Bring4th

Full Version: Todays Daily Q'uote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to post this here since I thought it was so powerful. I had been speaking with my mom earlier today in depth about what Faith means...I'm not often on these forums, so when I saw this daily Q'uote on the front page It resonated deeply with my experience today. Faith is something that I definitely resonate with on a deep level in terms of how I choose to live my life. Not in the sense that I am some ultra-spiritual disciplined person. I'm not. And I'm still going through a lot of personal stuff that is far from perfect... But generally I find myself able to just Trust in something greater, that is beyond me and my "human control" It whatever situation. I guess to me one element of having faith is knowing your experiences aren't simply random. Trusting in something beyond simply logical preparation/control.

Here's the quote:

"…Faith…creates an area of control in all situations…How to lay hold upon that natural function? How to encourage it? We have often said that faith, when first chosen as a way of living, is nothing more than a leap into space. Faith creates itself in the mid-air, when the will of the seeker has been surrendered. That first so-called leap of faith is a beginning. It could be nothing more than the conscious decision, the promise to the self, �I will live by faith.� This is a good beginning.

The will is invoked by such an affirmation. Each time the seeker subsequently [finds] itself mired in useless and cyclical worry the affirmation may be repeated, �I will live by faith.� Sooner or later there comes a moment when the repetition has bred a new and positive habit of mind and in that moment the seeker finds that she has skipped the usual habit of worry…That moment of peace is as precious as your rare metals and should be stored carefully in a special part of the memory…"

The part about Faith creating itself in mid air just really hit the nail on the head for me Smile.
This is really interesting. I was actually thinking about my faith earlier.

There are a few things I'd like to change about my lifepath, but I never really know how I should go about it, or what I should work on first.

I've been learning and practicing the Law of Attraction, and that requires a lot of faith.... some of it has actually worked for me!

I'm also new to affirmations...I'll have to start saying them out more often. But I like the one Q'uo gave, "I will live by faith".
I agree, that quote touched me as well. I spent a lot of my life striving for self control, and control of others. It only got me to a dead end. I basically became homeless voluntarily a month ago in order to live on the streets, in order to increase my faith and better learn how to be of service to others, because my comfy student life offered very little opportunity to exercise faith or be of service. So far it's been very effective. I've seen some dark things already, and experienced true loneliness, but also I've been able to experience firsthand the power of faith. I don't know how I'm going to wake up in the mornings (Blessed are the police, security guards and council workers), and I never know if my gear is going to be there when I return to wherever I'm camped. It was difficult at first to surrender control, but now I actually love the feeling of knowing that things are being aligned for me by a force greater than myself. I trust in God. He/She/It gives me a shopping trolley when my legs are weak, and a friend when I'm sullen and alone, and an opportunity to be of service when I'm feeling like a waste.

Now for the first time in my life, I have a full set of fingernails, unpicked and unchewed. Faith is the best gift you can give yourself, I believe. I'll go back to my life, hopefully a much better person, when it's time to re-take the subjects I failed/dropped out of last semester. Until then I'll live by faith and keep on embracing whatever life throws at me. There's always something which will cushion your hardships and comfort you when you're down, if you just have faith.

Edit: Just had to come back to the library to say that faith has won again. As I walked out after making the original post, a group of Hare Krishna chanters came down the road chanting their happy song, and I decided I would join them. It turned into a free hot vegetarian meal and an opportunity to volunteer at their kitchen, as well as making some new Hindu friends who understand TLOO in a basically undistorted fashion. This leap of faith is paying off more and more.
(01-09-2018, 04:26 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, that quote touched me as well. I spent a lot of my life striving for self control, and control of others. It only got me to a dead end. I basically became homeless voluntarily a month ago in order to live on the streets, in order to increase my faith and better learn how to be of service to others, because my comfy student life offered very little opportunity to exercise faith or be of service. So far it's been very effective. I've seen some dark things already, and experienced true loneliness, but also I've been able to experience firsthand the power of faith. I don't know how I'm going to wake up in the mornings (Blessed are the police, security guards and council workers), and I never know if my gear is going to be there when I return to wherever I'm camped. It was difficult at first to surrender control, but now I actually love the feeling of knowing that things are being aligned for me by a force greater than myself. I trust in God. He/She/It gives me a shopping trolley when my legs are weak, and a friend when I'm sullen and alone, and an opportunity to be of service when I'm feeling like a waste.

Now for the first time in my life, I have a full set of fingernails, unpicked and unchewed. Faith is the best gift you can give yourself, I believe. I'll go back to my life, hopefully a much better person, when it's time to re-take the subjects I failed/dropped out of last semester. Until then I'll live by faith and keep on embracing whatever life throws at me. There's always something which will cushion your hardships and comfort you when you're down, if you just have faith.

Edit: Just had to come back to the library to say that faith has won again. As I walked out after making the original post, a group of Hare Krishna chanters came down the road chanting their happy song, and I decided I would join them. It turned into a free hot vegetarian meal and an opportunity to volunteer at their kitchen, as well as making some new Hindu friends who understand TLOO in a basically undistorted fashion. This leap of faith is paying off more and more.
thanks for this. I resonate with your thoughts and experience.

I respect your Courage and sense of Exploration. Smile

Keep doing you to the full. Keep us updated.
(01-08-2018, 10:44 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to post this here since I thought it was so powerful. I had been speaking with my mom earlier today in depth about what Faith means...I'm not often on these forums, so when I saw this daily Q'uote on the front page It resonated deeply with my experience today. Faith is something that I definitely resonate with on a deep level in terms of how I choose to live my life. Not in the sense that I am some ultra-spiritual disciplined person. I'm not. And I'm still going through a lot of personal stuff that is far from perfect... But generally I find myself able to just Trust in something greater, that is beyond me and my "human control" It whatever situation. I guess to me one element of having faith is knowing your experiences aren't simply random. Trusting in something beyond simply logical preparation/control.

Here's the quote:

"…Faith…creates an area of control in all situations…How to lay hold upon that natural function? How to encourage it? We have often said that faith, when first chosen as a way of living, is nothing more than a leap into space. Faith creates itself in the mid-air, when the will of the seeker has been surrendered. That first so-called leap of faith is a beginning. It could be nothing more than the conscious decision, the promise to the self, �I will live by faith.� This is a good beginning.

The will is invoked by such an affirmation. Each time the seeker subsequently [finds] itself mired in useless and cyclical worry the affirmation may be repeated, �I will live by faith.� Sooner or later there comes a moment when the repetition has bred a new and positive habit of mind and in that moment the seeker finds that she has skipped the usual habit of worry…That moment of peace is as precious as your rare metals and should be stored carefully in a special part of the memory…"

The part about Faith creating itself in mid air just really hit the nail on the head for me Smile.

Zach great to see you loving the daily quotes, there can be really good ones like that so i post them each day on this thread started by Ankh
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthre...361&page=8   feel free to check out if you miss any and post comments there too.   What you said sums it up "trust in something greater..Trusting in something beyond simply logical preparation/control"  Its comforting to know no matter how much confusion or fog of daily life it will always clear for "That moment of peace"."
Edit: Sorry I just noticed you have posted on that thread before by Anhk.
(01-11-2018, 04:51 AM)Quan Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2018, 10:44 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to post this here since I thought it was so powerful. I had been speaking with my mom earlier today in depth about what Faith means...I'm not often on these forums, so when I saw this daily Q'uote on the front page It resonated deeply with my experience today. Faith is something that I definitely resonate with on a deep level in terms of how I choose to live my life. Not in the sense that I am some ultra-spiritual disciplined person. I'm not. And I'm still going through a lot of personal stuff that is far from perfect... But generally I find myself able to just Trust in something greater, that is beyond me and my "human control" It whatever situation. I guess to me one element of having faith is knowing your experiences aren't simply random. Trusting in something beyond simply logical preparation/control.

Here's the quote:

Zach great to see you loving the daily quotes, there can be really good ones like that so i post them each day on this thread started by Ankh
https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthre...361&page=8   feel free to check out if you miss any and post comments there too.   What you said sums it up "trust in something greater..Trusting in something beyond simply logical preparation/control"   Its comforting to know no matter how much confusion or fog of daily life it will always clear for "That moment of peace"."  
Edit: Sorry I just noticed you have posted on that thread before by Anhk.

its appreciated man. Smile