Bring4th

Full Version: Tetris rocks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I discovered b4's latest feature to help me explore the nature of balancing incoming catalyst. YAY! BigSmile
I like the green, four-blocked pieces. Wink Maybe we should make a Universal Tetris game with one-block red pieces, two-block orange, and so on and so forth... That might be hard to play though! lol
Ha! By the time we get to Ra's level we will need a bigger grid to land the UFO.

Brittany

I have a tetris addiction. I could play it for hours and hours.
After I graduated from college, I spent a couple of weeks unwinding from anything stress related. I spent a good part of that time drinking espresso and playing Tetris on the NES. There comes a point on level 8 where all blocks meld in to a singularity, and ones eyes glaze over in a Zen like fashion. Fingers, mercilessly and intricately working the controller. Time slows. Joy soars. This is the way of the Tetris master.

Wink

Edit: I found this old screen shot on my hard drive..
[Image: tetrishighscoremar92009.jpg]
Hear me roar. Raaaar!
Where's the Tetris? I wanna play...Confused
Glad you guys like it!

Gary and I were talking about how to make the landing page a little more spunky, and Tetris was clearly the answer!

How about we do something fun with it?

I think it's time we have a little "mini" competition in good cheer and post screen shots of our high scores! But the only rule is to make sure we post screen shots showing scores that are higher than the currently posted high score, and that the screen shots are from this Tetris game on Bring4th, so the competition is fair.

You can access the game here:

http://bring4th.org/gosocial/

Here's the thing, we don't want to bog down the Bring4th server with a stack of old screen shots. So if anyone posts scores below the current high score, then those attachments will get deleted. Only screens that best the previously posted high score will be allowed. Thanks for your understanding with that request.

I'm actually in the mood to play right now, so maybe I'll be the first to attach a screen shot. :-)

Quote:(If you are using Windows and want to capture your screen, you can do it by hitting the "Prnt Scrn" key on your keyboard, and then opening up "paint", that is in your Programs, and then Accessories folder. Once paint is open, you can "Paste" by hitting Ctrl-V, or Right click the canvas and select Paste from the popup menu.)

For Mac, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (That is, unless you have another application to capture images, then you might have already re-assigned your hot-key)

Good luck, Tetris fans! :-)
Steve
Distractions... lol. Go and meditate you guys (and ladies) !!!
Ok, so here's a little something to start us off. :-)

[attachment=212]
(08-28-2010, 11:52 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Distractions... lol. Go and meditate you guys (and ladies) !!!

Boy, Peregrinus, where's the "rain on my parade" icon! BigSmile

I'm sure most of us do meditate a good deal! So a couple of games to relax and build some good cheer amongst each other couldn't hurt once in a while, right?

Keeping things light,
Steve
Lol Steve, I guess I forgot to put the :p smiley in there. My bad, sorry brother. You know me, all adept, no play :/ lol so little time, so little time... 845 days... I count every day....

Yes, having fun is important for the spirit. Much better to have a mindless game such as Tetris than any one of the many negative games in the world Smile A couple of games? It seems to me that maybe you can log how many hours people play? Could you post the longest time if so? and a total of how many hours have been wasted in total? :p

I can say nought. I've wasted enough of this life on video games.... have fun ladies and gents Smile
(08-29-2010, 01:04 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]I can say nought. I've wasted enough of this life on video games.... have fun ladies and gents Smile

Actually I've found such things as this serve me well for a meditation, of a sort. I find myself focused and yet not thinking of anything in particular, or at least of very much. The same thing happens when I'm washing pots and pans at the sink, or driving my commute to and from work. I guess there's no such thing as a non-spiritual activity. Tongue