Bring4th

Full Version: Fasting to remove unwanted thought forms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:41.21 Questioner: You mentioned in the last session that fasting was a method of removing unwanted thought-forms. Can you expand on this process and explain a little more about how this works?

Ra: I am Ra. This, as all healing techniques, must be used by a conscious being; that is, a being conscious that the ridding of excess and unwanted material from the body complex is the analogy to the ridding of mind or spirit of excess or unwanted material. Thus the one discipline or denial of the unwanted portion as an appropriate part of the self is taken through the tree of mind down through the trunk to subconscious levels where the connection is made and thus the body, mind, and spirit, then in unison, express denial of the excess or unwanted spiritual or mental material as part of the entity.

All then falls away and the entity, while understanding, if you will, and appreciating the nature of the rejected material as part of the greater self, nevertheless, through the action of the will purifies and refines the mind/body/spirit complex, bringing into manifestation the desired mind complex or spirit complex attitude.

How long would the fast be and has anyone tried with success?
I can’t provide a generic answer, but will be happy to share my experience. I used to do three-day fasts, water only, where I would refrain from sexual activity or any negative thoughts – I would really make a concerted effort to keep my mind pure and focused on spiritual, holy things. I would do yoga and meditate, take contemplative walks in nature, etc. on those days.

On one such day I was sitting in meditation, possibly focusing on God, and suddenly this unspeakably disgusting, nauseating gray slimy blob thing exited my being and remained hovering about 2 feet in front of me. I could not see it clearly, and at the time my spiritual powers of perception were quite weak, yet its impact on me was very clear and vivid, and my entire being revolted at the nauseating experience of having it there in front of me. I actually got up and got the hell out of my apartment. Thankfully, when I got back a few hours later it was gone, as my guides said it would be.

I would say that fasting is a spiritual activity much more than it is a function of simply abstaining from food.  So I would say the duration matters less than the purity of one’s focus on the Highest. Based on my extensive fasting experience, I would say a duration of twenty-four hours is minimal – it is on the second day that you will actually be able to make any significant spiritual progress, as long as you’re able to continue keeping your mind and soul focused on the right things.

Fasting is a way of saying to the universe: "the Spiritual is what's important to me, and I am willing to sacrifice the material for it." When you do so, you raise your vibration,  and if the attached entity is unable to match it, it appears that it becomes forcibly ejected due to its inability to continue vibrating in harmony with the rest of you.

I would also throw this in: the vast majority of the mental and emotional stuff that gets in our way and produces suffering in our lives does not come from external attached entities, but from crystallized (in an unhelpful way) portions of our astral and mental bodies, which continue to produce unhelpful emotion and thought patterns when triggered. The mechanisms for dealing with these are different, and I have posted about healing emotional blocks in the astral not long ago.

Good luck and all the best!
I think there is something in it. Intermittent fasting has proven health benefits, it is said that a three day fast can renew the immune system. It would only seem logical that there would be a correspondence with the cleansing and dissolution of negative or unwanted thought forms.

I only have limited experience really, I should fast more, but I have only really done it properly once, three days with just water. I wasn't evaluating spiritual or even mental effects that much but I do remember feeling more vital energy by the 3rd day and the pangs for hunger were much less too. I think at least its a good way to reset the body every now and then.
Im a big believer and user of fasts , usually water fasts, Ive done it all the way up to 21 days, which I probably wont do again. The 24 hours one can be very good as they are more simple to do and even with that shorter time periods you get great insights, you will be amazed how the mind keeps talking to you giving you all sorts of reasons for why you need to eat this or that, and then that all starts to subside and you feel your energy field is much cleaner and connected. Three day ones are great also but much harder but you really clean alot out and for me it has been easy to remain very clean in habits for the next 30 days based on that purge.