Bring4th

Full Version: I think I just made my first contact with my guides? Or maybe I'm crazy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had just finished meditating for 30 minutes in my room with the lights off and a candle lit. Towards the end with my eyes closed I could kind of see the candle light start to flicker like crazy and I instantly had a feeling that something was trying to get my attention. *Keep in mind the candle light had been still during the entire meditation.

So out of nowhere once the flickering stopped I just asked "guides, if you're here, make the candle light flicker again." Sure enough a few seconds later the flame starts to make sporadic movements almost to the point of the candle blowing itself out..at this point I'm freaking out. Is this weird or what?

I continued to ask questions like if they will be with me when I go to work tonight and when I go back to school in two days... kept getting those flashy flickers seconds after asking the questions. Made me smile a little bit lol.

I have this bad problem of being unknown to my feelings and doubts about myself and everything around me...so I kept thinking what if this isn't real? I have a feeling it was, but it just seems like an odd time to try and contact me, interrupting me during a meditation? And this hadn't happened before like last time I meditated with the same candle...
The unknown works in mysterious ways.

Candle light in a dark room, that's cozy and some would say sexy.  What better time to communicate with someone you love?
Realize there is no real way to prove this, it is wholly subjective and if you doubt, you might be holding yourself back from a great realization that your guides love you and are always there helping you.

I guess one could say, your lack of faith is disturbing ;D
Or in less humorous tense, make a leap of faith that this was a synchronicity.  Maybe don't rely on it to happen every meditation but know you were 'listening' and someone else was too Smile

(Presumably your guides and not the NSA lol.)
When you prepare to meditate, do you set up a sacred space and create rules for who is allowed to enter that space and who is not?  If you don't do that yet, you may want to consider doing so henceforth to ensure that you're vibrating with what you want to be vibrating with and not with opportunistic passers by.  

Try not to become distracted by the glamour of novelty, but let your heart be your guide.  While this may sound like something out of a fortune cookie, it is a most worthy discipline.

(01-15-2018, 12:01 AM)blackwanderer Wrote: [ -> ]I had just finished meditating for 30 minutes in my room with the lights off and a candle lit. Towards the end with my eyes closed I could kind of see the candle light start to flicker like crazy and I instantly had a feeling that something was trying to get my attention. *Keep in mind the candle light had been still during the entire meditation.

So out of nowhere once the flickering stopped I just asked "guides, if you're here, make the candle light flicker again." Sure enough a few seconds later the flame starts to make sporadic movements almost to the point of the candle blowing itself out..at this point I'm freaking out. Is this weird or what?

I continued to ask questions like if they will be with me when I go to work tonight and when I go back to school in two days... kept getting those flashy flickers seconds after asking the questions. Made me smile a little bit lol.

I have this bad problem of being unknown to my feelings and doubts about myself and everything around me...so I kept thinking what if this isn't real? I have a feeling it was, but it just seems like an odd time to try and contact me, interrupting me during a meditation? And this hadn't happened before like last time I meditated with the same candle...
i gotta love your Post subject"I think I just made my first contact with my guides? Or maybe I'm crazy...""
In this dense illusion being crazy is part of the parcel Tongue
Being crazy is normal for humans.  Normal is an insult to the Human race.  No one thought it was normal at first to want to go to space, to go west, to go anywhere else.  It wasn't normal to believe in certain beliefs.  Or normal to want to risk your life for a cause.  It wasn't normal to like the same sex, or want to be a different sex, or a different species, or different at all.

But different IS the Human condition.

Normal is the antithesis of humanity.  We're all freaks on this marble.
I like the way guides will communicate with us at unexpected moments in a way that is both subtle and profound.  I think if you had the feeling it was a communication then that is what it is.  Don't question it, have faith that your guides are trying to get your attention and they have done this beautifully.  I often get these sorts of signs and communications.  You can't explain the significance of the moment to anyone else, yet deep inside you know it was powerful and they are letting you know they are nearby.  And the next dozen times you may get no flame flickering.  I get communication from my guides when I least expect it, yet when I am yearning for a sign I get nada.  

Enjoy it and treasure it when it happens.  I see this sort of thing as a type of encouragement and reassurance from our guides.
I just read a quote this morning from L/L talking about meditation being a necessary requisite to be able to make contact with one’s guides. I’ve had curious synchronicities, such a sound above my head at specific thoughts while meditating.
Our guides are right there with us but we aren’t adept at being able to sense their subtle vibrations. This is where the silence of meditation comes in to still the mind. So I think that you’re starting to pick up their vibrations.

All I would suggest is to keep doing what you’re doing. Persistence, dedication, and devotion will surely put you in clearer contact with your guides. I’m working at this myself as well. I’d love to be able to see or hear them. The other day while reading The Mystical Qabalah, Dion Fortune mentioned that it’s the higher self one often hears in the “inner ear”. Which I take to mean the sounds or voices that one “hears” that aren’t physical sounds or voices. Have you ever heard your name called but didn’t hear a voice? I think that’s the higher self making an attempt to get your attention. I’m not entirely sure, but it is interesting. I need more experience to talk further about these things.
Peregrine Wrote:Try not to become distracted by the glamour of novelty, but let your heart be your guide.

I wish to amplify this. It's wonderful that you've been afforded some signs of contact, BW. I don't think either of us are trying to rain on your parade -- it is noteworthy and heartening. Just do your very best, I advise, not to make contact all about outward signs. This is a reflection of previous work you've done, so keep continuing that work!

Thanks for recounting your experience.
(01-15-2018, 03:45 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]When you prepare to meditate, do you set up a sacred space and create rules for who is allowed to enter that space and who is not?  If you don't do that yet, you may want to consider doing so henceforth to ensure that you're vibrating with what you want to be vibrating with and not with opportunistic passers by.

Passers by? Like who (or what)?
(01-15-2018, 12:01 AM)blackwanderer Wrote: [ -> ]I had just finished meditating for 30 minutes in my room with the lights off and a candle lit. Towards the end with my eyes closed I could kind of see the candle light start to flicker like crazy and I instantly had a feeling that something was trying to get my attention. *Keep in mind the candle light had been still during the entire meditation.

Hi blackwanderer, here are my thoughts on your contacts with guides

“I instantly had a feeling that something was trying to get my attention”

and

“so I kept thinking what if this isn’t real?”

Right there are the two poles of thought, you would do well to “balance” them in your being in ways that Ra suggest balancing.

What you may find is that there is no possible way to know for certain - higher density beings are invisible with no means of proof via instrumentation - other than your feelings.

Because your “feeling” that this is genuine contact is so strong, it is easy to sway heavily towards the possibility that this is guide contact ... but be cautious ! Your immediate desire to test the waters, asking questions, getting answers will no doubt put your quick trust into this entity. And remember where we started. There is no way for certain to know whether this is in fact your guides other than your feeling about it. I would concentrate on toning that feeling back towards balance just a bit before trying again!

Good luck. Awakenings are so exciting, I am rooting for your success.
Michael

(01-15-2018, 11:50 AM)blackwanderer Wrote: [ -> ]Passers by? Like who (or what)?

Edit : I do not know for certain what peregrine meant, but consider this:

‘Ra’ Wrote:Ra: I am Ra. Imagine, if you will, the sands of your shores. As countless as the grains of sand are the sources of intelligent infinity
(01-15-2018, 11:50 AM)blackwanderer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 03:45 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]When you prepare to meditate, do you set up a sacred space and create rules for who is allowed to enter that space and who is not?  If you don't do that yet, you may want to consider doing so henceforth to ensure that you're vibrating with what you want to be vibrating with and not with opportunistic passers by.

Well, I would set the context this way.  If you really are slipping into the zone of transformation, then you should account for the risks involved.  Why?  Because you are basically playing with fire with your eyes closed--that is, you cannot see into the darkness.  It's kinda like the Godzilla tarot card, Matrix of the Spirit, as I recall.

Why is it dangerous?  Because in order to get something, you have to give something, and if you're not careful, you may give away what matters most to you.  Kinda like the father in Beauty and the Beast accepting to give the beast the first creature who greets him when he returns home, thinking it would be a dog and not his beloved daughter.

More specifically, the esoteric literature is full of warnings about nasty astral beings who will take advantage of you if you offer the opportunity.  One sort of example: Ra discusses cases of channels who begin channeling positive material, but then drift off into self-serving material because the spirit being channel is actually malevolent.  And the channel didn't care enough to ensure his/her own alignment.

Another type of example is a book about spirit contact by a well respected clinical psychiatrist who also happens to be a Swedenborgian, Wilson Van Dusen.  He reports how some patients described being badgered and tormented by spirits, and yet how a certain percentage of patients described spirits respecting their boundaries (free will).

Long story short, if you plan to march out into the dark woods where there is no path, you need some kind of protection.  The best protection is knowledge of (faith in) your own purity--Ra says something like this someplace...--and the way to know that is in your heart.....in my view.

On the other hand, I might be crazy, myself?

(01-15-2018, 07:10 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2018, 11:50 AM)blackwanderer Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, I would set the context this way.  If you really are slipping into the zone of transformation, then you should account for the risks involved.  Why?  Because you are basically playing with fire with your eyes closed--that is, you cannot see into the darkness.  It's kinda like the Godzilla tarot card, Matrix of the Spirit, as I recall.

Why is it dangerous?  Because in order to get something, you have to give something, and if you're not careful, you may give away what matters most to you.  Kinda like the father in Beauty and the Beast accepting to give the beast the first creature who greets him when he returns home, thinking it would be a dog and not his beloved daughter.

More specifically, the esoteric literature is full of warnings about nasty astral beings who will take advantage of you if you offer the opportunity.  One sort of example: Ra discusses cases of channels who begin channeling positive material, but then drift off into self-serving material because the spirit being channel is actually malevolent.  And the channel didn't care enough to ensure his/her own alignment.

Another type of example is a book about spirit contact by a well respected clinical psychiatrist who also happens to be a Swedenborgian, Wilson Van Dusen.  He reports how some patients described being badgered and tormented by spirits, and yet how a certain percentage of patients described spirits respecting their boundaries (free will).

Long story short, if you plan to march out into the dark woods where there is no path, you need some kind of protection.  The best protection is knowledge of (faith in) your own purity--Ra says something like this someplace...--and the way to know that is in your heart.....in my view.

On the other hand, I might be crazy, myself?

I couldn't agree more. When light is called, the darkness will be curious. Not to worry, it can be great catalyst to see the distortions that are keeping you from the gateway.

What has helped me is having a strong principal for any work I do, usually it is for the seeking of 'absolute truth' or 'I am here to accept everything as nothing is separate from me'. This helps to block fear, resentment or temptation into grandiosity/spiritual pride. When pervading thought streams occur, you can halt them in the name of your principles and proclaim "I have more potential than that!"