Bring4th

Full Version: social memory complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one that intrigues me, and I would be interested in your thoughts.

If I remember correctly we are in the (pre-)process of creating for ourselves a social memory complex, but that this, free will and all, will take some time (late 4D?). Is my understanding correct that this would mean the ability to first-hand understand the experiences of others, so that the experience gathered by all will be of use to all? We all take on different roles to play, so that the creator may experience itself, and within the social memory complex we may also get some payback for this division of labor. However, those who choose to graduate otherwise, to take the step to the left, will not be a part of this, so that even when our experience is a result of their and our actions combined, we will not have the whole story. Maybe if we had the whole story the whole polarization thing would deflate, which I guess is the case in late 6D.

Patience is a good thing, eh?

You see, I am still struggling with the memories of an experience where the step to the left meant the quick way out, through the gas and the chimneys. This experience is very collective in its impact, as the toughest catalyst is not at all the personal suffering and death, but the powerless witnessing of the suffering of so many others, especially the children.

Where is that Ra quote? Ah yes:

"Firstly, if there has been the preincarnative choice that, for instance, one shall not take life in the service of the cultural group, events shall fall in a protective manner. Secondly, if any entity is able to dwell completely in unity the only harm that may occur to it is the changing of the outward physical, yellow-ray vehicle into the more light-filled mind/body/spirit complex’s vehicle by the process of death. All other suffering and pain is as nothing to one such as this.

We may note that this perfect configuration of the mind, body, and spirit complexes, while within the third-density vehicle, is extraordinarily rare."

Thank you. I'm not that rare. In fact, I lost my faith in such a way that I was basically born an atheist this time, but have now come full circle: as I started remembering these things, I found faith. Through grief I found light.

Sorry, this got a little more personal and complicated than I had planned, but on the other hand, in a theoretical discussion I find it easier to find a foothold if I know the practical situation which gave rise to the question. Also, this experience is not just mine, it belongs to all of humanity and beyond.

I certainly do not believe that all evil (that which within the human framework would be perceived as evil) acts are perpetrated by STS entities. A lot of it is just a distorted STO within the tribal mind, trying to serve the group rather than the all. But the experience of the true STS is a vital part of all of our experience here, so I guess my question is: once we're off to 4D, will we be completely separated from this, and still unable to understand this part of the experience?

And do I really need to know the answer? Of course not.
(02-05-2009, 07:26 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly we are in the (pre-)process of creating for ourselves a social memory complex, but that this, free will and all, will take some time (late 4D?).

More or less. I go back and forth on whether Ra meant that we were (1) in the process of achieving social memory, or (2) in the process of further developing our existing complex. Either way, it's not too important a distinction, but I do find the idea of social memory as a quantitative change rather than a qualitative one intriguing.

(02-05-2009, 07:26 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]Is my understanding correct that this would mean the ability to first-hand understand the experiences of others, so that the experience gathered by all will be of use to all?

At a certain level of development, yes. I'm not sure mere telepathy is what is so powerful about social memory, though. Ra also mentions being able to access the roots of the planetary or race mind. We would start to discover our collective archetypal heritage that is now only an undercurrent to our incarnate experiences presently. These are deep parts of our collective identity that fly below our individual radars, and having a conscious experience of them would be deeply powerful, I'd think. Social memory is more than the parts knowing each other; it is the whole knowing itself, and the parts recognizing the identity of the whole and their seamless integration in it.

(02-05-2009, 07:26 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]We all take on different roles to play, so that the creator may experience itself, and within the social memory complex we may also get some payback for this division of labor. However, those who choose to graduate otherwise, to take the step to the left, will not be a part of this, so that even when our experience is a result of their and our actions combined, we will not have the whole story. Maybe if we had the whole story the whole polarization thing would deflate, which I guess is the case in late 6D.

Yeah, this is kind of a vague area. My guess is that those who polarize STS do not necessarily leave the complex. Ra does say or hint at some point that the identity gained by participating in an emergent complex stays with the entity even after 3rd density.

(02-05-2009, 07:26 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]I certainly do not believe that all evil (that which within the human framework would be perceived as evil) acts are perpetrated by STS entities. A lot of it is just a distorted STO within the tribal mind, trying to serve the group rather than the all.

STS, to my mind, *is* distorted STO. It is an experiment in the possibility of disunity. Whenever free will is abrogated, the signs of STS are apparent.

One can infringe on free will with the best of intentions, but doing this is STS in a fundamental way because it places one's own will as a part of the Creation over another part's will. Remember: STS does not equate with "evil"; the judgements we level on actions are just more catalyst to process; they are not themselves the Choice.

(02-05-2009, 07:26 PM)AppleSeed Wrote: [ -> ]But the experience of the true STS is a vital part of all of our experience here, so I guess my question is: once we're off to 4D, will we be completely separated from this, and still unable to understand this part of the experience?

According to Ra, we take our experiences in third density with us. 3rd density experiences would appear to be very powerful determiners of future evolution through the densities. And there's not so much a forgetting in future densities, according to Ra.
Thanks for a thoughtful response to a rather rambling and speculative post. Well, here's another one...

(02-21-2009, 09:59 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]More or less. I go back and forth on whether Ra meant that we were (1) in the process of achieving social memory, or (2) in the process of further developing our existing complex. Either way, it's not too important a distinction, but I do find the idea of social memory as a quantitative change rather than a qualitative one intriguing.

If free will is a part of the process, which I believe is hinted at, then that would imply some quantitative change as well. Also, those who repeat 3D would go start another complex elsewhere, no? It's just speculation and not very important, true, but I have to wonder what happens to the record of the earthly experiences of those who go on, as it seems to be predicted, towards different places.

(02-21-2009, 09:59 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]At a certain level of development, yes. I'm not sure mere telepathy is what is so powerful about social memory, though. Ra also mentions being able to access the roots of the planetary or race mind. We would start to discover our collective archetypal heritage that is now only an undercurrent to our incarnate experiences presently. These are deep parts of our collective identity that fly below our individual radars, and having a conscious experience of them would be deeply powerful, I'd think. Social memory is more than the parts knowing each other; it is the whole knowing itself, and the parts recognizing the identity of the whole and their seamless integration in it.

I'm certainly looking forward to the telepathy part, and discovering the collective archetypal heritage would also be very cool. My issue here is more the stewing pot of all of our 3D incarnational experiences combined. There is so much I will never be able to fully understand within 3D, and that is fine. I may be a little too attached to the idea of understanding. 4D isn't really supposed to be the realm of understanding either, I hear. But maybe knowing more of the deeper parts of our collective identity will do it.

(02-21-2009, 09:59 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this is kind of a vague area. My guess is that those who polarize STS do not necessarily leave the complex. Ra does say or hint at some point that the identity gained by participating in an emergent complex stays with the entity even after 3rd density.

The identity gained stays with the entity, or stays with the complex? The entitiy of the complex, or the entity of the individual? Sorry for being dense - can't wait for telepathy to take hold.

(02-21-2009, 09:59 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]STS, to my mind, *is* distorted STO. It is an experiment in the possibility of disunity. Whenever free will is abrogated, the signs of STS are apparent.

One can infringe on free will with the best of intentions, but doing this is STS in a fundamental way because it places one's own will as a part of the Creation over another part's will. Remember: STS does not equate with "evil"; the judgements we level on actions are just more catalyst to process; they are not themselves the Choice.

I am fully aware that the STS/STO discussion is separate from "good/evil", although there may be a correlation. I am also aware that in the end there is no good or evil, it all just is, and maybe not even that. However, I am a human being, and as a dedicated player in this field I must acknowledge that there are actions that are not "wrong" only because we are told so. Anyone with an open heart will react strongly to seeing others getting hurt. Anyone with a truly open heart will actively seek not to hurt others.

Allright, I'll take a blunt example. A child is being thrown live into a fire where the remains of its parents are already smoldering. It'll save a bullet, right? Unfortunately this is not a hypothetical example. What's important here is to separate judging the act from judging the actor. It is not hard to forgive all those involved, seeing how the perpetrator is easily hurting him(/her, less commonly)self more in the long run than the child and its parents are hurt. I can forgive; I can love all those involved, but I cannot understand.

Reading the Ra material resonates with me in that we do not all, through outer workings of karma, reincarnate our way through all potential experiences. For an open-hearted, rather naive entity just wanting to help, it would be pretty easy to slip into the role of the somewhat habitual martyr - murderers and victims don't necessarily trade places. I think it's fairly unusual that they do. From reading the Ra/Quo materials it also seems like the belligerence and brutality of this particular region of 3D took many within the creation somewhat by surprise. It still takes me by surprise, even though I remember getting killed by groups of people on at least three occasions.

The gritty, hands-on acts of genocide are in potential within all of us, and within the whole creation, or none of it would ever have happened. I cannot understand it, but I think it's very important that it be understood. If not here, then elsewhere. My issue here is not so much with the past, as with the future. This is our potential, and I don't really want to see it happening again.

This is one of the great shadows within our present collective. How, as a collective, can we face and balance this shadow? Or am I blowing this out of proportion?

(02-21-2009, 09:59 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]According to Ra, we take our experiences in third density with us. 3rd density experiences would appear to be very powerful determiners of future evolution through the densities. And there's not so much a forgetting in future densities, according to Ra.

Yes, this exactly is my issue. This 3rd density has been rather dense.
The social memory complex concept reminds me of the metaphor of a garden with a gardener. In one extreme the gardener is highly intervening as to appear distinct from the plants growing there. In another extreme the gardener is non-intervening as to appear invisible, as if the gardener is simply another plant within the garden, or else the plants in the garden become the gardener themselves indistinct. In one case there seems an obvious semblance of separative action at play. In another case, separative action becomes indiscernible.

paddy