Bring4th

Full Version: diving into the unknown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one thing for sure in these times is uncertainty. it seems like life
can throw us twists and turns out of the blue. i believe we make it a lot
easier when we let go and trust. none of us know for sure exactly what is
coming, we all have feelings, but we dont know for sure. i am convinced
that there is a benign force working in everyone's life and if we trust it
it will lead us into the most beneficial place for us. prayer and meditation
help to tap into this force and faith gives it room to act in our lives.
bottom line we have everything we need to succeed and trust is the
key that opens the door for us

norral
I was at a university a week ago looking to get in for fall courses (which eventually we figured out I was too late for). Speaking with a counsellor on what direction I desired to go, it came down to two choices. I took out a coin, tossed it, and came to my decision. She looked at me, amazed, and said "Are you sure you want to choose from a coin toss"? I replied "Sure. I've made all my major life decisions like that". She shook her head, but she had not seen the coin result.

It is easy to make a decision with a coin toss, but rather than listen to the coin, I listen to my intuition (my heart). If say, I said "course 1 heads, course 2 tails", then flipped the coin, and it landed on... let us in this instance say heads. Immediately upon seeing this, one will feel happy or unhappy for the result. If one is happy, the coin has shown what you want in the heart, and vice versa. One can then base their decision on their heart, not the coin.

Always go where your heart leads you, for there you can never go wrong Smile
Excellent post Peregrinus. I'd seen that tip before but had forgotten about it, gonna write it down Smile

To start what I want to write in this post, I'll start with an excerpt from the book Satiristas that I read a couple hours ago.

Paul Provenza and Dan Dion Wrote:In the strictest, ancient-Greek-rules-of-drama-and-poetry sense of the word, [satire is] defined as - and I'm paraphrasing here, because it's all really ancient Greek to me - mocking a point of view by embracing it so fully as to allow its absurdity to become self-evident.

And now a story! Yay story time :p

A brief history before I start - since about halfway through my last trip on MDMA/pot, every time I've done any drug, I've had very bad experiences. I'm not sure if it's my mindstate or a greeting, or whatever, but that's the way it is. The most recent time I smoked pot was about 5 days ago, and my friend hadn't seen Inception before. I'd seen it once before so I figured it'd be cool to smoke and watch it a little bit baked.

The movie was due to start at 9:50, so my friends and I smoked around 9:00 and immediately my bad trip set in. The event that started it this time, because it wasn't actually just the act of smoking that kicked off the bad trip, was my friend calling me a b**** for refusing to take more than one hit of his bong (I'm a lightweight). Another brief history - he's sort of an abusive person, he likes to call everyone names without regard to consequences, even his parents, especially me (working on it!)... back to the story.

The comment kicked off the general bad trip I've been having every time since the MDMA trip - a refusal to accept reality and a near-paralytic, ceaseless (for the duration of the trip) fear of the remotest "bad" possibilities. The effects of the fear effect on the physical level - (cold) sweating, shaking, shifty eyes, adrenaline, delusional behavior and a stoppage of conscious perception of space/time / the illusion (when not doing things like going places; Sitting = lost in daymares)

LOOOOOONG story short, the fear/paranoia of the trip lasted until the end of the movie around 1am (we decided to see the 10:30 showing instead), and the fight/flight response had lasted the entire time. I felt completely drained when I got home and ate probably 1000-1500 calories because of feelings that bordered on starvation; I was so hungry I was panicking. The next day was a hangover of sorts - my "energy" (and I don't use that word often, not much for energy work) body was running on fumes, and the drainage on my physical body had manifested as an inability to do any physical work harder than walking and any mental work harder than light conversation. I had to take the entire day off of anything except lying around, sitting at the computer, and napping.

Before someone says "cool story bro," I'd like first to explain how the quote relates to my story and norral's post. I feel that the words of the quote parallel what the feeling of what I'm trying to get across here: By having such an extreme example of unwillingness to accept reality as it is, go with the flow, embrace fourth density ideals, etc, I've attempted to show, via storytelling 'round the campfire, the embracing of an idea so fully as to allow its absurdity to become self-evident.

Or, put another way, and this is, best put, how it relates to norral's post, I agree deeply with what norral's said. Take my story as an example - obviously these sorts of experiences don't happen often, but even just a minor nonacceptance of any situation has proportionate harmful effects. By going with the flow, letting go, and trusting, we lead ourselves into a most beneficial place.

Just my two cents Angel

Love and Light Heart
hi pere

ha ha that is quite ingenious. i never thought of doing that but
you're right following the heart will not lead you astray.

peace
norral
norral, as usual I love the way you put it.
Between this thread and your pakistan thread, it seems that there is currently some conflict between your heart's spiritual optimism, and your mind trying to figure out how to make sense of the problems around the world.
P, ingenious way to bring inner desires right to the surface with a binary choice.
Josh, I don't have any comment about your drug trip, but with that book's perspective on satire I'd like you to consider how that relates to my latest comment in your self-esteem thread.