Bring4th

Full Version: Meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not gonna lie I'm having difficulties in meditating on a daily basis or just for longer periods of time (5-10 minutes).

I know I want to, and I know that it's good for me. I tried a few times meditating while laying down, but always end up falling asleep..

I understand somewhat why meditating inside a large pyramid in the desert might be beneficial, beside the energy related part, more to the calmness/silence or just absence of outside stimuli.

I'm learning something new about myself each time I meditate, and am able to respond with much clarity both to self and other-self.

But more over, it's the lack of social interaction relating these spiritual practices that gets me out of mood to meditate.

So, could we talk a little about meditation?

Do you manage to meditate daily?

Have you close friends who enjoy meditating just as you do? Does it help meditating with others? And does it feel weird at times?

What benefits does meditation bring you about? Do you believe it directly heals?

And have you ever managed to meditate while laying down? BigSmile

I appreciate your time and energy, thank you, each and every one of you.
I've embarked on a (secret mission) crazy attempt to be in a meditative state without meditating through brainwave changing activities like, writing.

I believe there is a correlation between meditative states occurring naturally and creative expression.

When one draws, as they focus on that drawing they enter an alpha brainwave state.  This is the beginning of a meditative state in my opinion.  As one is drawn into the equalizing brain activity of artistic expression the brain can naturally achieve what we usually have to sit down and focus on.  The focusing instead coming from Creating.

I do not believe theta states are achievable without the physical stillness though, but I like to think the same benefits of that light meditative state can come from focusing on creative manifestation.

Like creating music.  Stories.  Pictures.  Or even understanding from creative philosophical ponderings.

And then afterwards, a good sitting meditation seems a little bit easier~
Quote:The practice of meditation is a practice of silence. The times of visualization, affirmation and other work in consciousness, while equally valuable and worthy of doing, are not the same in terms of that which is required and that which is a good resource for that activity as meditation. So let us simply, briefly state that it is well to retain times within each day when one practices the presence of the one infinite Creator, not by thought, by affirmation, or by any other aspect of the conscious human mind, but by listening to that silence which is pregnant with the one infinite Creator’s presence and truth. (Q'uo)

The goal of meditation as a spiritual praxis is seeking the Creator or being in the Presence. There are health benefits for sure but they are secondary.

On the other hand, some form of meditation as a relaxation technique is good for relieving tension and stress. It can also serve as an exercise for focus/concentration/attention span. And also healing:

Quote:Perhaps the greatest healer is within the self and may be tapped with continued meditation as we have suggested. (Ra)

Sprout Wrote:it's the lack of social interaction relating these spiritual practices that gets me out of mood to meditate.

Meditation has to do with unmanifested self. But it's not escapism. It is complementary with service (social interaction). It's like tuning and playing an instrument. Just like the rule of benedictine monks: pray and work (ora et labora). Ra also said (in connection with pyramids) something about this balance. The effect is mutual. How can you fully live with others if you are not in touch with your inner center? How can you be still and meditate if you are filled with hate and anger?
(12-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna lie I'm having difficulties in meditating on a daily basis or just for longer periods of time (5-10 minutes).

I know I want to, and I know that it's good for me. I tried a few times meditating while laying down, but always end up falling asleep..

Sprout,

You've hit the nail on the head. I suffer with this same issue and know I really need to find the time. It's not like mediation isn't important or that I'm so busy, it's just that I don't make the time.

An old friend who once told me that "people make time for what's important to them." This is exactly true.

I believe that there are sooooo many issues in play with this problem that there isn't really enough time to identify them all. However, I used to teach Sunday school and one lesson that was "given to me" was the lesson on the Devil's designs. Specifically, what I found was that most people are preparing for a major assault by evil forces (read:Orion Crusaders) so they put on their spiritual armor and work/pray/study and take up their shield and sword as if for battle. What most people never realize is that Satan/Crusaders don't have to win in open combat to beat you. They only have to slow you down, make you miss your prayer/mediation time or not be focused on the task at hand. Then, they've won.

A Wanderer that is not focused, someone who is not working to their full potential, someone missing the chance to impart the love that another person needs to lead them to a positive orientation and become another entity on the path home is losing in the fight for the one infinite Creator.

Make the time, be the only "Jesus" some people may ever see. Love them where they are and lead them by example. One by one, we can and will make the difference.

I pledge to you all here, today, to begin to make the time, to begin with daily meditation. Maybe I'll only find five minutes today to start, but if I can add a minute to that five and make it six minutes tomorrow, I can take the fight of love to them. Finding my quiet time to seek myself, my other-self and my Creator is the beginning.

Then, we love them all, right where they are,...in love and light in the name of the one infinite Creator. Adonai
The best time for a beginner (like me) is early in the morning and late in the evening. For most people the conditions (silence, stilness, minimum distraction) are best at this time. For now I manage the morning meditations. For this you have to organize your time to get up half an hour earlier and there you have your time for meditation. Recommended duration for a beginner is 20-30 minutes. I often meditate a little less. It's not that I cant' sit through it, it's because I don't always get up early enough.
Thank you for your kindness brothers and sisters, I cannot express in words how much thankful I am for your service.
In truthfulness, I am losing the battle for meditation, I am losing to my own thoughts and ideas. I feel like I am not worthy of having this chance to be with the Creator. All these memories of the bad I have done as a child haunt me, so instead I escape into various distractions.. I guess, I am somewhat afraid to hear my own voice, afraid that I have failed myself and others.
(12-27-2017, 12:09 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]I am losing the battle for meditation

If you approach as a battle what isn't one, then of course you are losing Tongue

Might sound a bit counter intuitive but instead of seeing that you meditate to reach something, it may help to see that you try to be still to blend with it instead. Everything that comes up to interfere with stillness is either directly, or an indirect abstraction of, resistance to the you that may be found in silence.

(12-27-2017, 12:09 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]I am losing to my own thoughts and ideas. I feel like I am not worthy of having this chance to be with the Creator. All these memories of the bad I have done as a child haunt me, so instead I escape into various distractions.. I guess, I am somewhat afraid to hear my own voice, afraid that I have failed myself and others.

A bit like above, I think the point is that you see yourself as separate when you are not separate from it. You have never not been with Creator, and so in this goal meditation may only offer you to witness what already is with you if you do not resist this awareness.

To me I meditate as it comes and never made of it a routine, still comes naturally daily but I never made it a chore either. Sometimes I am still and sometimes I have thoughts emerging, both times I work with the experience as it comes without expectations to be frustrated.
Often I will speak with friends about meditation and they say they can't do it because they think too much.  Isn't this the exact problem we are trying to balance, I imagine some of the benefits of meditation is learning to think less,  to balance the monkey mind.  It's taken me about years to get to a stage where I am very pleased with my meditation practice, rather than feeling frustrated after another 20 minutes trying not to think about stuff.  It really takes focus, intention and practice.  Don't give up.  I'm sure I read somewhere that Quo suggested 5 minutes minimum daily is all you need, so I restarted my meditations this year with that goal in mind.  I timed myself 5 minutes each day.  Soon doing the 5 minutes became easy so I increased it by a minute every few days.  And then viola!  Sustained, peaceful, tranquil meditation for longer and longer periods.

I also focussed on my heart initially, imagining an emerald green sphere spinning rapidly.  Something to keep my mind focused and slow down the thoughts.  Then after a while there is no need to focus on anything, you just slip into this state of being without needing to focus on anything. 

I also find you need to sit up preferably in easy pose or some variation of lotus.  It almost triggers the meditative state.  

Good luck and don't give up.
(12-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna lie I'm having difficulties in meditating on a daily basis or just for longer periods of time (5-10 minutes).

I understand somewhat why meditating inside a large pyramid in the desert might be beneficial, beside the energy related part, more to the calmness/silence or just absence of outside stimuli.

I'm learning something new about myself each time I meditate, and am able to respond with much clarity both to self and other-self.

But more over, it's the lack of social interaction relating these spiritual practices that gets me out of mood to meditate.

So, could we talk a little about meditation?

Do you manage to meditate daily?

Have you close friends who enjoy meditating just as you do? Does it help meditating with others? And does it feel weird at times?

What benefits does meditation bring you about? Do you believe it directly heals?

And have you ever managed to meditate while laying down? BigSmile

I appreciate your time and energy, thank you, each and every one of you.
Hello Sprout! I think that your subconscious mind is telling your something. You say you lack the social interaction, then maybe thats exactly what you need! Maybe then with that catalyst to digest with the mind, meditation will be easier to do.

To answer your questions,
Yes, I manage a daily meditation practice. 20-45 minutes daily. I go with the flow and discern by feeling.

Unfortunately, no none of my friends meditate so it’s a solitary thing for me. I encourage friends to meditate, but they don’t listen.

Meditation has helped me heal and bring balance to my mind and body! My digestive system has been regularized, my sleeping pattern is regularized. I don’t react so fiery with anger. I’m able to step back and be at peace more and more with difficulties in catalyst or experience.

I believe meditation can directly heal, yes. Remember that physical catalyst is given when catalyst is not used by the mind. Meditation helps us see catalyst and become more aware and perceptive and mindful.

Finally, no I don’t try to meditate lying down because the body and mind subconsciously take this to be an indicator that it’s sleep time. So it will be easier for one to fall asleep if he is meditating lying down.
Now I have tried meditating while walking, and that’s a little tricky for me.
My usual way of meditating is sitting down in a chair facing the east with my hands in the cosmic mudra position, eyes closed, rhythmic/regularized breathing.

Any more questions and I will be glad to try and answer. Smile
Meditating in a chair? I've never tried that before. I always do the sitting with crossed legs kind of meditation, but my back and legs begin to hurt pretty quickly. That's why I was interested in laying down.
Why east though?
It's so important to remind yourself that the desire and effort are worth more than the experience being immediately fulfilling and satisfying.

I almost never meditate without coffee. I would find it difficult to stay awake every morning meditation without it. Avail yourself of those aids that can help you maintain alertness; it's perfectly natural, especially at the beginning, to let meditation cue your body to sleep, and there are easy ways around that. Don't let that stop you!
(12-28-2017, 10:58 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I almost never meditate without coffee.  I would find it difficult to stay awake every morning meditation without it.  Avail yourself of those aids that can help you maintain alertness; it's perfectly natural, especially at the beginning, to let meditation cue your body to sleep, and there are easy ways around that.  Don't let that stop you!

I have the opposite reaction; stimulants of any kind excite my already overactive mind, and make meditation difficult.  I find the easiest time to be right after I wake up (as long as I don't have a full bladder, which provides its own brand of distraction). 

For those of you who have difficulty:  try meditating in a standing position, facing the sun at sunrise, with your left foot ahead of your right foot, and your hands closed into fists (but relaxed, not tightly clenched).  You may be surprised at how much easier it is to meditate in this pose.

Use the posture shown by the male figure in this pose:

[Image: SC247676.jpg]

By the way, to my eye, the figures shown here bear a remarkable resemblance to rva_Jeremy and his wife.  Coincidence?
(12-28-2017, 06:35 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, to my eye, the figures shown here bear a remarkable resemblance to rva_Jeremy and his wife.  Coincidence?

lol

to me it looks like he's standing like that bc of a leg injury and his hands are like that bc of holding some kind of crutches.

here's another pose you might want to try if you haven't already:

[Image: superman-classic-pose-136x190.jpg]

http://www.squamishintegratedhealth.com/...ce-stress/
He's holding stone rods.  The one in the right hand would be a silicate rock, and the one in the left hand, a carbonate rock (limestone or marble).
(12-27-2017, 12:09 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]... I feel like I am not worthy of having this chance to be with the Creator. All these memories of the bad I have done as a child haunt me, so instead I escape into various distractions ...

Dear fellow seeker, the Creator is always deep in you. Separation is the illusion we're outgrowing. No one is without help. Guiding spirits are here.

Don't judge yourself. Just observe this thoughts in meditation come and go without getting involved. Take this memories - open wounds as an opportunity and pray for acceptance and inner healing. I wish blessing for all heavy-laden.
(12-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]But more over, it's the lack of social interaction relating these spiritual practices that gets me out of mood to meditate.

The thing is, meditation will get your closer to unity, oneness, wholeness. The deeper you go, the more you are one. If you feel like quitting because you are not more than one than meditation is not what you are looking for.

The thing is, you can't 'try' to meditate. Meditation happen by itself once you release the trying.
Why do extroverts have such a hard time meditating? what kind of meditation should they start with?
Meditating is not a chore for me since my element is earth.

Does anyone else get watery eyes while meditating? water keeps comming out of my eyes. specially when I direct prana into the sixth and seventh energy center. I yawn repeatedly too but I never fall sleep or get sleepy.
(12-28-2017, 10:15 AM)Sprout Wrote: [ -> ]Meditating in a chair? I've never tried that before. I always do the sitting with crossed legs kind of meditation, but my back and legs begin to hurt pretty quickly. That's why I was interested in laying down.
Why east though?

That’s exactly why I don’t sit with my legs crossed, it’s a painful position.

I personally meditate facing east because East is the direction of the rising the sun, the Light. It’s symbolic to me.
Motivational post-its...[attachment=1705]
(12-28-2017, 10:58 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]It's so important to remind yourself that the desire and effort are worth more than the experience being immediately fulfilling and satisfying.

I almost never meditate without coffee.  I would find it difficult to stay awake every morning meditation without it.  Avail yourself of those aids that can help you maintain alertness; it's perfectly natural, especially at the beginning, to let meditation cue your body to sleep, and there are easy ways around that.  Don't let that stop you!

HA! Me too. I always meditate after my coffee in the morning. Not that I fear falling asleep, I just prefer to meditate in the morning.
I gotta get my grounding groove on for the day!
(12-30-2017, 05:27 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]Why do extroverts have such a hard time meditating? what kind of meditation should they start with?

Does anyone else get watery eyes while meditating? water keeps comming out of my eyes. specially when I direct prana into the sixth and seventh energy center. I yawn repeatedly too but I never fall sleep or get sleepy.

My element is fire.....I meditate deeply. I love it. My biggest challenge was "making time". I have good focus of mental energies so that has never been an issue. I am a busy body. That's the issue. I meditate every other day for as long as I like. I don't do 5 minutes, 20, 30, etc.....when it feels right and balanced within, I come to the waking mind.
(05-11-2019, 08:30 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2017, 05:27 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]Why do extroverts have such a hard time meditating? what kind of meditation should they start with?

My element is fire.....I meditate deeply. I love it. My biggest challenge was "making time". I have good focus of mental energies so that has never been an issue. I am a busy body. That's the issue. I meditate every other day for as long as I like. I don't do 5 minutes, 20, 30, etc.....when it feels right and balanced within, I come to the waking mind.

Mine's earth. but being motivated to meditate matters more.. unlike you I'm lazy.
So I just do the breathing thing.
(05-12-2019, 02:10 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]

Mine's earth. but being motivated to meditate matters more.. unlike you I'm lazy.

Laid back, lazy or distracted? You may be laid back. Your response made me chuckle. I get lazy sometimes and it feels goooooooood....
after meditation yesterday I had pressure behind my right eye. I think I have a 6th Chakra blockage...no doubt.

That feeling of “rightness” is very clear, isn’t it? Like you just know that it’s the right time to end the meditation. If I’m feeling ambivalent then it’s not time to end the meditation. I know it’s the right time not when I’m thinking whether it’s the right but when I KNOw it’s the right time.

If that makes any sense Smile

How are y’all determining your elements? Is it from astrology? If so, then I am a Virgo sun, which is earth and a Pisces ascendant which is water. Moon is in Libra, air, but it’s heavily influenced by Mars which is conjunct my moon in the 8th house. It’s a good placement for occult and spiritual seeking, bad placement for relationships.
(05-12-2019, 08:26 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]

That feeling of “rightness” is very clear, isn’t it? Like you just know that it’s the right time to end the meditation. If I’m feeling ambivalent then it’s not time to end the meditation. I know it’s the right time not when I’m thinking whether it’s the right but when I KNOw it’s the right time.

It makes complete sense. As for me there is an inner knowing sounds like for you also. There is a sense of completeness, wholeness, fullness or being filled. At that point I gently come up through the layers of the meditation to my waking mind. Same for you or how is it for you?
(05-12-2019, 08:31 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]

It makes complete sense. As for me there is an inner knowing sounds like for you also. There is a sense of completeness, wholeness, fullness or being filled. At that point I gently come up through the layers of the meditation to my waking mind. Same for you or how is it for you?

Yes, I count down from 10 every time to enter the meditative state, and then when it times to end it, I slowly count up to 10. I usually visualize the numbers appearing in my mind’s eye and transforming into each other, 1, 2, 3, etc. then I give thanks and bid farewell to my spiritual friends who I invited at the beginning of the session. I can’t feel or perceive them, but I trust that they join me at my request, so I give a bid of leave when it’s over to keep things consistent. I then do the Qabalistic Cross and write down everything in my magical (spiritual) diary.
(05-12-2019, 08:40 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2019, 08:31 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I count down from 10 every time to enter the meditative state, and then when it times to end it, I slowly count up to 10. I usually visualize the numbers appearing in my mind’s eye and transforming into each other, 1, 2, 3, etc. then I give thanks and bid farewell to my spiritual friends who I invited at the beginning of the session. I can’t feel or perceive them, but I trust that they join me at my request, so I give a bid of leave when it’s over to keep things consistent. I then do the Qabalistic Cross and write down everything in my magical (spiritual) diary.

Same here regarding spiritual friends. I've not thought of using numbers as counting my way down or back through to come up from meditation. And I don't record anything in my spiritual journal though I have one. I read your practices and I am wondering if I could find good use for either or both. So glad we had this exchange. Gave me something to consider further. Thank you
(05-12-2019, 07:28 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]

Laid back, lazy or distracted? You may be laid back. Your response made me chuckle. I get lazy sometimes and it feels goooooooood....
after meditation yesterday I had pressure behind my right eye. I think I have a 6th Chakra blockage...no doubt.

All 3 I guess!

I'm getting lazy again because I realized I won't be able to make enough money by releasing music. right before that I had started to get more and more productive.

(05-12-2019, 08:26 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]How are y’all determining your elements? Is it from astrology? If so, then I am a Virgo sun, which is earth and a Pisces ascendant which is water. Moon is in Libra, air, but it’s heavily influenced by Mars which is conjunct my moon in the 8th house. It’s a good placement for occult and spiritual seeking, bad placement for relationships.
Chinese astrology mate!

There's also an animal name. I'm earth snake for example.

The descriptions are pretty accurate.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/s.../snake.htm
(05-12-2019, 09:32 AM)Cainite Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2019, 07:28 AM)kristina Wrote: [ -> ]

All 3 I guess!

I'm getting lazy again because I realized I won't be able to make enough money by releasing music. right before that I had started to get more and more productive.

(05-12-2019, 08:26 AM)Nau7ik Wrote: [ -> ]How are y’all determining your elements? Is it from astrology? If so, then I am a Virgo sun, which is earth and a Pisces ascendant which is water. Moon is in Libra, air, but it’s heavily influenced by Mars which is conjunct my moon in the 8th house. It’s a good placement for occult and spiritual seeking, bad placement for relationships.
Chinese astrology mate!

There's also an animal name. I'm earth snake for example.

The descriptions are pretty accurate.

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/s.../snake.htm

Astrology! A Natal Birth Chart! Aries sun, Leo Moon and Capricorn rising
Cainite....honestly asking. Do you think our lazy moments can be set aside for introspective work and do you find you are able to push past the "feeling" of laziness to either do introspective work, reflective work or just simply say, "time to rest!" I envy your talent for music. I love it but cannot play it or read it just sit back and enjoy it.
Pages: 1 2