Bring4th

Full Version: Is it possible for a being to be conscious of how close it is to enlightenment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra said that as an entity progresses, it becomes increasingly able to program its own catalyst. Can a very advanced entity who is not enlightened notice that there is a certain percentage of catalyst that is out of its own control, and with that know how far it is from being enlightened?

Somewhat related: since a large percentage of Earth's population is still unconscious, does that mean that humanity's collective catalyst is still being programmed by the Logos? Or is all unconscious catalyst at this point completely under the control of negative entities.
(09-20-2017, 09:58 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Ra said that as an entity progresses, it becomes increasingly able to program its own catalyst. Can a very advanced entity who is not enlightened notice that there is a certain percentage of catalyst that is out of its own control, and with that know how far it is from being enlightened?

I dunno about Ra but since you also read Nisargadatta I want to share what Advaita teachers mention about the subject.
Re thread title: you know you are close to enlightenment when no matter what happens you are in a peaceful and loving state.
From that perspective the question about "programming ones own catalyst" does not make sense.
There will always be catalyst but it is not important what happens anymore, since it is all part of maya, the illusion - for example, Nisagardatta and Ramana both had cancer but remain unswayed.
Imo catalyst is always out of one's control and it is no good to try and control it since that reeks of, duh, control and ultimately also fear.
Ramana even told his disciples when they were scared that he might die "but where would I go? I am always here"
They were still attached to his bodily form that he had long transcended.
He was the "I AM", the principle behind all manifestation, everlasting infinite neverending, he knew that he was never born and would never die, so what was there to fear?
(09-21-2017, 07:38 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2017, 09:58 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Ra said that as an entity progresses, it becomes increasingly able to program its own catalyst. Can a very advanced entity who is not enlightened notice that there is a certain percentage of catalyst that is out of its own control, and with that know how far it is from being enlightened?

There will always be catalyst but it is not important what happens anymore, since it is all part of maya, the illusion - for example, Nisagardatta and Ramana both had cancer but remain unswayed.
Imo catalyst is always out of one's control and it is no good to try and control it since that reeks of, duh, control and ultimately also fear.

I really like what you have to say JayCee! Catalyst can be said to be out of our control. There's a lot to say about that. This concept is shown in the archetypes of the Tarot, of mind: The Empress.

Quote:93.8 Questioner: There seems to be no large hint of polarity in this drawing except for the possible coloration of the many cups in the wheel. Part of them are colored black and part of the cup is white. Would this indicate that each experience has within it a possible negative or positive use of that experience that is randomly generated by this seeming wheel of fortune?
Ra: I am Ra. Your supposition is thoughtful. However, it is based upon an addition to the concept complex which is astrological in origin. Therefore, we request that you retain the concept of polarity but release the cups from their strictured form. The element you deal with is not in motion in its original form but is indeed the abiding sun which, from the spirit, shines in protection over all catalyst available from the beginning of complexity to the discerning mind/body/spirit complex.

Indeed you may, rather, find polarity expressed, firstly, by the many opportunities offered in the material illusion which is imaged by the not-white and not-dark square upon which the entity of the image is seated, secondly, upon the position of that seated entity. It does not meet opportunity straight on but glances off to one side or another. In the image you will note a suggestion that the offering of the illusion will often seem to suggest the opportunities lying upon the left-hand path or, as you might refer to it more simply, the service-to-self path. This is a portion of the nature of the Catalyst of the Mind.

Quote:93.10 Questioner: The bird, I am guessing, might be a messenger, the two paths depicted by the position of the wings, bringing catalyst which could be used to polarize on either path. Is this in any way correct?
Ra: I am Ra. It is a correct perception that the position of the wingèd creature is significant. The more correct perception of this entity and its significance is the realization that the mind/body/spirit complex is, having made contact with its potentiated self, now beginning its flight towards that great Logos which is that which is sought by the adept.

Further, the nature of the wingèd creature is echoed both by the female holding it and the symbol of the female upon which the figure’s feet rest; that is, the nature of catalyst is overwhelmingly of an unconsciousness, coming from that which is not of the mind and which has no connection with the intellect, as you call it, which precedes or is concomitant with catalytic action. All uses of catalyst by the mind are those consciously applied to catalyst. Without conscious intent the use of catalyst is never processed through mentation, ideation, and imagination.
(09-21-2017, 07:38 AM)JayCee Wrote: [ -> ]Re thread title: you know you are close to enlightenment when no matter what happens you are in a peaceful and loving state.

Agreed: in other words when, as those of Ra say, your reaction to any given situation is love.

I also am starting to think that love is such a rich and nuanced force that it encompasses a lot of things that we normally see as less than pleasant.  For example, sorrow, as Hatonn describes in this excerpt:

Hatonn Wrote:Do you feel any other emotions besides love? Do you ever feel angry?

We feel an emotion besides love, but it is not anger. We feel an immense sorrow, a grief. We grieve for your peoples. You are not the first civilization that has approached annihilation on a planetary level, but there are not many of you. We grieve because you are separated, and we yearn and wish and hope that we can help you become one within yourselves, with love. We grieve as parents grieve when their children are unhappy, wanting to give them happiness but not knowing how. We grieve at your nations, that they are hostile to each other. For ours is a vibration of love, and when there is love there is sadness, sadness for those who do not know love; and this emotion we feel.

We speak only for the vibration of Hatonn. You must understand that we are one of many, many civilizations which make up the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator. We are, shall we say, among them, not at the greatest of vibrations. Indeed, the one known to you as Latwii, and the one known to you as Telonn, are both of a light vibration which is much higher and much more full of joy than our own. And in their messages there could never be any grief. But we have not yet reached their wisdom, and we vibrate in love. Thus, we feel sadness, and we reach out to you in both love and sadness. And when you accept our love and your own sadness as a people diminishes slightly, then we feel great joy; and when you wish to fight among yourselves, then we are sad again.

We need to be prepared for the dimension of love that causes pain, I feel.  So all of this is to say that, although love would be an indicator of enlightenment, I think a profound transformation of our understanding of love would accompany that.  Willingness to feel deeply will help us apprehend, process, and balance catalyst instead of being trapped by our desire to escape it.

Thanks for inspiring these thoughts, JayCee, really appreciated your perspective as well as all the others here.

I make no claims to be an authority on the subject, but I will share what I have learned: the answer is yes. Roughly speaking.

But there is another side to this which is: the closer you get to enlightenment, the less desire you have to control catalyst because it is all seen as "perfection". You develop the ability to create your reality absolutely, but you feel no need to. Jesus Christ himself could have used the power of intelligent infinity to stop himself from being crucified, but felt no need to use the power to change his fate. He saw that all was well, even though it certainly didn't look like it to all outward observers.

(09-20-2017, 09:58 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhat related: since a large percentage of Earth's population is still unconscious, does that mean that humanity's collective catalyst is still being programmed by the Logos? Or is all unconscious catalyst at this point completely under the control of negative entities.

Negative entities create reality through unconsciousness, positive entities create their realities through consciousness. Negative entities do this by lowering the consciousness of others through fear and intimidation, getting you to believe their lies (which is like eating your consciousness or spirit because when you believe a lie, your consciousness has been reduced). Believing the lie, you become subject to the reality they have created for you to serve themselves.

Positive entities try to make you aware that you are creating your reality, and that the more awake you become, the more freedom you have to embrace whatever it is you might see as a desirable conscious experience.

Nice questions Sjel. I love that you ask questions. So many people don't. Without the asking, there can be no answering. At least, not from positive entities. :3
(09-20-2017, 09:58 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhat related: since a large percentage of Earth's population is still unconscious, does that mean that humanity's collective catalyst is still being programmed by the Logos?

I realized I did not completely answer this question.

Yes, the fact that a large percentage of earth is unconscious, does mean that a lot of the catalyst of earth's population is programmed somewhat randomly by the Logos, and their Higher Selves. The Logos offers its more broad refinements on experience, and the Higher Self offers the more nuanced catalyst it sees as having the most probability of sparking a higher degree of consciousness.
Each 3d entity has a higher self in 6d, which belongs to a social memory complex in 6d. Higher self has a totality in 7d, which is again a part of a smc's totality in 7d.

For 3d entities who are not aware yet, higher selves program catalyst.

Ra explains that logos provides the means and tools for experience. It does not individually program catalysts for entities.
If it's on your mind you're not there yet.
Anagogy, you make an important point! The difference between control and acceptance. The positive path seeks to accept ever more, while the service to self path seeks to control all catalyst and distortion.
(09-21-2017, 04:26 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2017, 09:58 PM)sjel Wrote: [ -> ]Can a very advanced entity who is not enlightened notice that there is a certain percentage of catalyst that is out of its own control, and with that know how far it is from being enlightened?

I make no claims to be an authority on the subject, but I will share what I have learned: the answer is yes. Roughly speaking.

Does the Logos know how close an entity is to enlightenment? Is there any cosmic being that knows how close an entity is to detaching from ego identity? Does the Higher Self know? Or can it only estimate? Is it a complete surprise to the universe when an entity sheds its ego spontaneously?