Bring4th

Full Version: Poisonous Food
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, Quo recently discussed a topic whereby they described certain foods as having a poisonous quality to them, when in fact we believe they are beneficial:

"The physical vehicle of most entities within your culture is that which has been subjected to a great variety of what many would call “poison” that is sold as food, and this type of tainted food, when combined with certain kinds of mental processes, is liable to produce a vulnerability to certain kinds of dis-ease, as you would call them, that which you have described as the “common cold” and that which you have described as “flu.” The complexity of the interrelationship between the physical vehicle that is so weakened in certain aspects, combined with the mental quality of feeling that certain foodstuffs are advantageous when they are perhaps counter-productive, then with the combination of personal catalyst of what you would call a “disharmonious nature,” provides a certain stew of a mixture that is responsible for the phenomenon of the mass subjugation of the immune systems of many of your peoples who have basically weakened physical vehicles due to dietary choices and mental choices of unrelieved disharmony, shall we say."

This got me to thinking of all the foods foisted upon us as being good for us, but are actually harmful if overused.  There are too many to list here but everything from spinach to tea has negative effects if consumed too often.  It's recommended we eat several portions per day/week.  Take tea and spinach, far too many oxalates for excessive consumption.  Wheat has an inflammatory effect on the digestive and cardiovascular system. Ayurvedic systems back up the suggestion that most of the foods we eat should actually be avoided or reduced dramatically.

I went a bit mad looking at all the foods modern science encourages us to eat, and their strong potential to cause harm.  Name a food the media is encouraging us to consume, and sure enough there is independent research indicating minimal consumption is recommendation.

So I worked myself into a frenzy of conspiracy theories and possible reasons why "they" would be persuading the masses to eat in this fashion.  I thought some of these superfoods really were good for us and were making money off our thirst for health, rather than the actually fabricating health benefits of harmful foods. Duh I should have known better! This was getting me nowhere so I asked for guidance on this topic,  I was given a memory of nearly 25 years ago.  My brother had just watched a documentary on a group of people in Japan who seemed to live extraordinarily long lives on average.  They had the usual demands of modern life and were living no more a peaceful life than the average westerner.  One thing they did do is eat a large variety of foods.  He mentioned some figures and of course I cant remember the numbers but they were eating something like ten times the amount of different foods per week than a westerner.  I am not explaining this well..... So say for example we would eat 20 different types of food per week, endlessly eating the same variety of foods i.e. wheat, milk, cheese, corn, potatoes, the Japanese were eating 200 different types of food per week from various different pickles, plant material, fermented foods, different sea life etc.  They really mix it up.

So looking back at the spinach scenario, yes its good for you but too many servings and your body is inundated with chemicals that block you absorbing nutrients from other foods.  My colleague has a big spinach, kale and pineapple smoothie every morning thinking she is following good medical advice and should be brimming with health, but may be doing harm and causing disharmony in other ways.

At first I think I was a bit annoyed at reading this channel because I'm pretty rigorous when it comes to eating good natural and unprocessed food, and I've always had an intuitive feeling about this poisonous "good" food scenario playing out globally (my family in quiet parts of Africa are raving about the benefits of kale).  I felt I had to be even more vigilant in my food choices.  

But the ultimate result has been hopefully beneficial, mix up your food choices as much as possible and don't get caught up on the good food bandwagon.

=Edited a million times - I keep finding spelling mistakes argh!=
In my opinion, Quo is mainly referring to dairy stemming from an animal's breast-milk. It's pretty much the same as mothers milk besides it was designed for a different species. When we ingest the products of their milk we are ingesting bacteria that is solely meant for their offspring. Milk has only been marketed as beneficial (advantageous), and billions of people drink it everyday. Also on a personal level I cant tolerate simple sugars, grains, starches, dairy, etc; but if I try to consume dairy, some dryer cheeses are supposedly "legal" in my specific carb diet, I can feel the difference in the way my brain operates. I haven't consumed dairy for a long time but as I remember it, it changed how I thought; which was very different from grains which solely changed processing speed. I wouldn't recommend anybody consume dairy. (Personally, after going off most food groups I am very down to earth with the effects of consuming them, but consuming dairy months before I started my diet I couldn't tell any difference)
I personally advise not to dwell in fear of what you eat either. If you're stuck in fear, then you're stuck at the lowest ray and this is what empowers most any negative effects food may have upon the body. If you see your body as weak and unable to cope with anything, then just the air quality will be more harmful to you.

Normally you're drawn to what you resonate with (goes both for lowering and heightening your vibration) and when you become dissonant you naturally stop being drawn and being appealed to certain foods, it is natural and once again kinda goes down to that nothing is overcome. If someone fights their desire of a food as something to be overcome and energizes the aspects of the food which may have negative impacts upon the body to come to eat it again still, then that's probably worse off than just never having tried to quit with no focus upon that it's bad.

It may be good to meditate upon what sort of relationship you may want to entertain with your body. Some will find that they desire to treat it as something weak meant to be kept the most clean and cared for; while I found to resonate more (since early in my life even) with affirmations to empower the body as my spirit's companion and that together will we attain great heights and not be brought down by what is considered lesser than good in what we eat, the air we breathe and the water we drink. This does not nullify all effects but you step from a state of letting yourself be at the mercy of something to a state that you will distill it all. The human body is a formidable design, all the more when empowered by the mind!

No matter my dietary choices, and even when I was much younger and they were much poorer, I've never been one to get any sick but I guess if I did I wouldn't ignore it. A bit like the Q'uo quote says, it goes back to mental processes which make use of these foods.

As a bottomline, if ultimate healthy was all that great then we clearly wouldn't have places like here in the cosmos. I think the things we are drawn to in our lives, much more often than not, were merely part of our incarnational plans and have their purpose and once their purpose is fulfilled then they fall away. I technically look forward still to smoke something like cigarettes in another life or world, I just acknowledged their role in my life was over as I became dissonant with them and lost the appreciation I had. Ultimately poison is a tool that was thought of and conceived to add to experience, not so much take away from it.
Quote:The physical vehicle of most entities within your culture is that which has been subjected to a great variety of what many would call “poison” that is sold as food, and this type of tainted food

From the limited context, it would seem the most obvious reference is to non-organic food:
  • "poison": Pesticide and herbicides work as poisons, are often marked as poisons on the containers, and are referred to as poisons by most organic articles. 
  • "tainted food": Although a less common term, you see this phrase I think most commonly in organic articles used to describe non-organic food; e.g. Dirty Dozen' List Of Pesticide-Tainted Produce: Should You Worry?
(01-10-2018, 02:39 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The physical vehicle of most entities within your culture is that which has been subjected to a great variety of what many would call “poison” that is sold as food, and this type of tainted food

From the limited context, it would seem the most obvious reference is to non-organic food:
  • "poison": Pesticide and herbicides work as poisons, are often marked as poisons on the containers, and are referred to as poisons by most organic articles. 
  • "tainted food": Although a less common term, you see this phrase I think most commonly in organic articles used to describe non-organic food; e.g. Dirty Dozen' List Of Pesticide-Tainted Produce: Should You Worry?

Actually this is an angle I didn't consider, the fact it's tainted by something.  The thing is organics are my preference however cost wise it's difficult to maintain.  I need find peace with food on the whole I think.  We have a love/hate relationship.
"Tainted food" makes me think of animal flesh. Upon death, microbes begin to decompose flesh immediately, which can't be good for the flesh that makes us. Or, as Ra says:

"We were, in the cautionary statement about complex protein, referring to the distortions of the animal protein which has been slaughtered and preservatives added in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material. It is well to attempt to find those items which are fresh and of the best quality possible in order to avoid increasing this particular entity’s distortions which may be loosely termed allergic."
To address the OP, I want to clarify that I think very specifically that Q'uo was not talking about oxalates. Oxalates are present in many, many vegetables, so to think that Q'uo is encouraging one to avoid vegetables/nuts that contain oxalates seems a misinterpretation.

Q'uo says "tainted food" so I think that means something has happened to it to remove it from its natural state. I think what Q'uo is talking about is one or all of the three things mentioned already in this thread: Cow breast milk (literally not made for humans to consume, and usually aged to some odd degree before humans consume it - when it was created by nature to be drank straight from the teat), vegetables grown with a lot of harmful pesticides (I believe pesticide laden food affects gut flora, which affects so much of how the rest of our body works), and the final and obvious one, animal flesh. Again, if humans were to consume the animal alive, as do most predators/carnivores, I think the considerations would be different. Or, if they drank milk from the teat as it was intended, it wouldn't be "tainted". Otherwise, these things begin to age and decompose, and then we have to add other things to it to make them still palatable.

One of my coworkers was telling me why she went vegan, the other day. She was raised in Brazil and in Brazil, they do not embalm bodies, mainly because of cost/benefit. So, if someone dies in the morning, they are buried that evening, and if they die in the evening, they are buried the next morning. She said still, even after 12 hours, that things would happen to the body that began to putrefy it. When she came to America and saw all the supermarkets with rows and rows of packaged flesh that had been there for days, she was beyond repulsed and decided to not eat meat ever again. We add all sorts of things to meat, including adding fresh flesh to old fresh to make it appear more desirable on the shelf.

Of course, this is ignoring the other obvious "poisons", like fast food and soda, but I don't think anyone convinces themselves that eating McDonald's is the healthiest option for them - unless you're paranoid of being literally poisoned, like Donald Trump. Tongue

Anyway, I just wanted to contribute a bit more to the discussion, since I feel like I have an in here - I have literally not had a cold or flu in 6 years of being vegan. In the question, Austin mentions about being susceptible during the wintertime in Kentucky, but I used to live in Iowa, and it was like clockwork, with each season change, that flu/cold would spread like wildfire. Soon after going vegan, I realized that I was immune to all the fears that everyone had of "catching cold" from others. It just hasn't happened. And I consume lots of wheat, tea and oxalates so I highly doubt Q'uo is talking about these things. Smile

What I find most interesting, is that Q'uo stresses that there are things that are objectively unhealthy for us, regardless of how healthy we "believe" they are. So, it appears there is no "mind over matter" when it comes to eating things that objectively cause our physical bodies distress.

To extrapolate further, I think the "phenomenon of the mass subjugation of the immune systems of many of your peoples who have basically weakened physical vehicles due to dietary choices and mental choices of unrelieved disharmony, shall we say" refers to everyone who proclaims to love second density, but yet still pays for their subjugation and torture. I think most people have turmoil about that on some level, because you can't ignore the huge agricultural machine that is currently destroying all parts of our planet. And that has to redound to the personal self, the microcosm of our "weakened physical vehicles".
Agree with nearly all of what Jade said.

Also, an article that came up on my feed today: 

Having trouble getting pregnant? Science suggests: eat organic

Quote:For their study in JAMA Internal Medicine, Harvard researchers followed 325 women at an infertility clinic and found that women who regularly ate pesticide-treated fruits and vegetables had lower success rates getting pregnant with IVF, while women who ate organic food had reduced risk of pregnancy loss and increased fertility.

The findings surprised lead researcher Jorge Chavarro, MD, of Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health. “I was always skeptical that pesticide residues in foods would have any impact on health whatsoever. I thought we were not going to find anything,” he told Time magazineBut now: “I am now more willing to buy organic apples than I was a few months ago,” Dr. Charvarro said....

Lead researcher Paul Mills told Time magazine that the levels of glyphosate found in people were 100-fold greater than levels of glyphosate fed to rats that developed liver disease in a long-term feeding study.
I think it is true there are things that are objectively bad for any form. And this is simply because with any form there is a contrary form to that form. For every yin there is a yang. Every creation has a direction of momentum to the flow of its consciousness, or life force, so anything that is entropic to that flow will naturally be "bad" for its current manifestation.

But as to belief, I think that is a complicated subject. Most beings at our vibratory level wouldn't be able to control consciousness to the extent necessary to transform the body in such a way that it would thrive on like say Clorox bleach for example. That would be living in a godlike manner (activated indigo body -- perfect control of belief).

So are there things that are objectively "less work" for the body's current manifestation (and form largely predicated by its genetic heritage)? Absolutely. Is there some degree of variation between human bodies as to what precisely that is: my belief is yes. Thus, I think to some extent humans can alter their bodies to thrive on different things. Again, we can't drink bleach, but I think 2 people can eat the same healthy diet and each not use the nutrients as well as the other due to vibrational variances of consciousness.

Anyway, just trying to paint a picture of how I see the relationship between consciousness and the physical body. The metaphysical and physical are inseparable.
Aah just to clarify, my issue isn't against oxalates specifically.  I just think we are encouraged to eat certain foods that are not necessarily as good for us as we think they are.  My new fixation is chamomile tea.  Drunk for its calming effects, and I've spent many dollars on it myself, I was annoyed to discover that 99.9% of it on the market is the German variety, which has very little calmative effect.  You need the Roman stuff.  Searching for it online was an arduous task so I'm buying some roman chamomile essential oil instead.  Now I know many people drink the german variety because we are told it's calming and soothing but it's not.  And don't get me started on soy products and all those other poisonous foods masquerading as healthy.  I think what I was trying to get at is all these foods/supplements are foisted on the public in the guise of healthy/healing products but when you look deeper they cause harm or have no benefit.  And when you look at most of the foods we eat they all tend to have inflammatory actions on the body, and probably on the mind as well.

In saying that I do agree with most everything others are saying in this thread.  

Then there is fluoride in the water, major endocrine disruptor.  And so I've been buying a ten litre container of spring water every couple of days but it's in a plastic container leaching crap into every glassful. We are accosted from every direction.  I am ultimately trying to make peace with being poisoned with everything I eat, drink and breath because it's doing my head in.

It's catalyst for me at the moment.  

Quick edit: just to add that my intuition has been going very strong on this issue for the last 25 years and I'd really like to nip it in the bud. And I'm not sure what the lesson is.
Honestly, I think the biggest "health food" scam is milk/dairy. If you think soy is unhealthy (because of the estrogen?), dairy has the same problems of soy, but way worse. Dairy also contains androgen analogues so it really messes with your hormonal balance all around. Also something like 1/5th of cows are given synthetic hormones (rBGH). Androgen and bovine growth hormone cause excessive growth, which we know in its negative form as cancer.

Also, dairy is theft. It's not made for us. It's breast milk made for a tiny baby cow, who we kill so that we can make its food into cheese. Talk about inflammatory effects on the mind! I think a lot of people carry different layers of conscious and unconscious guilt from participating in factory farms, for obvious reasons. They are heinous and this isn't how we should be making food. Dairy actually just isn't supposed to be food for us, at all. I believe it to be the cause of many chronic health problems, for that reason.

I used to be in a constantly sick state (poisoned). I'm glad I overcame that a while ago. Remember Ra says that changing ones diet is often a major component of healing, not "making peace with being poisoned". If we can get our bodies to a more healthful state by intentionally refraining from that which we know to be poison, the incidental poisons are much more easily processed by the body.

Quote:40.13 Questioner: Then you are saying that cancer is quite easily healed mentally and is a good teaching tool because it is quite easily healed mentally and once the entity forgives the other-self at whom he is angry cancer will disappear. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The other portion of healing has to do with forgiveness of self and a greatly heightened respect for the self. This may conveniently be expressed by taking care in dietary matters. This is quite frequently a part of the healing and forgiving process. Your basic premise is correct.
(01-24-2018, 11:04 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I used to be in a constantly sick state (poisoned). I'm glad I overcame that a while ago. Remember Ra says that changing ones diet is often a major component of healing, not "making peace with being poisoned". If we can get our bodies to a more healthful state by intentionally refraining from that which we know to be poison, the incidental poisons are much more easily processed by the body. 

People have to be ready though. You can realize something consciously at some level, yet still, struggle to put it into practice. What one eats is so integral to many people's social relationships, sense of self, and ability to enjoy and look forward to things in their day. 

I mean, picture this: Let's say we live in a vegan society where they now have nutrient pills they've created in the laboratory that kills no plants to make, no harm to the environment in any way, but taste horrible and give us slight but noticeable gas and bloating. Would we switch to a diet of these uncomfortable but cause-no-harm-pills 100%? I don't know if I'm ready for that, despite knowing it might be the more loving choice. There could easily be a parallel discussion to one we have today in terms of meat-eating versus planet eating. And there are so many problems on this planet Earth, that maybe some are more drawn to using their limited willpower in creating change in certain areas and giving in to the collective's less loving beliefs in other areas in order to effect change in their given field.

Just writing it all out, to help myself and perhaps others, to understand others.
You can eat plants without killing them, and in fact, it helps them. Fruits and vegetables contain seeds that, if processed naturally, end up back in the environment and that is how they propagate. Of course, modern plumbing is the bane then of fruits and vegetables, but truly, fruits and vegetables have evolved to be eaten by animals. I think we really need to get over the idea that just eating plants causes harm.

Quote:43.18 Questioner: The mechanism of, shall we say, social catalyst due to a necessity for feeding the body then is active in fourth density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. The fourth-density being desires to serve and the preparation of foodstuffs is extremely simple due to increased communion between entity and living foodstuff. Therefore, this is not a significant catalyst but rather a simple precondition of the space/time experience. The catalyst involved is the necessity for the ingestion of foodstuffs. This is not considered to be of importance by fourth-density entities and it, therefore, aids in the teach/learning of patience.

Someone pointed out recently that this is probably referring to raw vegan, which makes sense - only consuming things at their most vibrantly alive, as in, picking an apple from the tree and eating it immediately, like animals do in nature. It could possibly even mean a preference to eat animals while they are still alive, and therefore the meat is fresh - as they do in nature. Ra does make statements about how unappealing the meat we eat that is weeks old is.

Quote:[84.2]We were, in the cautionary statement about complex protein, referring to the distortions of the animal protein which has been slaughtered and preservatives added in order to maintain the acceptability to your peoples of this non-living, physical material. It is well to attempt to find those items which are fresh and of the best quality possible in order to avoid increasing this particular entity’s distortions which may be loosely termed allergic.

Your premise is a bit of a strawman, because what we are talking about is how our beliefs about food cause physical ailments. If you are experiencing more than minor, temporary discomfort from the food you are eating, then something is not working in the link between the mind and the body. I'm sure most people would feel like they were "punishing" themselves by eating such pills, as our society has for a long time staunchly equated any sort of fasting (diet) as a punishment for the gluttony of the self. This can cause repression, which then loops itself into an endless cycle. Extreme martyrdom also leeches vital energy, that's why Ra said it was important for Carla to balance pleasure from eating with eating what is healthy for her body, because she was prone to extreme martyrdom.

The fact is, eating meat and dairy is what is making people feel sick! That's the great bamboozle! Oh yeah, eating beans makes you gassier - so what? At least your intestines aren't putrefying with the waste material that your body is desperately struggling to turn into nutrients. At least your immune system starts working again because you're not constantly fighting the pus and parasites that are contained in aged byproducts from extremely stressed animals.

I understand very richly the social implications if one goes vegan. It's also another part of awakening, though. I know it can't be forced. I'm just trying to offer that annoying catalyst that helps people find a less distorted way of being, that may then in turn help their physical and mental health. Yes, a lot of stuff that I have to say is emotional in nature, but it's fact, and some people just need to hear someone clearly state "Dairy is actually not healthy for you and it desperately hurts those from which it comes" at least a few times, to undo all of the brainwashing that has been so thoroughly successful. 

Quote:[80.10]It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves. Whether this is done for service to others or service to self, it is a necessary part of the awakening of the adept. This freedom is seen by those not free as what you would call evil or black. The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.
(01-24-2018, 12:15 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I understand very richly the social implications if one goes vegan. It's also another part of awakening, though. I know it can't be forced. I'm just trying to offer that annoying catalyst that helps people find a less distorted way of being, that may then in turn help their physical and mental health. Yes, a lot of stuff that I have to say is emotional in nature, but it's fact, and some people just need to hear someone clearly state "Dairy is actually not healthy for you and it desperately hurts those from which it comes" at least a few times, to undo all of the brainwashing that has been so thoroughly successful.  

Thank you for raising this point about brainwashing. It helps me better appreciate the great service you are performing. 

Nearly all cultures and societies on this planet are brainwashed in so many ways. Even our spiritual cultures and gurus. The saying "question everything" is so well-known, but it's also like a subconscious shadow for how so many people 'question nothing' and often confuse faith with questioning nothing. 

Very few people, even spiritual people, I truly think for themselves - when I say self here, I mean the deeper self that is the spark of the Creator. Too often, the thinking that is done in conscious mind comes from entrenched egoic beliefs, or family values, cultural values, societal values, and this brainwashing often extends into personal evolution, politics, interpersonal relationships, scientific communities, authorities, religions, gurus, spiritual practices, to name a few areas. 

I would say that I still find myself on this journey to undo brainwashing a deep part of my spiritual path of discovering who I am, and as Ra says there is no end to self-discovery. Sometimes I wonder if I've even begun because the brainwashing seems to be like an onion, you peel off one layer and there is another one underneath.
(01-24-2018, 11:15 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, picture this: Let's say we live in a vegan society where they now have nutrient pills they've created in the laboratory that kills no plants to make, no harm to the environment in any way, but taste horrible and give us slight but noticeable gas and bloating. Would we switch to a diet of these uncomfortable but cause-no-harm-pills 100%? I don't know if I'm ready for that, despite knowing it might be the more loving choice. There could easily be a parallel discussion to one we have today in terms of meat-eating versus planet eating. And there are so many problems on this planet Earth, that maybe some are more drawn to using their limited willpower in creating change in certain areas and giving in to the collective's less loving beliefs in other areas in order to effect change in their given field.

I think you make an excellent point, but it is not really analogous to the situation. This is because there is not just one choice in a plant-based diet. Even if the (gassy) pills were the only alternative to eating cruelly derived food, I would alter the pill recipe, or find another way to nourish myself with kinder sustenance. I have always resonated with Captain Kirk's answer to the Kobayashi Maru Test, and I don't live within the parameters of what society says is available.

There may be some people who don't do well on a plant-based diet, but there are countless plant foods. It may be a difficult transition from the "how it's always been done" mindset, and judgments get in the way of doing well. And when it comes to emotional reasons (social situations) and mental (addiction) why a plant-based diet isn't viable, it is up to the individual what to prioritize:

What matters more to me?

Who do I want to be?

How do I want to participate in a suffering world?

Like any other trend that departs from the status quo, being vegan has its share of media brainwashing and propaganda spoon fed to the public (a lot of which is generated by the meat and dairy industries). I avoid even saying the word "vegan" here on these forums because of the charge it seems to have. Some of the nicest members have referred to vegans as extremists, zealots, compared vegans to terrorists. It's hilarious really (and ironic), if the underlying suffering caused to billions of animals wasn't so heart-breaking.

(01-24-2018, 11:15 AM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Just writing it all out, to help myself and perhaps others, to understand others.

I like that. I do the same. Smile
(01-24-2018, 01:10 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2018, 12:15 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I understand very richly the social implications if one goes vegan. It's also another part of awakening, though. I know it can't be forced. I'm just trying to offer that annoying catalyst that helps people find a less distorted way of being, that may then in turn help their physical and mental health. Yes, a lot of stuff that I have to say is emotional in nature, but it's fact, and some people just need to hear someone clearly state "Dairy is actually not healthy for you and it desperately hurts those from which it comes" at least a few times, to undo all of the brainwashing that has been so thoroughly successful.  

Thank you for raising this point about brainwashing. It helps me better appreciate the great service you are performing. 

Nearly all cultures and societies on this planet are brainwashed in so many ways. Even our spiritual cultures and gurus. The saying "question everything" is so well-known, but it's also like a subconscious shadow for how so many people 'question nothing' and often confuse faith with questioning nothing. 

Very few people, even spiritual people, I truly think for themselves - when I say self here, I mean the deeper self that is the spark of the Creator. Too often, the thinking that is done in conscious mind comes from entrenched egoic beliefs, or family values, cultural values, societal values, and this brainwashing often extends into personal evolution, politics, interpersonal relationships, scientific communities, authorities, religions, gurus, spiritual practices, to name a few areas. 

I would say that I still find myself on this journey to undo brainwashing a deep part of my spiritual path of discovering who I am, and as Ra says there is no end to self-discovery. Sometimes I wonder if I've even begun because the brainwashing seems to be like an onion, you peel off one layer and there is another one underneath.

The Q'uo channeling most recently posted actually talks about this, too:

Quote:You ask, this day, about the dark side, the shadow side, of the self, and what is it? Does it have a purpose and how does one balance it or use it, is this possible? My friends, this is a most important query, for within the cultures of your planet there are various mores [1] or customary expectations that are provided as givens, shall we say, that each within the culture must reproduce in some way, and if these cultural mores are ignored, or rejected for any reason, then there is the possibility of the entity so ignoring or rejecting a certain concept or quality [that it] then becomes relegated to the subconscious mind in order that it not be, shall we say, a bother or an irritating reminder to the conscious mind that it, indeed, exists at all. Various concepts throughout the many cultures of your planet may be found in such a darkened environment, shut away as within a closet, so that the conscious waking self may proceed on its daily round of activities without having to consider these qualities that are somewhat disturbing to it for whatever reason.

So, we would suggest to you, my friends, that the shadow side is that portion of any entity, especially the conscious seeking entity looking for truth in the life in the path, which cannot be dealt with clearly as a rule, and must be relegated to a safe place within the conscious mind, or more likely, for those who are not conscious of the seeking path, the subconscious mind. Thus, many of your peoples carry with them, what you might call “heavy baggage” that contains these qualities and concepts which are shunned, either by the culture as a whole, or by individuals according to unique personal experience. This “baggage” tends to weigh heavily upon each entity for it is that which is not understood, is not handled in a clear and open fashion so that there might be a fruit produced from the interaction of the entity and the concept. For, my friends, as we are sure you know, every experience that you have ever had has the capacity for teaching. Each person can learn a variety of lessons from any concept or quality of human behavior or endeavor.

When the mind and the heart are open to receiving any information that is available in the daily round of activities in an open manner, then there is a process of learning that is begun, oftentimes within confusion or doubt or disharmony, for these are those processes that, shall we say, grab one’s attention, and continue to offer the opportunity for balancing the learning within the individual according to the energy centers or chakras that are involved.

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues..._0106.aspx

I think the onion analogy is apt. I think all of it is also symbolic with the "raising of the veil", in partial but ever increasing increments.

Kind of side note that I just learned: 1/5th of the US economy is advertising.
(01-24-2018, 11:04 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ] If we can get our bodies to a more healthful state by intentionally refraining from that which we know to be poison, the incidental poisons are much more easily processed by the body.

This is very helpful Thank you!!!