Bring4th

Full Version: Adifferent view on the Trump phenomena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a lot of people are very concerned with the way things develop in the US and many see things going even worse with trump.
Many fear that racism, homophobia will get szronger and all achievement in regards to equal rights will get lost!

I think this is a misunderstanding!
You concentrate on what seems to be obvious!

I think they are preparing for the "big thing", all or nothing!

yes, there is less homophobia in germany, yes, "inclusion" is even fixed in law over here.
Every company that exceeds a certain members of employess must offer work for challenged people.
BUT, this is only kindergarden compared to the US!

The US is the only country that practices total inclusion!
Its the only "democratic" country, where a mentally challenged person is allowed to become president Smile
As low as my expectations were, he's managed to achieve a level of incompetence and embarrassment well beyond those expectations. Even at the time, I couldn't comprehend how a reasonably intelligent person could talk themselves into thinking that making him President was a good idea, but... wow. This is some "next level" stuff in all the worst ways.

At this point, my main consolation is that between his blatantly open corruption and how completely broken the Republican Party is, they may end up simply not managing to DO anything of substance that can't be undone in another couple years. Or undo anything that can't be redone, as the case may be. One thing to be said about the power-hungry is that they have a tendency to self-sabotage, especially when brought together in large numbers.
I see a set of positive things happening here:

1. That people may realize the two-party political system is a total scam. For instance, we have been led to believe we must vote for "the lesser of two evils." 

2. By so blatantly highlighting prejudice, people may recognize it in themselves or recognize that it exists and make choices based on that information.

3. People may begin to really question how anesthetized they are having been sucked into yet another US political drama—this one bigger than ever because the media is bigger than ever.

4. The media may be exposed, in a very real way, for the brainwashing machine it is. Though it might not be their purpose, as that is likely greed (newstainment), yet the result is the same.

5. Consequently, people may seek outside the societal box for understanding and direction. In other words, form their own opinions outside of media opinion (spin, entertainment).
I agree with Diana. I personally think this is going a long way towards discrediting the system in its entirety, forcing people to stop yielding to authority and solve their own problems. In practice that probably looks like a breakdown of civilization to us, although to the billions and billions whom are not being served by our present state of affairs, it might not seem like that at all. We're often at our best in a crisis, anyway, where we focus on what's really important and let a lot of what is stable and therefore cumbersome and restricting pass away.
The combination of these two links pretty much describes what's going on in Washington now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZG5o73...e=youtu.be

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/3378...e-staffers

I wouldn't expect this to end comfortably..