Bring4th

Full Version: Doing the work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive recently decided to develop my consciousness using the tarot archetypes.

The pattern Ive used to understand each card is like this:
I write down each and every symbol on the card. For example in the magician, I wrote down:
-bird
-cage
-Male
-looking to right
-robe
-coin
-etc...

Then, after writing down each element, I then proceed to ask myself "what does this element mean to ME metaphysically?". For example, Male represents giving/consciousness, cage represents restriction, etc.

Then I try to see how each element is being used in the image. Like how the bird is trapped in the cage, or how the magician is holding the wand/crystal ball, making sure to write all of what I think.

What I right down may be different from what another may write down and I think thats one of the biggest reasons why these images are images and not a manual. If all these things were written down plainly, then there would be no free will of the person and thus no uniqueness. By making these images something that needs to be interpreted, it means that its vague and up to the interpreter to consciously understand what it means to them. It also transcends time, so long as a symbol doesnt wildy change within a given length of time (like, if male went from consciousness and transmuted over time to unconsciousness metaphysically).

Once all this is understood, I then try to apply it to the overarching meaning. Meaning, the magician archaetype represents the Matrix of the Mind. I apply all of what Ive written and interpret it in the context of the Matrix of the Mind. I ask myself: what do all these symbols and relationships mean to my minds' matrix? What does this mean for me in my daily life?

All in all, its a lot of work. Each step along the way is easy, each interpretation by itself is easy and may take max of 2 minutes each, but its the repetition that matters. The determination to stick with it even though there is much work.
(10-14-2017, 08:59 PM)Lyok0 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive recently decided to develop my consciousness using the tarot archetypes.

The pattern Ive used to understand each card is like this:
I write down each and every symbol on the card. For example in the magician, I wrote down:
-bird
-cage
-Male
-looking to right
-robe
-coin
-etc...

Then, after writing down each element, I then proceed to ask myself "what does this element mean to ME metaphysically?". For example, Male represents giving/consciousness, cage represents restriction, etc.

Then I try to see how each element is being used in the image. Like how the bird is trapped in the cage, or how the magician is holding the wand/crystal ball, making sure to write all of what I think.

What I right down may be different from what another may write down and I think thats one of the biggest reasons why these images are images and not a manual. If all these things were written down plainly, then there would be no free will of the person and thus no uniqueness. By making these images something that needs to be interpreted, it means that its vague and up to the interpreter to consciously understand what it means to them. It also transcends time, so long as a symbol doesnt wildy change within a given length of time (like, if male went from consciousness and transmuted over time to unconsciousness metaphysically).

Once all this is understood, I then try to apply it to the overarching meaning. Meaning, the magician archaetype represents the Matrix of the Mind. I apply all of what Ive written and interpret it in the context of the Matrix of the Mind. I ask myself: what do all these symbols and relationships mean to my minds' matrix? What does this mean for me in my daily life?

All in all, its a lot of work. Each step along the way is easy, each interpretation by itself is easy and may take max of 2 minutes each, but its the repetition that matters. The determination to stick with it even though there is much work.

Certainly, each card is a "concept complex". Breaking down the elements of the card is valuable. Doing so one may lose sight of the synergistic information. If each card is considered in isolation synergistic interactions between cards are lost as well.

The way one learns is based on one's ability. Each has his own variant upon seeking the truth.

There is a plausibility factor when thoughts arise of correspondences. To insist upon congruence (Ra said something along this lines) of concepts is stifling. On the other hand it must enriches and articulates the map.

Since the map (distorted) already exists and as you have surmise, it (map) must be assimilated to the navigating seeker's consciousness.

The study of the tarot should be commensurate with the healing disciplines outlined by Ra. The purpose of the tarot is to develop the self of the seeker. It's very easy to lose sight of this when one becomes able to evoke the images simultaneously understanding how the collective psyche is effected. This is the danger.