Bring4th

Full Version: I don´t play games anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So for the greater part of my life, I have viewed my self as a gamer. A few months back I have had to reevaluate that notion. at first I was reluctant to accept that I was not emotionally supported by the whole in my gaming actives, I projected on the players and on the games.

Finally I came to accept that I should focus on other things as games felt so dis-empowering and uncomfortable. I love the idea of gaming to the degree that I started to look at life as a first person RPG as a way to cope with not feeling like playing computer games. In a way it is, as any sense of separation is in my experience; art-ificial. The grafiks are pretty sweet even if the game dynamics can be a bit tedious at times.

I find it fascinating how there can be a gap between what we think we want to do and what we feel like doing. Feelings has nothing to do with choice, but choice has everything to do with feeling. Might as well work with that dynamic of the self organizing universe as ignoring it is soooooo dis-empowering.
Video games can be addictive and distracting for sure. I myself was playing World of Warcraft for hours every day back when I was around 20 years old. I had a lot of fun, I met much catalyst in working with a group, communication, coordination, etc. I believe that part of my life had its place, but it has since fallen away. I'm not attracted to playing video games anymore. I've tried playing but it doesn't resonate. There isn't the desire and I just can't get into it anymore.

I believe Ra said that television has the potential for learning and communicating concepts, catalyst, but for the most part with our peoples television and the like are used for distraction, anonymity, and sleep.
(06-30-2017, 04:07 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]"self organisering"

lol, what?
(06-30-2017, 04:07 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]....I projected on the players and on the games.

I use this as another means of learning.

I don't usually get upset at losing a multiplayer game (though MP is a rarity for me these days as I prefer relaxing to single player historical or simulation games). But on the rare occasion that I do, I can tell I'm projecting, and then have a nice reminder to go sit in meditation and find the true origin of the discontent. 
video games, multiplayer ones i suppose are the result of wanting to make a connection. all of it perhaps needs to be turned inward to allow oneself to make a connection with oneself.

though somewhere along the line at healing oneself, integrating more parts of the unloved soul, one wants to also slip suggestions jesus style to those otherselves around one self.

it is no longer about self serving, but the attempt though foolishly to serve others. in various ways without going straight to, you are also an infinite spark of the one infinite.
Personally, I see video games as being like a 'scale model' of the incarnative process. Particularly complex games that give the player a lot of choices in how they behave, like sandbox games or Bethesda-style RPGs. Each one, its own little life in isolation, which the player can participate in and then use to self-examine the choices they are making. Positive scenarios, negative scenarios... used properly, they can be an effective mirror to one's own thought processes, and aid in advancement while remaining relatively karma-neutral.

Fundamentally, just about anything in life can be a tool for learning and growth, if someone approaches them with that as their goal.
(07-01-2017, 10:42 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 04:07 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]"self organisering"

lol, what?

lol, geting that line wrong was funny on so many levels Tongue

"self organizing" was the term I was looking for Smile