Bring4th

Full Version: What does Ra mean by "Thought Form"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always get somewhat confused when Ra uses the terminology "thought form". Does it mean that the entity is a Physical in our 3D Realm constructed from thought, or does he mean that the entity is not physical but exists in thought alone?
(12-23-2017, 06:14 PM)johncarson698 Wrote: [ -> ]I always get somewhat confused when Ra uses the terminology "thought form".  Does it mean that the entity is a Physical in our 3D Realm constructed from thought, or does he mean that the entity is not physical but exists in thought alone?

The former, arising out of the latter.  It would be equivalent to the concept of "tulpa" of the theosophists. 

A relevant passage, from Wikipedia:

Belgian-French explorer, spiritualist, and Buddhist Alexandra David-Néel claimed to have observed these mystical practices in 20th century Tibet.[sup][1][/sup] She reported tulpas are "magic formations generated by a powerful concentration of thought."[sup][8][/sup][sup]:331[/sup] David-Néel wrote that "an accomplished Bodhisattva is capable of effecting ten kinds of magic creations. The power of producing magic formations, tulkus or less lasting and materialized tulpas, does not, however, belong exclusively to such mystic exalted beings. Any human, divine or demoniac being may be possessed of it. The only difference comes from the degree of power, and this depends on the strength of the concentration and the quality of the mind itself."[sup][8][/sup][sup]:115[/sup]

David-Néel wrote of the tulpa's ability to develop a mind of its own: "Once the tulpa is endowed with enough vitality to be capable of playing the part of a real being, it tends to free itself from its maker's control. This, say Tibetan occultists, happens nearly mechanically, just as the child, when his body is completed and able to live apart, leaves its mother's womb."[sup][8][/sup][sup]:283[/sup] David-Néel claimed to have created a tulpa in the image of a jolly Friar Tuck-like monk which later developed a life of its own and had to be destroyed.[sup][9][/sup] David-Néel raised the possibility that her experience was illusory: "I may have created my own hallucination", though she reports that others could see the thoughtforms that have been created.
(12-23-2017, 06:14 PM)johncarson698 Wrote: [ -> ]I always get somewhat confused when Ra uses the terminology "thought form".  Does it mean that the entity is a Physical in our 3D Realm constructed from thought, or does he mean that the entity is not physical but exists in thought alone?

I think primarily the latter, but it can also then become the former with enough intention/energy behind it.
Ok thx guys!
To me thought form is everything that is not the true one. Love the great original thought, is exactly that. A thought. In most cases you can take the word distortion congruently with thought. However there is a field of magic surrounding the creation of beings using thought forms. Which most superimpose that which the subject thought form consists of. The composition of the material and how it interchangebly uses distortion, thought form, illusion. All really point to them being 'thought'. For a point of reference of what i speak, is that if you can grasp it, it is most assuredly not you.
Thought itself how we think, is a subset within Love. The original thought. The One thought contained all the potentials for every thought/choice/action. And subsequent fruit/product, expounding infinitely on itself. Free will the great reactor; through choice.
(12-23-2017, 10:56 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]To me thought form is everything that is not the true one. Love the great original thought, is exactly that. A thought. In most cases you can take the word distortion congruently with thought. However there is a field of magic surrounding the creation of beings using thought forms. Which most superimpose that which the subject thought form consists of. The composition of the material and how it interchangebly uses distortion, thought form, illusion. All really point to them being 'thought'. For a point of reference of what i speak, is that if you can grasp it, it is most assuredly not you.
Thought itself how we think, is a subset within Love. The original thought. The One thought contained all the potentials for every thought/choice/action. And subsequent fruit/product, expounding infinitely on itself. Free will the great reactor; through choice.

Thanks for your insight, although its absolutely correct, i believe its more philosophical than what i was looking for. I'm just wondering what Ra is referring to in the readings when he mentions the word "thought form", because he uses that term alot, and sometimes it comes across as a being living as thought (not a physical 3D body), and sometimes it sounds like an actual Physical 3D object (made from thought). This question came to mind when i was reading the following passage:

16.43 Questioner: I want to ask a rather questionable question. I may not put it in the book. I was wondering if cattle mutilations that we now experience across the country and elsewhere could be explained by you.

Ra: I am Ra. The greater part of your so-called mutilations take place according to the ways of your second-density beings which feed upon carrion. A portion of these so-called mutilations are those which are of what you may call multi-dimensional type: a thought-form construct using various parts in order to have life and being in third density.

16.44 Questioner: Where do these thought-forms come from?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a very ambiguous question. However, we will attempt to answer. Firstly, they come from the Creator. Secondly, they come from what you may call, lower astral in plane, thought. Thirdly, in construct visualization complex they reside in part beneath the crust of your planet.

16.45 Questioner: Are these one form in particular?

Ra: I am Ra. These entities may take any thought-form associated with an emotion of fear or terror.

16.46 Questioner: Are these thought-forms able to attack only cattle or can they also attack human beings?

Ra: I am Ra. These thought-forms cannot attack third-density beings.
As the itself name says, are energy constructs from thoughts. I recommend the reading of the book "Thought-Forms" by Annie Besant and C.W. Leadbeater (they were theosophists). Here the link to the book: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16269/162...6269-h.htm
A thought form is what Infinite Unity said : it is everything that is not the true one.

It is everything that is love/light light/love.
Co creators can participate in creating thought forms.

This world is literally littered, with third density artifacts or thought forms.

Imagine each building is envisioned with the mind, drawn up by the mind. Each brick as built by a hand that is an extension of a mind. All thought forms. Just at a, well you see it level of working/manifestation.

Conscience is magic. All beings work magic at all times. Just to varying degrees for harmony, and learning, and the fun of it. We are just who we all are.
JC, it might be helpful to focus on "an emotion of fear or terror" in your Ra quote.  People can become so mentally focused by way of intense emotion that they can actually see things that are not there, that is, they create the things which they see.  Witnessing something traumatic may cause extreme mental dissonance, for example, and cause a person to have amnesia or to recreate the memory falsely.

Another example is when a group of people believe something so strongly that is appears to them to be real, and perhaps exaggerated.  We all experience this in dreams.  One example is around hero worship where a group of people create a strong thought form around the narrative of their chosen hero (guru, political leader, whatever) so that the resonant strength of the corporate belief helps them all focus their mentation in these same thought structures.

On the astral plain, thought forms can be created in these and other various ways of concentrating thought.  These thought forms have a way of suggesting mental structure to a person susceptible to them.  That is, they suggest one viable way of putting together pieces of experience into a convenient, coherent narrative.  It could be peace, love and macrame when one goes to Woodstock or energetic, self-centered rebellion when you go to a Trump rally.  The concentrated thought structures help sway you to think along certain lines of thought.

Another example would be people who create subtle guardian beings around themselves or their homes, etc. to ward off "evil spirits."  These would be thought forms, for the most part.

Another example is that when some people begin to channel entities, sometimes all they can contact is their own thought-created sense of what a spiritual entity might be.  This can become rather detailed if carried on for a period of time.

So, what is lurking in the crust of the Earth?  There are many dark, ugly congealed lines of horror-filled thought down there born of ceaseless trauma endured by this poor, abused planet...in my view.  This is part of the long term healing of our planetary sphere.

Hope this helps.

I found this EXACTLY question made to Q'uo. And the follow answer.

Quote:R: Q’uo, I have a question about thoughtforms. I will start it by reading the section from The Law of One that generated this question. Don asked Ra about the reports and photographs of bell-shaped craft and contact from entities from Venus from approximately forty years ago and Ra answered by saying that,

We are no longer of Venus. However, there are thought-forms created among your peoples from our time of walking among you. The memory and thoughtforms created, therefore, are a part of your society-memory complex. [2]

The discussion we had [in our on-line study group] was what a thought-form is, as Ra meant it. We remembered that the pyramid that Ra created was a thought-form and that Ra itself came to Earth to teach as a thought-form. And so, we thought perhaps a thought-form is something that does not have consciousness but is something that can be created by a being with consciousness. So, can you describe the thought-forms in some other way? Thank you.

We are those of Q’uo, and are aware of your query, my brother. Within third density’s space/time, everyday environment it is difficult for the mind of man to wrap itself around the concept that there could be entities and essences which have no physicality but which have their own validity and reality. Were one to look at things from the metaphysical or time/space point of view, however, it is the thoughts of humankind that would stand out, rather than the physical vehicles which in truth are merely systems of nested energy shells.

A thought-form is an entity or an essence or quality that has life independent of those who originally thought about that first. The words of which you so often think when you think about being a loving and kind person—beauty, truth, honor, justice and so forth—are thought-forms in the metaphysical realm, having a life of their own and a nature of their own. This is one instance of abiding thought-forms.

Another example of thought-forms is the common phenomena concerning ghosts. When entities have left the physical vehicle with which they enjoyed an incarnation but for some reason do not wish to go on into the inner planes for the review of their incarnation and healing, that disembodied personality shell which is commonly called a ghost can linger in the physical world. Yet it is not at all physical. [They may remain] indefinitely, until such time as someone is able to contact those souls and lead them on to taking up their rhythm of seeking and learning through other incarnations and other choices.

We of the Confederation have only appeared in your skies as thought-forms. That is to say, there is no physicality to the seemingly very real phenomena reported as UFOs. Certainly those of the loyal opposition, those engaged in service-to-self communication with those who would wish that communication upon your planet, have no qualms about appearing in the skies in perfectly physical form. But we have long since discovered that it is an infringement upon free will to move into your physical existence. However, the thought-form of the so-called Venusian bell craft is a form that is part of the deep mind, for your people have seen these for many millennia.

Other examples of a thought-form are the nature spirit, deva, gnome and pixie. All of those creatures are easily dismissed by an entity who wishes to measure and judge the physical creation by empirical means only. However, all of these forms of disembodied life are real, in the same way that your energy body is real. There are those who can see the pulsing colors of the energy body, and there are those who can see the fairies, gnomes and pixies. There are those who dance with the devas and nature spirits. For they have been gifted with a broader and a deeper sight then their physical eyes will allow.

All of these are good examples of thought-forms and we would offer one more example to indicate how the physical and the metaphysical world can cooperate and coincide. If you will think about the service in the Christian church call the Holy Eucharist, you can see the priest invoking the presence of the one infinite Creator in the person of Jesus the Christ. There is an invocation that Jesus’ very being will come into the wafer of bread and the sip of wine that each communicant shall ingest. For those who believe, it is a powerful reality that they are able to take in the very body and blood of this crucified Savior whose unconditional love the whole world recognizes. The benefit from the ingestion of this thought-form, which is married to the wafer and to the wine, is very real and efficacious.

Earlier, the one known as R stated that all of the creation was made up of nothing but thought-forms and we find this to be a perceptive point. The original Logos, that Thought of unconditional love, has indeed spun out the light to manifest all that there is. Consequently, each entity is a form created by the Thought of love, and patterned out in the ways of love by light. In that sense each of you is a thought-form, your physicality being less real then your essence as a spark of that Logos.

Source: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0214.aspx
wow thank you so much
(12-23-2017, 06:14 PM)JJCarsonian Wrote: [ -> ]I always get somewhat confused when Ra uses the terminology "thought form".  Does it mean that the entity is a Physical in our 3D Realm constructed from thought, or does he mean that the entity is not physical but exists in thought alone?

The universe itself is the formation of thought (aka the original Thought). Another term for "form" is "manifest". It can be both or it can be one or the other depending on the context of when the term is used. We can create things in the world of thought and with enough strength and purity we can clothe them in light which makes our creations perceptible to others. 

Here is a short adaptation of a well known story to illustrate that our interpretation of any thought form, whether it be in the world of thought alone, or the manifest world of thought like 3rd density, is key

"Knock knock"

Pig says "Who's there?"

Wolf replies "The big bad wolf"

Pig opens the door and says "Hey there wolfie, come on in!"

Pig says "What can I do for you?"

Wolf says "I would like to eat you for dinner"

Pig says "Oh wolfie, I asked you what I could do for you but if I allow you to eat me then I would be unable to do anything for anyone, ever again. Would you like a cup of tea pehaps?"

Pig goes to put the kettle on and then turns around to listen for the wolfs reply, but the wolf has disappeared through a wall. Pig says "Hey wolfie where did you go?!"

The wolf was a thought form all along but Pig only saw an opportunity to be of service to the wolf. 

As an aside I often think of the "...wheel within a wheel..." as a thought within the One Original Thought, and the sleepless eye representing our unending conscious awareness.