Bring4th

Full Version: teacher plants - ate Ethiopian for the first time and met a being
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know some of you here are from Africa and I wondered if there is any lore about teacher plants in your region.

I've never had an experience like I had on Saturday but basically I ate A LOT of Ethiopian food. I had never had any thing like it before and it was amazing. It felt like stuff that my body had been lacking my whole life, by the end of the meal I basically felt medicated. In a good way, my energy felt lifted above my body a bit(shifted 6-8" up) but I was sleepy and relaxed. An hour later I had a bad headache that passed quickly and the night seemed normal till 3 am when I woke to a noise, opened my eyes and there was a brownish waist height fern/bark/mushroom looking being staring at me at the side of the bed. It had no eyes so I use that word loosely but it was hanging out with me. The last time I saw a being standing there(right beside me vs at the foot of the bed) in full colour was almost a decade ago and it was a black wolf so it seemed significant.

I admit old habits(it had no face) I did the scream thing then popped out of theta brain state and it was to late to go back.
I have never seen anything like that(fern/mushroom/bark looking being with no face) and obviously put it down to new energy I was introduced to through the Ethiopian food.

I've not had other foods effect me like this so I am wondering if that was a teacher/allie from that region.
Ethiopia having been influenced heavily by Christianity I am not seeing evidence they believe in such things so thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone from that region has heard/read anything that might relate to this interesting(to me) vision.
thanks
Ethiopian food is by far my favorite variety of cuisine. I haven't had any visions on it, but I wish I would.

If you're interested, I have a recipe for Shiro Wat on my blog with a homemade Mit'n Shiro recipe:

http://www.socialmemorycomplex.net/2011/...tin-shiro/

You can buy Mit'n Shiro online if you prefer.

I've never had success making the injera, though, but most restaurants will just sell you a bunch.
That's interesting.

I was shocked at how "unique" I found Ethiopian food the few times I tried it. Not even slightly comparable to any other food I've had.

I've been drinking Ethiopian Coffee daily (Yirgacheffe) and its *by far* the best coffee I've ever had.
(01-24-2018, 02:08 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Ethiopian food is by far my favorite variety of cuisine.  I haven't had any visions on it, but I wish I would.

If you're interested, I have a recipe for Shiro Wat on my blog with a homemade Mit'n Shiro recipe:

http://www.socialmemorycomplex.net/2011/...tin-shiro/

You can buy Mit'n Shiro online if you prefer.

I've never had success making the injera, though, but most restaurants will just sell you a bunch.

Holy thats awesome!!
I'm going to have to try eating Ethiopian a few more times before I try recreating it. Thank you for the recipe though.
I'm good with breads if I crack the injera I will tell you the trick.

I was amazed how second nature eating with the injera was, yes I'm craving it right now. BigSmile

As to the vision earlier in meditation I called the energy back and I could really feel why it would be of benefit to me. It functioned strongly on solar plexus, heart, and throat chakra. Solar plexus being my weeker link. Such a warm full uplifting energy. I'm thinking saturday again this week.Smile
(01-24-2018, 02:37 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]That's interesting.

I was shocked at how "unique" I found Ethiopian food the few times I tried it. Not even slightly comparable to any other food I've had.

I've been drinking Ethiopian Coffee daily (Yirgacheffe) and its *by far* the best coffee I've ever had.

It really is, isn't it. I had a near religious experience my first time eating turkish food and spices, literal tears of joy but this was different from that even. Can't describe it but I assume you get it and I dont have to anyways. Wink
(01-24-2018, 05:55 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I'm good with breads if I crack the injera I will tell you the trick.

Yeah the big issue is getting a cooking surface flat and wide enough to spread the heat out and do it right. Other than that it's just like a sourdough buckwheat pancake, so you just leave the dough out overnight to get sour Smile

You're also probably going to want to source some berbere online, watch out if you don't like heat (I incorporated a homemade berbere into the mit'n shirt recipe, which is why it has so many ingredients -- it's essentially chickpea flour with berbere). I find berbere makes everything from hummus to steaks better.

(01-24-2018, 05:55 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]I was amazed how second nature eating with the injera was, yes I'm craving it right now. BigSmile

Most people have a real problem with it. I lucked out that I spent a year with a host mom originally from Ghana, so I'm used to dipping fufu in fish and lamb stews with my hands. We even drank the strongest green tea you can possibly imagine out of giant communal bowls. Injera is far easier to deal with than fufu as an "edible utensil". It's actually a really intimate way to share a meal.
I've had a lot of luck with this place: http://ethiopianspices.com
Ethiopean places seem pretty scarce where I am, otherwise I would love to gorge myself on this cuisine and hope to meet a fungoid late at night.
(01-24-2018, 06:59 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a lot of luck with this place: http://ethiopianspices.com

Thank you!
(01-25-2018, 05:18 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: [ -> ]Ethiopean places seem pretty scarce where I am, otherwise I would love to gorge myself on this cuisine and hope to meet a fungoid late at night.

Late Night Fungaloids

did you just inspire a dope ass band name?