Bring4th

Full Version: The second-density companions we love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I searched but couldn't locate a thread specifically for posting pictures of our pets. So I wanted to share with you the Great Emma Lou and Cooper, our two dog friends.

This is Emma Lou, our golden retriever being all classy.
[Image: Screenshot_2017_06_04_07_54_33_1501858204374.png]

Emma and Cooper next to our garden. We got Emma Lou at seven weeks from a friend of a friend who had a litter. Cooper was an 8 - 10 month old rescue.
 [Image: 20170718_190100_1501858203750.jpg]

[Image: 20170701_000435_1501858333126_resized.jpg]

Cooper sporting the shawl.
[Image: 20170618_220738_1501858335426_resized.jpg]

Our mulberry tree drops a lot of mulberries. Naturally the best thing to do with mulberries on the ground is to roll in them.
[Image: 20170529_173018_1501858337428_resized.jpg] [Image: 20161028_141228.jpg]
And some of Emma growing up, breaking our heart. Emma is our first dog. We love her so much.

[Image: 20160618_141028.jpg] [Image: 20160401_162833.jpg] [Image: 20160329_191449.jpg] [Image: 12901346_10209212039760969_599066378997945135_o.jpg] [Image: 20160509_220332.jpg] [Image: 20160710_131543.jpg] [Image: 20160327_170332.jpg] [Image: 12901346_10209212039720968_1448271030606103480_o.jpg]
My male british cat :
[Image: 973864785d6122562ad5f4dcdc5d544f335ff788...4a0669.jpg]

[Image: 89404281880571e8508b723dcd06ab1f173f7b5e...7b9223.jpg]

My female scottish cat :
[Image: 60803377ada5ed6d51bb60192df1ab09d9dc604d...9aaded.jpg]
[Image: 529992768abeeee73910a911e8fdd55ff70287f1...cbeddc.jpg]

[Image: 84840893f0a0a8957c6edca4bae84a828aa092c1...67f570.jpg]
[Image: IMG_9355.JPG][Image: IMG_9485.JPG]

Freddie and Emmie
Butters and Jupy!

Sweet Butters
[Image: pYRcBN3.jpg]

Photogenic Jupy:
[Image: xIn1Ywt.jpg]

[Image: NYxU7p8.jpg]

Jupy taking a dirt nap
[Image: qgrm7rx.jpg]

Jupy pondering the canine uprising (photo not staged, we have a weird dog)
[Image: 56C2z3c.jpg]

I don't have a favorite, it's just hard to take a picture of Butters and be able to tell where his face is.

Extended edition: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthre...?tid=10252
My german shepherd mix Loki at 6 months.

[Image: Loki_6_Months.jpg]
Muscade when he was a baby

[Image: 102_0287.jpg]

[Image: 102_0292.jpg]

[Image: 102_0293.jpg]

Muscade showing off who's got the best belly around here

[Image: 103_0320.jpg]

And Muscade today at age 13 with his very big lipoma. Almost the size of a pumkin Sad

[Image: 20170804_142352.jpg]

When he was a baby, he had spots on the belly like a cow so we used to tell him he had a cow's belly. Turns out he really did grow a cow's belly.
I have a new second density family member!!!

[Image: GUV28QS.jpg]

Please help me welcome our newest friend, Geddy Lee! (Glee for short!)

Geddy was at an animal shelter in Denver that my friend frequents, and she had promised him a week ago that she would be back for him. Well, she called the shelter Monday morning and put him "on hold", saying that she would come get him that day - otherwise, he was going to be euthanized. Roosters are illegal within the city limits of Denver (and Colorado Springs), but we are some of the fortunate ones to live outside of that jurisdiction. So we saved him!!

He is so, so sweet. Obviously someone's beloved pet. He loves our attention and he's been getting a lot of it!! His favorite food so far is pumpkin seeds.

[Image: LxwQON0.jpg]

I made a Youcaring page, because we weren't exactly planning on receiving Geddy two days ago. We've been waiting to be approved (and finally were the day we got him!) for a small grant from an excellent organization called The Microsanctuary Movement to build a coop and a run. We plan on rescuing a small flock of chickens. My *intentions* are to do what they call an "open rescue", where we save an animal who is en route to be killed. We bear witness at a livestock auction nearby, and I am planning on trying to convince someone to give me their chickens to live at a sanctuary instead of selling them for $3-$4 or whatever. We will not pay for an animal. They are not commodities. It would be great for someone to surrender one, in full free will, to live out the rest of their lifespan in comfort and freedom.

So, anyway, I made it for a small amount to cover Glee's current expenses. My priority is reimbursing my sweet friend for the $45 in feed that she purchased for him before we met halfway between here and Denver!

https://www.youcaring.com/kilenorby-948228

My main plans are caring for this flock of chickens, and giving them love as an analogue to all the chickens/roosters who live in abject squalor and hell. To help one is to help the all, right?

Thanks for looking and listening!!!
[Image: scaled_P1030086.jpg]

[Image: scaled_P1030087.jpg]

[Image: P1030081.jpg]

[Image: P1030093.jpg]

[Image: P1030122.jpg]

[Image: P1030162.jpg]
Wow!! What a handsome, strong, happy looking friend you have there!! What's their name?

And I have to make a correction/addendum to my post, I just found out that Geddy's new favorite food is actually crackers. Haha!
(09-13-2017, 05:19 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Wow!! What a handsome, strong, happy looking friend you have there!! What's their name?

Thanks, Jade! Blush His name is Río, river in Spanish. (And he's of course vegan organic, too, in case anyone has wondered. Wink)

(09-13-2017, 05:19 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]And I have to make a correction/addendum to my post, I just found out that Geddy's new favorite food is actually crackers. Haha!

*lol* It's so lovely to see people seeing and treating animals just as what they are - personalities! Heart
Hi everyone,

just wanted to add something here, and that is, that I'm almost certain Río is a previous 2D companion reincarnated. Meet Kasaatchi, the mink:

[Image: IMG_6335.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6279.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6280.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6347.jpg]

Kasaatchi has been living with me for half a year, and he was, of course, rescued from a mink farm (yes, and he was also vegan). And now, Río has just so much the exact same personality as Kasaatchi, and is even behaving exactly like the mink was. Plus, his fur is much too long and soft for his breed really... Yes, I think I've met this guy twice in my life.

Couple more pics of Río.

[Image: DSC0080.jpg]

[Image: DSC0081.jpg]

[Image: DSC0082.jpg]

[Image: DSC0092.jpg]

[Image: DSC0097.jpg]

And soon we'll be joined by two rescue horses with similar fur markings. I'll post some pics then!

[Image: image_grande_d51f6ade-aad7-4850-aa7a-51f...1504000473]

-`ღ´-
Hi All,

the two rescue ponies have arrived on Saturday. Love them! Jay is blind, with one eye having been removed, due to a very bad case of ragwort poisoning, and Elliot with the blue eyes is his self-chosen 'service pony' - or so they said before they came here, but now it shows Jay definitely has extrasensory perceptions, senses me a couple of hundred meters away already (with no chance to hear me) and stays glued to my side whenever I'm entering the gate. And Elliot is lovely as well! They just follow me around all the time, and Río gets on with them very well, too! ❦

[Image: Jelliot_9.jpg]

[Image: DSC0043.jpg]

[Image: Jelliot_11.jpg]

[Image: Jelliot_6.jpg]

[Image: DSC0006_2.jpg]

[Image: DSC0029.jpg]

And a little video.

-`ღ´-
The photographer who came to photograph our chickens returned some additional photos the other day! Here is me & Glee!

[Image: wk6QP6J.jpg]

The photoshoot was just about women and their chickens, but she also took a few extras with Kile and me. Here we are with Agatha:

[Image: a4gmPR1.jpg]

Here's sweet Agatha on a windy day, before all of her new feathers grew in. She was in rough shape when we got her. You can see all her little feather sheaths:

[Image: woDhhlV.jpg]

Here is what my full-feathered floofy girl looks like today! Can tell a big difference with the tail and cheeks!

[Image: oWKLyKJ.jpg]
My 2D companions are all wild. Here are a few...

This is Merlin, who came down my chimney the first night I stayed at the house.

[Image: bringthmerlinjpg.jpg]

Four javelina napping in my back yard.

[Image: bringthjaviesjpg.jpg]

This is Shorty. He lives on my patio in the summer and loves watermelon. He'll come right up to my feet when I come out of the door thinking he will get some, and of course he does.

[Image: bringthshortyjpg.jpg]

One of the new fawns late summer last year.

[Image: bringthnewfawnjpg.jpg]

Two of last year's fawns older, after they lost their spots, chillin' in the back yard.

[Image: bringthfawnsjpg.jpg]

This is Scardie, one of the does of the herd that has been visiting since 2009. She passed away and she is very missed.

[Image: bringthscardiejpg.jpg]
Wow! Lovely friends you have there, Diana.
(02-26-2018, 12:45 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Lovely friends you have there, Diana.

I know. I'm grateful every day for them, and this property. Smile 
A few months ago, someone dumped ~80 domestic rats across two open spaces near Denver, during 0s-10s temperatures. They were coming up and begging people for food! Some of my friends rallied to save them all and I ended up with three boys: Crosby, Stills, and Nash. My friend got two females and they ended up being pregnant so now she has a few dozen rats! - which means we might be adding a "Young" to the group soon. Wink Anyway, I literally had no idea how cute these little rat friendos were. I mean, I have a legit menagerie now, and these ratty boys are by far the ones that make me squee the most - except maybe Fiona!

[Image: 8oZRiaJ.jpg]

Starting with the white boy and moving clockwise is Stills, Crosby, and Nash. Smile

Stills and Nash are BFF.

[Image: 8xbyhQv.jpg]

This is my sweet Fiona... she is so precious and tiny! Blueberry (held daintily by its skin) for scale.  Heart

[Image: coXIzVJ.jpg]

This is Fiona with her fearsome protector Walter Bocker. Walter, Fiona, and three others were part of a flock I adopted from the humane society, after they were abandoned after either an eviction or an arrest.

[Image: byslAn6.jpg]

And this is a picture of Cygnus. Cygnus and Aquila were two pigeons that were rescued from a really bad hoarding situation. They hated each other for the first few months but now they have fallen in love, mated, and even laid eggs!

[Image: 1e8ge1V.jpg]

Here are the conditions that they came from. We're pretty sure Cygnus is the bird in the upper left corner of this picture.

[Image: 0xX75l8.jpg]

(Pulling up these pictures brought tears to our eyes! That's how they lived! Their lives are so much better now!)

And so we end on a happy note, here is my hubby snuggling with the rooster, while Glee preens his hair.

[Image: IsiH76G.jpg]
Jade, you're going to need several acres soon to house all of your rescues. Your photos made me tear up.  Heart

By the way, I love the names you give your "roommates."  Smile
Thank you Diana!! We are very blessed. Our "roommates" fulfill us more and more every day! Our dream is to buy a nice acreage somewhere here in the mountains... the dream gets closer and closer all the time! (Well, it could happen in a couple years maybe, haha!) We have our eyes on a couple 20-30 acre lots that we'd love to get so that we can expand. We definitely still have room for a handful or so more here, and are fortunate enough that we live outside the city limits so we aren't the only ones on the block with roosters.

And since I ran out of space in the other post, I'll add a couple more pics here. Here is one of Nash after he got a new litterbox and was a bit... confused... on how to use it. Yes, he has even pulled some bedding in there.

[Image: CLjykkT.jpg]

Here is a picture I tried to sneak of Aquila and Cygnus snuggling. Cygnus is still especially wary of us. We are not sure who was the culprit who laid the egg - so they both remain ambiguously gendered! We are going to start building them an aviary in the spring. We should be able to make one large enough so that we can rescue 4 more pigeons or so. Did you know that they are one of the smartest species of animal on the planet? Like, top 5, easily. I had no idea until I was researching their care after adopting them.

[Image: OIjOh02.jpg]

They make these cooing/croaking noises 24/7 and preen each other all over. It's been really awesome watching them emerge from the trauma that they came from. We thought for sure that they were both males, since we've had them for 5+ months now and nobody had laid an egg - until a few weeks ago! No idea who it was though. Sweet peas. They actually laid two eggs, which is what pigeons do. We removed the eggs and hardboiled them (which was weird and difficult and heartbreaking) and they tried to brood them for a couple days, but since they were so new they just kind of stood next to them for a while then gave up. They will try again soon.

I have fake eggs on order from Amazon, so that next time they lay, we can just switch the eggs out immediately. I'm not sure what we'll do with them then... the lady who I met who gave me the pigeons said she would leave them out for the ravens, who would deter the hawks from coming by. It's important to let them brood though, or try to, otherwise they will lay eggs almost constantly, like a chicken, and their tiny bodies can't handle that. This type of birth control has them laying two eggs every 21 days or so. Obviously I don't want them to breed, or else they would have 6-8 babies every year, for 20+ years. Most pigeons pairs live a very happy life on the cycle of laying, brooding for 2-3 weeks, "honeymooning" (croaking/preening like crazy/nesting) for a week or so, then laying another pair of eggs and doting on them and nonstop for a couple weeks. Bless them!

Here is a picture of their first egg, with bonus crazy eyes from Judy (our shock at finding the egg had interrupted preparations for her morning walk!).

[Image: cVPA71d.jpg]
Those pigeons are nice. I always feed the pigeons outside the library, and one is friendly enough that he/she will climb all over me and allows me to stroke its feathers, which are of a lovely dark brown mutation. This pigeon is really territorial though, and if another one tries to land on me it will start making this rhythmic cooing noise which I guess constitutes some kind of pigeon battle cry, and then proceed to jump on top of the other pigeon, pecking and cooing and flapping until that pigeon leaves me alone. I would post a picture of Gulliver, but alas, my phone has been stolen.
Sounds like Gulliver sees you as a mate! What an honor! Smile
(02-28-2018, 10:25 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like Gulliver sees you as a mate! What an honor! Smile

That would be an honour, but I'm quite sure this clever bird is simply defending its favourite food dispenser. We do make a cute pair though; tourists stop and take pictures of us. Maybe if I scoured instagram I could find a picture Tongue
The (rescue) cows need an appearance in this thread as well. So here's the cows and horses together (and yeah, it's quite muddy there in the front):

[Image: KIZegre.jpg]

And another little video.

-`ღ´-
My pet Harvey is looking cute af today:

[Image: 6c9K7rc.jpg]
Harvey is cool! Cool

Just thought, in case anyone would be interested, you can read and follow the stories (and tons of pics) of the rescued animals in my care on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeartstoneSanctuary/

You might be able to find other B4 members' 2D companions on there as well... Wink Cool BigSmile Heart
My dog, about 2 years ago:

[Image: dOajqUR.jpg]

I got her when I was 16. I'm 26 now.
(11-16-2018, 03:19 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]My dog, about 2 years ago:

https://imgur.com/LjaWVbK.jpg

I got her when I was 16. I'm 26 now.

She's a beauty. So is that picture
Thanks Isis. Smile

I'll mess with it more tomorrow. I figured out some of it with images already hosted on other sites- in another thread. brain isn't working currently. lol
wtf!? it works now. edited the op.
Pages: 1 2