Bring4th

Full Version: Positivity Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've had a few disheartening conversations on this forum in the last twenty-fours - conversations rife with judgment and criticism. I have enough of these voices in my own head, so rather than complain or walk away, I'd like to take ownership over my little corner of the internet and start a thread that focuses on the successes we've had during our spiritual development.

There is no fully fleshed out idea for this post, just a place to share things that are going well in our daily lives - or synchronicities of a positive nature (just thought of that).

I'll share an experience I had recently, but it'll take a bit of background to get the context right:

Last year I began praying in earnest for help in discovering - or remembering - my purpose here during this incarnation. In October, a lady asked if she could use our home for a garage sale. She brought a box of spiritual growth books, many of which I purchased, and my life began to change. (For the curious: these were Seth books, Orin and Daben books, and books on sacred geometry, among others)

Shortly after devouring these books, the Ra material came into my life. Ra's clear delineation of the two paths helped me find the resolve to become STO-oriented. Two months after reading Ra, a job fell into my lap teaching freshman university students about mindfulness and metacognition: STO indeed.

As the LOO material sank deeper into my psyche - or perhaps, reawakened what I'd always known - I started shifting my intent from one of seeking to one pursuing adepthood and beyond, possibility magicianship - at least, that's how I framed it in my prayers. The message I received from my guides was that little pieces from the magical path would appear before me, but it would take me picking up on them to let the path unfold.

On Wednesday, the same woman who had brought those books into my life unexpectedly invited my partner and I to a sweat lodge. I had attended one sweat six years prior, but this one on Wednesday was a completely different experience.

The entire ceremony was steeped in magical ritual, and the cleansing I felt would be hard to describe. That night I also had a dream that proved precognitive and allowed my partner and I to become closer, with opened channels of communication and insight. (I'm purposefully being a bit vague here because the dream material is personal, and our shaman recommended not discussing any particulars about the experience for seven days.)

There were a host of synchronicities leading up to the ceremony - including a hawk landing near us and two people in our little ceremony with my parents' names - that made the event feel special on a whole other level.

Feel free to post about anything positive happening in your life right now. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers! BigSmile
Nice idea for a thread!

I'd like to share something a bit surreal indeed. Over an extended period of time of playfully considering myself a Wizard, I was faced with concrete experiences that pushed me further into the realization that magic is very real. Took some time to adjust to the idea of actually being a Wizard, and the whole journey has been filled with highs and lows, ecstasy and pain...as is many forms of growth I imagine.

After many years of mentally digesting concepts and reawakening I'm now faced with a curious new chapter of...actualization. Oh, and White Magic Music for life. Or rather...for eternity. lol BigSmile
(08-05-2017, 02:06 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea for a thread!

I'd like to share something a bit surreal indeed. Over an extended period of time of playfully considering myself a Wizard, I was faced with concrete experiences that pushed me further into the realization that magic is very real. Took some time to adjust to the idea of actually being a Wizard, and the whole journey has been filled with highs and lows, ecstasy and pain...as is many forms of growth I imagine.

After many years of mentally digesting concepts and reawakening I'm now faced with a curious new chapter of...actualization. Oh, and White Magic Music for life. Or rather...for eternity. lol BigSmile

Thanks for the response, Turtle! I'm new to the idea of the magical path, so I find it endlessly fascinating. I'm also wary of diving in over my head without properly understanding the mechanics of the practice and inherent dangers of opening those doors. If you have any recommended readings or particular stories you'd like to share, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the thread Rybo.

(08-05-2017, 01:15 PM)Rybo Wrote: [ -> ]Two months after reading Ra, a job fell into my lap teaching freshman university students about mindfulness and metacognition: STO indeed.

Wow! That's sounds really cool. When such things fall in my own lap, I sometimes suffer from a sense of unworthiness or guilt. It can be hard for me to view it as a synchronistic result of my spiritual path and instead tend to view it as good luck or serendipity that I didn't "earn." Do you struggle with that at all?

As for positive things happening on my own path, I've had a growing crystallized vision of a certain aspect of my own path that revolves around writing and storytelling. For a few years now I've felt an undeniable calling to write some books that I "received" in a download. It feels like a life purpose.

But I've struggled with a sort of gap between where I am now and where my desires lie. Some of it is skill - how do I write these books in a skillful way if I have no experience writing fiction? Some of it is more spiritual - how is my desire to write these books spiritually relevant, or how is it a service? And some of it is more practical - if I do write these books, how can they have any effect if no one reads them?

It was clear to me that the answer involved, at least somewhat, just work and practice. I think the biggest positive milestone I crossed was actually writing (finishing) a book last November. It was a great experience and gave me a big boost of confidence in what I could achieve.

Lately, I've been working more around the theme of this desire to write rather than directly on the books themselves. I worked extremely hard to get a website up and running, learning how to build a WordPress theme from the ground up and utilize the WordPress CMS in a way that would actually achieve what I wanted. I finished and "launched" it at the beginning of July with a decent sense of accomplishment. There are multiple purposes to the website: to help me practice writing, to have a place to share essays and thoughts about life in general, to have an outlet for the other sorts of fiction I write, and to also help me to understand storytelling in general. I want to grasp the nature of story and how it moves us, how it's spiritually relevant, and find an interface between my own spiritual nature and the way society interfaces with "entertainment."

I've done nothing to promote the website, really, aside from creating social media pages for the site. It's a lot like just writing to myself. That can be a bit disheartening. I am sure that I could promote it in various ways, like even sharing it on my personal Facebook page, which I've yet to do. I have some issues causing me to hesitate.

But despite that, I know that at least a couple people are reading through a book club that I'm doing (reading a book and summarizing it piece by piece, analyzing the themes and plot points that I find compelling). And today I received a message from a stranger saying they appreciated an essay I wrote and really liked the site. They said they stumbled upon it searching for something else. So that made me feel really good and gave me a bit of a boost.

This writing thing feels more worldly to me than something that relates directly to my spiritual path, especially since I am not planning on writing directly about spirituality. But it's clear in my mind that it is a big part of my spiritual path. So these small successes and affirmations feel like a great boon for me spiritually.

Thanks for letting me share. Smile
I finally got my truck's title yesterday.
And my fursuit should be shipped out to me soon.
(08-05-2017, 04:13 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the thread Rybo.

Wow! That's sounds really cool. When such things fall in my own lap, I sometimes suffer from a sense of unworthiness or guilt. It can be hard for me to view it as a synchronistic result of my spiritual path and instead tend to view it as good luck or serendipity that I didn't "earn." Do you struggle with that at all?

Austin, I've struggled with every version of self-doubt, unworthiness, and guilt imaginable. I'm not meaning to be hyperbolic; I genuinely believe part of my path here has been to experience varied extremes of human existence. These catalysts have not only shaped who I am today, but they are immensely helpful in fostering a sense of relatability between myself and those I'm trying to help (I should mention that my new job is not only teaching, but also a type of guidance counselor).

Self-doubt is always the first emotion I experience, but I know that stepping outside of my comfort zones always leads to the greatest source of personal growth. In addition, the synchronistic events provide an additional layer of comfort because I know forces greater than myself are at work, and they wouldn't place these opportunities before me if I couldn't handle them. In fact, the story behind my new job is fascinating from a synchronistic view, so perhaps I'll find the right thread to tell it in someday.

Quote:As for positive things happening on my own path, I've had a growing crystallized vision of a certain aspect of my own path that revolves around writing and storytelling. For a few years now I've felt an undeniable calling to write some books that I "received" in a download. It feels like a life purpose.

I'm all ears! I hear about people receiving downloads, but I've never experienced it myself. I'd love to hear a detailed explanation of what this entailed.

Quote:But I've struggled with a sort of gap between where I am now and where my desires lie. Some of it is skill - how do I write these books in a skillful way if I have no experience writing fiction? Some of it is more spiritual - how is my desire to write these books spiritually relevant, or how is it a service? And some of it is more practical - if I do write these books, how can they have any effect if no one reads them?

There is so much to unpack in this little quote. I minored in creative writing in school, so I've written a fair amount fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction. My neon-sign advice is don't think about the audience when you're writing. Write for yourself. It's the "if you build it, they will come" mentality. Next, we are earthly creatures in earthly bodies, and not everything we do will measure up against cosmic standards of spirituality. That's okay. If writing a book helps you grow, then it's served a purpose - regardless of the content. If someone else derives pleasure from it, then it once again has merit. Also, we have incredibly high standards, especially in the post-Ra world, where the two paths have been explicitly defined. As a means of comforting myself in times of human indulgence, I remind myself that Ra graduated from Venus in a love-oriented social memory complex; we are earthlings living an earthly experience, and I'm just doing the best I can. And I'm getting better at living a spiritually centered existence.

Quote:It was clear to me that the answer involved, at least somewhat, just work and practice. I think the biggest positive milestone I crossed was actually writing (finishing) a book last November. It was a great experience and gave me a big boost of confidence in what I could achieve.

That's huge! Writing a book is no small feat. I, too, think a book is in my future, and I'm awestruck by your and Gary's ability to put out all this information. And I read Tilting at Windmills, so I'd like to read yours too.

Fiction is a bit different from transcribing an interview, and I found the single biggest boost to my development as a writer is workshopping. Give me criticism! I appreciate compliments, but I'd rather hear about areas of improvement: character refinement, plot holes, stylistic improvement, etc. Perhaps I could be another set of eyes if you need them.

Quote:Lately, I've been working more around the theme of this desire to write rather than directly on the books themselves. I worked extremely hard to get a website up and running, learning how to build a WordPress theme from the ground up and utilize the WordPress CMS in a way that would actually achieve what I wanted. I finished and "launched" it at the beginning of July with a decent sense of accomplishment. There are multiple purposes to the website: to help me practice writing, to have a place to share essays and thoughts about life in general, to have an outlet for the other sorts of fiction I write, and to also help me to understand storytelling in general. I want to grasp the nature of story and how it moves us, how it's spiritually relevant, and find an interface between my own spiritual nature and the way society interfaces with "entertainment."

---------------
But despite that, I know that at least a couple people are reading through a book club that I'm doing (reading a book and summarizing it piece by piece, analyzing the themes and plot points that I find compelling). And today I received a message from a stranger saying they appreciated an essay I wrote and really liked the site. They said they stumbled upon it searching for something else. So that made me feel really good and gave me a bit of a boost.

This writing thing feels more worldly to me than something that relates directly to my spiritual path, especially since I am not planning on writing directly about spirituality. But it's clear in my mind that it is a big part of my spiritual path. So these small successes and affirmations feel like a great boon for me spiritually.

I've created a few websites using WordPress, and there's quite a learning curve involved, so it's admirable what you've done in that endeavor too. Only two things make a writer better: reading and writing. Practice, practice, practice. And it sounds like your practice is already bearing fruit. Actually, it sounds like you already know what your future will look like - it's just a matter of overcoming that nagging voice of self-doubt.

Just so you know, when I found L/L I binged on the podcasts. You and Gary and Jim are all incredibly articulate in your answers, and the insights and reflections helped me think about the material from multiple perspectives - and for that I'm grateful. Perhaps you don't realize what an impact you're already having - and upon complete strangers, too!

Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll find that many will enjoy your work. I look forward to reading what you've written.
I, as many of you have mentioned, struggle with worldly emotions such as guilt, unworthiness, anger, etc. This is an inherent part of the veil and the 'heaviness' of this planet. I recently subscribed to Gaia online and it lead me to some people (Joan and John Walker) channeling archangels and masters. Although some of the concepts vary from the Law of One (like they talk about the change to 5th density rather than 4th), the love and light discussed resonated with me. I started practicing drawing in the light as they suggested on a daily basis.
One day, I was emptying an antique bowl that I use for water for my rescued pigeon. As I attempted to toss the water out the back door, the bowl slipped out of my hand and smashed on the concrete patio in a bazillion pieces. Normally, this would be a trigger for me and would result in self-admonishment, anger and the like. But, after several sessions practicing the technique of drawing in the light--I HAD NO REACTION--just accepted it and proceeded to clean up the glass shards. For me, this was HUGE. Just a small step, but a great beginning! This can be applied to all areas of your life whether it be health, emotions, spiritual, etc. If anyone is interested in checking this out, here is the link (https://joanandjohnwalker.com/category/s...rchangels/). Specifically, I call your attention to Session 1, 6 & 7 which were the most helpful for me.
Peace, love and happiness!
(08-05-2017, 07:51 PM)auntiemable Wrote: [ -> ]I, as many of you have mentioned, struggle with worldly emotions such as guilt, unworthiness, anger, etc. This is an inherent part of the veil and the 'heaviness' of this planet. I recently subscribed to Gaia online and it lead me to some people (Joan and John Walker) channeling archangels and masters. Although some of the concepts vary from the Law of One (like they talk about the change to 5th density rather than 4th), the love and light discussed resonated with me. I started practicing drawing in the light as they suggested on a daily basis.
One day, I was emptying an antique bowl that I use for water for my rescued pigeon. As I attempted to toss the water out the back door, the bowl slipped out of my hand and smashed on the concrete patio in a bazillion pieces. Normally, this would be a trigger for me and would result in self-admonishment, anger and the like. But, after several sessions practicing the technique of drawing in the light--I HAD NO REACTION--just accepted it and proceeded to clean up the glass shards. For me, this was HUGE. Just a small step, but a great beginning! This can be applied to all areas of your life whether it be health, emotions, spiritual, etc. If anyone is interested in checking this out, here is the link (https://joanandjohnwalker.com/category/s...rchangels/). Specifically, I call your attention to Session 1, 6 & 7 which were the most helpful for me.
Peace, love and happiness!

That's a great story about your reaction - or lack thereof - to the broken antique bowl! I had a similar uncharacteristically calm response to an event the other night. While I was in the middle of meditating, my dog peed on our bed in the other room. Now, mind you, this is totally abnormal behavior for our dog, and I could hear my partner yell once then send the dog outside. As I was meditating, I could feel myself being drawn back into conscious awareness and starting to feel emotions about our dog's behavior. I forced myself to let it go and trusted that my partner would be okay handling the situation. When I finally finished the meditation and joined the other two, I was in a place of such blissful tranquility that I wasn't even slightly upset at my dog. He just made a mistake - as we all do - so I sent him love (and a little psychic pleading to potty outside in the future). What a peaceful resolution!

Thanks for sharing.
Fresh roasted and grounded coffee makes me happy.
[Image: anigif_enhanced-4345-1400592337-8.gif]