Bring4th

Full Version: Ways to work on yellow rays after leaving isolation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on the verge of the largest step I have had to make in this life so far; the step towards communicating and making bonds with others.

Most of my life has been going the opposite way in which I haven't made real friendships or cared about anyone.

During the past 8 years, video games have been the focus and while I had a couple friends who I played with. I would tend to get annoyed with them and appear offline as my skill level improved and theirs wouldn't. I have stopped playing video games and watching tv, and i have healed a lot of the wounds from before.

At the point i'm at now I have no idea how to hold a conversation with someone so I just ordered 2 different books about social intelligence and how to make friends and influence people.

A large part of my problem stems from not knowing myself. Viewing my life from an outside perspective, I need to better understand myself. Then with that information find hobbies or other things I can do in the community with others. Hopefully to help me see in the present myself as a similar being while speaking to others (i see differences atm).

I can feel a pain when I focus on my heart chakra which when I was younger I thought was some sort of physical problem. It would appear at different times mostly throughout my younger days where it would hurt to breath in my upper middle left lung.

Now that I have associated that with my heart chakra, it seems that i need more energy flowing through my yellow ray to possible clear the blockage or atleast better understand it.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks Heart
Just go out and do. Interact with people, with hierarchies. Find a social group. Grow apart from that social group. Make mistakes. Then, meditate and reflect. This is what I have found to be by far the most efficient means of learning about the lower chakras.

For more deliberate and practical advice, there are lots of social applications/programs, which might allow you to "practice at a distance", and interact with others, much like yourself, who have little practice in this area. Video/voicechatting allows a bit more of a distance than in person, so it might be a good intermediate step.

Good luck!
A lot of the issues you raised seem to be rooted in orange ray. I would begin with trying to understand what caused you to go into isolation in the first place. Just my opinion though. Going out to do service, outside your comfort zone, I think is still a good idea.
Find some kind of hobby or social group that meets regularly (something like a Dungeons and Dragons group or a tarot discussion group are some examples of things that work for me). Try to participate but don't push yourself too much. Just something to get you out of the house and engaged with others.
(02-15-2018, 03:40 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Just go out and do. Interact with people, with hierarchies. Find a social group. Grow apart from that social group. Make mistakes. Then, meditate and reflect. This is what I have found to be by far the most efficient means of learning about the lower chakras.

For more deliberate and practical advice, there are lots of social applications/programs, which might allow you to "practice at a distance", and interact with others, much like yourself, who have little practice in this area. Video/voicechatting allows a bit more of a distance than in person, so it might be a good intermediate step.

Good luck!
This is meant as a reply to the OP.
Nice observation. I have had the same pains you speak of related to the heart chakra.

I think your thoughts are well placed and in my opinion are headed the right way. KEEP IT UP!
(02-15-2018, 02:42 PM)Surfboard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the verge of the largest step I have had to make in this life so far; the step towards communicating and making bonds with others.

Most of my life has been going the opposite way in which I haven't made real friendships or cared about anyone.

During the past 8 years, video games have been the focus and while I had a couple friends who I played with. I would tend to get annoyed with them and appear offline as my skill level improved and theirs wouldn't. I have stopped playing video games and watching tv, and i have healed a lot of the wounds from before.

At the point i'm at now I have no idea how to hold a conversation with someone so I just ordered 2 different books about social intelligence and how to make friends and influence people.

A large part of my problem stems from not knowing myself. Viewing my life from an outside perspective, I need to better understand myself. Then with that information find hobbies or other things I can do in the community with others. Hopefully to help me see in the present myself as a similar being while speaking to others (i see differences atm).

I can feel a pain when I focus on my heart chakra which when I was younger I thought was some sort of physical problem. It would appear at different times mostly throughout my younger days where it would hurt to breath in my upper middle left lung.

Now that I have associated that with my heart chakra, it seems that i need more energy flowing through my yellow ray to possible clear the blockage or atleast better understand it.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks  Heart

Do you have much association with animals? Animals are very honest communicators and can help you learn to read body language and nuance. Books are great but it may keep you relating on an intellectual level vs experiencing true connection.

It may be an easier first step to learn to connect with them. You could even just volunteer to go pet the cats an hour a week at a rescue or some similar low stress option.
I've noticed when i talk to others I judge my thoughts. I don't feel as I speak rather I think as I speak. It's more like a chore making connections with people even though I yearn to, yet when I see someone needs help the thought won't even cross my mind. It's as if I feel the need to control what people are thinking of me and as I speak i'm simultaneously thinking of things to say that go with a certain feeling and am often left speechless.
I echo Jade's advice to just go out and do it.

I say this because of my own lifestyle. I've worked from home most of my adult life. I love being on my own, but because of the enormous amount of time I spend not interacting personally with others, when I do it can sometimes be awkward, or even comical. I also don't watch the media so I don't know what regular people are talking about. When I chime into a conversation with something about quantum physics and see eyes go glassy, I realize how out of touch I am and feel laughter bubble up (at myself) just remembering those times. I know nothing about TV shows or sports. BigSmile

The answer is to get out there and practice more; make mistakes; reflect—just as Jade suggested. And it's okay to be you, no matter what that turns out to be. I'd rather be out of the box than in. Contemplate all the things about yourself you think are awesome, and remind yourself every day of them. Think up more awesome things. And focus on that—not what society may define as social shortcomings. Those judgments change with the times and are always ephemeral.
(02-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Surfboard Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed when i talk to others I judge my thoughts. I don't feel as I speak rather I think as I speak. It's more like a chore making connections with people even though I yearn to, yet when I see someone needs help the thought won't even cross my mind. It's as if I feel the need to control what people are thinking of me and as I speak i'm simultaneously thinking of things to say that go with a certain feeling and am often left speechless.

Sounds like to me that you're just super aware, constantly reading what others need/want/expect from you in each moment, and because you want to serve them by providing a high-quality "mirror", you are constantly assessing and reassessing your communication as you go along. Sounds exhausting and I can understand why you have avoided interactions.

Maybe try throwing a little caution to the wind. Start thinking about ways others can fulfill your needs and preferences, giving people in your life an opportunity to serve you for a change. Then there can be more reciprocity in your exchanges with others. Things may flow a little better as people get to learn about what you're about.
(02-15-2018, 02:42 PM)Surfboard Wrote: [ -> ]A large part of my problem stems from not knowing myself. Viewing my life from an outside perspective, I need to better understand myself. Then with that information find hobbies or other things I can do in the community with others. Hopefully to help me see in the present myself as a similar being while speaking to others (i see differences atm).

First, congratulations for realizations and changes you've already made.

I think it's nothing wrong with some people (me too) being more introverted. We can accept our self and try to do the best with what we've got and balance this aspect with some yellow ray work. Others are mirrors. In relationship you get to know yourself. You see how you respond, connect, communicate ... Family is called the school of love and relationship. Maybe this is the best place to start.
Sorry if this is a bad idea, but what if you went to a gaming convention? It would be a great way to meet new people who have the same interests as you AND you have the opportunity to converse with them face to face.

If you don't want/can't do that, there's an app I found called "Meetup"...people use it to make groups and they literally meet up with each other. There's a lady I know who uses it and she meets with a hiking club once a month. Despite not seeing them very often, she says they've become some of the closest people to her.