Bring4th

Full Version: Bats in my attic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning,
The other night I heard the most awful scratching sound in my walls. The wildlife man I called just left, after informing me that I have a recent “infestation” of bats.
This house has been here since 1935 and he believes the bats are about six months in to their love affair with my attic. I moved in about four months ago hmm.

Bats have so much symbolism and spiritual history and are so highly sensual, I wonder if they picked our house now just recently after we moved in because of us, not our house?

Michael
I think that's possible. The first night I stayed in the house I live in now, an owl came down the chimney, which, is against all reason. (I named him Merlin.) That started off a crazy series of animal visits. Smile I had this property and it was empty for four years prior, so I think it is significant this happened on the night I moved in.

According to Animal Speak, my favorite book on animal totems, the keynotes for bat are transition and initiation

I grew up in an old house in upstate NY and we had bats in the attic. I used to love to watch them fly out in summer evenings. If you or you familly have concerns about bats being in the attic, you can leave lights on and they will likely leave.

I have a photo of Merlin in my kitchen that night, which I am trying to upload, but the image manager is not working properly at the moment. When that resolves, I'll post it. Smile 
Thanks Diana , that’s exactly the kind of stuff I was wondering about animal visits and such, I will look into that book ... we have moles and raccoons appearing more every day and I have seen two very bright colorful snakes so far ...I think this is going to be the most exciting warm season I’ve ever had !