Bring4th

Full Version: What is not a story?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is not a story?

Stories can be awesome and enchanting, but a story is incomplete in it´s nature, regardless of sense of resolution. it comes, goes and evolves a little every time it resurrects from the manure of it´s ancestors in the space between stories. If not on the form layer, on an emotional level.

if our sense of identity resides primarily in story(s), being here becomes allot of work and we never truly have a sense of relaxation or deep meditation. It can be scary to be in a state of letting go of the story of who, where and what we are (once it serves no practical purpose, which is more often than not), but it is liberating even more so when we have integrated a blind trust in the story/memory complex as fleeting universal feedback tools rather than a way to hoard a sense of personal identity.

The story loops in the background of our mind, more out of habitual numbed fear than love during the many daily phases where the story aspect carry no other function than as distraction from a timeless present. And that´s fine until we get emotionally fed up with distracting our self by Living with habitual 24/7 background noise, and forget the refreshing moments of being in the zone with that familiar deep spontaneous and creative effortlessness.

I do a basic but very effective meditation every now and then, when I get stuck with to many cluttering background loops that tend to gather like dirty dishes in a sink.
I simply ask my self, while paying attention to the totality of what is going on; What is not a story?
Let awareness through that filter, take care of the dishes, while relaxing curiously with the process of the cleansing question. like an experienced bike rider, putting back training wheels on a bike. it is a little clunky to use all the time, but it has it´s moments when I just feel like reminding my self to deeply embody being, between the moments of doing, as my instrument has not yet fully integrated this in the daily dreams of individual self interaction.

Sometimes this leads to physical stillness, sometimes it leads to physical action. in essence it´s all the same; Emotionally self organizing resistance and friction game.
In the Q'uo channelings, this concept of a story is described, sometimes, as a tape that repeats itself in the mind. I have certainly experienced this. I've been working on my own distortions and "stories". What I find helpful is... First, mindfulness, becoming aware of when a "tape" starts to play. The more I pay attention to the process the more I uncover information about it. Certain thoughts act as the "play" function. Attachment to the thought, following it, will start the tape. But why is the tape playing in the first place? This, I believe, is in indication of unhealed pain. For example, sometimes a tape plays when I am not accepting of another's behavior, such as selfishness and carelessness with a certain family member. He is unwilling to change and to listen, this frustrates me. I am moved from my center.

Meditation is the Golden key. To take a moment to find and rest in the silence, things just don't seem to be that a deal. There is more acceptance and understanding in heart/mind of things which I cannot change, or "fix". (Which reminds me, we are not here to fix things, but to love it.)

Now, you mentioned the fashioning of identities based on the stories we may tell ourselves. I think this is a little different than what I just described. One example I've been noticing in the world today, is how some people have built up a narrative about themselves and what they believe, their sense of self worth is tied up with what they believe. "This belief makes me a good person, that belief makes you a bad person." Following a certain ideology, one believes they are a good moral righteous person thereby. Even When their "doing" is not at all ethical or moral, but because "I believe the right things, the end justifies the means."

I believe that mindset takes a lot more work in knowing the self to clear up. It's orange and yellow ray blockage. And again, meditation would greatly help to clear the mind and to see things more clearly. Honesty is of central importance in the knowing of the self.