Bring4th

Full Version: Meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I meditate I usually close my eyes so I can try to let me mind become open. At first its just one solid background of just black with specs.....then after a couple minutes the background starts to move...like what it looks to me is energy going across my view in all different directions one after another.....

And with the meditation I usually like I said have my eyes closed but while they are closed I can open them. Thats when I see the energy around my view. Can anyone share their thoughts Smile.

Love,
Steve
Hi Steve!

I see a bit of synchronicity here as I was just thinking about how I will flex my schedule to free up a more regular time for meditation each day. So it feels quite fitting to offer feedback on this topic Wink

To start out, I believe each person may have at least a slightly different experience with meditation than another.
That being said, it sounds as if I experience the same "view" as you do.

The energy takes the form of different intensities of color for me, and if I pay attention to it with a clear mind it will form very beautiful shapes and patterns while always remaining in motion.

I normally start out my meditation by spending a few moments focusing on each energy center, attempting to activate and balance each one with loving energy. While doing this, I often notice that the "visual" energy will change to reflect the color of the particular chakra with which I am working.

Once I feel balanced, I relax and work to totally clear the mind of thoughts and let my higher self communicate what it wishes, sometimes in answer to a question. When this happens, it feels like an entire concept or feeling is shared, and then my mind can translate parts of it to words if I wish.

I am curious as to what everyone experiences with regards to meditation as well, as I have not been doing this for very long as of yet.
similar stuff happens when i close my eyes.
(08-13-2010, 05:12 PM)Joseph326 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Steve!

I see a bit of synchronicity here as I was just thinking about how I will flex my schedule to free up a more regular time for meditation each day. So it feels quite fitting to offer feedback on this topic Wink

To start out, I believe each person may have at least a slightly different experience with meditation than another.
That being said, it sounds as if I experience the same "view" as you do.

The energy takes the form of different intensities of color for me, and if I pay attention to it with a clear mind it will form very beautiful shapes and patterns while always remaining in motion.

I normally start out my meditation by spending a few moments focusing on each energy center, attempting to activate and balance each one with loving energy. While doing this, I often notice that the "visual" energy will change to reflect the color of the particular chakra with which I am working.

Once I feel balanced, I relax and work to totally clear the mind of thoughts and let my higher self communicate what it wishes, sometimes in answer to a question. When this happens, it feels like an entire concept or feeling is shared, and then my mind can translate parts of it to words if I wish.

I am curious as to what everyone experiences with regards to meditation as well, as I have not been doing this for very long as of yet.

When you are opening or working with each individual energy center do you use any different sound vibrations like Vam, Lam, Ram, Om etc...?
I find that filling myself with light helps. Each of the colors of the chakras deserves our attention, and of course, white light is the colors joined and unified.

I feel so good when I fill myself with light. Equally, I love filling others with light, and get a palpable sense of helping the Universe when I do so. I particularly recommend doing this late at night when insomnia strikes.
I love meditating with eyes open because I see the walls and floor rippling like waves, and color around everything. Then when I shift, I see everything with greater depth.
I've only recently started meditating, but finding it much easier now that when I have tried in the past.
I've noticed different things, a nice one is sometimes the fuzzys in my eyes have a central point to them. Then all around is symmetrical pattern like a Mandala.

What I wanted to ask is dose anyone else get Tears?
I was meditating the other night and my eyes were flooding with tears, yet there was no associated emotion if that makes sense? Just lots and lots of tears.

I had the same thing a year or two back when I listened to a regression type meditation vid.... lots of tears.
tears possible, i very much think due to the amount of energy/light that the body/spirit handles while increasing the frequency.
Nice thread. I'll add to this topic. Heres what I've encountered while I meditate:

There are a lot of times where I feel a quite a bit of tingling on my forehead, not AT the third eye but around and near the third eye, like a scattering effect of energy floating around there. And then to add to that effect, I also feel tingling under my left eye and right eye. More so on right eye than left eye. And then when all three of those areas are felt together, I can kinda connect the dots and make a rough triangle about those three points.

And then there are those other times when I feel energy leaving the top of my head and going into my head. It feels weird. Like if I could poke into the inner sides of my skull.

And then there are a few other times when I feel "just right." This is when I notice I'm on the spot. I feel a bunch of energy rushing from the center starting a bit lower below the neck all the way up and out of the top of the head. Quite a large rush. So much so that makes me straighten up my neck involuntarily. And I feel all those energy rushing out of my head. I don't think it last more than a minute long. But, yow! what a rush.

Any one else experiencing something similar? Comments/thought?
Hello Chucky Cheese, Yes I have similar experiences to you too,

I also experience a lot what I can only describe as like my head fraying out the edges also tingling going to a point above me sometimes.

When I meditate at the start I visualise energy spiralling round and rising inside me, it's when I get to my heart that the tears start.

I get pain in my forehead threw the day sometimes, it's normally when I need to sit down and be quite... but with 2 little kids that's not really possible. I found some flower remedies that seem to help with the pain I was getting.

I'm new to this Smile Have you been meditating long?
The motions when you close your eyes are the visible effect of your visual neurons relaxing. This is basically what I'm told meditation is about, to inhibit the brain until you are in a state of no thought. They should not be mistaken for energy though. You see the same phenomenon looking up in the sky on a bright day. Only then it's over excitation of your visual neurons.

The Buddhists keep saying to new practitioners about most questions... "Don't worry about that." When we finally sit still long enough to observe and see the subtle motions of our bodies for the first time, we often mistake them for big events.

The ego clings to matter again and tries to convince us we've escaped it's grasp.. See, I'm free I can see this energy now.

There's a whole circus of events we go through when relaxing. Not that I'm a first grade practitioner. I just can't seem to get it right. But I do know neurology. (Beware the purple flashes, they be dragons! Tongue )

Oh and this link might be useful to you guys. I hear it's good.
http://www.audiodharma.org/series/1/talk/1762/
I'm not sure who said it, but to paraphrase, "The mind is like a monkey, running here and there without control over its actions. The act of meditation teaches the monkey to be still".

I never focus on the colors. That's a waste of time. Focus on the stages of breath, in, pause, out, pause.
Thanks for thank link Ali Quadir Smile

I love your quote Peregrinus Smile

I wonder if at the start just becoming quietly mindful of your body in what ever way works at least stops the trail of head jumble a little.

For example when my 3 year old little girl is non stop talking and giving me a running commentary of her head jumble.
Telling her to close her eyes and tell me what colours she sees at least seems to slow her thoughts and tongue down for a time Wink
The waves just ened up coming after a few mintues...it is really once i feel like I am somewhere else even though I can still here my surroundings...I start to feel much more relax like Ii am somewhere but I just cant make out what it looks like.