Bring4th

Full Version: What is the opposite of guilt?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the opposite of guilt?

I wasn’t really sure where to post this but I guess olio might do…
Have anyone here also problems with guilt and difficulty forgiving oneself for what happened?
I will try to explain. For the last couple years I was the caretaker for my mum who suffered from dementia. Already in 2016 I was completely overwhelmed by this task because I literally didn’t have any spare time left for myself.. I was either working or going to my mums place, being there all weekends, holidays etc. All the time that I wasn’t in the office, I was at her place. I neglected everything else, my friends, my apartment, myself.
When she had to be hospitalized last year, I had a breakdown and admitted to myself and family that I couldn’t cope with it anymore. I was sick for weeks and when she came out of hospital we decided that a cousin of mine, who at that time was unemployed and women from Poland who come here to live with and nurse old people would take turns in taking care of her.
My mum had had a good relationship with that cousin and I figured it was a good idea, since the polish women were basically strangers, to have at least one family member there.
Well what can I say…. After a couple of weeks I realized that the nightmare was not over.
My cousin turned out to be a controlling and manipulative person, I had stomach aches when I went to mums place and I realized we had put someone in a position who was in no way qualified to take care of an old and sick person. I tried to talk to my siblings about it but they wouldn’t hear of it.
Honestly I didn’t know what to do, I tried best to cope with my cousin and my mum when I got there and I desired the return of the polish woman, who was a good nurse and knew how to deal with mum.
Finally she arrived. And she was horrified at what the cousin had done… this cousin even admitted to her about neglecting my mum… she hadn’t openly admitted to me, she always found excuses and blatantly lied in my face – I knew something was up but now finally we had proof.
I said to the polish caretaker, Margareta, “you have to talk to my family about this, because they wouldn’t listen to me or believe me when I told them”.
So she did.
Well in the end we terminated the cousins employment. I also talked to my aunt about it because I figured she should know what had happened when her daughter worked for us.
Now I am the bad one in the family because my aunt and cousin accuse me of having made all those things up, that the cousin did nothing wrong etc.
This spring my mum died. Her last weeks were horrible, she could not get up anymore, she was in constant pain, the painkillers worsened her dementia.
It was a relief, her death and I felt happy for her, that her suffering had ended and also for myself, because watching her suffering and trying to help and being unable because all the options seemed to have negative side effects was really bad.
Now we come to the question of guilt.
The polish caretakers weren’t all awesome either but I couldn’t figure out any other way to deal with the situation – having her move to an old people’s home at her age and dementia would have been worse. So at least she was able to live in her apartment until the end and die in her own bed.
But the thing I cannot forgive myself and that still haunts me is my cousin.
I am like “how could I not see this”… I already hated her as a child because she would bully me. But in the last years we sometimes talked and she visited us and used to suck up to me and pay me compliments about how she admired the work I did for my mum etc and I fell for that. And I overlooked the rest, the warning signs etc. So when she said she would help out I thought it was a good idea.
My sister in law says I should have known because cousin never could keep a job etc and people do not change, blablabla.
So you see, I was basically the only one in the family who was dealing with the situation with my mum on a regular basis, I didn’t get help from my siblings who claimed they were too busy and I had to make decisions – and logically, if you don’t do anything you cannot really commit stupid things. I did things I thought were good and in the end it turned out disastrous.
So I cannot help but think how it was for my mum, spending those eight weeks with my negative cousin and I feel guilty because I agreed that we employ her.
I also had weird dreams about my mum (I mean recently, after her death), in one she was in an underground tunnel, getting out of her car, and walking (in a “handicapped way”, sort of, one leg was not really working but a lot better than in her last weeks) and I went up to her and gave her bread with olive oil? In the dream I then had the impression that it was ok and I did not need do anything else.
And lately another dream where she was running around the city and I was watching and I remember thinking “wow she can walk really well now, a lot better than in the last stages of her life”.
But in both cases I did not talk to her.
It was very different when my dad died because he sometimes visited me in my dreams and we would indeed talk.
Well I would appreciate any input, maybe similar situations you experienced and what helped you deal with it.
What I am not keen on honestly are Ra quotes, haha!
I would love someones answer in their own words.
Easier to understand for me anyways since I am not a native speaker.
Thank you for your patience in reading this so far.
Hi JayCee and thanks for sharing.

Forgiving yourself is the only way forward. Guilt is simply the choice to block out some portion of the Love which God has for us; we block it because we feel we do not deserve it.

Your guilt is of a very common type - thinking that you should have known something which you, in fact, did not know; and that you should have acted on that knowledge you did not have.

We're all human. This means we have "a tiny candle" to illuminate reality, and can only make our decisions on the tiny bit of information we have at any given time.

When you hired the cousin, based on everything you knew at that time, were you trying to harm your mom? Or did you think this would be a good and helpful thing for her, to have someone in the family, someone she knows and gets along well, take care of her?

So, if you made your decision based on the understanding you had at that time, how could you have possibly made a different decision? You couldn't have - without knowing the future. Think about it: if we rewound time back to when you decided to hire the cousin, you would have made the same decision every single time, because it made sense to you at that time. How could you have decided differently? You would have had to have been someone else, with different facts or a different perspective.

Now that you do know the future, you would decide differently. But that's not an option for any human being. God made us blind so that we'd fall into various holes, and learn to love each other and ourselves anyway. So God's not mad at you - he expected this. Your mom is fine now - do you believe that? And being on the other side and knowing your intentions, she does not blame you for anything. If anything, I'm sure she appreciates tremendously that you did so much for her.

At this point the only one deciding that you're not worthy of feeling OK is you, dear JayCee. Why is this necessary?

Imagine for a moment that you have a very good friend who went through this - tried to help his parent beyond his capacity, got sick, thought he found someone who he sincerely thought would be a good caregiver, but turned out not to be. Now feels guilty and comes to you telling you how awful he feels. What would you
tell him? Those are the things you should tell yourself.

Anyway, forgiveness is the only way forward. Everything is fine now, so find love for your mom, love for yourself, and just let it go. You learned something from the experience. Nothing more is needed or possible.
Hm..what is the opposite of guilt..uh..uhh...like pride or something? Or honor..wait, to switch to the opposite I should first analyze what is guilt..rright so, its a feeling? Yeah? Well then what's the opposite of a feeling? Not..feeling(?) wait wait..no..what's a, feeling. Sen-sation(?)..uh..sorta? But..if i am able to decide how I feel, then its a thought..? Ok..whats the opposite of a thought then? Un-thought? what? Wait..no..nonono..what is a thought?..consciousness? ok yeah..the opposite of consciousness is...wait.

It has no end really.
So if instead your question would be, what positive feeling should I focus on with this guilt I am bearing.. Beloved brother/sister, feel love. You did such good service to her, even so kind as to allow others who offered service to accept with an open loving heart. Evolve by the enormous amount of love released from this holy tie which you so solely served. I wish you all the light and love.
(08-23-2017, 03:19 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]What is the opposite of guilt?

Acceptance

(08-23-2017, 03:19 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]Have anyone here also problems with guilt and difficulty forgiving oneself for what happened?

Yes, it's been an ongoing process for me. I agree so much with everything Stranger said.  
I also was able to forgive by reminding myself that we understand life & life-choices backwards.. we cannot know every perceivable 'right-decision' - we make our decisions based on factors at the time, with intentions that things will improve from the decisions and sometimes it turns into the opposite of what we intended. Noone has the perfect blueprint with the perfect choices to make each time. This human experience came with every next-chapter 'veiled'. We need to forgive ourselves for being being human - for being 'veiled' from knowing the results of our choices until after we have made them - for not having all the answers. And the Ra material does strongly suggest that 'all is well' even though from our 3d-perspective, we're squinting through a more limited lens. Your cousin being unqualified to care-take is also not known until she tries (I mention because for your heart to be at ease, the next-step after forgiving yourself, will come a time that will include forgiving your cousin, siblings, and anyone else involved in this completion-process).

Forgive me for referring to something not written in my own words but these words have helped me and others:
We are not our decisions and no decision is wrong because we made the choice with the information at hand.

(08-23-2017, 03:19 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]I also had weird dreams about my mum (I mean recently, after her death), in one she was in an underground tunnel, getting out of her car, and walking (in a “handicapped way”, sort of, one leg was not really working but a lot better than in her last weeks) and I went up to her and gave her bread with olive oil? In the dream I then had the impression that it was ok and I did not need do anything else.
And lately another dream where she was running around the city and I was watching and I remember thinking “wow she can walk really well now, a lot better than in the last stages of her life”. But in both cases I did not talk to her. It was very different when my dad died because he sometimes visited me in my dreams and we would indeed talk.

After the experiences I've had with those who have transitioned, they do not see things the same way that we do - they surrender all the negative-emotions that we in 3d experience and see the full-expanded-higher-perspective that we will also have one day.  I follow the channelling erik blog which has given me many further wonderful experiences with the transitioned - love and expansion (and I'm not saying this to try and make you feel anything one way or another - it's just what came up as relevant when I saw your post).

My friends who have transitioned-loved-ones get symbolic dreams like you had as well - not yet direct-communication but those types of dreams that send you the general message that "all is well". Out of interest, I randomly googled the meaning of "olive oil & bread in a dream" and I know there are millions of dream interpretation sites out there and our dreams are usually unique and symbolic to us - so take what resonates and disregard what doesn't.. it could even maybe symbolize that you were 'care-taking' and she was acknowledging that you took care of her... but here's some interesting ones I found):
  • To see or eat olives in your dream, symbolize healing and immortality.
  • Olive oil in a dream also represents knowledge, wisdom, spiritual guidance, inner light, blessings and lawful earnings.
  • To see bread in your dream represents the basic needs of life. Bread may signify the positive qualities and great things you have learned on your journey of life. Alternatively, it suggests that you need to rise above the situation or rise for the occasion.
  • Olives - Because of the mention in the Bible of live branch and the fruit of the olive, it has the associations of peace and immortality. Certainly with healing.
  • Olives - Because the oil can be pressed from the olive it has the meaning of healing or ease coming from pressure or trial.
  • To dream of bread may symbolise that our basic needs of love and and support are being, or about to be met.
  • Bread is used in many cultures to highlight the relationship between the nourishment of the body and the nourishment of the soul.  This relationship means that dreams of bread can often have a profoundly spiritual nature.
  • Sharing fresh bread in the dream by breaking it with your friends or family reflects the comfortable and good quality relationship.
Wow simply wow! Thank you all so much!
Your answers are perfect.
I was reflecting on this just before and I suspect the reason why the cousin stuff is coming up again is because it happened around this time one year ago.
And then I again remembered what it was like to be with mum during her last days. I have to share with you, because no matter how young you are you will at one point in your life be confronted with a loved one dying, sooner or later and it might be useful to you.
I remember, friday morning she was agitated and fearful like I never seen her before – I changed the setting on her bed and it made some kind of rattling noise and she almost jumped from her bed. I apologized, tried to calm her and thankfully enough the doc prescribed some kind of band aid that emits painkillers which helped somewhat so we didn't have to give her pills again, which she already had trouble swallowing.
I later learnt that that happens when the patient feels death is approaching. They will get really fearful and restless and agitated.
The bandaid seemed to help, for the rest of the day she was already calmer.
I might add she was in a state which looked like unconsciousness or sleep during that time, she hardly opened her eyes and did not talk anymore. However I am sure she realized exactly what was going on – I used to pray with her and say the „hail Mary“ and hold her hand and at those words „Mary“ she always squeezed my hand! Sometimes really tightly.
Saturday she did not want to eat, she would spit everything out and we found she could not swallow anymore so I told the polish woman „stop it, please don't try to feed her anymore, too dangerous“.
Saturday afternoon I was lying next to her in her bedroom holding her hand. The atmosphere in that room was incredible, sublime, divine, there are really no words to describe.
There was a stillness, it was like being in a temple.
I walked around without shoes, only socks, so not to make unnecessary noise.
All of a sudden such a deep feeling of love and gratitude came over me and I found myself saying to her „thank you thank you thank you“ and squeezing her hand and tears welling up.
This divine temple atmosphere even intensified on sunday. Btw that was my birthday, it was the strangest birthday ever, to be there and witness my mums last hours.
Monday morning the nurse came, looked at her and said „it will be over soon, maybe even tonight“.
The atmosphere was still beautiful but on monday I somehow felt my presence was not necessary anymore... I left her alone for longer periods than the days before. It was getting obvious the task was almost done.
Monday night I convinced my younger brother to stay with us, since it was probably the last time he would see mum. I was glad he was there with me.
I woke up during the night and went to the bathroom, looked briefly into mums room (her door was always open ) she seemed to be snoring. Then I turned off the light, that someone had left on in the corridor. It feels to me like that was meant to be, now in retrospect, like I gave the signal for her to start dying, alone and in the dark, like in a mothers womb. She was a discreet woman, in life as in death.
I went back to sleep..... then I woke up startled, my brother was in my room and said „come, I think mum just passed over“.
We went there, softly closed her mouth and looked at her. She looked lovely and peaceful. It was incredible, in a photo that was taken couple months before her death her face was all wrinkly and looked old. Now she had smooth skin, like a young girl and her hair looked amazing (well try to have great looking hair after having been bedridden for weeks, it is not THAT easy)
I almost regret I didn't take a photo of her. But I keep her in my memory anyways.
We then read the psalm „the lord is my shepherd“ and each spent some time alone with her.
We even joked some, I remember saying to my bro „I have to get my socks, it is freezing cold in here, I might freeze to death“ and he looked at me and I looked at him... and we both burst into laughter! It was a natural situation, nothing awkward.
I lit a candle I had bought days before, with a guardian angel and the words „may your guardian angel always be with you“ printed on it.
As horrible as those last weeks and months had been, but her death was beautiful. And I think she was happy to go – I told her how proud I was of how well she had arranged everything and dealt with the hardships and thanked her again.
The guardian angel candle I kept – I looked at it later after it had burnt down (it was like one of those cemetery candles with some plastic around and the angel and the proverb was on that wrapping, in case anyone wonders) and I discovered a couple of numbers on the rear of that plastic thing.
I looked closely and … believe it or not.... the numbers were my mums birthday!
Blew my mind that one. That was not the only synchronicity surrounding her death.
In a way that was the greatest gift she gave to me – allowing me to witness her death and see it as something utterly spiritual and beautiful. It was the exact opposite to my dads death some years before. He did not want to die, he was fighting till his last breath, it was painful to watch his contorted face in agony. It haunted me for quite a while.
But he was not really believing in the afterlife, he was a scientist and I think he really thought death is the end and that why he was so scared. Whereas my mum was always religious and believed in god and was able to let go.
So well, that was the end.
My lovely mum now sing with the angels and maybe sometimes looks down and is happy she is not part of that fuss and chaos anymore Wink
You've a beautiful soul, JayCee. Thank you for posting this. I never thought a death could be uplifting but you've made me realize otherwise.
I think acceptance, even love.

Guilt would come from self judgement, so acceptance of self, all of it and how it all happened, culminating in self love for all you are and all that happened.

Be well
Thank you all.
I am going back to the guilt issue, there is another aspect involved. I already told you about aunt and cousin now seeing me as the bad one.
I sometimes see my aunt, she lives not too far away from my place. The other day I saw her from the distance and made sure to take another way home, so not to confront her. She has a way of giving me the evil side eye.
I remember on one of the prayers in church after my mum had died she was sitting right in front of me. She turned around and saw me. I then felt like an amorphous grey cloud of negativity descending down and I knew it was from her, it was her thoughts / hatred towards me. I lifted myself up above this cloud and then it was better.
But it is creepy and I really avoid her. One part of me wishes I would never ever see her again.
On the other hand I am thinking why?
All that is her crap. I haven’t done anything wrong, on the contrary I gave her daughter a chance to work for us.
And aunts behavior is typical of shoot the messenger…
She does not want to see the truth about her daughter and about what happened so instead she hates me for spilling the beans.
But still, I just hope I don’t see her or have to meet her each time I walk close to her house “sighs”
I guess there has to be work done on the issue, forgiveness and acceptance as Glow said, and then maybe one day it won't matter to me anymore if I see her or not and if she gives me the evil eye or not....
(08-25-2017, 03:33 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all.
I am going back to the guilt issue, there is another aspect involved. I already told you about aunt and cousin now seeing me as the bad one.
I sometimes see my aunt, she lives not too far away from my place. The other day I saw her from the distance and made sure to take another way home, so not to confront her. She has a way of giving me the evil side eye.
I remember on one of the prayers in church after my mum had died she was sitting right in front of me. She turned around and saw me. I then felt like an amorphous grey cloud of negativity descending down and I knew it was from her, it was her thoughts / hatred towards me. I lifted myself up above this cloud and then it was better.
But it is creepy and I really avoid her. One part of me wishes I would never ever see her again.
On the other hand I am thinking why?
All that is her crap. I haven’t done anything wrong, on the contrary I gave her daughter a chance to work for us.
And aunts behavior is typical of shoot the messenger…
She does not want to see the truth about her daughter and about what happened so instead she hates me for spilling the beans.
But still, I just hope I don’t see her or have to meet her each time I walk close to her house “sighs”
I guess there has to be work done on the issue, forgiveness and acceptance as Glow said, and then maybe one day it won't matter to me anymore if I  see her or not and if she gives me the evil eye or not....

This is the bridge I'm on as well, one that I thought I had transcended years ago but haven't lol. For example, when I had unconditional love for all, could see the creator in all, I wouldn't even need to "forgive" anyone, it was already forgiven and there was nothing to forgive, because I could see 'past' the petty human situations we get ourselves into and see all as souls. There was a higher-perspective involved. In any situation.. it was perfect and the only way to live any moment of doubt at that time, was "what would love do?"

What would love do now? What would my higher-self do? What is the most loving way to look at this situation? And when I lived in that realm, there was no finger-pointing necessary.. it was just life teaching me how to love more and to bring more love into the world around me - to be the ripple effect.

Then life brought me some catalysts to show "that's just not how it is" or "I still have work to do".. with my crash and so that's what I mean by the bridge. I'm no longer in that "what would love do space" (but when you're in it.. feel it, because you might get answers for yourself because there are still some situations where looking at "what love would do" is the right-conduct and most peaceful / ideal-outcome when faced with hostility) and it's how I want to eventually live my life again - but with more balance, discernment, and understanding.

So I can't really help when I'm trying to "get back into" the Law of One kind of philosophy (that's why I'm here at the moment, I only just recently joined myself).
From this space, of 2 years of shadow work.. meaning.. looking at my part in the play - looking at what this situation is teaching me about blockages/undealt with things in my own being. Is it me? Them? Both? What is my part? Are the negative feelings that are coming up... because of something undealt with in my own being? The only thing I could control/work on was.. what this was teaching me about myself. But now, after doing so much work on pointing the finger at myself.. I am starting to again wonder if there's even more to it, i.e. negative beings/energies, as well as the morality and ethics of "others" in the play, and how that relates to me, etc. So I'm broadening my scope because I feel the need to explore/expand further past what I have already done. That it's not just working on our self (which is a constant); that life is showing me there's more to it and I'm still getting a grasp of what I'm learning.

I have a similar catalyst to you at the moment. [Editing out catalyst info so that it's not on a public forum now that you've read it]

Anyway.. with your situation, I'm seeing how it relates to my own situation. There's "a thick air" when they are around, and all I can do is, be nice and try and stay off any topic that might make me "crack" and express everything that I've been trying to hold back. As you have already learnt, I do like to "share" and be understood and try and get clarity about everything heheh.

So I look at this catalyst from a standpoint of my previous lessons. From the unconditional love space of "what would love do?" and from the shadow-work space of (why is she able to trigger me, if I didn't have some 'guilt' or some negative thing within me.. to transcend and balance.. that she wouldn't be able to knock me off centre if I didn't have more self-work to do). And, recently, of the new "un-researched" perspective of negative energy. But I don't feel qualified to talk about that yet.

The LOO is helping me get back to a place of seeing all as the creator, but I am totally not there yet, I'm not seeing the benevolent side to the evil that I've witnessed. I watched a video earlier (an Ouija reading) that was all about how to discern good from evil and that has me contemplating as well. When you use "BUT" in any way - you are not living true to the creator's gifts.. according to the reading.. we are born with 2 gifts from the creator - the gift of love, and the gift of freedom of choice. We are born with the truth and then through our teachers / those who wish to teach us or "project their will" onto us, we learn to distort those gifts because we make choices that are not in alignment with our own truth/our own being because "we like them & want them to like us". I don't think I can explain it very well because I only just watched it and I'm still contemplating how it relates to my own discernment. The general message was that 'Evil intent' is that which would seek to silence our freedom of expression and that we are the ones with that power to give away our own freedom of expression by 'burying uncomfortable/unbearable/ugly' truths instead of living true to our freedom of expression. I don't know, I should shut up. Their message when we find ourselves doing this is relevant though, it is: Find your heart and you will see things with much more clarity.
Hey Ches,
I cannot write much now because I am about to leave for the weekend but -
wow! what similarities. I hadn't mentioned it but my cousin is also an addict (in her case weed and in younger years anything she could get her hands on)
I suspect what goes on with their parents is this codependency issue.
And no, if I may venture a guess, I don't believe it would kill his mum if you told her what really goes on... I suspect it would be like in my case, she would be in complete denial.
They live in this bubble of delusion and have created their own reality.
Exactly same situation as I mentioned, my cousin also portrays herself as the eternal victim and in the beginning I fell for it ("poor girl doesn't have a job, I will help and employ her for mum" etc.)
btw Ches you got pm.
Self-Compassion, Self-Understanding, Self-Acceptance, and Self-Forgiveness. 

In short, Self-Love is opposite to Guilt.
In my experience guilt generally has to do with 2nd and 3rd Chakras. How you feel about yourself. How you feel about your relationship to others.

2nd Chakra is about forgiving yourself and allowing yourself to feel pleasure again.

3rd Chakra is about forgiving others (for judging you) and being able to enjoy their existence without flinching.

Part of the forgiveness may imply some amount of change in your own behavior or a resolution in the relationship. But ultimately forgiveness is about being able o move forward knowing that you've learned what was necessary and let everything else fade. Chronic guilt usually has to do with doubt and non-resolution about what you did right or wrong. Your mind still wants to chew on the experience to glean essential information. It sounds like the situation is complex. To the best of your ability try to view it with detachment, being willing to admit mistakes without any harshness. Also being willing to see others faults without any harshness. You'll know the learning is complete when you can review the entire situation with clarity, understanding, and peace.

This may require some time. Be patient with yourself. It sounds like a dense catalyst.