Bring4th

Full Version: What does service to self or others mean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:What does service to self or others mean?

The Law of One teachings describe two distinct paths, which can be summarized as follows:
  • Service to self (STS) path sees the self as separate from others; body and mind worship for material evolution, based on control, repression, hierarchy, power and competition.
  • Service to others (STO) is the path of accepting and serving other selves; heart and spirit worship for spiritual evolution, based on freedom, networking, cooperation and synergy.
Both paths are expressions of our dualistic physical universe. Some call the STS orientation the negative path, and the STO the positive path. But Guy Needler pointed out that there is a third one called Service to God/Source, which comes first (see below).
[Image: STSSTOSTG.jpg?resize=349%2C178]
Needler said Service to God/Source creates a triangulation effect, which is iterative and moves around the three points. He said it needs to be Service to God to understand it:
  • Service to self and service to others is ALL service to God, our Source, because we are part of God. We are individuated units of our Source, so we are God.
  • To serve that which we are, we need to serve ourselves.
  • The way we can service ourselves is by serving others, by being of service. In doing that, we serve ourselves and we serve our God.
He explained that in being selfish in serving our God, we also serve ourselves. In being selfish in serving others, we serve ourselves and we serve our God. We can see the iterations.
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, because it is being done unto you! That is the Golden Rule. And now you understand it completely.” – Neale Donald Walsch
How do we do that in real life?
We can get some guidance from the I Ching (Book of Changes), although some have said it’s too vague, like a daily horoscope reading. That’s why my go-to guide is Richard Rudd’s book “Gene Keys.” His genius was to interpret each gate as a spectrum of consciousness arranged into three frequency bands: Shadow, Gift and Divine Gift (siddhi) levels.
“Embrace the Shadow, Release the Gift, Embody the Siddhi.” – Richard Rudd
There are 64 different gates or gene keys. Each gate represents a ladder of frequencies found in individuals and collective humanity. The theme of Service involves many gates, including those described in the Table below (click to enlarge). According to Rudd (“Gene Keys”):
  • Most people operate from their shadow level, which includes ego-based behaviors that arise from low frequency fear (underexpression) or anger (overexpression) states.
  • But the shadow is just a stage in our evolution, something to be transcended, so that we can express the next level, the gift, genius or talents we are here to bring to the world.
  • The divine gift level is not commonly seen, because it’s not really designed for the current version of humans. It’s found in higher frequency masters and in our future selves.
[Image: NewTableService-copy.jpg?resize=629%2C439]
Gate 27 (“Nourishment”) is a great example that goes from the lower frequency self-sacrifice and selfishness to altruism and selflessness. Rudd explained the levels in this way:
  • The fearful person gives away their power to others, often to the wrong people, who take advantage of them. They sacrifice themselves or do things out of obligation until they become resentful and depleted of their resources, energies or health. Then they crash.
  • The other shadow expression is giving to others, but expecting to get something back and getting angry if that doesn’t happen. Selfishness is a frequency we can move through.
  • At the gift level, the person gives from the heart without expectation. To give is to receive. This allows energy to circulate, to be given and received by many, not blocked by anybody.
  • The divine gift level represents the dormant parts of our genome that are waiting to be expressed at full capacity. For Gate 27, that means the path of service (bhakti yoga) or path of compassion or the doctrine of harmlessness, as taught to us by many masters.
Rudd said that humanity as a whole has already ascended far beyond individual and tribal selfishness for survival. But we still have some work to do. Selfish acts cut us off from the collective, our purpose and from love. He said in the next 100 years, Selflessness will become widespread across our planet, and Love will be our new superfood! What a concept!
Final Thoughts
We can be of service in many ways. But we need to do it from a sincere desire to help. We don’t really serve anybody when we do something out of obligation or our need to be needed. We are bringing the wrong frequency to the situation that will limit others as well.
Rudd said the question we need ask ourselves is: What is my highest service? What is the deepest service I can offer to the whole? Then find creative ways to do that.
As Neale Walsch has told us: “Your life has nothing to do with you. It is about everyone whose life you touch, and the way in which you touch it. Love is all there is.”
If you’ve been reading the posts about our life review after death, you’ll know that we’ll be reviewing not just this life, but all our parallel lives in every event space from every angle as a team effort with our guides and helpers on the Other Side. We’re ALL in this together!

http://bigpicturequestions.com/what-does...hers-mean/
Agreed. Service to God or the Divine solves all paradox.
Remember that 100% Service to Self is a prerequisite for Service to Others.

How can you be a full light unto others if you have not passed all the way through your shadow and maintained self love?

How can you love others fully without fully loving yourself?

It takes a ridiculous amount of self love to pass through the entirety of your shadow, and that shadow is just the perfect pointer for the refinement of self-love.

I don't believe people should even toy with the concept of Service to others as an idea in their mind if they don't fully understand Service to Self.

The concept of serving others should come after serving the self is consistently maintained. You always come first! And your light will always shine for others!
I really only interact with my shadow self in my dreams. Last night it was a battle and I was a coward.
It was also a little freaky at times. That's like 4th time I recall my shadow self frightening me.
I think I can still polarize STO even if I haven't completely come to terms with my shadow.
But in higher densities it becomes harder to face the shadow from what I've read.
(07-22-2017, 01:17 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that 100% Service to Self is a prerequisite for Service to Others.

How can you be a full light unto others if you have not passed all the way through your shadow and maintained self love?

It takes a ridiculous amount of self love to pass through the entirety of your shadow, and that shadow is just the perfect pointer for the refinement of self-love.

I don't believe people should even toy with the concept of Service to others as an idea in their mind if they don't fully understand Service to Self.

The concept of serving others should come after serving the self is consistently maintained. You always come first! And your light will always shine for others!

Agreed. In every way that you don't show love to yourself, you take it out on others.
Quote:Remember that 100% Service to Self is a prerequisite for Service to Others.

People are confusing the phrases "service to others" and "service to self" as defined by Ra, because people are using the phrases literally instead of studying how Ra describes them. 100% service to others is not actually literally 100% serving other beings but not yourself 24/7.

A better way to approach service to others is to understand the description of Ra and realize that service to others and service to self are configurations of love, and that service to others is unconditional love - all energy centers active and balanced (orange ray center governs self-love) - loving everything in the universe, including yourself. Service to self is self-only love - a conditional form of love involving a configuration with a nearly completely closed green and closed blue. If you describe service to others as only loving others and not the self, you are by definition are talking about conditional love -where the condition is loving anyone but yourself. Or to put another way, you're describing an energy configuration that has a nearly closed orange ray - which neither STO or STS go for. Thats why STO isn't literally serving others to exclusion of yourself, because that is a conditional form of love - STO is more properly understood as serving and loving all unconditionally.

This link is a good start if you want to understand STO and STS definitions as Ra defines them without just taking the phrases "service to others" and "service to self" as literal phrases. They're labels, with specific meanings, not three word phrases that fully describe the philosophy - they are short-hand. http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=The+Two+Paths
Then what is love?
So i thought of an addition that may be pertinent to others...

This is something I struggled a lot with in my life. That is how can I be of service to my self if I don't know where my self is. If everything arising in my awareness is totally dwarfing my sense of self/awareness - how am I to be of service. How am I even to focus on myself to maintain a center of consciousness? You are already the completion of any quality you could imagine - paradoxically. If you can intuit the Self consistently, you become consciously knowing and consciously connected with that quality which is alive and vibrant at the core of every bit of life.

I think Service to Self and Service to Other would be more clearly be defined as Sense of Self.

The Self is sensed in the Self, and the Self is sensed in Others and the Self is sensed in God and All.

The service comes once the sense is very strong.

Just get a sense of the one experiencing. Be strong in that sense. Pull it through your pain, do not fix your pain, it is indestructible. Your self has the capacity to welcome anything and everything, as long as you stay truthful and devoted to that.

Times are changing and moving so rapidly, I feel its not important to heal exactly, because the pain itself is directing you toward that which is the Self! It is stripping you of all the ideas you have as yourself, that are deviations away from the eternal self that survives all. If you can muster the courage to stay as Yourself through everything. Stay centered. And trust that all that you need, and all the inspiration to do what you need to do will be born from that focus. Centered in your pain, and wishing it to heal away by some act can be very destructive.

Thank you all.
(07-22-2017, 06:08 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]A better way to approach service to others is to understand the description of Ra and realize that service to others and service to self are configurations of love, and that service to others is unconditional love - all energy centers active and balanced (orange ray center governs self-love) - loving everything in the universe, including yourself. Service to self is self-only love - a conditional form of love involving a configuration with a nearly completely closed green and closed blue. If you describe service to others as only loving others and not the self, you are by definition are talking about conditional love -where the condition is loving anyone but yourself. Or to put another way, you're describing an energy configuration that has a nearly closed orange ray - which neither STO or STS go for. Thats why STO isn't literally serving others to exclusion of yourself, because that is a conditional form of love - STO is more properly understood as serving and loving all unconditionally.

This is well said.