Bring4th

Full Version: Should we Not Want?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the key to want for nothing?

If we want nothing, do we transcend ego?

Should we try to transcend ego?
(02-18-2018, 11:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is the key to want for nothing?

Hi IndigoGeminiWolf. I wanted to say your website looks very impressive!

In answer to your question, I would say my highest desire is to know the Creator. This desire helps me transcend my ego the most and help me stay present.

I think it would be pretty hard to live in 3D without any wants. I imagine it might be difficult to get out of bed in the morning if there is nothing to look forward to. I think it's healthy to explore our wants because it helps us figure out who we are as well.

But I'd be interested in knowing if others live without having any wants and what that looks like.
I got that from the story of Anubis who weighs someone's heart against a feather. And some he finds wanting.

So it made me think that being found wanting is something bad.

Unless wanting doesn't mean you have wants.

It relates to the Law of Attraction. We have what we desire, but we don't expect it.

So I think not wanting is not expecting something.
(02-19-2018, 12:34 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I got that from the story of Anubis who weighs someone's heart against a feather. And some he finds wanting.

So it made me think that being found wanting is something bad.

Unless wanting doesn't mean you have wants.

It relates to the Law of Attraction. We have what we desire, but we don't expect it.

So I think not wanting is not expecting something.

If I may, I think you are misinterpreting that story. Anubis does weigh the heart against a feather, but desire is not what causes weight. This is a beautiful and illuminating symbol to me: Anubis is weighing the heart. The heart is love. What causes the heart to be light and free and open? Forgiveness, compassion, acceptance, and understanding. What is it that “weighs” on the heart? Usually grudges, that which we haven’t forgiven in ourselves and others.

I believe that’s what this story is trying to convey. The entity with an open heart will pass the test or judgement of Anubis. To those who haven’t forgiven someone in life and still has that grudge after they die, his heart will outweigh the feather, of course. If you haven’t forgiven yourself for whatever, the heart will be heavier than the feather.
I think the key is to want without expectations.

I guess the difference may seem subtle, when it is not so subtle.
(02-18-2018, 11:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is the key to want for nothing?

The key is to build a bridge between your perspective (what we might call an "ego" or "identity") and what we might call infinite intelligence (love, bliss, happiness, passion, enthusiasm, the ineffable).

So if you can want and still make that happen (still be happy), then you've got it figured out.

It isn't about necessarily obliterating a perspective, as if the forms are somehow imperfect and must be perfected, it is about building a bridge between that perspective and the divine. That's what this is all about: building a bridge (or like Ra describes it: a shuttle). And emotions are the compass we were given to find that bridge. But building the actual bridge is the spiritual path.

How that looks is unique to the soul that does it. However the actual construction will, by archetypal necessity, require will and faith.
(02-19-2018, 10:43 AM)Elros Wrote: [ -> ]I think the key is to want without expectations.

I love this.

I can draw a parallel in relationships - when one really desires to understand someone, but has no expectations or specific wants of who they should be. Therefore you don't project in the other person an already formed picture of who you want them to be. In this way you have a completely open mind, ready to receive communication head on. You can truly listen to what they have to say and therefore achieve your highest desire which is to understand them.

This can be extrapolated to one's relationship to the Creation itself, helping one to stay unconditionally present.  
(02-19-2018, 05:18 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

The key is to build a bridge between your perspective (what we might call an "ego" or "identity") and what we might call infinite intelligence (love, bliss, happiness, passion, enthusiasm, the ineffable).

So if you can want and still make that happen (still be happy), then you've got it figured out.

It isn't about necessarily obliterating a perspective, as if the forms are somehow imperfect and must be perfected, it is about building a bridge between that perspective and the divine. That's what this is all about: building a bridge (or like Ra describes it: a shuttle). And emotions are the compass we were given to find that bridge. But building the actual bridge is the spiritual path.

How that looks is unique to the soul that does it. However the actual construction will, by archetypal necessity, require will and faith.

Can you tell me more about how building a bridge between perspective and intelligent infinity requires faith? It seems there is no risk that would require faith.
What comes out of that is bliss, love, happiness, etc, from what you say. It seems like you don't need faith to experience these as there's no risk of hellish stuff to get in the way.

In short, how do you use faith and will to build the bridge?
(02-19-2018, 05:35 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2018, 10:43 AM)Elros Wrote: [ -> ]I think the key is to want without expectations.

I love this.

I can draw a parallel in relationships - when one really desires to understand someone, but has no expectations or specific wants of who they should be. Therefore you don't project in the other person an already formed picture of who you want them to be. In this way you have a completely open mind, ready to receive communication head on. You can truly listen to what they have to say and therefore achieve your highest desire which is to understand them.

I think expectations are somewhat nodes in the energy field, having a weight of their own, always rooted in blockages of fear, doubt and such, always distorting what could be free love expressed.

In couples it is seen often when a relationship ends. What seemed positive before in having its expectations honored, turns out to be expressed more negatively once the expectations are broken. You see people wishing the one they loved most ill, curse them literally for having found a limit to attending their need of them (someone who could've just really not have been them) and so on. In the timeless nature of things, things don't actually need to go sour for these things to be there, they simply are, and in time and through the cycles they get their moment of expression to move from being with them (blockages, even when not made apparent by catalyst) toward being truly free of their weight. I'd add that I don't think it's bad to have them, I think it is natural and what the densities do, in lower densities we accumulate biases to live something uniquely complex as Creator and , as we resolve this unique complexity we sought for, we offer the gift of the same to ourselves found in others. First in a very unconscious manner but as we move upward then it becomes in a more and more conscious fashion, yet always offering the same service which neither requires to be conscious or unconscious to be delivered but the unity of them both together.

(02-19-2018, 05:35 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]This can be extrapolated to one's relationship to the Creation itself, helping one to stay unconditionally present.  

I think so too, but I'd add that one's relationship to Creation (parts and whole) is an abstraction of one's relationship with one's own self.
(02-19-2018, 07:57 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]In short, how do you use faith and will to build the bridge?

Let's make a really simple example. Say I manifest a hole that's exactly what you're able to jump across of and told you this fact. If you have faith, then you just have to jump as you best can do and it's all good, yet if you have doubts and fears then you may just restrain yourself from fully jumping and either not jump or fall in the hole. Faith allows you to use your abilities to their full potential, while fears and doubts erect walls with your objectives. The hole is there and you need faith to cross over.

If you meant on the more mystical plan, then faith is the ability to focus beyond the lighter illusions by understanding them to be illusions. The point is not to have blind faith in anything, but to explore where your faith should focus and having fear to have faith is maybe the greatest spiritual hindering, which is why the fool is somewhat a standalone archetype.

I think to share faith is often to share having seen, so that those who may find to have faith also attempt to see in their turn.
If I stop my meds I get the full experience of schizophrenia and interacting with other dimensions.
But when I take them they dull my senses.

It would take faith without my meds that everything is ok, because the things I see can make me fear.
Like hypersensitive emotionally. Like everything being symbolic. Like when I was at a mental hospital and they put me in room #911.
I don't know why a mental hospital has a room #911.
(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]If I stop my meds I get the full experience of schizophrenia and interacting with other dimensions.

It would take faith without my meds that everything is ok, because the things I see can make me fear.
Like hypersensitive emotionally. Like everything being symbolic. Like when I was at a mental hospital and they put me in room #911.

Just follow what feels best. If you feel a need of your meds, don't ignore it. If you feel like you don't need them, don't ignore it either.

(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why a mental hospital has a room #911.

I guess either because they have that many rooms, or because it was room #11 on floor 9. Then again, any person is entitled to their choices in decision-making.
(02-19-2018, 08:27 PM)Elros Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]If I stop my meds I get the full experience of schizophrenia and interacting with other dimensions.

Just follow what feels best. If you feel a need of your meds, don't ignore it. If you feel like you don't need them, don't ignore it either.

(02-19-2018, 08:25 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why a mental hospital has a room #911.

I guess either because they have that many rooms, or because it was room #11 on floor 9. Then again, any person is entitled to their choices in decision-making.

I can take one med for bipolar which is the up and down. The other med gives me the psychic experiences.

The hosital was one floor. So 911 was on the first floor. And only had maybe 20 rooms at the most.

Though there were several buildings, but I don't think there were 9 of them.

They also played creepy horror movies around Halloween. Those can really freak out someone like me.
Though I'm getting better in my judgment.

At first it was innocence and not knowing, so I made some mistakes. Now I know more so I don't repeat those same mistakes.

I've had amazing experiences too.
(02-19-2018, 08:35 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]They also played creepy horror movies around Halloween. Those can really freak out someone like me.
Though I'm getting better in my judgment.

Seems not like a good place to play those, but then again catalysts manifest as they are willed.

(02-19-2018, 08:35 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]At first it was innocence and not knowing, so I made some mistakes. Now I know more so I don't repeat those same mistakes.

I've had amazing experiences too.

Such is the fate of Creator I think, and so our own.
(02-19-2018, 07:57 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me more about how building a bridge between perspective and intelligent infinity requires faith? It seems there is no risk that would require faith.
What comes out of that is bliss, love, happiness, etc, from what you say. It seems like you don't need faith to experience these as there's no risk of hellish stuff to get in the way.

In short, how do you use faith and will to build the bridge?

As a perspective, identity, or ego enmired in the illusion, we do not KNOW we are one with the universe. In fact, a great many people are of the confusion that the base of reality is entropy, randomness, complete and total unconsciousness (the materialist paradigm) which is an understandable conclusion if your only tools of observation are the sensory apparati of the physical body, which typically only perceives the physical world. Naturally, this is not preveil conditions. The sense of security is NOT total. People look out at this world and ask themselves, "What God would allow this?" Have you not done the same at different times in your life?

Thus, because we do not KNOW, we have to build the bridge of FAITH, which requires the leap of faith (the choice to believe), which requires WILL. Will and faith are two sides of the same coin.

And to the extent our faith is pure (sincere), we can experience various degrees of dialog with intelligent infinity and intelligent energy. It will guide your actions. Tell you secrets. Share with you understandings. Show you there is order in a seemingly chaotic universe.

Sometimes the bridge crumbles, the faith is lost, and people fall away from the light. When the bridge is no longer needed is when the abyss (that the bridge straddles) is crossed over fully (this is what some call enlightenment -- very rare in our density).
'Want' is the leaning of the surfer of infinity to the direction it wants to travel towards.

It is what makes the entity surf towards the direction it wants to go on the sea of infinity.

Following it to infinity makes the surfer get to infinity.

So it must be followed until no wants are left anymore.

Yes but not by wanting nothing but as a side effect of the proper application of 7th density understanding.

(02-18-2018, 11:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]If we want nothing, do we transcend ego?

Yes again, there is a grace occuring once you reach that stage (hopefully because there is basically nothing left to do) and the Ego dissolve totally and the Great Mystery is revealed to you in all its glory.

(02-18-2018, 11:33 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Should we try to transcend ego?

No, you should try to reach perfect realization and then the ego dissolve and is automatically transcended.

I believe in doing and wanting what you will, until the realization that you speak dawns. You want and experience those desires until the one true desire forms. We call this true desire: Love.

Transcending the ego is a natural process/transformation. It cannot be forced to happen. In my opinion the ego is never gone, the yellow ray is balanced in an energy sense, by the green ray. Just as orange is balance/governed by yellow. Ironically what we think of ego, in my opinion is symptoms/side-effects of the unbalanced yellow ray. Or ego is comparable to energetic disruption, at a certain view point.

Someone famous once said, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."  But you may be wanting a different answer to your query.

It strikes me that your questions overlook the fact that, by the time you travel such as long distance as to know such answers, the "you" you know will have been greatly transformed.  It would be like a child trying to imagine old age.  Sure, go ahead and try, but by the time you get there you will interpret everything much differently than you did when you initially tried to think that far ahead.