Bring4th

Full Version: I AM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The Father instilled within us thoughts in the beginning, and we have but to go within and reveal the answers to ourselves. This is not easily done. It comes with patience and practice. Patience is a great asset in getting to know the Father. Learn patience and grow into the love of the Father."

~Tuesday, March 10, 1959, Channeling of Latwii from The Brown Notebook, Copyright © 2008 Walt Rogers

In meditation this weekend, I chose to focus on being one with the One Infinite Creator as I have done in the past. Formerly, I have not received a response and finished my meditations in silence. This time, however, was different. The response was: "I AM." Nothing more. As I read the newly discovered book (to me) The Brown Notebook, I felt the above mentioned paragraph was quite fitting. This journey we call seeking is certainly not easily done, and has taken years of patience and practice. I AM on my way.

Peace, love and happiness to you all.
Thanks for sharing that! I hope you'll continue to share any nuggets of wisdom and experiences as you go through that document.
(10-02-2017, 09:10 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for sharing that! I hope you'll continue to share any nuggets of wisdom and experiences as you go through that document.

I like this one too. Many people are unaware of how their thoughts affect the world on which we live.

"Thought, my brother, is very important. It is through thought that we create. The Father created everything in the beginning through thought. Thoughts from the Father is the creation. Thought is all there is in the Father's creation. You are a thought of the Father. That is, the real you is a thought of the Father. You were given the power of thought in the beginning. Your thoughts are the creation, as you see it around you. As you think, so is your creation."

~ Friday, April 3, 1959 Channeling of Hatonn from The Brown Notebook Copyright © 2008 Walt Rogers

If you really think about this one, you will see how powerful your thoughts are. The world has been changed for the worse, in part, by the many thoughts of the collective consciousness of the peoples of Earth. If you notice a negative thought, reframe it into a positive one. Very important.
My own world has gotten like 10X better since I changed a few things. Still have some things going on, but it's ok. I've learned to let it all be ok.
Good find! Thought is really the one thing we have absolute control over. We can't control our emotions. We can't control the outside world. Sometimes we even have limited control over the physical realization of the body. But we are utterly sovereign over our thoughts; the frontier truly is there, especially to the extent that it is thought that creates blockages in the first place.

I read session 49 or 50 recently, which discusses how adepthood is largely defined by the ability to hold a single thought or visualization for minutes at a time. Even after 2 years of daily meditation, I'm not capable of doing that. I would say, however, that I think I appreciate why that would be so valuable now. Meditation is a constant exercise in forgiving myself for a wandering attention span; to be able to simply hold attention on the object of choice is quite a delicious prize. It would mean that I could really train my will on precisely what I choose.

The first step is simply noticing thoughts, though. I think this is where we all begin: we develop an experience of calm and quiet, practicing the stillness of thought. Then all the activity of our daily lives and the way the push and pull reactions out of become more and more obvious.
"The first step is simply noticing thoughts, though."

I agree, you need to take the time to do this. I listen to some channeling on another site that constantly emphasize noticing your thoughts and being positive. One of their suggestions is that when you notice and emotion or thought that is negative, take two deep breaths and center yourself (direct your attention) in/to your heart. I find immediate relief when I do this. They say that it will free you from reaction, judgment and guilt and can slow your heart rate and breath.

I hold thoughts in meditation by continually repeating them in my head if my mind starts to wander. Not sure if it qualifies as what they term 'adepthood', but I like to think that I'm training my mind that way. I learned recently to take two deep breaths and center myself in my heart before I start my meditation and then imagine myself in a neutral place. I can actually feel myself go there inside. It seems to aid my meditation and help me to stay on whatever thought I wish to concentrate on. If you don't already do this, you might give it a try.

Peace, love and happiness!