Bring4th

Full Version: A good Personality Type Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was the most definitive and clear test I have taken to help me identify my personality type.
It's part of a class I am taking.
I used to be on the edge between completely different types, and was never clear as other tests were never clear enough.
But this one left a wide margin using totals to make me sure.

I am an INFP, otherwise known as the Dreamer.

I used to think I was an INTJ. But now I realize that I am pretty sensitive. And I perceive things more than judge them.

I'm going to research now what that personality type means.

It has like 70 questions with 2 answers each, but only took me like 10-15 mins to complete.

[attachment=1651]
I took that test once in therapy last year... I'm INTJ, which is pretty spot on RollEyes

It wasn't the one on the website, but a pen and paper version...it might've been a bit older, I'm not sure.
I took the test and I got: INFJ.

I’m reading the description for it, and yeah this is totally me.

Reading this description is also a synchronicity... I’ve been asking Guidance what is my direction for career. In regards to career, I am a late bloomer. I’ve begun to discern my strengths and gifts and experiences are best suited for counseling. This personality type is called “the councilor” by one of the creators.
So, I thank you for creating this thread and sharing the test! It’s amazing how the universe responds back to you.
(11-07-2017, 09:54 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I took the test and I got: INFJ.

Reading this description is also a synchronicity... I’ve been asking Guidance what is my direction for career. In regards to career, I am a late bloomer. I’ve begun to discern my strengths and gifts and experiences are best suited for counseling. This personality type is called “the councilor” by one of the creators.
So, I thank you for creating this thread and sharing the test! It’s amazing how the universe responds back to you.

Yeah, some of the answers I was like on the borderline about. But the overall total being such a big difference in the numbers makes it clear.

There's a test out there with twice as many questions, or so I heard, but I think this one is really good.
It would be interesting to see what others get as well! Are there any extrovert spiritual seekers here? I’m sure there are..

Another thing I noticed with this test is that it echos aspects of my natal astrological birth chart. For example, I have Saturn in the 11th house of friendships and humanitarianism. This means that one has a small circle of very close and deep friends, rather than many acquaintances that aren’t of a deep relation.
(10-24-2017, 03:40 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]This was the most definitive and clear test I have taken to help me identify my personality type.
I used to be on the edge between completely different types, and was never clear as other tests were never clear enough.

I used to think I was an INTJ. But now I realize that I am pretty sensitive. And I perceive things more than judge them.

It has like 70 questions with 2 answers each, but only took me like 10-15 mins to complete.

I have taken these types of tests before and have an extreme aversion to them because of the bias' that they present. I have an extremely difficult time controlling my response because I begin to answer in the way I "want" to be perceived instead of how I really am.

I have answered this test to discover that I am INTJ, emphasis on the J, whatever that means. After reading the profile analysis of my type of personality, I am compelled to agree. This profile is extremely accurate.

I found it here: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

I greet you in the love and the light of one infinite Creator.
(11-07-2017, 09:54 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I took the test and I got: INFJ.

same
(10-24-2017, 03:40 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]This was the most definitive and clear test I have taken to help me identify my personality type.

Myers Briggs test check it out. You may have to pay for it Idk.
This site has a free online version of the MB personality test and good explanations of each type: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Interestingly I took this back in college, got INTJ, and thought it was spot on. Takingnit today, I get INFP, and I think that’s pretty accurate for where I am now. I’ve done a lot of work integrating my feelings and overcoming emotional stumbling blocks and it’s nice to see that these things can be fluid.
I am INFJ too, it's really fun test ! BigSmile
(05-11-2019, 03:09 PM)Merrick Wrote: [ -> ]This site has a free online version of the MB personality test and good explanations of each type: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Interestingly I took this back in college, got INTJ, and thought it was spot on. Takingnit today, I get INFP, and I think that’s pretty accurate for where I am now. I’ve done a lot of work integrating my feelings and overcoming emotional stumbling blocks and it’s nice to see that these things can be fluid.

Same here, I remember doing this test in high school and getting INTJ now I always get INFP when I take it.
INFP though I wouldn’t say I’m an extreme introvert.
35% extrovert 65% introvert.

I talk to people everywhere I go, I just need to rest and s.t.h.u for a while between social doses. Smile
Ahh still a thumbnail.
It's legible if you click. Smile
[attachment=1759]
(05-14-2019, 05:57 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh still a thumbnail.
It's legible if you click. Smile

BigSmile
(12-28-2017, 10:58 AM)Billz Wrote: [ -> ]

I have taken these types of tests before and have an extreme aversion to them because of the bias' that they present.  I have an extremely difficult time controlling my response because I begin to answer in the way I "want" to be perceived instead of how I really am.  

I have answered this test to discover that I am INTJ, emphasis on the J, whatever that means.  After reading the profile analysis of my type of personality, I am compelled to agree.  This profile is extremely accurate.

I found it here: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

I greet you in the love and the light of one infinite Creator.

"J" stands for judging but not like judgemental type judging. I think highly organized thought patterns. But you can go to Personality Junkies and read more on the J's. Anything with an I and a J are basic weirdos, like myself. Enjoy being a weirdo now! Nah I love being an INFJ but yeah, I'm a bit odd.
Thanks Kristina it is so nice to be called a weirdo when you think yourself as so ordinary BigSmile BigSmile
you make my day girl BigSmile
I’ve definitely been described “weird”. I used to try and fit in when I was a teen, but when I was a kid I was fully myself, “weird”. I love that about myself now. I think my mom actually saved some of the short stories I wrote when I was in first grade! I’m going to have to ask her for them so I can read them. I was very imaginative. I wrote something about monkeys on the sun but one of my teachers was the boring type and said “monkeys can’t live on the sun”. I think that was something that hampered my creativity...

Anyway I’m glad to have met y’all. People like us are all over the place but our personality type (INFJ) is more rare than most. I understand it to be intuitive sensing and extroverted feeling, which seems to me to be a nice balance.

This article from Personality Junkies (thank you kristina) is spot on describing INFJs:
https://personalityjunkie.com/02/infj-3-...-theorist/
(05-15-2019, 08:21 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve definitely been described “weird”. I used to try and fit in when I was a teen, but when I was a kid I was fully myself, “weird”. I love that about myself now. I think my mom actually saved some of the short stories I wrote when I was in first grade! I’m going to have to ask her for them so I can read them. I was very imaginative. I wrote something about monkeys on the sun but one of my teachers was the boring type and said “monkeys can’t live on the sun”. I think that was something that hampered my creativity...

Anyway I’m glad to have met y’all. People like us are all over the place but our personality type (INFJ) is more rare than most. I understand it to be intuitive sensing and extroverted feeling, which seems to me to be a nice balance.

This article from Personality Junkies (thank you kristina) is spot on describing INFJs:
https://personalityjunkie.com/02/infj-3-...-theorist/
Regarding monkeys on the sun..... LOL! I literally laughed when I read that. How adorable! And your boring teacher....typical response, right?
I think INFJ's try really hard to look like they're normal and they just are not (by the standard set by society). It is a common theme to try to fit in to no avail. It only leads us to unhappiness and an inner lonliness, and sometimes self blame. Until one day you go...."Wait a minute!!!!! I like being me and not THEM!!!!" Then we explore the weirdness and get locked into our inner creativeness. Now, being an INFJ we are always loving our time alone and feel the lonliness of the entire world. And that is an aspect that we must balance I feel. We do this by having conversations with ourselves about the state of disarray the world is in; LOL!  BigSmile  Tongue
OK. This is very interesting and I really love the monkeys on the sun....tee hee made me laugh.
When I was young (less than 10) I wrote a small story called the Big Adventure Cat where milk flowed out of the taps instead of water. I don't remember much else, but I had left that story I wrote by hand at a gym, and it was gone.
(05-15-2019, 12:08 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I was young (less than 10) I wrote a small story called the Big Adventure Cat where milk flowed out of the taps instead of water. I don't remember much else, but I had left that story I wrote by hand at a gym, and it was gone.

Precious. Our imagination is priceless. We use when we are creating and we use it for playfulness just as we did when we were children writing stories of monkeys on the sun and cats that can drink from taps. I love it!
It seems like no matter what test I do I always get INFP, so it must work. We are personality twinsies! It is a rare type supposedly.
Thanks, that was insightful.  I came out an ENFJ.  I used this https://www.truity.com for the interpretation as I wasn't familiar with this kind of test.
I always come out an INTJ, but I wanted to chime in on the childhood story writing and keep that going. The one I remember isn't as imaginative as monkeys on the sun or cats and milk taps (both so awesome). I wrote it in first or second grade. It was about a child who befriended a dragon. No one else knew about the dragon, and the child would meet him behind a shed away from all the houses. That's all I can remember since it was so long ago, but that much is vivid—as though I can see in my mind what the child-me saw when I wrote it—the child, the dragon, the landscape, etc. 
https://www.16personalities.com/

this works surprisingly well if you are honest and you are aware of your characteristics.
(06-12-2019, 11:43 AM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I always come out an INTJ, but I wanted to chime in on the childhood story writing and keep that going. The one I remember isn't as imaginative as monkeys on the sun or cats and milk taps (both so awesome). I wrote it in first or second grade. It was about a child who befriended a dragon. No one else knew about the dragon, and the child would meet him behind a shed away from all the houses. That's all I can remember since it was so long ago, but that much is vivid—as though I can see in my mind what the child-me saw when I wrote it—the child, the dragon, the landscape, etc. 

I don't have a story that I wrote about Dragon friends, Cat milk taps or Monkeys on the sun....But when I was little I would day dream about being Cinderella but instead of a ball we had a dress contest and I would be the prettiest because a fairy, some mice and a few little birdies helped with my dress.
Diana, what did your dragon look like? Every little kid could use a dragon friend. Well, then again....any cat would love milk taps and why wouldn't a monkey want to go where is super warm? OMG! Those are so cute. God I'm so boring. BigSmile
(06-12-2019, 02:36 PM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]But when I was little I would day dream about being Cinderella but instead of a ball we had a dress contest and I would be the prettiest because a fairy, some mice and a few little birdies helped with my dress.

Heart

(06-12-2019, 02:36 PM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]Diana, what did your dragon look like?

The dragon was about 7 or 8 feet tall. More rounded than scary, and very friendly. I do think I may have been creating a "protecting" figure in the dragon, and yes, all children would want that. Smile
Puff the Magic Dragon is one of my favorite songs. And Pete's Dragon the movie was where I first learned about Mickey Rooney. I love the way he acts in that.
(06-12-2019, 03:55 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Puff the Magic Dragon is one of my favorite songs. And Pete's Dragon the movie was where I first learned about Mickey Rooney. I love the way he acts in that.

BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile BigSmile
I have tested for both INFP and ENFP. They say ENFP is the most introverted of the extraverts so yeah could be haha

there are other interesting tests too. Jung archtypes, astrology..
i like to see how they all contribute and more