Bring4th

Full Version: Thoughts on Freemasonry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was drawn to the Law of One after stumbling upon Hidden_Hands posts about a year ago, that time was a period of great confusion for me and while
I will spare you my life story (Maybe I'll bring it up in another thread!) I will say that reading the Law of One has completely changed my life. It is as though a magic switch has been flipped and my life is unfolding in an amazing fashion.

Anyway I have petitioned to become a Freemason and it was granted... It is something I have been quite excited about and my initiation is set in a couple of months. As I wait I figured I would log in and ask you guys what your thoughts on this are. Thanks!
hello roarssk and welcome.
i can only give u my thoughts pertaining to myself . if u find them
useful fine if not please disregard them as useless for you.

personally i do not join any groups. what i have found with groups is that
they tend to try to manipulate you usually with fear and shame.
and usually they want your money and will tell you if u dont give
them your money there is something wrong with you. i really know nothing about free masonry but most groups usually have some kind of a
hierarchy and the people at the top are always somehow better than
the people at the bottom.
personally i believe that divinity lives in each one of us and nobodys
divinity is any better than anybody elses. and i dont need someone to
tell me how to access my own divinity.
this is just my own take and has nothing to do with anybody else.
i hope it might be of some small help to you

norral
My wife's uncle is a freemason (shriner) and at his level, which is what most typical member have attained, they are completely unaware of the material you refer to above, and of course the Law of One. I would also keep in mind that the entities running those organizations are attempting to graduate negatively.

I would suggest meditating/praying on it, and ask for guidance. If this is something you are still drawn to strongly, then go for it. Experience is experience!
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please disregard my thoughts if they do not ring true to you.

I believe it was Ra that commented on this subject but I am not sure. I shall paraphrase so please be aware of possible errors in my memory.

The joining of a 'secret' society or the intent of such an action as yet unrealised sends a vibrational message. The message may be interpreted as the statement " I myself do not have access to certain knowledge and thus I become sub-servant to an entity / organisation that claims to enjoy a more 'enlightened' perspective of our illusion."

This in my opinion represents the relinquishment of free will, which of course we are all perfectly entitled to. The question being, is it a good idea for a soul on the positive (STOS) path?

The type of enlightenment that such a group offers does not involve the heart (green ray) chakra and by-passes compassion on route to a purely 'mental' path, opening the lower and upper energy centers without regard for the heart.

I believe at an advanced stage of initiation the mason is introduced to Lucifer and some Universal Truths. These truths however can be experienced and integrated without the ordeal of years of blind commitment to an organisation whose operations mostly take place in the shadows.

I have heard that when reaching the so called 33° these truths are revealed. The 33° I believe is a reference to the angle of rotation of the photon (light) in 4th density. The proverbial 'carrot' of 4D is held in front of the mason and usually results in unwavering devotion to what ever agenda is presented. This is the STS path and a very effective method of 'recruiting' wanderers and seekers and re-directing their path.

As already stated, if you feel that Freemasonry is for you and you have thought the whole thing through then all is well and as it should be.

Love, Light and best wishes for your future.
Hi Roarssk, thank you for joining the forum and welcome!
I should give my standard disclaimer that I'm not the Questioner of the Ra books, but one who seeks to honor Don's work.

I like the comments you've received so far.

Your life story would be welcome here!
There are many people on the forum who would be honored and pleased to learn about your study of the Law of One, and why you see it as a magic switch with amazing results.

What is most appealing to you about Freemasonry? It has many different facets - social club, do-gooder opportunities, mysterious influence on history, esoteric rituals and teachings, big fancy buildings that host art receptions. BigSmile What do you hope it all could mean in your life?

As I see it, the Law of One says that this third-density-of-consciousness life is all about making a Choice, to polarize towards serving others or towards using others to serve ourselves. Do you feel that this is an accurate interpretation? If so, how do you believe Freemasonry will help you make the choice? Ultimately, who does Masonry serve? Masonry's inner doctrines have been published, such as Alfred Pike's work, yet are also kept hidden through a secret initiation process. What affect would it have on your spiritual Choice to pursue such a path?

I don't recall a good discussion of Masonry on this forum, so I'm glad you arrived to get us onto this topic. I hope that you feel loved and supported here in your explorations.
Well here's some more synchronicity coming into my life!

I went for a walk the other day down the road to a memorial park. At the north entrance, the road goes straight through the entire park, and at the end is a large Masonic statue. It's a single column adorned with Masonic imagery at its base and a sphere resting on the top. There are also four of the triangular symbols around the base, but they don't quiet line up to exact directions (I'll have to look into it). Someone had also drawn a pentagram in chalk on the sidewalk. Just odd because I don't consider the Masons very often.

To me Freemasonry is kind of like a pyramid scheme, without so much of the scheme. Like jc2412 said, I think most members are completely unaware. It's an exalted boy's tree-fort. Then you move higher up and higher up, and the picture starts getting a little more clear. But really, isn't that the way that everything works? Not just the obvious, like politics for example, but in all of creation? The Masons thrive on their own history; at the lower levels this can be a ploy to create an air of mystery, as well as the feeling that the members are a part of something special, that it makes them unique. When this view is fostered, it usually leads to feelings of elitism. So in that light we can see the roots of STS working, even though it's not overtly "evil" or anything like that. Another way I sort of look at it when thinking about it in context with the Illuminati/Secret Ruling Force is that it's kind of the Area 51 of secret societies. More there to cause a distraction from the man behind the curtain. That view seems to be encouraged in the media from channels like The History Channel, which puts on a show seemingly every week about Masonic ties to the Ark or the Illuminati Lite (Merovingian etc).

All that said, that's only one view, and from an outsider at that. I hope it didn't come across as hostile, I certainly don't mean it to be! Best of luck to you in your initiation and in all paths you walk! L/L!
Its hard for me to explain my entire thought process on why I think this path is for me at this particular time.

First of all I crave to be a part of something greater and to meet (hopefully) like-minded people in my community.

It seems to me that masonry is a spiritual successor to the ancient mystery schools which were spoken of in some detail by Ra in the LOO and as such many of the core truths are there to be found.

I look at it like this, I could have not gone to school and taught myself how to read but going to school helped facilitate the learning (remembering) process. We all have the ability to take in information and find out what resonates with us and that is what I plan to do, it has ALWAYS worked for me in the past.

I feel strongly that my role is to experience everything life has to offer including opening myself to as many sources of information as possible and then making choices after ruminating on said information. I believe I am on the STO path and trust me when I say that I would not let anything get in the way of that but concurrently I crave knowledge and a support structure of people. Freemasonry seems to offer both of those things.

Hopefully that elucidates my thought process a little bit.
You are very clear about the outcomes you desire: to learn about the Law of One through the service-to-others path, as part of a spiritual community. That clarity, I believe, will help you very much whether or not you join the Masons.

Ra said that the time for pyramids and mystery schools is over. Even the isolation tank is "a gadget," not as useful for meditation as simply enjoying the beauty of nature. The message does not need to be advertised. It is available, in full and for free, nothing hidden or kept back, for anyone who wishes to seek it.

There are no upper levels of Ra teachings hidden by high fees, confounding riddles and rituals, and ominous threats of harm if they are ever disclosed. I feel that Ra was rather bemused by Don's discussion of publicity for the book.

My recommendation is that you talk with whoever would be the highest level of Masonic official that you would deal with as a beginner. Is that the President of the Lodge or something like that? Be clear about your intentions. Politely ask if the Lodge is indeed today's most efficient way for you to learn and share ancient wisdom teachings.

Explain your STO path and ask for examples of how becoming a Freemason would be the most empowering way to support that path. Keep your eyes and ears open. Continue to have balancing other sources of information, such as this forum if you like.

I admire your desire to learn and grow within a community of faith. I am highly skeptical of whether the Masons ever were the best opportunity for such discoveries. My own impression is that through the years, they combined some elements of the ancient mystery religions with elements of controlling manipulation, hierarchy, elitism and hidden controls.

If secrecy ever was necessary about ultimate truth in the past, it certainly isn't needed any more today. We are blessed to be living in the years in which the full nature of God within each of us is shouted from the housetops, and freely republished on the Internet. Given all of that, is there any justification left for a "keep out club" as the path to enlightenment? Personally, I doubt it.

I do respect, however, if you feel, based on being fully informed, that it's your path.

Thanks for the honor of getting to put in my two cents.
(08-29-2010, 06:18 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]You are very clear about the outcomes you desire: to learn about the Law of One through the service-to-others path, as part of a spiritual community. That clarity, I believe, will help you very much whether or not you join the Masons.

Ra said that the time for pyramids and mystery schools is over. Even the isolation tank is "a gadget," not as useful for meditation as simply enjoying the beauty of nature. The message does not need to be advertised. It is available, in full and for free, nothing hidden or kept back, for anyone who wishes to seek it.

There are no upper levels of Ra teachings hidden by high fees, confounding riddles and rituals, and ominous threats of harm if they are ever disclosed. I feel that Ra was rather bemused by Don's discussion of publicity for the book.

My recommendation is that you talk with whoever would be the highest level of Masonic official that you would deal with as a beginner. Is that the President of the Lodge or something like that? Be clear about your intentions. Politely ask if the Lodge is indeed today's most efficient way for you to learn and share ancient wisdom teachings.

Explain your STO path and ask for examples of how becoming a Freemason would be the most empowering way to support that path. Keep your eyes and ears open. Continue to have balancing other sources of information, such as this forum if you like.

I admire your desire to learn and grow within a community of faith. I am highly skeptical of whether the Masons ever were the best opportunity for such discoveries. My own impression is that through the years, they combined some elements of the ancient mystery religions with elements of controlling manipulation, hierarchy, elitism and hidden controls.

If secrecy ever was necessary about ultimate truth in the past, it certainly isn't needed any more today. We are blessed to be living in the years in which the full nature of God within each of us is shouted from the housetops, and freely republished on the Internet. Given all of that, is there any justification left for a "keep out club" as the path to enlightenment? Personally, I doubt it.

I do respect, however, if you feel, based on being fully informed, that it's your path.

Thanks for the honor of getting to put in my two cents.

Thanks, I really appreciate the heartfelt responses.
I was looking into joining them as well. When I was explained all the different things I would need to divulge before acceptance I was a bit skeptical. Background check, giving numbers of close friends, family and interview. All not guaranteeing I would be accepted as one little black ball can just stop your advancement. That was enough for me to do a double take... why put me and my family/friends through that? Who goes through all that trouble to help others? If it's a brotherhood for all then why all the jumping through hoops before getting your foot on the door?
I have found it personally more telling how someone acts/talks/reacts to actions around you that is best telling of their character, not what some paperwork says about them.
In any rate, being that the option for joining them was further minimized by having to know two other Masons I decided to continue the search for truth on my own... and eventually led me to this great information.
Who knows, this may lead me to something else but for now I am still digesting what I have learned and still trying to digest some of the more intricate workings.
Maybe finding this place was also a hint for you RoarSSk that if you look long enough you will find your own answers.
I firmly believe that all spiritual truths that masonry offers plus many many more are available to any seeker and are within public domain.

I did not have to join an org and sign a several million year contract of Service to research and form an opinion on one mainstream religion that contains some Core Truths. All the information one requires falls into place when the time is right. This has been my personal experience up to this moment.

My father was a mason and a good man of positive character as were many of the masons I have met in the past, so please do not take my comments as any sort of jibe aimed at these well intending folks. Many lower level masons are STOS in their nature I am sure.

What I would like to draw attention to is the subject of free will and how this would be influenced or distorted by joining such a group, particularly when the seeking of spiritual information or enlightenment is at the core of the seekers intent.

All here respect your free will to decide but you did ask us for our opinion. Sorry to sound "doom and gloom" about the subject matter but these are just personal conclusions of my own that I feel by sharing, may promt you to consider a few questions of the heart. This forum is always open for these types of discussions.
This is the way of the positive seeker.

What do think you could obtain in the way of spiritual enlightenment through joining this sort of group that could not be gained by more 'conventional' means such as study and meditation?

Sending you a huge wave of Light/Love.
(08-29-2010, 10:01 PM)Deekun Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking into joining them as well. When I was explained all the different things I would need to divulge before acceptance I was a bit skeptical. Background check, giving numbers of close friends, family and interview. All not guaranteeing I would be accepted as one little black ball can just stop your advancement. That was enough for me to do a double take... why put me and my family/friends through that? Who goes through all that trouble to help others? If it's a brotherhood for all then why all the jumping through hoops before getting your foot on the door?
I have found it personally more telling how someone acts/talks/reacts to actions around you that is best telling of their character, not what some paperwork says about them.
In any rate, being that the option for joining them was further minimized by having to know two other Masons I decided to continue the search for truth on my own... and eventually led me to this great information.
Who knows, this may lead me to something else but for now I am still digesting what I have learned and still trying to digest some of the more intricate workings.
Maybe finding this place was also a hint for you RoarSSk that if you look long enough you will find your own answers.

Different lodges have different ways of doing these things... I personally was investigated but not to the extent that I had to give references or anything like that... They made sure I was who and what I say I am and then I had a pretty laid back meeting with the investigative committee.

And I certainly agree with you that we can all find our own answers.
(08-30-2010, 02:46 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I firmly believe that all spiritual truths that masonry offers plus many many more are available to any seeker and are within public domain.

I did not have to join an org and sign a several million year contract of Service to research and form an opinion on one mainstream religion that contains some Core Truths. All the information one requires falls into place when the time is right. This has been my personal experience up to this moment.

My father was a mason and a good man of positive character as were many of the masons I have met in the past, so please do not take my comments as any sort of jibe aimed at these well intending folks. Many lower level masons are STOS in their nature I am sure.

What I would like to draw attention to is the subject of free will and how this would be influenced or distorted by joining such a group, particularly when the seeking of spiritual information or enlightenment is at the core of the seekers intent.

All here respect your free will to decide but you did ask us for our opinion. Sorry to sound "doom and gloom" about the subject matter but these are just personal conclusions of my own that I feel by sharing, may promt you to consider a few questions of the heart. This forum is always open for these types of discussions.
This is the way of the positive seeker.

What do think you could obtain in the way of spiritual enlightenment through joining this sort of group that could not be gained by more 'conventional' means such as study and meditation?

Sending you a huge wave of Light/Love.

Brother I appreciate your point of view and I will think upon this for a while.
It is in my opinion that a 'secret' society means to close open communication. Letting a little bit of information/knowledge passed down to those dawned as worthy as they move up the latter.

The only reason for something to be 'secret' from the masses would be to deem those not in on the secret to be unworthy of the secret.

Just my slant, for I see true positive societies to be entirely open and accepting passing knowledge back and forth with full acceptance of the receiver and the giver such as these forums.

Love and Light friends.

It is true that seeing and feeling the beauty and Love in the very present moment, that vibration that is pure and evident in each moment, is the truth that should be found - the understanding that this pure motion is Love and is evident in you and all else that you perceive, even thoughts, words, sounds, the ground you walk on and the air you breath. This Love, this pure vibration, is the Creator, and all is this pure vibration there is no other essence but Love. You are Love, the Creator, the Alpha and the Omega, and when this clicks in full belief into the deep roots of your mind you can begin crystallizing your self as an instrument to channel this Love/Light Light/Love like the changing of the structure of coal into the pristine structure of the diamond (the true alchemist's stone). When your foundation is this belief without a single perception otherwise, crystallized like the diamond, and channeling this Love with perfection - you truly become the Creator. You never were not the Creator, you were always the Creator - and the glory of creation by Love lies within your very being in potentiation. This is the truth that the secret societies hold, this is the true core of alchemy. The transfiguration from lead to gold, from coal to diamond, it is but a metaphor personifying the being of the self - the transfiguration/Crystallization of the self from coal to diamond. Alchemy very base and foundation comes from Egypt which is very interesting as many Masonic symbols can be found in Egypt as well as all over the world.
I had this thought one day that kinda ties into this idea of what exactly is the polarity of the Freemason group.

Bear with me here... Tongue

Imagine you have consciousness of the Creator or close to it and visualize the Universe you've put into motion, with its positive and negative polarities and the structures they form in the void. See a matrix of dots, able to grow larger or smaller as their polarization increases.

In a positive or STO grouping, the matrix of dots (entities) will freely exchange energies with eachother, leading to attraction. They coalesce into a spherical shape, the most heavily polarized entities sinking to the middle and providing the most support for the less polarized, outer dots. It is all one curve, one circle, one radiating star, if you will. No separation is actualized, but there are distinct separate dots.

In a negative or STS grouping, the matrix of dots will segregate from eachother, each trying to absorb, or take for itself, as much as possible. This leads to a pyramid or tower-looking structure. They are all bound together because they are really one entity. But the separation is actualized, leading to the smallest dots (those that are most polarized towards STS), sitting atop the hierarchical structure while those that are not as able to absorb (those who are less STS, or "foolishly more STO" as the STS entity would see it) are forced to be the support on the bottom.

You can see which structure the Freemason, or any other group such as Scientology forms. Then, you can compare it to the structure of a positive place that you know for contrast, such as this forum, or another open, loving place like possibly your home or church if either of those situations apply to you. Please note that I don't know too much about Freemasonry at all, and am not trying to imply that their inner workings are the same as Scientology or that they share the same goals. I'm just saying that I recognize similar structures in both of them.

I hope this helps you! Smile
There are some amazing thoughts on this in this thread, and it’s helped me to read them.

My view on it is more from a personal take, I’m not sure if they will help or not Smile --- I wish you well with your path!

How would you feel having to withhold secrets and information from people you loved and who loved you?

My Dad joined the Masons after the death of my Mother.
Obviously I have no problem with him finding his own path and living his own life.
He knew about my first experience with psychedelics, he told me about his OBE's and things he'd seen before they happened. We spoke about lucid dreaming; we discussed the death of my mother, Christianity and our views on spirituality very openly and deeply. I was young………. prior to free masonry there was no subject off topic.

How would you feel being in a situation were you had something you couldn’t speak openly about, even if you may want too?
Roarssk, as far as I can tell you have three reasons to check out membership with the Masons.

1. Learning spiritual, metaphysical truths that have been preserved through the ages; are not well known by the general public; and promote a better informed life of loving service to others.

2. Do this study as part of a spiritual community, full of sincere seekers with open hearts and minds eager to plumb the depths of esoteric wisdom.

3. As Dr. Who said in a recent episode:
[Image: tumblr_l4n2umICCe1qbpf6so1_500.jpg]

The consensus around this forum seems to be that you can get #1 and #2 pretty well here. You might not actually get either in the Masons. Since it has the social club aspect some members might not really care about the esoteric traditions. Even if they do, they might come at them from a selfish orientation of building personal empires at the expense of the "little people" to be manipulated by the elite. Or they might be sincere, but clueless compared to what you have already learned in your studies.

#3 is purely a matter of personal taste, but does it really need a secret society to make it happen? :-)
Being you brought up the topic I went to the book store and bought "The Lost Keys of Freemasonry" by Manly P. Hall... writer of the excellent book "The Secret Teachings of All Ages". I recommend you go fetch those books. The former being a breakdown of Freemasonry and it clearly states how they will keep secrets from those they do not deem worthy. I found it very interesting at how you do not really go up in ranks with them although every indication on the surface is made to seem that way. You can be a 33rd degree Mason and in reality still be an initiate because your own greed or inability to let go of certain spiritual handicaps can keep you from seeing what is clearly in front of you.
It almost gave me a bit of faith on their system of weeding out the people that just want to let everyone around them know they are "Freemasons".
It's hard to explain myself well but I would say if you are really interested in joining that you give the book a good read.
I have not finished it yet but I am enjoying several aspects of it.

Like I said before, before stumbling into LOO I was also applying to be a Freemason, so whether people like them or not, my spiritual search from them has led me this way.

Like a small droplet of water from a spring, leads to a small river until it grows and leads you into the vast ocean.
It is interesting how we all have different interests. I prefer being by myself, and tuning into other people and things, and just feeling the energy, and resonating it with love and higher vibrations.

Sometimes I do well in large groups, but my purpose here is just to be a light, and perhaps help others along the way who aren't feeling so well. It seems I attract those who are depressed or having financial issues. I'm doing well in those areas.

(08-29-2010, 05:13 PM)Roarssk Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I crave to be a part of something greater and to meet (hopefully) like-minded people in my community.
Quote:I have heard that when reaching the so called 33° these truths are revealed. The 33° I believe is a reference to the angle of rotation of the photon (light) in 4th density.

It is actually 32+32+32 = 96%