Bring4th

Full Version: Service to Self vs Karma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found the Law of One material very insightful. One thing i did not get a good understanding of, is Karma. Since Karma is such a huge part of life, i'm surprised that there was only a small piece relating to it. Ra's definition of Karma was interesting, but i've always thought there was a strong connection with service to self and karma. Based on this material, it appears to be different. Can anyone further clarify this for me, and can you give me examples of creating negative karma, negative path, and someone on the negative path not necessarily creating negative karma? I would love a better understanding.

Thanks! John
Karma as Ra puts it is like a clock that upon striking the hour unveils an event preplanned that's intended to teach a lesson that was accrued during a previous life, or current life, (and some might argue, in future lives).

As far as polatity wise goes, in the Archetype The Lovers, there is symbology to denote that protection is offered to those of each path.

In the case of the positive polarity, protection comes in the form of aid.  In the case of the negative polarity, protection comes in the form of getting away with it, so to speak.

As far as karma is concerned, I do believe it is a very subtle mechanic of polarity.  For instance, due to how each polarity appears in, say, the yellow ray, karma might react differently for these polarities due to the vibrational quality of the chakra attracting different catalyst.

In a positive entity karma is accrued, as per Ra's example, when the entity fails to forgive another and desire their well-being.  This sets the Wheel of Fortune in motion and eventually it comes full circle bringing that catalyst we failed to handle the way we desire back around before us again.

This wheel of karma stops with forgiveness and good intention towards others.

Now not much is said as to the negative path, only hints are given really through the archetypes.  The overall idea is that the negative polarity is afforded protection due to their differences in vibration and intent.  Their yellow chakra isn't being balanced so much as controlled and used.  For such a being, their purpose is to offer others vivid catalyst, not to help others with catalyst.

Their karma, and I'm uncertain of this, may come in the form of presenting them opportunities to manipulate, and failing to do so, sets the Wheel of Fortune in motion to bring such again.

So, its no wonder those in the 'sinkhole of indifference' may or may not be met with karma that offers them a choice to aid or manipulate, with further karmic occurrences being tailored by the nuances of their actions towards pushing them towards catalyst to push them to polarize a certain way.

For the negative, karma would, at least logically in my mind, be events that provide opportunity to be the way that is desired.

I also don't subscribe to karma occurring by any little event.  It needs to have some profoundity to the entity for the event to be capable to provide a karmic charge.

I could be wrong though, since I don't know for certain.
(11-24-2017, 02:59 PM)johncarson698 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the Law of One material very insightful.  One thing i did not get a good understanding of, is Karma.  Since Karma is such a huge part of life, i'm surprised that there was only a small piece relating to it.  Ra's definition of Karma was interesting, but i've always thought there was a strong connection with service to self and karma.  Based on this material, it appears to be different.  Can anyone further clarify this for me, and can you give me examples of creating negative karma, negative path, and someone on the negative path not necessarily creating negative karma?  I would love a better understanding.

This is a really basic question to which I've given surprisingly little direct thought, so thanks for bringing this topic up.

When I reflect on this, I find this passage most useful.  Although it's not really what those of Ra meant in that passage, my suspicion is that the service-to-self philosophy uses karma as a generator of conflict in order to "hone a blunt edge of hatred and anger so that it may polarize".

I think of karma these days as a projection of balanced unity into space and time, a way to turn an unwaveringly balanced unified situation into one with action and narrative.  In reality, outside of the temporal illusion, it is clear that all of this evolutionary process exists within a single entity, and that all harms and forgiveness are of a self-to-self nature.  Karma is a way this feature of reality gets dilated by time and space into a whole cycle.  We experience what is really a timeless now as a sequence of balancing events that shift energy.

In service-to-others philosophy, we recognize karma as a balancing mechanism for forces that were put into motion long ago, and that it is through acceptance and forgiveness that we balance and unwind the karma.  This is desirable to the positive entity because the service-to-others polarity is all about reflecting the truth of unity to as great an extent as possible within the illusion.  

However, negatively polarized entities are not seeking balance. Their polarity relies on the template of the separate illusion.  So it seems to me that they would use karma's turning wheel as a way to build up anger, discipline themselves with misfortune and pain, and continue to separate further from the rest of Creation.  It's not that, because they are negative, they get a free pass to harm others without consequence.  They use the consequences of karma to further polarize.

It's kind of like the way criminals go to jail and, far from being reformed by the experience, are instead hardened and impelled towards further criminality by jail, even though jail sucks and it can hardly be said to be desirable.  Such is the single-mindedness of their pursuit of STS polarity that they assume the consequences as a disciplining tool against which to build their strength and resolve.

I should close by noting that this is somewhat speculative on my part, and I'd be very interested in hearing others' thoughts.
The way I see Karma is that it's really just the balance of unity, to see and understand Karma you need to look at both how everything is interconnected and how everything is one self. Those who feel they struggle most probably only do one of the two; they see that everything is interconnected but not that this interconnection is all one self, or they see that everything is one self but do not see how the parts are also interconnected.

The power of the veil is that you may think of yourself as separate, it does not offer you to be separate.

Quote:can you give me examples of creating negative karma

I hurt and wound you which creates something for you to resolve within the strings of your beingness, your initial native potential toward the light was tainted with the darkness of what I can feel.

I curse you in my heart which creates a pull toward misery wished of yourself to yourself through an external facet of yourself in perception of yourself.

Quote:negative path

I propagate my distortions of separation into others to empower them. I have hurt and wounded you in a manner which I knew would create you a karma of hatred which I may draw upon to reinforce my own power of using the intelligent energy of hatred.

I kill all good in myself through attacking the perception of it in others until I cannot see it anymore in myself, furthering the abyss I am falling into.

Quote:someone on the negative path not necessarily creating negative karma?

I heal myself or another and absolve some of my negative karma into positive one.

I am indifferent toward the goals I had.
I love and appreciate all your insights. I would love to hear more thoughts on the subject if others have them.
Karma is a tool that helps the entity on the positive path polarize positively and get rid of his/her flaws.
For the positive entity, karma's function may appear to be similar to punishment though it isn't. but for the negative entity it doesn't seem like punishment.. the entity on the negative path is actually rewarded for wrong doings and flaws.

So it helps the positive entity polarize positively. and helps the negative entity polarize negatively. before entering 6th D its function changes for the negatives though.. then they will have to balance their karma the way positive entities do.
Karma can be viewed simply as momentum.

Actions are causes. Causes have Effects. Effects are consequences, which in turn are also causes. Each cause-effect create infinite strain of cause-effect chains.

Until it is stopped.

Either the entity itself accepting and forgiving itself, therefore accepting the consequences of whatever action it took before, and the impact it will bring on its existence,

or, a greater principle/entity stopping the chain.

However in the latter case, the momentum is just transferred to another entity, and this will create a relationship in between the original entity and the bigger entity in which original entity would eventually balance the consequences of its actions through the bigger entity. Ie, debt was transferred to the bigger entity, and the original entity will handle that cause-effect debt with that entity.
(11-25-2017, 03:40 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]Karma can be viewed simply as momentum.

Actions are causes. Causes have Effects. Effects are consequences, which in turn are also causes. Each cause-effect create infinite strain of cause-effect chains.

Until it is stopped.

Either the entity itself accepting and forgiving itself, therefore accepting the consequences of whatever action it took before, and the impact it will bring on its existence,

or, a greater principle/entity stopping the chain.

However in the latter case, the momentum is just transferred to another entity, and this will create a relationship in between the original entity and the bigger entity in which original entity would eventually balance the consequences of its actions through the bigger entity. Ie, debt was transferred to the bigger entity, and the original entity will handle that cause-effect debt with that entity.

That's an interesting take. Can you give me an example how debt is transferred between negative entities?
Speculation: If forgiveness breaks the chain of karma and forgiveness is a form of love from the heart, my guess as STS, if either the perpetrator or the victim truly believes in STS philosophy/ truly embodies imbalanced STS beliefs - that might makes right, and that it was nothing personal, but just the way of the stronger versus the weak and if positions were reversed they would be either the perpetrator or the victim - I'd bet that dissipates the karmic charge.
(11-24-2017, 05:11 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]When I reflect on this, I find this passage most useful.  Although it's not really what those of Ra meant in that passage, my suspicion is that the service-to-self philosophy uses karma as a generator of conflict in order to "hone a blunt edge of hatred and anger so that it may polarize".

However, negatively polarized entities are not seeking balance. Their polarity relies on the template of the separate illusion.  So it seems to me that they would use karma's turning wheel as a way to build up anger, discipline themselves with misfortune and pain, and continue to separate further from the rest of Creation.  It's not that, because they are negative, they get a free pass to harm others without consequence.  They use the consequences of karma to further polarize.

That's exactly how I think this works as well. I think it's all too common for people to see karma has having some kind of punishment\reward element, but I think karma is absolutely neutral on such things. One reaps the karma which one reaps. Period. Whether the results are good or bad are purely subjective.

If anything, though, I would be careful not to over-emphasize deliberate planning in all this. Some higher-level negative entities, particularly those relatively few brave enough to attempt wandering via incarnation, undoubtedly are doing it all deliberately. (Well, as deliberately as a veiled life can be, anyway.) But I think in a lot of cases, it's more a cyclic thing. Those who tend towards the negative thus simply tend to garner negative karma. And the opposite, obviously. That becomes the karmic cycle which a younger entity would then need to recognize, and reckon with, to awaken and start taking more deliberate control on their journey towards 4th Density.

Like, I would tend to think that most prisoners don't specifically view prison as an opportunity to become more nasty, but rather it's the result of the karmic circumstances they are thrown into. But those few who are self-aware enough to do discover they thrive in such circumstances undoubtedly take steps to keep themselves where they are.
(11-24-2017, 02:59 PM)johncarson698 Wrote: [ -> ]I found the Law of One material very insightful.  One thing i did not get a good understanding of, is Karma.  Since Karma is such a huge part of life, i'm surprised that there was only a small piece relating to it.  Ra's definition of Karma was interesting, but i've always thought there was a strong connection with service to self and karma.  Based on this material, it appears to be different.  Can anyone further clarify this for me, and can you give me examples of creating negative karma, negative path, and someone on the negative path not necessarily creating negative karma?  I would love a better understanding.

Thanks! John

If you serve others, you manifest light. If you serve yourself, you manifest lessons to be balanced. Think of it as a karmic map. You can explore wherever you want. It's all you, and as you balance it, you grow in power and wisdom.
(11-25-2017, 09:42 PM)johncarson698 Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting take. Can you give me an example how debt is transferred between negative entities?

That would require a deep analysis. Negative entities are unlikely to do anything for any other entity normally, and moreover the role of normal karma that requires forgiving (ie 3d karma), the mechanic of negative entity surpassing the 3d karma to be able to graduate, and even the natural and neutral mechanic of universal karma as in cause-effect chains is a separate matter.

Would be complicated. Your guess is as good as mine.
Don   and Ra Wrote:34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.

Here follows my guess on this topic. 

"Karma" is a Sanskrit word meaning action.  "Motion," in the sense of a flywheel, works well also. 

As you know, the edge of wheel spins much faster than the center, and if you can live at the very center, the spinning is stilled.

Naturally, if you beat someone up, then, normally, you can expect that wheel to continue spinning, that is, you can expect consequences to follow.  But what if you beat someone up in a completely impersonal manner, so that you have distance from your emotions and other calculations, so that you do the act as a pure act?  In that case, do you incur the same degree of karma as if you were to do such a thing out of rage, etc.?  I think not.  That is, if you can act from a still point, your accrued karma is much less.

A well developed sts operative, who learns to distance himself from his feelings, and maybe also from most of his thoughts, might incur less karma than you expect on days when he is in good form and can keep his intention pure.

...or, maybe not?
I always thought of Karma as being linked to the Law of Responsibility, which may mean that a STS entity can avoid bad Karma if Freewill is observed (to an extent).

A high-level STS entity would rather influence/coerce and tempt another self towards harm, as oppose to directly causing it themselves. As we are ultimately responsible for our distortions and choices, the STS entity will not incur Karma as a result of this. Negative polarization occurs when a minion willingly submits their will in order to empower the master.

I see this as somewhat protective, as the STS cannot polarize unless we make the choice. Unfortunately, most of the time the choice is simply of an innocent ignorance.

This is different to people who hurt others because they themselves are hurt. By "lashing out" they cause pain and destruction for themselves, which can be seen as Karma.
Quote:35.8 Questioner: Well in that case I would like to know the motivation for this use of Abraham Lincoln’s body at that time?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this session as we find the instrument quite low in vital energies.

The one known as Abraham had an extreme difficulty in many ways and, due to physical, mental, and spiritual pain, was weary of life but without the orientation to self-destruction. In your time, 1853, this entity was contacted in sleep by a fourth-density being. This being was concerned with the battle between the forces of light and the forces of darkness which have been waged in fourth density for many of your years.

This entity accepted the honor/duty of completing the one known as Abraham’s karmic patterns and the one known as Abraham discovered that this entity would attempt those things which the one known as Abraham desired to do but felt it could not. Thus the exchange was made.

The entity, Abraham, was taken to a plane of suspension until the cessation of its physical vehicle much as though we of Ra would arrange with this instrument to remain in the vehicle, come out of the trance state, and function as this instrument, leaving this instrument’s mind and spirit complex in its suspended state.

The planetary energies at this time were at what seemed to this entity to be at a critical point, for that which you know as freedom had gained in acceptance as a possibility among many peoples. This entity saw the work done by those beginning the democratic concept of freedom, as you call it, in danger of being abridged or abrogated by the rising belief and use of the principle of the enslavement of entities. This is a negative concept of a fairly serious nature in your density. This entity, therefore, went forward into what it saw as the battle for the light, for healing of a rupture in the concept of freedom.

This entity did not gain or lose karma by these activities due to its detachment from any outcome. Its attitude throughout was one of service to others, more especially to the downtrodden or enslaved. The polarity of the individual was somewhat, but not severely, lessened by the cumulative feelings and thought-forms which were created due to large numbers of entities leaving the physical plane due to trauma of battle.

May we ask if this is the information you requested or if we may supply any further information?
(11-26-2017, 02:53 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Like, I would tend to think that most prisoners don't specifically view prison as an opportunity to become more nasty, but rather it's the result of the karmic circumstances they are thrown into.  But those few who are self-aware enough to do discover they thrive in such circumstances undoubtedly take steps to keep themselves where they are.

Yeah, the analogy is extremely limited and really operates on the basis of a common trope anyway. It's just the best analogy I could find to explain what I was thinking.
(11-29-2017, 11:59 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2017, 02:53 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Like, I would tend to think that most prisoners don't specifically view prison as an opportunity to become more nasty, but rather it's the result of the karmic circumstances they are thrown into.  But those few who are self-aware enough to do discover they thrive in such circumstances undoubtedly take steps to keep themselves where they are.

Yeah, the analogy is extremely limited and really operates on the basis of a common trope anyway.  It's just the best analogy I could find to explain what I was thinking.

I always viewed jail/prison, given the vast number of nonviolent drug offenders that get sent there, less of a karmic thing for those nonviolent drug offenders and more of a societal distortion thing, where we actually radicalize and de-integrate drug offenders by incarcerating them instead of treating them.

Thanks! John

Point a to point b. Lose weight. Easy? No karma. Much stress and many attempts? Much karma.

No desire? No karma.

Able to create reality at will? No karma at all. Able to teach this effectively? No karma for anyone.

Thanks! John

In today's language a good word to describe unity is dynamic. The whole creation is dynamically driven. In that the smallest change, has an effect on All. The only thing that is not a thought is Creator, the dynamic self. The only one here. Love is the great original thought, thus all thoughts are dynamically driven, and centered around Love, and the great self projects that. Even Love is a thought form. But it's the one worth thinking, worth exploring endlessly. Now as the only one, and creator of all thought forms. Then thought forms must be a representation of the dynamic self. There is the Self and there are thought forms. Projected by the Self. Vectored towards Love. Karma is equal to balance. In that all imbalances are "lessons", and karma nicely brings those lessons into view for us.