Bring4th

Full Version: Do you associate spiritual significance with the coming solar eclipse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Or other relatively rare astronomical phenomena - lunar eclipse or full moon for example. I feel like there's GOT to be some parallel between such a significant physical event and the spiritual world. Even though I believe there's tremendous correlation between the stars' movements and our lives, I kind of feel crazy suggesting that the solar eclipse means something special, metaphysically. Maybe it's the materialist Christian upbringing in me.
Eh... Personally I tend to see them as illustrative of how chaos and improbabilities can create cool outcomes. But either way, funfact: We on Earth get to experience eclipses which are vastly more awesome than most of the rest of the universe ever sees. In terms of planetary and system formation, it's incredibly unlikely for a situation to arise - like we have - where the moon and the sun are perceived as being the exact same size from a planet's surface. Even time itself is a factor here - the Moon is very slowly being pushed outwards by centrifugal forces, by something like an inch and a half per year. So in some tens of thousands of years, the moon will no longer be close enough to Earth to fully eclipse the sun like it currently can.

If we do end up making contact with extraterrestrial civilizations, Earth might even become a magnet for tourists specifically because of our spectacular solar and lunar eclipses. They're by far our most unique planetary feature, as far as we know.
That's very interesting, APW. I never thought of it like that!
(07-09-2017, 01:46 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Eh...  Personally I tend to see them as illustrative of how chaos and improbabilities can create cool outcomes.  But either way, funfact:  We on Earth get to experience eclipses which are vastly more awesome than most of the rest of the universe ever sees.  In terms of planetary and system formation, it's incredibly unlikely for a situation to arise - like we have - where the moon and the sun are perceived as being the exact same size from a planet's surface.  Even time itself is a factor here - the Moon is very slowly being pushed outwards by centrifugal forces, by something like an inch and a half per year.  So in some tens of thousands of years, the moon will no longer be close enough to Earth to fully eclipse the sun like it currently can.

If we do end up making contact with extraterrestrial civilizations, Earth might even become a magnet for tourists specifically because of our spectacular solar and lunar eclipses.  They're by far our most unique planetary feature, as far as we know.

This is an interesting thought but the "exactitude" of our satellite (during third density incarnation) always tipped me to believe that it was artificial. So I don't know if having a moon at a distance from the planet that perfectly eclipses our sun is actually  *that* unique.

For the OP, I try to ascribe a spiritual significance to everything. Reality is full of symbolism just like dreams. Looking at it like a dream can give insights. How would you feel if you saw an eclipse in a dream?
(07-09-2017, 01:46 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]If we do end up making contact with extraterrestrial civilizations, Earth might even become a magnet for tourists specifically because of our spectacular solar and lunar eclipses.  They're by far our most unique planetary feature, as far as we know.

IF we do make contact?? I thought that is part of the nature of fourth density positive, to be in communication with the galaxy as a whole?

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

(07-09-2017, 09:32 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]For the OP, I try to ascribe a spiritual significance to everything. Reality is full of symbolism just like dreams. Looking at it like a dream can give insights. How would you feel if you saw an eclipse in a dream?

If I saw a solar eclipse in a dream, I'd probably take more seriously the rest of the dream. I'd perceive the dream as holding more meaning than I would have otherwise. So perhaps that day (August 21), even the time, is actually truly a more significant period than other ones? Although significance is different from meaning - it might be very significant, in terms of energy/vibrations, but have no clear, singular meaning.