Bring4th

Full Version: Teaching How to Live the Law of One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found recent topics have helped me become a bit more aware of how important a Spiritual Practice may be for me.

However, I find that last time I took up Living the Law of One...Things got a bit too intense for me.  I started polarization by first, deciding to do the Ra teachings, and further, attempting to discern the legitimacy of polarization.  My understanding was to polarize, I just choose to be of service to others, and then carry out that choice.  I did so mostly at work, towards my friends, and my mom.

This time around that curiosity isn't there, so I'm looking for a whole new route to get me motivated but more I'm looking for a guided way, company along the way...For safety reasons mostly.  So, I thought I'd try teaching the Law of One by Living It, but then I realized I can make an opportunity of this.

I want you all to teach me how to Live the Law of One, and in return I will share what I've learned and proceed to teach in return.

I figure if we make this a group effort, we can all learn from each other and teach each other.

I'll leave it at this and ask a question to get things starting.

How can I begin to Live the Law of One?
(12-12-2017, 05:08 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]How can I begin to Live the Law of One?

Forget about polarity as it is in no way central to the Law of One of itself. Ya sure it is a parameter of our experience here, but it is still not any central to the Law of One.

Embrace what is for what it is. Anywhere you are blinded to see unity, seek to see through the veil of the night. Nothing is bad, nothing is unacceptable and nothing cannot be understood. Have faith in the Law of One, that there is no disharmony, that all is willed, complete and united.

You already are living the Law of One in each moment, you can only live it more consciously to in turn teach others that they also always were living the Law of One.

All is well. There's nothing you need to get accomplished, so work from a light heart!
Thanks for starting this thread. Highly relevant for me atm. Just thought I'd share this weekly reminder I have set for myself:

Getting Back On The Path

"But if you wish to accelerate the process of getting back on the road, use the principle of stimulation. Read that which is inspiring, listen to those musical sounds which appeal to the highest and best within you and give you the proper environment for the opening up to love. If silent meditations are not helpful, use music, reading and inspirational discussion with others to stimulate yourself as is your culture’s custom. Realize that when you are stopped and indifferent, it is not all entities who have experienced incarnation in your culture who can be started easily on a diet of silent meditation.

We encourage you to persevere. For although it may seem that you are being insincere by striving for that consciousness of love when you feel anything but loving, yet as you seek, so shall you find. And if you are too tired today to remove the glamour of your illusion from your mind and the fog seems very thick between your eyes and what you wish to perceive, take heart and realize that it is well for you to rest and then strive again by seeking, by meditating, and by asking to start once again to polarize and become more and more that which you seek.

All that you wish is ahead of you. All that you wish is available in the consciousness of the present moment. Love is a perception away. May joy fill you, may peace flow from you. May these things happen to you because you have surrendered to the one master, the Creator, love, consciousness, that which you are and that which you will more and more perceive."

-Hatton (sorry, no link but can find if needed)
I agree with Elros about not putting importance on the concept of polarity. The way I view it, polarization is a result, not a goal. I think that Ra addressing polarity as a goal post has potential for distortion. While it's valid to view polarity as a metric for spiritual evolution, it can create a situation where seekers feel the need to find the best techniques to polarize rather than progress down their natural path of evolution.

I think there are a lot of different ways you can approach the concept of "living the Law of One." I'm sure that everyone has a different idea of what that even means. To me, if means seeking to allow the love of the Creator to flow through and express itself in my life moment-by-moment; to contemplate the nature of being a co-Creator of every moment; to strive to realize when my actions, decisions, and thoughts are a result of a smaller, ego-driven, distorted mind and to penetrate the illusion that perpetuates that smaller mind; to do my best to become more transparent to myself and to others; to seek to understand how I can serve any individual that crosses my path.

A sort of core necessity of allowing this to be a central aspect of life would be to realize that these are ideals to strive for, and we will constantly fail, and we deserve our own forgiveness for doing so. I have found, in my life, that holding myself to strict ideals without leeway created anxiety and self-judgment that spiraled further into distortion.

And then the other most basic necessity is what I think takes up most of my consciousnesses on this path: striving to understand, heal, and love the self. In the context of this spiritual journey, I think the greatest utility is recognizing the reflective nature of our experiences. Any catalyst that moves us from balance, whatever the circumstance, is an opportunity for understanding the self in a deeper sense, uncovering the unconscious roots of our wounds and distortions, and bringing the love and light of the Creator to them. Those deep aspects of the self being brought into love and made more transparent, the love of the Creator then is given another path to flow through us, moving us to serve on our chosen path in any given moment.

So, in an ironic sense, work on the self, in my eyes, is a core necessity of service to others.

That's not to say that active service towards others is not also a facet of living the Law of One, especially pushing our own boundaries of comfort in doing so. I struggle with this one a lot. I'm a solitary person and deeply enjoy meditation and contemplation. I find the most relieving catharsis in uncovering personal distortions and unconscious patterns. But I do believe that leaving one's comfort zone is an important aspect of balance. We can contemplate the distortions behind our comfort/discomfort forever, but to actually face and experience those things yields the necessary catalyst for true experience. I sometimes excuse my tendency for inaction by saying that the discomfort indicates that my heart isn't in it, and I would feel more of a call to something if it were supposed to be my path. The best excuses have a bit of truth in them. I'm not sure where the balance is here.

So I suppose my initial thoughts on living the Law of One would be a primary focus on seeking to heal and balance the self, and pushing oneself out of one's comfort zone in seeking to serve.
Yes, all is well and perfect but I don't think we should waste our live away. Every incarnation has a purpose. It is said we should be "moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One." This is done with gradual understanding not repression (except actions that might hurt others).

Quote:It is paramount that it be understood that it is not desirable or helpful to the growth of the understanding, may we say, of an entity by itself to control thought processes or impulses except where they may result in actions not consonant with the Law of One. Control may seem to be a short-cut to discipline, peace, and illumination. However, this very control potentiates and necessitates the further incarnative experience in order to balance this control or repression of that self which is perfect.

Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality. Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path.

(Ra)
The importance of daily routine or rule. This is for everyone not just for monks.

Quote:I can only say that meditation, and a daily offering each day as a beginning, help for me. They are the basis of my day, and I think Jim would also say that. So I encourage any who might have had trouble doing that to try again. This time, adapt the practice to your life. It is a routine that has served us well. Perhaps that is too much for you, but you see how to build a time for you and the Creator to meet. You can’t just remake your life around a newly discovered devotional or mystic aspect of yourself; you have to practice a rule of life that gives you time to do your necessaries. I think that one quick drink is a powerful thing. So please try again, if you have given up. For those who want to read about meditation, I recommend Joel Goldsmith’s little book, The Art Of Meditation. (Carla)
These are all great posts!

I didn't intend to say there was an importance in polarization, only that experimenting with attempting to polarize as a means of tangible proof was what pushed me into the lifestyle.

There was so much happening in my mind at the time of living the Law of One that it is very hard to describe WHAT I did to Live the Law of One.

I was choosing to be happy, to smile.  To Just Be myself And Enjoy that, and in all of that I took an interesting shortcut of sorts due to a very rapid kundalini rising process that culminated in my heaven and hell experiences.

I think living the Law of One comes down to finding your personal unique process or practice in which you can most clearly manifest your soul self through your human self.  In essence becoming the creator.

But it seems meditation is the lock and key.

Another question for everyone, and uh, feel free to ask questions too, everyone Smile

So, if Living the Law of One is about, if I'm taking the basis of what's been said here right, basically being Your True Self, and such things like a disciplined personality, and frequent meditation are required to do so, then I'm curious and wondering:

What benefits and down sides are there to living this philosophy?  What's there to encourage and discourage living the Law of One in 3D life?
(12-12-2017, 09:33 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: [ -> ]What benefits and down sides are there to living this philosophy?  What's there to encourage and discourage living the Law of One in 3D life?

I'd say it is to seek to see without paradox. The Law of One is a direction to be held and it is to be encouraged when sought and discouraged when not sought.

It is both well for the Creator to realize itself and just experience itself. None is greater, as the Creator pretty much explores these 2 paths in a very similtaenous fashion from both ends of them.
Personally I don't think you can really 'live' the Law of One, but you either acknowledge it or reject it. Either you acknowledge and accept interconnectivity or you refute it. Regardless of the choice, the Law of One is. Embraced without distortion it is neither advantageous or detrimental. It simply is.

Thus, personally, I've found that all I need to do 'live the Law of One' is to continuously remind myself of unity. Everything follows naturally from that. If I remember the Law of One, that touchstone of its role in my life, or maybe more accurately, the role of my life within the One then it is as present in my life as it can be.