Bring4th

Full Version: Vague sense of unease (vs a specific, identifiable blockage or avoidance)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In which constant anxiety is present, despite consciously opening oneself up to it. I suspect this vague anxiety is a sure sign that I am avoiding something in myself.

(There is actually a literal haze over my city right now, a smog. And a heat wave coming, 111 degrees on Friday. This is reassuring, as it means my personal anxiety is reflective of more widespread transformations.)

How do you personally approach such vagueness? (There is actually a literal haze over my city right now, a smog. And a heat wave coming. This is reassuring, as it means my personal anxiety is reflective of more widespread transformations.)

Things are moving fast. Catalyst is intensifying because we are stronger. <-- (reassuring myself)
That's like me sometimes. I'm not comfortable in my own skin.
Quote:How do you personally approach such vagueness?

In the same way as all unexplained emotions: Sit, focus on the feeling with kindness and curiosity (letting go of any negative emotions toward it), and send it love for a few minutes. Then ask it: what is this about? And see what comes up.
I breathe out, try to relax my entire being with every breath, breathing in Light and breathing out tension in all forms by holding the intention of 'totally slack' or 'dead weight'. The weight causes any energetic tension to be discharged out the feet in to the Earth field.
It helps me to remind myself that there's (probably) no such thing as imperfection...that however I'm feeling, whatever happens, and absolutely everything, could be utterly perfect...and meant to be for whatever reason.
I reiterate what Stranger said, only adding that in some ways these vague feelings are easier to work with because you have nothing to let go of in order to apprehend a purer distillation of the emotion involved. The reflection, distillation, balancing, and acceptance cycle is basically uniform across all catalyst, in my opinion. The buddhist author I'm currently reading talks about a relaxing with these feelings and impressions, very similar to Aion's suggestion (what he's describing sounds a lot like tonglen). By relaxing, we slow down, become inquisitive instead of (or in addition to being) irritated, and open up space for a greater experience than the rigid, closing-off one we feel in the moment.
This is how I deal with such states of mind: Stop thinking so much. Take some action. Get some exercise. Do something productive—even cleaning your house or space (which has the added effect of uncluttering your world hence thoughts and perceptions).

It's balance that's usually needed. And moving your energy from focusing on the vague anxiety. Thinking and analyzing usually only deepens this sort of thing when you're trying to figure out feelings. You must feel them but not obsess on them. Balancing with other activities helps loosen the locked perspective and movement helps dissipate some of the charge accumulated around it. Think of it as looking slightly askew at something hard to see, and being able to see it better that way.

Our minds like to run the whole show.  
(07-05-2017, 07:21 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]In which constant anxiety is present, despite consciously opening oneself up to it. I suspect this vague anxiety is a sure sign that I am avoiding something in myself.

(There is actually a literal haze over my city right now, a smog. And a heat wave coming, 111 degrees on Friday. This is reassuring, as it means my personal anxiety is reflective of more widespread transformations.)

How do you personally approach such vagueness? (There is actually a literal haze over my city right now, a smog. And a heat wave coming. This is reassuring, as it means my personal anxiety is reflective of more widespread transformations.)

Things are moving fast. Catalyst is intensifying because we are stronger. <-- (reassuring myself)

I don't know if this comforting or frightening, but I can tell you something with great surety: if you do not know the source of the discomfort, don't worry, it will get bigger and more apparent. This will make the source more obvious, but if it is still not understood, the vibration will magnify even more. All vibrational activations keep evolving -- both the good and bad as long as those strings are being vibrated by your attention to them.

If the catalyst isn't used by the mind, it will filter down into the body (this is simply the vibration getting bigger and more defined).

Oftentimes, this is the true source of illness. It is simply inefficiently used catalyst. Mild unease is usually a minor incongruency between an inspired desire within you, and slight mis-precision with which you are viewing or conceptualizing the universe in relation to it. In other-words, there is something in the field of your attention that is not in perfectly harmonious alignment with your innate spiritual desires.

I can also echo Diana's sentiment to get out of the mind and reside in Being or spirit for awhile. You eventually have to deal with the mind, but residing in the "IS-ness" for a while can serve as a powerful platform or base to which then approach the mental vibrations from a more unified and stable vector of approach.
(07-06-2017, 01:33 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this comforting or frightening, but I can tell you something with great surety: if you do not know the source of the discomfort, don't worry, it will get bigger and more apparent. This will make the source more obvious, but if it is still not understood, the vibration will magnify even more.

Ah! Yes, this is comforting. I had an inkling it works this way. That takes the pressure off.
(07-06-2017, 02:42 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2017, 01:33 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this comforting or frightening, but I can tell you something with great surety: if you do not know the source of the discomfort, don't worry, it will get bigger and more apparent. This will make the source more obvious, but if it is still not understood, the vibration will magnify even more.

Ah! Yes, this is comforting. I had an inkling it works this way. That takes the pressure off.

Failing that, it may cheat on you, take all your possessions (including cats), demand various legal things and make you feel unattractive and sexually unwanted.