not here, not noticing and being present. Thinking, feelings and acting happen and are saying " i think", "i" do this", but where is the real "I" ? One feature of sleeping while awake is that the elements of thinking, feeling and acting have taken all the awareness of the person, very easy to loose balance then. With somebody who is more awake, thinking, acting and feeling are only extensions of the more real self.

There is nothing wrong with thinking (as long as it's balanced with being present and not thinking). The problem is when you are not thinking your own thoughts. Exactly the reason I recommend staying away from the anesthetizing media. Becoming, and realizing the potential of, one's authentic self is a major, if not the only task, of life.
Totally Awake, there is nothing to differentiate. Nothing to hold resistance. There is only the heart of goodness or the heart of creator in all.

In sleep, or judgement, we simply forget what we are at the deepest level.

Awakening is a gradual realization of who you are and how that it is intimately connected with all. In fact there is nothing but that.

Say for example there is an angel that is in heaven, sleeping and thus forgetting the true nature of all its surroundings and loving brothers and sisters living breathing the light of the one. This angel is dreaming that is it alone, perhaps some kind of hell or duality. The truth is always the angel is embraced on every level. It is at some event in its dream of walking alone that it remembers it's nature was never judged, was never seen as anything other than a newly created dream, awakening gradually and consistently.

You could use this analogy as a key to understanding the dynamic between 6d unity viewing it's 5d 4d and 3d etc dreaming brothers and sisters. Perhaps there is no end to the dream, always new levels of awakening to a greater connection with God in all.

In essence all that is needed is to seek the connection that is yourself sharing with all... what does that feel like? How can that knowing be embodied?

Once the idea or bad or wrong comes up at all, it deepens the dream. It may appear to be this way, but what is the truth? Is there evil? Or is it just a deeper forgetting on the part of the one of the goodness and wholeness of self that was always eternally, beautifully manifested on the deepest level, and living intimately through you. This is choiceless. The choice is seeing it.

Then comes the gradual returning of all the forgotten fragments of the whole self that were lain aside or judged. This process isn't as simple as entering the now, as the fragments must gradually be released to perceive the wholeness. It takes remembering..