Bring4th

Full Version: We came here to serve but most of us have no idea how we are to be serving.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today an epiphany hit me.

It was yet another day of being blown away by how hurt the worlds population is.
Yet another day in my not mental health related field where someone who has it all and has worn the mask to show it for years has a melt down and needs my ear/compassion/nonjudgmental/care/understanding/love.

I work in the animal care industry, yet my masks are few and I expose my heart to people enough that eventually people open up.
The world may not be a mental hospital but it is full of people in need of healing. The healing they need is from fear/judgement/lack of love and it manifests in so many ways. Addiction, depression, self harming, narcissism, suicidal tendencies, personality disorders, extreme busyness, fear of rejection, shame, self rejection, you name it, 100% is suffering from something.

Even those whos' lives look like tv and movies underneath lurks a wound they let almost no one see.

We sit here also effected by many of those things but we know we came here to serve, so how do we serve.
We heal ourselves, we be unapologetically ourselves, we hold a space where people feel safe admitting their wounds and also being themselves. Even if they have that for 2-20 minutes it is a rest.

I had all this other stuff to say but the truth is we are wounded in ways that once healed will give us insight so we can offer more complete understanding/love and compassion to others. Even if that service is just holding the door for someone or allowing them to break down on your shoulder and never mentioning it again.

You are not wounded making you defective you are wounded so once healed or even on your journey to health you can be a better healer just by offering your company. We are spread into so many different areas that there are not large groups to offer us in person nurishment and care but perhaps that is so we would not just gather in those happy loving groups but be somewhat forced to stretch out our hands and hearts to those who we would avoid otherwise.

Maybe this is silly, seems so logical though, send helpers into the world spread out so the can shine light on all areas, all nations, income brackets, then once they are effected by the energy/lack of love and have grown sick, let them heal themselves so they can reach out with that knowledge(light) and offer others the space and support to do the same.

little by little it all adds up. just a thought, no preassure
The ones I want to heal with love are in other dimensions of my vibration. This world has enough healers. The world/entities I send love/healing to may not get much at all.

I just intend that my love goes where it's needed and will make a difference.
(11-07-2017, 06:13 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]The ones I want to heal with love are in other dimensions of my vibration. This world has enough healers. The world/entities I send love/healing to may not get much at all.

Or maybe you came from that other dimension to bring their love here, yet first you have to learn to connect back to it to become its living channel.
(11-07-2017, 07:32 PM)Elros Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2017, 06:13 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]The ones I want to heal with love are in other dimensions of my vibration. This world has enough healers. The world/entities I send love/healing to may not get much at all.

Or maybe you came from that other dimension to bring their love here, yet first you have to learn to connect back to it to become it's living channel.

All I know is I love it when I can feel a distinct energy from that other dimension, however rare it is.

Usually it happens when I take another spiritual step. I've made lots of little steps since I started being spiritual. Trying to find myself. But trying to find another to where we can help each other.

I don't always vibrate in love here. At times it is quite difficult. But the little bursts of excitement and love totally overshadow those difficult times.

I just like to feel needed by those I really appreciate.
(11-07-2017, 07:32 PM)Elros Wrote: [ -> ]

Or maybe you came from that other dimension to bring their love here, yet first you have to learn to connect back to it to become its living channel.

I’ve been trying to do that more and more myself. Interesting you’d say that. What other cheat sheet type notes do you have that might help streamline this journey? Smile
You are absolutely right, Glow. We all have parts of our personality that have been distorted away from Love, either in this lifetime, previous lifetimes or both. Everyone carries these wounds - inner critics, self-doubts, bugbears, emotional triggers, congealed sadness or anxiety. Some have so many that it's a miracle they're still alive. Everyone's constantly tripping over their own and other people's wounded egos. So many relationships and marriages end this way - one partner's legitimate comment triggers something in the other and produces strong emotion, which in turn triggers the first partner, and neither one can understand what is happening or why they're fighting. People spend their lives in the service of a wounded inner child who's trying to earn a long-deceased parent's love or avoid their wrath. Our President's infantile need for approval and self-aggrandizement is one obvious example, but, again, literally everyone has these.

I think this is why in the Joshua channelings the key message was to heal ourselves, first and foremost, before trying to fix anything out there.

Recapitulation is one approach to healing, but there are others. Basically, any time we (or the people we interact with) seem to have an emotional reaction out of proportion to the event, it's old stored emotion being triggered, a sign that healing is needed. And it's an amazing fact of this Creation that it can all be healed completely, without any scars.
All of what you says resonates.
I’m going to look for the Joshua channelings.
Thanks for your imput and understanding.
Oops it seems they spell it Jeshua and can be found here: http://www.jeshua.net/

I read the "Essential Jeshua PDF" linked on the left sidebar of the website.

Quote:All of you who are present here or who are reading these words are growing towards a new level of
consciousness. You are seeking to establish an inner foundation of safety and unconditional love for
yourself. You are recreating the feeling tones of the cosmic womb by yourself and for yourself. This is
your mission, your spiritual goal.

You are not here to "fix" other people or mother earth. You are here to heal the deep wounds within
your own being. Please tend to this task and all else will fall into place without any effort on your part.
The earth lives you experience are part of a greater cycle of your soul. This cycle was designed to
enable you to fully experience duality.

Your deepest motive for coming to earth was to come to terms with your own inner darkness, and you
agreed to meet this darkness within yourself as human beings.

You are not here to make the world a better place. You are here to awaken yourself. And yes, when you
do so the world will become a better place, because your light will shine upon it and bring joy and
enlightenment to others as well.

[...]

You are teachers and healers, you do have a mission on earth. But to truly fulfill it, you – paradoxically –
need to let go of that dire need to change things, because your eagerness to do so has an edge of pain
to it, the pain of not feeling at home on earth as it is now.

The real work is to let go of all those bits of ego based fear and illusion that you yourself absorbed so
deeply as a child.
Jeshua Wrote:You are teachers and healers, you do have a mission on earth. But to truly fulfill it, you – paradoxically – need to let go of that dire need to change things, because your eagerness to do so has an edge of pain to it, the pain of not feeling at home on earth as it is now.

The entire excerpt is wonderful, but this strikes home particularly.  It's definitely something I've felt in activism, for instance: that there's so much pain embedded in the work for change that a mere sense of urgency and justice can easily carry a charge of anger and pain that dilutes the potential to call the best out from within each.  We often don't seem to have any concept in activism of actually healing --instead, we can only address our pain through large-scale politics, which of course is hardly going to deliver personal transformation.

If one can really internalize this, one can start to form mental models about how what you're doing, Glow, contributes in a tangible--or at least tangible enough--way to the larger service needed.  Helping our brothers and sisters heal themselves in those small, intimate, unpredictable moments is really the unsung work of activism; it cannot be worn on your sleeve, it does not contribute to a policy outcome, it does not put more food in anybody's bellies.

Sorry to view all of this through the lens of politics, but sometimes I feel like social work and changing the system are the only things that really look like "service" to me, so I struggle with this myself.  I suspect there's something in the non-ego-gratifying nature of this kind of entity-to-entity love that trains us to pay attention to another kind of gratification more centered in unity.  Or perhaps it is conditioning for service without any gratification at all.  Both would be powerful ways to wield love, indeed.
(11-08-2017, 10:52 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]
Jeshua Wrote:You are teachers and healers, you do have a mission on earth. But to truly fulfill it, you – paradoxically – need to let go of that dire need to change things, because your eagerness to do so has an edge of pain to it, the pain of not feeling at home on earth as it is now.

The entire excerpt is wonderful, but this strikes home particularly.  It's definitely something I've felt in activism, for instance: that there's so much pain embedded in the work for change that a mere sense of urgency and justice can easily carry a charge of anger and pain that dilutes the potential to call the best out from within each.  We often don't seem to have any concept in activism of actually healing --instead, we can only address our pain through large-scale politics, which of course is hardly going to deliver personal transformation.

If one can really internalize this, one can start to form mental models about how what you're doing, Glow, contributes in a tangible--or at least tangible enough--way to the larger service needed.  Helping our brothers and sisters heal themselves in those small, intimate, unpredictable moments is really the unsung work of activism; it cannot be worn on your sleeve, it does not contribute to a policy outcome, it does not put more food in anybody's bellies.

Sorry to view all of this through the lens of politics, but sometimes I feel like social work and changing the system are the only things that really look like "service" to me, so I struggle with this myself.  I suspect there's something in the non-ego-gratifying nature of this kind of entity-to-entity love that trains us to pay attention to another kind of gratification more centered in unity.  Or perhaps it is conditioning for service without any gratification at all.  Both would be powerful ways to wield love, indeed.

Its funny you mention that as I just got a glimpse of that light/knowledge last week. I could not have put it into words as well as you have and all typed up it makes so much perfect sense.

I had a session last week where a lingering mother spirit's grief at having left her son, and his grief basically was causing a unstoppable self perpetuating cycle of grief. What they both really felt was love for each other, she stays because of her love(like we do) but because she was grounding that love in grief she was not at all helping the situation or her son. I was told/shown/received the light that we must ground our love here as much as possible in love and gratitude and joy vs those other emotions that are already so plentiful here.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do that as I'm not 100% happy, I still feel like an outsider so loneliness and I feel I still myself get lost in the grief.

What is the balance to that feeling of being on the outside? ....

I wonder too on the activism thing if some wanderers by design have to go into that energy to reach others that carry that pain and help them heal.
I do not carry much anger, I'm really not good at anger, it fizzles like a hot coal thrown in ice water, so I am not very good at healing that.

I learned forgiveness in the womb I think, sadness, anxiety, low self worth, lack of self forgiveness, that s*** I can heal.
One of my best friends(not awake wanderer) is consumed by anger I have no tricks to help other than suggestion of
recapitulation which would only make him angrier so... my wounds cant help him in that area.
I assume everything is needed, either as a lesson, or as a service for healing. My human brain cant calculate it all. lol
Quote:I'm still trying to figure out how to do that as I'm not 100% happy, I still feel like an outsider so loneliness and I feel I still myself get lost in the grief.

Glow, the balance of all other feelings is Love. Close your eyes, focus on the feeling of being outside, and allow it to fully come up to your awareness. Sit with it and simply allow it to be present.

Then, simply find compassionate love for that feeling inside you. Sit with it, just bathing that feeling in love and understanding. Notice how it begins to change and transform.

That is all it takes to heal. Just love.
Quote:I'm still trying to figure out how to do that as I'm not 100% happy, I still feel like an outsider so loneliness and I feel I still myself get lost in the grief.

One of the things that Pema Chödrön has helped me start to wrestle with which I find most rewarding is a way to think about our dissatisfaction with ourselves.  That dissatisfaction, it seems, arises from an ideal that we have created in our minds about the "way it should be".  But perhaps there is no "way it should be".  Sometimes we're happy, sometimes we're sad.  Sometimes we're conflicted, sometimes we're certain.  Sometimes we're lonely, sometimes we're not.  Experience is always a contingent endeavor, it seems like: there's nothing solid and concrete beneath it.  It really, really is an illusion.  Smile

If I understand her correctly, we amplify our suffering by putting this whole expectation on top of it about how we should not be suffering.  I know for me often it is the rejection of my feelings as inappropriate that causes the most pain, not the feeling itself.  It's basically a rejection of reality, in my opinion our childish inability to grow up and accept things as they are and ourselves as we are.  Until we do that, we have all sorts of excuses for deferring real work.

A thought just occurred to me: Chödrön (though I'm certain the Confederation sources have mentioned this, too) talks about treating your life the same way you would a dream.  If you go through something rough in a dream, it might make an impact on you, but you don't worry about that specific scenario in the dream.  Instead, you're trying to look for the meaning behind the dream, what the emotional resonance tells you about yourself and your lessons.  You accept the experience of the dream and seek to learn from it, instead of worrying about the fact that you dreamed it and whether you should or should not have dreamed it.  Seems like good advice for how to approach our waking lives, too!

We want things to always be good and never be bad, even though intellectually we know that's impossible.  That's why, I believe, the heart is so material to this work: because until we touch those tender, wounded places that we don't want our experiences to reach, we will always be looking for something better, instead of what's here right now.

You seem like you have a good sense of yourself, Glow, both who you are and what you have to offer.  The pain and distress that you have experienced in the past, far from being a sign of any failures, is instead the greatest strength you have in order to reach others who are also suffering.  I know you know this, just keeping the conversation going.  Smile
(11-08-2017, 07:53 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]

Glow, the balance of all other feelings is Love.  Close your eyes, focus on the feeling of being outside, and allow it to fully come up to your awareness.  Sit with it and simply allow it to be present.  

Then, simply find compassionate love for that feeling inside you.  Sit with it, just bathing that feeling in love and understanding.  Notice how it begins to change and transform.

That is all it takes to heal.  Just love.

I can totally get with you on this. Its how I am still alive. Wink I find though if my insides tell me a story i don't like, or points out the obvious like this one does I need another also true "story" to intellectually cancel out the first one.

So yeah I may be alone. I have my husband. A few friends who I see infrequently, no other interaction other than here or with clients who are sorta "friend" but not really, no 2 way nurturing or building a bond. Just me providing what I do work wise and catching them when they need a lift spiritually/emotionally.

I can accept that, love through that but it would be nice to have an alternate/equally true narrative.

I'm certainly not tangled in any Karma, and apparently I need not incarnate again but will in 2420 so I'm free in life as i am in my reincarnation cycle but it's also nice to build close bonds... but I guess most bonds build Karma.... so
(11-09-2017, 01:31 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]

One of the things that Pema Chödrön has helped me start to wrestle with which I find most rewarding is a way to think about our dissatisfaction with ourselves.  That dissatisfaction, it seems, arises from an ideal that we have created in our minds about the "way it should be".  But perhaps there is no "way it should be".  Sometimes we're happy, sometimes we're sad.  Sometimes we're conflicted, sometimes we're certain.  Sometimes we're lonely, sometimes we're not.  Experience is always a contingent endeavor, it seems like: there's nothing solid and concrete beneath it.  It really, really is an illusion.  Smile

If I understand her correctly, we amplify our suffering by putting this whole expectation on top of it about how we should not be suffering.  I know for me often it is the rejection of my feelings as inappropriate that causes the most pain, not the feeling itself.  It's basically a rejection of reality, in my opinion our childish inability to grow up and accept things as they are and ourselves as we are.  Until we do that, we have all sorts of excuses for deferring real work.

A thought just occurred to me: Chödrön (though I'm certain the Confederation sources have mentioned this, too) talks about treating your life the same way you would a dream.  If you go through something rough in a dream, it might make an impact on you, but you don't worry about that specific scenario in the dream.  Instead, you're trying to look for the meaning behind the dream, what the emotional resonance tells you about yourself and your lessons.  You accept the experience of the dream and seek to learn from it, instead of worrying about the fact that you dreamed it and whether you should or should not have dreamed it.  Seems like good advice for how to approach our waking lives, too!

We want things to always be good and never be bad, even though intellectually we know that's impossible.  That's why, I believe, the heart is so material to this work: because until we touch those tender, wounded places that we don't want our experiences to reach, we will always be looking for something better, instead of what's here right now.

You seem like you have a good sense of yourself, Glow, both who you are and what you have to offer.  The pain and distress that you have experienced in the past, far from being a sign of any failures, is instead the greatest strength you have in order to reach others who are also suffering.  I know you know this, just keeping the conversation going.  Smile

Im going to have to read some Pema Chödrön stuff. Seems to have lots of wisdom to share. Thanks very much