Bring4th

Full Version: Losing yourself in Infinity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had some strange dreams last night. A friend of mine named Larry kept trying to achieve Infinity. In the dream he did it, many many times, one after another. Then he disappeared for the most part from our reality, leaving behind a small piece of himself. I had to go rescue him. But I don't remember it being scary. It was just a little concerning that he had disappeared.

I don't know if our minds are made for exploring the nature of Infinity. It fascinates me, but I don't actually think of experiencing it. There is a drug that lets you experience being God and seeing Absolute Infinity, and even that scares me just the thought of it.

So in short I had to go in and rescue my friend from being lost within untold multitudes of Infinity. But I kept my mind and brought him back successfully.
This post remind me of something: A disciple, Khema, of the Blessed One was asked where an enlightened one (complete and perfect. Arahant) goes after death:

Quote:"Now, lady, when asked if the Tathagata exists after death, you say, 'That has not been declared by the Blessed One: "The Tathagata exists after death."' When asked if the Tathagata does not exist after death... both exists and does not exist after death... neither exists nor does not exist after death, you say, 'That too has not been declared by the Blessed One: "The Tathagata neither exists nor does not exist after death." Now, what is the cause, what is the reason, why that has not been declared by the Blessed One?"

"[The cause is that] any consciousness by which one describing the Tathagata would describe him: That the Tathagata has abandoned, its root destroyed, made like a palmyra stump, deprived of the conditions of development, not destined for future arising. Freed from the classification of consciousness, great king, the Tathagata is deep, boundless, hard to fathom, like the ocean. 'The Tathagata exists after death' doesn't apply. 'The Tathagata doesn't exist after death doesn't apply. 'The Tathagata both exists and doesn't exist after death' doesn't apply. 'The Tathagata neither exists nor doesn't exist after death' doesn't apply."