Bring4th

Full Version: Transcendental Advertising Media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noticed this stuff, or the increasing incidences of it?

Let me give an example.

I just stumbled across this one in an ad on youtube. Yesterday, I went and saw that new film, The Shape of Water (really good btw) and I swear every second advertisement before the film began was this kind of thing. Cars, luxury cruises, goddamn VODKA...

I'm insulted. Not badly, just in that cynical kind of way when you see corporate entities trying to make a buck off a population-wide spiritual awakening. People are eating this stuff up.
"They should not charge us for knowledge" -Public animal noise
Marketing has always used what's popular or trending to capture the public's attention. And in today's world marketing has exploded because of the exponentially increased opportunities for advertising on digital devices being used 24/7. Add to this that the public is more anesthetized than ever because of the ubiquitous media and everyone's attachment to it during every waking hour. Trending symbols are just used randomly, and a good example of that was several years ago when the peace sign was trending. It was on clothing etc. with no meaning at all beyond it being a "cool" graphic; when originally it was meant as a real symbol of peace.

Today's world is chaotic and disorderly, and I think this is in part because of the digital world we live in. Anyone can upload a video to Youtube; anyone can publish a book whether it's edited or not; anyone can blog, vlog, build a website. While this is a great thing regarding the free expression of creativity, it also creates a sea of mediocrity and a huge messy Internet to slog through.

Personally, if I were to immerse myself in the media at all, I am not sure I would have the heart to continue my own businesses and projects. It's too disempowering on many levels. 
I am somewhat saddened to contemplate the One Original Thought passing through the collective consciousness as merely an advertising trend. There is definitely something disempowering about giving up your energy to the Entertainment Gods. Still, I want my fix of film and music.
I would prefer that it was seen by all, allowing all to experience and enjoy their creator.

And Absolut isn't my preferred brand, but they are a good brand. I see no dis-service.
(02-12-2018, 05:21 AM)MangusKhan Wrote: [ -> ]I am somewhat saddened to contemplate the One Original Thought passing through the collective consciousness as merely an advertising trend. There is definitely something disempowering about giving up your energy to the Entertainment Gods. Still, I want my fix of film and music.

I agree. And I see no downside to enjoying the creativity and advancements in music and film. I absolutely love Pandora. It's just a matter of not being tied into popular media on a daily basis. 
(02-12-2018, 01:41 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer that it was seen by all, allowing all to experience and enjoy their creator.

This reminds me of crop circles. If there is any real truth to them being created by ETs or inter-dimensional beings, then it would seem the purpose is to gently introduce a wider sense of the universe to people who are stuck in certain paradigms with graphic imagery. This, rather than outrightly introducing themselves and infringing on free will. Smile