Bring4th

Full Version: What is Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is Time? How would you define Time?
Time is everything.

[Image: Scarlett-Johansson-as-Lucy-GIF.gif]
My thoughts, based on human experience:

Time is a linear construct of use to 3D beings, just as linear space is: width, height, depth; and together they constitute spacetime. Spacetime is the simple matrix by which we in 3D experience reality. 

Spacetime is interpreted as a physical phenomenon here. The subatomic realm has revealed glimpses of a much larger picture of reality, but for 3D beings, spacetime as we know it serves our purposes. In addition, we are too limited in awareness in 3D at this level of evolution to apprehend the larger view, and I think that has to do with the ability of an entity to hold information, much like the limitations of ram or a hard drive.

Time as we interpret it in 3D, serves 3D beings in their paths. For example, in order for 3rd density beings to make choices and experience the consequences of those choices, linear time as constructed in 3D spacetime serves this purpose well. If everything were happening at once, it would require a very advanced understanding of reality and experience to make sense of the simple path of choice. From this perspective, it is easy to see why "the veil" is a part of the equation. Without the veil, one would know the consequence before the choice was made, thereby bypassing experience. 

Some in 3D such as wanderers and those who have let go of the limiting factors of human belief and societal constructs, are able to sense or apprehend more of existence, or more accurately, more possibilities. And in this, the subatomic realm has given us clues, and the mechanics (quantum) to access that bigger picture, or at least, another layer of it.

So time is our friend here, as is the veil, but we would do well to know when it is needed or wanted, and not be "caught up in time." Stepping out of the mindset that limits itself to linear time, enables experience beyond the simple 3D environment.
I really like the definition of space as a "medium of particularity", that space creates the possibility of position relative to other things, imbuing it and those other things with their identifiability as particular things (we're speaking of a third density understanding, but I think this is probably pretty complete insofar as it goes).

So time would relate to this definition of space as a way of observing changes in particularity, in position or discreteness. More succinctly, time is a medium of change, specifically of motion or transformation (motion within the particular object). I often describe third density as a "time-dilated" illusion because it seems to me that time is the way we create an experience out of a static, eternal, always-now, everywhere-and-nowhere Creation. There is no experience without change and transformation.

I often speculate that time and space are media we use to have a dialectic experience of the Creation, because all the "motion" is happening within a unity, and it is merely our mindset or vantage point relative to the Creation that manufactures this experience we recognize. It creates a venue for situating narratives that align with our evolutionary biases of being hunter-gatherers. I don't think, for example, that the tree entities that Ra describes would have the same space-time experience that we do, or if they do it must be as alien to them as more static tree consciousness would be to us.
(02-27-2018, 10:28 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Time is everything.

Lucy was a cool movie.
I have thought about what time is in a LOO context, and currently I am of the opinion that it is something we co-create as a function of our freewill. The reason I think time is linked to the First Distortion (Freewill) is because planets in first density are in timeless states.

Quote:29.11 Questioner: Thank you. Yesterday you stated that planets in first density are in a timeless state to begin with. Can you tell me how the effect we appreciate as time comes into being?

Ra: I am Ra. We have just described to you the state of beingness of each Logos. The process by which space/time comes into continuum form is a function of the careful building, shall we say, of an entire or whole plan of vibratory rates, densities, and potentials. When this plan has coalesced in the thought complexes of Love, then the physical manifestations begin to appear; this first manifestation stage being awareness or consciousness.

At the point at which this coalescence is at the livingness or beingness point, the point or fountainhead of beginning, space/time then begins to unroll its scroll of livingness.

Therefore I think planes of existence are created outside of time, then at the point when a plane is inhabited by consciousness (first expressed by physical manifestation) space/time starts to roll out. And the reason for why I think this happens is that time is experienced subjectively and needs individuated consciousness in order for it to be perceived and co-created.

I think the subjective experience of time is a function of the velocity of our consciousness. In 3D the velocity of our thoughts are pretty set as we are tuned into the chemical body, but Ra in sixth density say they have the ability to move outside of time.

Quote:70.19 Questioner: Were these constructed in time/space or space/time?

Ra: I am Ra. We ask your persistent patience, for our answer must be complex.

A construct of thought was formed in time/space. This portion of time/space is that which approaches the speed of light. In time/space, at this approach, the conditions are such that time becomes infinite and mass ceases so that one which is able to skim the, shall we say, boundary strength of this time/space is able to become placed where it will.

Moreover, in time/space there is an abundance of time in order to explore possibilities and probabilities for the progression of our spirit. I see it as a form of speculation that we are always engaging in as Ra says we have a time/space analog while incarnated. Once events occur and choices are made in space/time, certain timelines are broken down and new ones are created.

So, to simplify, time is a question (where can we go next?) and space is the answer (right here).
(02-27-2018, 06:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]Moreover, in time/space there is an abundance of time in order to explore possibilities and probabilities for the progression of our spirit.

Rather than having any specific purpose, time/space and space/time are just counterparts of the same fabric, separated into dualities.

From the initial separation of infinite intelligence from its counterpart right below infinity, these separations into dualities create the existence.
http://theinfosphere.org/Chroniton

Time is a unit of decision when the neutron star we are inside decides to make one more move towards compressing its interior mass into one giant black hole, micro singularity at a time and pushing the background of the CMB away from itself and thus going closer to a supernova with a neutron star in its center.
(02-27-2018, 10:28 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Time is everything.

Yet time is nothing too  BigSmile    
(02-27-2018, 11:37 PM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2018, 06:52 PM)Louisabell Wrote: [ -> ]Moreover, in time/space there is an abundance of time in order to explore possibilities and probabilities for the progression of our spirit.

Rather than having any specific purpose, time/space and space/time are just counterparts of the same fabric, separated into dualities.

From the initial separation of infinite intelligence from its counterpart right below infinity, these separations into dualities create the existence.

I agree that time and space are different sides of the same fabric. However, I think time has as specific a purpose as space does in terms of how consciousness can generate finite experience from infinity. One of the reasons I got excited about the Ra material was the interesting implications of 3-dimensional time (time/space), especially its ability to potentially explain some of the reality-defying effects found in quantum physics.

I believe the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser experiment does show results that coincide with the idea that multiple timelines co-exist until a 'choice' is made, which in the experiment is made through conscious observation (they were able to control for the impact of measuring devices). The cool thing about this experiment is that it used entangled photons and showed that conscious observations of one particle effects how its entangled particle behaves in the past.

It's totally bazaar as information should not be able to be sent into the past, but i think it makes sense to think of potential timelines propagating and collapsing as space/time rolls out.

Quote:
Sunday Meditation
August, 1973

(The day of this channeling is unknown.)

(Don channeling)

I am Hatonn. I am with this instrument. I greet you in the love and in the light of our infinite Creator.

I am aware of your problem. It is an understanding of time. I will attempt to instruct you as to the nature of time. It is not very simple to you, I am sure, but it is very simple to us. simply because we are aware of time in a different way than you are aware of time.

Time, my friends, is in your mind. There is only now, and there is only here. The reason that there appears to be a reciprocal nature between space and time in your world is because your world is, shall we say, designed to produce this illusion. It is an illusion necessary for certain catalytic actions that you enjoy in your present state for the purpose of your continued spiritual growth and evolution.

Time, however, is totally independent of space, and space is totally independent of time, for in truth they have no relationship—for in truth neither has meaning. There is one place, and there is one time. Therefore, there is no interdependent relationship between the two.

I am going to at this time, if you will excuse the pun, call on another to speak to you, for it may be of some help to hear his words, as they will be somewhat less simple and therefore more time-consuming. I am sorry to be, shall we say, in a joking mood this evening, but I am afraid I find the subject somewhat of a humorous one.

I will leave you at this time. Adonai.

(Pause)

I am Oxal. I am with this instrument. I have been called for the purpose of speaking to you on the nature and reality of time. Time is a field, like unto your electric field, your magnetic field. But what is a field, my friends? A field is an effect. A field is in your minds. A field has different effects at different distances. So does time. As you have recently stated, time and space are dependent, one upon another. It has also been stated that they are totally independent, and have no relationship.

Both of these statements are true. It simply depends on your point of view. The people of your planet at present do not appreciate the number of dimensions that are available for one to experience the creation. All of these dimensions are made up of a single place and a single time, and, for that matter, a single dimension, which has no dimension. But it is necessary to go from where you are to where you will be. Therefore, we shall speak of time as you know it and try to lead you to that place where you will know it.

Time is a field. It is space-dependent. Space is a field and is time-dependent. For this reason you recognize a reciprocal nature. The relationship between the two is the third power [of] displacement in either. This may be recognized by a simple equation or formula. T3 divided by 3 is equal to S3 . S3 divided by 3 is equal to T.

There are three dimensions: therefore, the numeral “3” is used, both as a power and as a constant. Permeability of the field is dependent upon the speed of the reciprocal field. Your present constant, that which you call the velocity of light, is the basic speed of the field. The permeability of that which you know as matter is dependent upon this constant. In other words, my friends, the densities of which your world is composed, and the densities of the other planes of existence as you know them, are time-dependent. Their permeability is a function of apparent speed.

Condensation in dense form results from oscillations between reciprocally related space/time entities and permeability, or the basic density of this material, is a function of the apparent velocity of what you call light. There are six spaces and six times in each density. In your present form and state of awareness you recognize three. The other three you travel in in the state of sleep. In doing this. you become, quite often, mismatched with your awareness you possess in your waking state. For this reason you are able to perceive events that will occur in what is to you in the waking state the future. However, the future is an illusion, as is the past, for there is only the present. It is possible to slide, shall we say, along with respect to your awareness of time in the waking state simply by removing through the process of normal sleep the confines of the physical illusion. Space and time are then, as before, reciprocally related.

It in a difficult subject upon which to speak, and will require considerable intellectual thought for you to apply or communicate to others within the present illusion. How can one reduce to a mathematics fabricated within a system of illusion a truth that is totally outside the boundaries of that system? It may be possible, however, to make certain statements regarding the relationships between space and time in any system that will help to guide an individual attempting to work within a limited system to understand the truth of the actions and the limits of that system of phenomena of time. It would, however, be much better to eliminate from the individual’s consciousness preconceived notions of the nature of both time and space, for they are not what they seem to be, as depicted by their phenomena within the boundaries of your present limitations.

Space may be thought of as linear, if time is thought of as volumetric. Or you may reverse the process, as you do within your limitation, and consider space volumetric and time linear. Either is true. And either may be perceived to be true, depending upon the limitations of your thought. It is possible to move linearly in space and volumetrically in time, all with the same movement. You can be aware of what you call the past, the present, and the future, simultaneously.

Time is not so much time as it is space, and space is not so much space as it is time. They are one and the same thing, and yet they are reciprocally related. For is not 1/1=1? For there is only one thing and we are all parts of it.

There are six dimensions, but you must speak of three. And time is a field, and radiates from each nucleus of matter in all directions and may be evaluated as T = S3 /3, where T is time and S is space.
I will be happy to speak with you in the future regarding this subject. However, it is thought that it will be necessary to consider that which has been given to you before further instruction will be of great benefit. It is a very difficult bridge to travel, between a world of semantics and a place of being. But we will serve you in any way that we can.

I am Oxal. I will leave you at this time. Adonai vasu borragus. It has been a great privilege. Peace be with you.
The way I see time is that it is a law of separation (unity), or we could say a focus of Will, much like its own Octave. And so time, like everything else, is born of the need of itself, and in this it is little more than a prism that expands what is timeless into its full timeful representation.

Time does not create B from A, instead it sees and unconditionally answers their need to be kept and feel apart from one another. Time is a circle whole, and each thing in time is the thought of a circle being crossed by another circle and so exist as whole in what is also whole.

Another way to understand time as a prism. Love in time is the unity of itself, and although it is spread into colors into separated moments, it is more like pure white light in time whole.

Edit : Another way to put it is to understand time as a illusionary pattern working with Source, and so time expresses True Simultaneity.
Elros, I like the description of time as a prism. I used Prism of Emotions in my book, and Enigma uses Prism of Life.
How you describe Love being spread into colors. That I imagine everything is a manifestation of Love I get you're saying.
(03-02-2018, 01:08 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Elros, I like the description of time as a prism. I used Prism of Emotions in my book, and Enigma uses Prism of Life.
How you describe Love being spread into colors. That I imagine everything is a manifestation of Love I get you're saying.

Because of the nature that everything is One, the One is always what is made manifest and this One is Infinity.

The concept of unity resolves a lot into the fact that everything separate is a holographic image of the whole focused, so in any moment of time is contained all other-potentials of time also expressed and to which this one moment is a relative-thought, and this relativity is what holds it all together and each thing into manifestation. It's a nice thought to think of intelligent infinity as finite, as expanding into certain potentials and not others, but the point is that time expresses its root that is infinity, and so in time you can only see intelligent infinity focused into relative-potential focuses that make it what it is. Time whole is all things whole in completion, a moment in time is a relative-thought to the rest of infinity and so it is its own corner stone of this completion.

I think this quote states it well :

Quote:16.53 Questioner: All right. Continuing with what we were just talking about, namely densities: I understand then that each density has seven sub-densities which again have seven sub-densities which again have seven sub-densities. This expands at an extremely large rate as things are increased in powers of seven. Does this mean that in any density level anything that you can think of is happening? And many things that you never thought of are happening… are there… everything is happening… this is confusing…

Ra: I am Ra. From your confusion we select the concept with which you struggle, that being infinite opportunity. You may consider any possibility/probability complex as having an existence.
Just happened to see your post and wanted to respond before I forget.

That quote from Ra is one of my favorites. It gives so much hope.

That one and the one where in the balanced individual the energies lie waiting for the Creator to pluck harmony.

There are realities that would make no sense to us.

Any probability complex goes beyond what we can possibly even imagine.
(03-02-2018, 07:56 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Just happened to see your post and wanted to respond before I forget.

That quote from Ra is one of my favorites. It gives so much hope.

That one and the one where in the balanced individual the energies lie waiting for the Creator to pluck harmony.

There are realities that would make no sense to us.

Any probability complex goes beyond what we can possibly even imagine.

We, the Creator, live all the intelligent thrills.
(02-27-2018, 05:00 AM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]What is Time? How would you define Time?

I would define it as: The Fourth Dimension

Dun, 
dun
DUN.

It is also, in my opinion, the first truly "inner" direction. 3 outer directions, 3 inner directions. Space/time geometry vs time/space geometry.

Can you imagine what spatial direction time goes? It is actually somewhat more complex than the old explanation or analogy that a 2D being can't imagine the 3rd dimension/direction (though that's not to say it doesn't still apply in this situation).

It is also because the direction that time goes (the 2 new directions that sprout up for the lower dimension with every 90 degree rotation into a higher space) is not a tangible one. It is an inner one. And though being *intangible* it is the container for all that is *tangible*. It is quite interesting considering our earthly notions are generally something to the effect of the idea that the outer contains the inner, when in actuality it is the inner that contains the outer.

Everything you see, whether it is a bank, a church, a rose, or any physical object whatsoever is a 3-dimensional *cross section* through the intangible 4D continuum -- that is to say, the container, or plenum, we call TIME. 

[Image: Uniform_Cross_Section1.jpg]

You can think of 3D objects as crystallizations of light, or thought. Matter is just frozen or, to be more accurate, extremely slowed down light (energy can't completely stop moving but it can become infinitely close). In the axis we call "time", everything is moving at what we would consider the speed of light (or greater).

While densities and dimensions are not the same thing by any means, there is a correlation to spatial axis' and vibrational level so density and dimensions are related to a certain extent. In fourth density, one becomes consciously privy to the inner direction that is called TIME. Thus, one can see four-dimension-ally in fourth density. Thus, one has conscious access to all those interesting latent spiritual psychic abilities like clairvoyance and telepathy. One gains conscious access to them. You can perceive all the 3D structures in a mere psychic glance, regardless of whether your 3D eyes are blocked from its view.

The directions are, roughly generalizing: forward/back axis (outer) , left/right axis (outer), up/down axis (outer), past/future axis (inner), alternate timelines axis (inner), inner/outer axis (the 6D axis is what allows one to move inner or outer at will). We have access to all the directions and use many of them unconsciously with our subtle bodies. All are 90 degrees perpendicular to each other and each higher dimension completely envelops the lower one.

7D is beyond dimension. In the same way that up and down lose meaning once you are beyond the polarizing effect of the earth's gravity (in space), dimensions similarly disappear once you get beyond polarizing effect of spiritual gravity (you escape the illusion's gravitational pull so to speak and are in "orbit" above the illusion). In 7D, polarity is obliterated and dimensions are a superfluous artifact in this realm for all is One.