Bring4th

Full Version: Humor and right/left brain dominance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Removed
I actually find left brain dominant people aren't smarter (maybe somewhat book smarter), but are usually dumb socially and common sense wise since they seem to have worse emotional intelligence (both self and other).

I think a great sense of humor comes with a strong a red and orange ray, but also yellow. 
  • Red because you're enjoying life and are in a good mood. 
  • Orange because you accept yourself completely and don't feel anything you can do reflects "poorly" upon yourself (no self-judgment) and so you can say things you think are humorous without worrying if others will find it humorous and you laugh at your own jokes, which is a non-trivial part of humor imo. I think it's important to mention that a strong orange ray requires acceptance and acknowledgment of the emotional self.
  • Yellow because humor almost always involves interacting with others, often in group conversations. It's also worth commenting that in my past research I believe I found that the yellow also seems to be more the seat of logic - I believe - because logic is a medium used to communicate for agreement with large numbers of people irrespective of individual feelings. Humor hopes to elicit/hopes to share in an emotional response, so it's a different kind use of yellow.
I usually incorporate green ray into my humor, because a lot of people have pretty broken orange rays and can interpret a non-mean joke on them as an attack on them or be hurt by it, so I usually make my jokes that are centered about others pretty gentle until I get to know them better.
What do you mean by "I have found"?
Removed