Bring4th

Full Version: Good morning! - and a question about love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a glorious morning! The sun shines in full force and I just can't help radiating love and light to the entire creation! Heart

I was hoping for a good entry way in the Ra material to understanding what love actually is?
(01-18-2018, 05:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]What a glorious morning! The sun shines in full force and I just can't help radiating love and light to the entire creation! Heart
I was hoping for a good entry way in the Ra material to understanding what love actually is?

[Image: source.gif]

[Image: serdce-devushki.gif]

[Image: ankhesenamen_golden_aten_thron_by_snowso...37ergx.jpg]

Hey, hey, Louisabell, -- don't soak up all the sunshine over yonder in Oz because about
sixteen hours later we'll be needing it over here, bright and early, in the U.S. of good old A.!
Cheers!

[Image: PabVQhs.gif]  Cool

[Image: Don+sees+the+white+light+on+a+flight.gif]

TWO HYPOTHESES RE. HUMAN LOVE:
1. Love is a Power (like the flower that is mine, when I'm walking with my darling
and we're holding hands, and life is fine, 'cause she understands)

2. Love is when your baby don't hurt you no more (and handles your CDs carefully)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOME VIEWS BY A FAR-OUT SOURCE RE. A CERTAIN "DISTORTION TOWARDS LOVE,
AS YOU [HUMANS] CALL THIS SPIRITUAL/EMOTIONAL COMPLEX"

From Session 19.17:

Questioner: Can you tell me what bias creates their momentum toward the chosen path
of Service To Self?

Ra: I am Ra. We can speak only in metaphor. Some love the light. Some love the darkness.
It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its ex-
periences as a child on a picnic. Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food
delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation. Some find the night delicious,
their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities
of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.

From Session 27.12:

Q: I would like for you to define love in the sense -- in its sense as the Second Distortion.

Ra: I am Ra. This must be defined against the background of Intelligent Infinity or Unity or the
One Creator with the Primal Distortion of Free Will. The term Love then may be seen as the focus,
the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order which causes
Intelligent Energy to be formed from the potential of Intelligent Infinity in just such and such a
way. This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and
the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshipped as the Creator instead of
Unity or Oneness from which all Loves emanate.

From Session 81.23:

Q: Just. . . it's unimportant, but just roughly how many other of these galaxies has Ra, shall we
say, traveled to?

Ra: I am Ra. We have opened our hearts in radiation of love to the entire Creation. Approximately
90 percent of Creation is at some level aware of the sending and able to reply. All of the infinite
Logoi are one in the consciousness of love. This is the type of contact which we enjoy rather than
travel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the way, my good friend Bruce (who travels extensively all over the planet, looking for an edge to
fall off of so as to prove the Flat Earth Theory true), says that this is just the God's Own Earth he en-
countered when, as a busking musician/dancer, he toured the Outback playing the Beatles' "Get Back"
as be-bop on a rebec whilst doing the Hucklebuck:

Obviously no distortion going on here -- just straight cultural anthropology (not to mention Hegelian philosophy)! Angel
(01-18-2018, 08:34 PM)Dekalb_Blues Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2018, 05:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]What a glorious morning! The sun shines in full force and I just can't help radiating love and light to the entire creation! Heart

[Image: source.gif]
Thank you Delta! This was so nice to see.
When I had my initial moment of opening to intelligent infinity I was inside that.
The colours were different, orange and fushia and good god the highs, the lows collected over lives just made the highs higher like contrast not content. Pure bliss/ecstasy, all experiences distilled, love.

I saved the graphic, thanks for sharing that. I'd say you nailed it.
(01-18-2018, 05:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping for a good entry way in the Ra material to understanding what love actually is?

Quote:15.21 Questioner: Well, in yesterday’s material you stated “we offer the Law of One, the solving of paradoxes.” You also mentioned earlier that the first paradox, or the first distortion I meant, was the distortion of free will. Could you tell me if there’s a sequence? Is there a first, second, third, fourth distortion of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. Only up to a very short point. After this point, the many-ness of distortions are equal one to another. The first distortion, free will, finds focus. This is the second distortion known to you as Logos, the Creative Principle or Love. This intelligent energy thus creates a distortion known as Light. From these three distortions come many, many hierarchies of distortions, each having its own paradoxes to be synthesized, no one being more important than another.
(01-18-2018, 05:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping for a good entry way in the Ra material to understanding what love actually is?

I think actually a lot of the conscious channeling is more descriptive.  Pre-1980 channeling tend to revolve around this.

Your curiosity is fully understandable: Confederation sources have often reminded us that the word "love" is inadequate for what they are often trying to describe. It's bigger than the feeling, that's for sure. 

I keep coming back to the force in Star Wars as analogy, except I think it's not as discrete as they describe the force being.  And it doesn't have a "dark" side so much as a "distorted" side -- things like anger and hate and fear are part of love, just twisted realizations of it. But for that matter, even our positive feelings of love tend to be distorted as well, to the extent that they map to illusion.

It also is mysterious that the thing we feel so universally in our experience is on the same continuum as the force that led to the Creation -- not metaphorically, but in a thoroughly physical way (let us call this "cosmic love"):

Ra Wrote:Awareness led to the focus of infinity into infinite energy. You have called this by various vibrational sound complexes, the most common to your ears being “Logos” or “Love.”

So I think what we feel as love is really the projection of cosmic love into human consciousness (recall that "projection" is when you take a higher dimensional thing and realize it in a lower dimensional thing, like a 2-dimensional shadow representing a 3-dimensional body in 2d). What the broader cosmic love is has more to do with fundamental metaphysical questions about how reality is truly constituted.

Building on my previous posts on similar topics, I think the concept of "focus" helps explain what separation actually means within the Creation: that it is not truly a rending of one part from another so much as a narrowing of the attention, the perception. Along these lines, perhaps love is merely the tendency of the Creation to return to its state of unity, and we only call it "love" rather than "reality" because our attachment to the illusion forces us to distort it into something comprehensible within the illusion of separation.

From my perspective, love is attention. A very deep and encompassing attention.

When attention is pure, you merge with the object of attention -- become one with it. This is love.

So when it reaches those deeper thresholds people often use other words to describe it like: "acceptance" or "appreciation" or "oneness".

Why does a child act out to get their parents attention even when they just punish him or her? Why does a forum member post inane posts they know are going to get extreme backlash? Because everyone needs love, and that is the closest thing they can get. A low level of attention/love. It is like light, or air, or food, or water. You'll need it even if its poor quality. It has a multitude of spectrums, hues, frequencies, and manifestations. As others on the forum have noted, every ray is a different focus of light/love. When it reaches the green ray level, the focus is on harmony or understanding (compassion/empathy), which is what most people consider to be love, because it smoothes out the barriers between other selves.

Polarity is also like attention, or love, from my perspective. It is when momentum has become very strong, either towards self, or the wholeness of creation. A state of absorption/radiance which produces a spiritual gravity field which can do work in consciousness (magic).
Ah.  Love.

Before my becoming a conspiracy nut after the Boston Bombing (which led me to The Source Field Studies aka David Wilcock) and subsequently finding the Hidden Hand Dialogue then the Ra Mateiial, God to me before all of that was simply to me an omniscient omnipresent but not omnipotent being.  Whom was less of a being and closer to a kind of energy or 'existence'

Essentially Love was, to me anyways, (and realize to me Love = Creator/God) a...  Not just an emotion or an energy, but was the very underlying fabric to the fabrics of existence, it was simply the most important thing to search for because of it's perfection.

I had a whole idea and it went blurry on me...  I had a mental image but lost it...

I used to a surprisingly close idea of Creator as Ra posited it.  It's funny that the 'closer' I thought I was to knowing and understanding that which I sought all my life, the more disarray I experience.

Love is the unknown force of all that is un/known I guess.

I thought this was going to be a more helpful post -_-

Welcome Louisabell,

just remembered reading this recently, it has been posted by L/L on Facebook just two weeks ago:

Latwii Wrote:Questioner: Yes. Will you clear up one other concept that has bothered me, and that’s the meaning of love. It seems to me that in the English language we use it to mean so many different things, and most of the time it’s just an emotional experience. Right now, I think of love as the unconditional or the total acceptance of the self, of all selves, shall I say. Would you comment on the meaning of love?

Latwii: I am Latwii, and am aware of your query, my sister. ... Love, my friends, has many meanings among your peoples. The meaning which we would choose to share with you at this time is that type of love of which each of you is only dimly aware. It is an experience of acceptance, of being, and of the Creator, which may be approached through a surrender of the self to all that is. When an entity upon your planet surrenders the self to the experience of love, then the entity opens its being to knowing what forgiveness means, for all is seen as One, and how can One hold anger for any when all is seen as the Creator? All is then accepted as the Creator knowing Itself.

Each entity is seen as the Creator. The self which is seen is also recognized as this Creator so that a band of unity binds each entity to each other entity, and there is only seen the desire to be of service to the one Creator by serving the parts or portions known as other selves. The desire is great, for that which is known as love is felt for each. The pains and sorrows, the difficulties, are seen, and it is felt deep within the self that to minister to those selves feeling such pain is a great necessity. Therefore, an entity which seeks to know love, to know compassion, then does begin, step-by-step, to appreciate and to understand each other entity, as well as the self, as being the one Creator, and the great need is felt to be of service to the One through the many.

-`ღ´-
And another Latwii quote on love, the one I was originally looking for, and that has just been re-posted by John Traffas in The Law of One: Ra Material Study Group on Facebook:

Latwii Wrote:Love, my friends, is not what you think it is. The word in your language has a meaning that has various interpretations. But it is none of these things. We use the word when we speak to you, because it is as close as we can come to the concept, using your language. Love, my friends, is that force which does all of the things that are done in the entire creation. All of the things, my friends, even those that you would interpret as being without love. If it were not for that love, my friends, then the freedom of choice to do these things could not exist. It is only necessary that the individual realize the truth of what I am saying in order to be able to do those things that he was originally intended to be able to do by the Creator of us all.

The things that he was intended to be able to do are quite surprising. They extend so far beyond your present limitations that I could not possibly convey to you the scope and magnitude of these abilities. However, it is possible, let me assure you, through proper methods of advancing your understanding with respect to its present limitations, to regain what is rightfully yours, the knowledge that you have buried within you, the knowledge of the use of our Creator’s light through love.

It is very, very important, my friends, that you seek an understanding of love. Do not be satisfied with your first interpretation of this concept, for it is much, much broader in scope than you might imagine. It covers everything that there is.

I am going to instruct the people of your planet on the use of love. This will be done in an unusual way, but please bear with me. We have found that it is necessary to do things in unusual ways, as far as you are concerned. It is necessary to teach to you a way of thinking that is not common to the people of your planet, if you are to rapidly gain understanding of the concepts that are of utmost importance in your present progression. There are three ways to achieve a knowledge of love.

The first way is to relax, and let your mind become at rest. This is the method of meditation. If this is done, on a daily basis, then it is not possible to shut out the love that is ever present. You will become aware of the true creation and its meaning.

The second way is to go forth among the people of your planet and serve them. They will return to you love, and you will absorb this love and store it within your being. I must at this time caution that this service to your people must be done in such a way that it is service that they wish. Do not make a mistake, as so many of your people have done, in trying to impress an unwanted or unsolicited service upon your neighbor. To go forth and to serve your fellow man at this time upon your planet requires much care and planning, for it is at this time rather difficult to accomplish, for interpretations of service vary greatly, and it is necessary that you understand what service is, in order for yours to be effective. This can only be done by following the first step, or plan, which is meditation.

The third technique is to give all that you have to your fellow man. If this is done, then you will not be encumbered by material possessions. You will no longer give part of your love to material possessions. Giving love to material possessions is an extreme waste of your abilities. This is a mistake that is made by most of the people of this planet. It is necessary, if one is to attempt this method of gaining love, to divorce oneself from the desire for material things.

Each one of these three avenues may be used. Each one will produce results. At present, it is very difficult to work and live within a society such as yours and to allow each of these programs for knowing love. It is therefore suggested by those of us of the Confederation of Planets in His Service that you employ the first method. Meditation. my friends, will allow you to decide to what extent you may employ the other two methods, for it is sometimes impractical to attempt to literally follow these two suggestions, in that those whom you attempt to serve will not understand. It is, however, recommended that you keep each of these methods in mind, for they are all important.

-`ღ´-
Love is the Original Thought.

Everything that we perceive around us - and everything we perceive ourselves to be - is a thought form, a collection of concepts in the Mind of the Creator. We perceive a thought-form world around us with thought-form senses, which makes it all seem real. But the only thing that's actually real is Consciousness - the Creator's consciousness, for there is no other - which chooses to act, and to perceive itself, through layers and layers of thought-forms.

Love is the original thought-form, the first incursion of pure Being into Illusion (Creation). It is therefore the part or aspect of Illusion that is closest to non-illusory Being, and that is what makes it so extraordinarily potent; it is pure Creator as represented within the Creator's Mind; it is the Logos.

The Oneness of the Creator is pure harmony -- it is beyond harmony, because, the Creator being One, there is nothing to harmonize.
Within the illusion of Multiplicity, Perfect Harmony is the closest approximation to the state of Oneness. Therefore, the Universe as created by Logos (Love) is multiplicity-in-perfect-harmony. This is why Love, as we experience it, has an extraordinary power to harmonize, to make thought-forms consistent with all that is of Love.

Love is by definition unconditional - it accepts all that is, as it is, and loves it - welcomes it - wishes it well and delights in its existence. What we call "conditional love" is simply our choice to not express love under given circumstances; but love, when it is expressed, is inherently unconditional.

Hatonn Wrote:Saturday Meditation
December 25, 1982
When we speak of love, we speak of something exceedingly simplistic. That is, one thing from which all depends. The one original Thought of the infinite Creator has been called logos and love and we say to you that you may find it in diverse places, in all manner of situations (inaudible) in the sanctity and peace of your conscience or in the noisy humdrum of the daily routine.

Quo Wrote:Saturday Meditation
April 2, 2016
So how can the concept of love, then, that which you see as the open-hearted sharing of compassion and understanding, of acceptance, be able to protect one, shall we say, to heal one? In essence, these are two facets of one ability of the concept of love that moves from the green-ray energy center within each being who has opened the heart in the giving and receiving of love. When you love, you are awakening this same quality in entities around you, in the forces of nature, shall we say, that also surround you. If you can open your heart in the ability to love those entities, those experiences, and those qualities of yourself that you see reflected to you by all around you, then you are creating a vibration not only in your own heart and your own being, but a vibration which moves outward to those that are in your vicinity, those that are in the direction of your will, of your being, of the nature of who you are. There is a sympathetic vibration then set up so that the love that you feel for others is reflected back to you from them, for love speaks to itself, your love and their love is one love. This love, then, if you direct it to do so, may provide you with a kind of vibratory shield, shall we say, that allows in only other qualities of love that you may be desirous of experiencing in the form of protection or of healing. For each of you has chosen those experiences within your incarnation, and have chosen them previous to the incarnation in order that you might be able to discover more of the nature of love as it exists within your being, and as it can exist as you move further and further into the spiritual journey, into the reunification with the One Creator that you see all about you.

The love then, that moves out from you as a function of your free will to offer it to others, then sets up this sympathetic vibration that is able to vibrate in this quality of understanding, this quality of wholeness, this quality of healing, so that it moves back to you, and offers to you a sense of well-being, reawakens in you the sense of knowing that all is truly well, that if it does not seem to be so in your perceptions, then there is the necessity for reassessing, perhaps, your own perceptions within the meditative state. For you are indeed a portion of the One Creator. You have accepted various distortions within your being in order to work those out in a balancing fashion. If these distortions cause you seeming harm, disease, or lack of the feeling of well-being then there is work that you may do, profitably, in the process of furthering your own evolution as you come more and more into harmony with the basic quality of love that exists everywhere, my friends, most especially within each heart that seeks it.

When you reflect on the nature of love, then, you may say that it is an energy of a high nature which precedes those distinctions which make individual experiences possible. [...]

Now, the kind of love which is expressed and experienced by those who are individuated–those who are enjoying lifetimes in dimensions which have been ordered, as you say, by time and space–are those who participate in a kind of being which has its roots prior to time and space having arisen in the first place. It is for that very reason that love itself can be seen as a sort of transport from one domain or dimension to another, and it can also be seen as that characteristic which most clearly and most deeply defines the one original thought within the one original Creator.

Now that Creator has undergone down through the ages an infinitely large number of distortions or divisions of itself–separations of itself from itself–and these separations are what we have given the name “free will” to. For each individual spark, or facet, or scintilla[1] of the one great original thought is charged in such a way that it will seek again its source, and so seeking, will bring back to that source a refined intelligence of itself. As far as we understand, my friends, that is the purpose of the creation. The creation is a continuous event placed within love, such that love goes out from itself with the express intent of returning to itself. But as this process has been reiterated time upon time upon time upon time, there has been created a system of illusions by means of which it has been possible for these scintillas of love gone out from the source to articulate themselves, to refine their balances inwardly so that the intelligence of the original love they bring back to that source may be more eloquent, may be more refined, and in that sense may be more informative.
That which divides in order to experience the bliss of union.
There was a time when I was quite focused on my potential. So obsessed at times that delusions of grandeur would pervade my thoughts. I would respond in anger if people didn't see how impressive I was.

At the point that I truly believed I was the one and only potential, that my instinct was so refined that I no longer needed to think or analyse, I realised that I now can only see the potential in others. I started being able to say things to people that could build character, as oppose to tugging at strings.

I thought I was so very clever for seeing distortions in others, for how could others not see them as well as I? Wasn't this proof that I was the One?

And yet how very very imperceptive of me for not being able to see the huge abyss forming behind the eyes of other people, as I ruthlessly tore their potential to shreds in my subconscious mind.

I am not Karma, I am Instinct. I am the instinct to heal, to build and to love just for the sake of it. I couldn't think of anything more thrilling than to help others realise their own potential, carved from their divinely given freewill.

I always hated it when we fought and you'd deconstruct my words until they had no meaning at all. There was no longer any productive communication, but I saw that you were still trying, so I decided to love you anyway, because for me, that was finally enough.
(01-19-2018, 06:56 PM)Nía Wrote: [ -> ]And another Latwii quote on love, the one I was originally looking for, and that has just been re-posted by John Traffas in The Law of One: Ra Material Study Group on Facebook:

Latwii Wrote:The first way is to relax, and let your mind become at rest. This is the method of meditation. If this is done, on a daily basis, then it is not possible to shut out the love that is ever present. You will become aware of the true creation and its meaning.

The second way is to go forth among the people of your planet and serve them. They will return to you love, and you will absorb this love and store it within your being. I must at this time caution that this service to your people must be done in such a way that it is service that they wish. Do not make a mistake, as so many of your people have done, in trying to impress an unwanted or unsolicited service upon your neighbor. To go forth and to serve your fellow man at this time upon your planet requires much care and planning, for it is at this time rather difficult to accomplish, for interpretations of service vary greatly, and it is necessary that you understand what service is, in order for yours to be effective. This can only be done by following the first step, or plan, which is meditation.

The third technique is to give all that you have to your fellow man. If this is done, then you will not be encumbered by material possessions /.../

I think love is the purest manifestation of unity of the original thought but ultimately love is a mystery beyond knowing and definitions. However, we can understand and learn the ways of love. I've found the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman very helpful in this. If you want to speak to someone, you have to know his or her language and dialect. It's the same with loving. If you don't know the language of the other (especially your spouse) your service (expression of love) may not be interpreted as such and the other may feel dry and empty.

Chapman lists these 5 love languages:
  1. receiving gifts,
  2. quality time,
  3. words of affirmation,
  4. acts of service (devotion),
  5. physical touch.

Another similar list are the Works of mercy from the Catholic Church teachings.
Corporal works of mercy:
  1. To feed the hungry.
  2. To give water to the thirsty.
  3. To clothe the naked.
  4. To shelter the homeless.
  5. To visit the sick.
  6. To visit the imprisoned, or ransom the captive.
  7. To bury the dead.

Spiritual works of mercy:
  1. To instruct the ignorant.
  2. To counsel the doubtful.
  3. To admonish the sinners.
  4. To bear patiently those who wrong us.
  5. To forgive offenses.
  6. To comfort the afflicted.
  7. To pray for the living and the dead.
If you want outside the Ra material there was this thread : https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthre...?tid=10975

My favorite bit :

Latwii - January 12, 1974 Wrote: Wrote:Love, my friends, is not what you think it is. The word in your language has a meaning that has various interpretations. But it is none of these things. We use the word when we speak to you, because it is as close as we can come to the concept, using your language. Love, my friends, is that force which does all of the things that are done in the entire creation. All of the things, my friends, even those that you would interpret as being without love.
I’ve been asking myself this for the past week, What is Love? For me it comes down to presence a holding of all that is with equanimity. Still practicing.
The confounding thing about this question is that it might be better formulated as "what isn't love?"

That Latwii 74 quote was hugely important to me beginning to grapple with the sheer immensity of what union with the Creator means. Everybody has their own exploration because everybody, I believe, has a unique insight into, or channel of, the love that pervades all.

In order to truly reckon with what the Confederation is pointing at, it is incumbent on us to expand our willingness to accept everything we see, feel, experience, and encounter. A little self-awareness of our anthropocentric understanding of love goes a long way, if you ask me, towards loosening up towards our personal need for love coloring the way we define it philosophically. What is required in order to begin to understand love in its totality, I believe, is to let the yellow ray personality drop away.

Now to be clear: this is not required from a polarization perspective, because polarization seems to work by using the illusion as a background against which to realize love's totality -- in other words, you don't need to understand love in order to polarize, but you do need to have some kind of foundation akin to understanding to begin to define it. I'm simply saying that in terms of arriving at a philosophically robust articulation of love, I really believe we have to do significant work in not anthropomorphizing it. If love is beautiful and terrible and peaceful and violent and everything in between and more, it's not going to be very useful to your personal drama.

There's a Confederation quote from somewhere that says we can't love and serve if we have anything at stake, and I think this is part of what that means: as long as we're invested in the third density social game of material goods, personality connections, etc., we need love to manifest in a way that enables those experiences. There's nothing wrong with that game at all; it is a tool to learn with. It's just that it's going to be hard to speak and write about on its own terms. I mean, the Confederation has a decent vocabulary at their disposal and even they struggle with this.
(01-22-2018, 11:45 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]The confounding thing about this question is that it might be better formulated as "what isn't love?"

I agree that this is a good place—if not the only place—to start, if one is inclined to define love. But that's the paradox right there. Love (as is referred to in this discussion—not human conditional love) is out the 3D realm of definition with human words.

The first thing one might say love isn't, is conditional. So it follows that words, being limited, and each word having conditions, wouldn't work. And so goes the hamster wheel of the mind.

One might explore the idea of love as effect rather than definition, as is utilized with subatomic particles. Subatomic particles cannot be observed directly, but their effects can be observed.
(01-22-2018, 02:07 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2018, 11:45 AM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]The confounding thing about this question is that it might be better formulated as "what isn't love?"

I agree that this is a good place—if not the only place—to start, if one is inclined to define love. But that's the paradox right there. Love (as is referred to in this discussion—not human conditional love) is out the 3D realm of definition with human words.

The first thing one might say love isn't, is conditional. So it follows that words, being limited, and each word having conditions, wouldn't work. And so goes the hamster wheel of the mind.

One might explore the idea of love as effect rather than definition, as is utilized with subatomic particles. Subatomic particles cannot be observed directly, but their effects can be observed.

So we may understand what love is through light, seems like we're repeating the Logoic pattern. Now I'm back at contemplating human drama to better understand the effect of love in what it is.

Edit : Seems like the unity of love simply is that all responses are rightful to be and should be understood as such to be in perception of this unity. Beliefs in non-unity trap love into being focused in separately-understood aspects of itself, and which yet come to signify all the other aspects once understood to be them all reflected.