Bring4th

Full Version: Homecoming Gathering 2018 Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As of this morning, the 2018 Homecoming Gathering is officially announced:
https://bring4th.org/news/index.php?newsid=165

If you would like to register, please send L/L an email. And if you have registered and would like to discuss the upcoming event with others, or blog while the event is happening, or share your experience after the gathering, please feel free to use this thread.

Jim, Austin, myself, and all at L/L hope to see you there!

To keep abreast of L/L event announcements, you can subscribe to the Gatherings Newsletter: https://bring4th.org/subscribe/
yay!  that time of year again Smile

Look forward to seeing who comes this year Smile

G
Wait, is registration already closed? It's been like 3 days.
(03-22-2018, 07:25 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, is registration already closed? It's been like 3 days.

Jah. Sorry to report that is the case, N. The seats went like hotcakes after announcing. We thought a second event (like the one we're co-hosting in Asheville this summer) might alleviate the demand, but such was not the case. Next year we may look into holding a larger event, though that comes at the cost of reduced intimacy.
(03-22-2018, 07:25 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, is registration already closed? It's been like 3 days.

how large is the attendee list?
There's 40.

Quote:Registration
The practicalities of our space/time realities prohibit us from too large an event, so we must set a limit of attendance at 40 people.

https://bring4th.org/news/index.php?newsid=165

Although - the first year I attended (in 2014) we had trouble getting a touch over 20.  That was a super-cozy gathering!
Okay, time for roll call! Who can make it this year? Anyone get to come after an unfortunate cancellation? Anyone need commiseration because they were very sadly a cancellation? We're two and a half months away, and I have a feeling that it's going to fly by, as time tends to do these days.

The crew from last year:

[Image: qEGyTiT.jpg]
Just booked my flights! Should be able to stick around most of Labor Day, arriving Thursday afternoon.
(06-13-2018, 12:16 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, time for roll call! Who can make it this year? Anyone get to come after an unfortunate cancellation? Anyone need commiseration because they were very sadly a cancellation? We're two and a half months away, and I have a feeling that it's going to fly by, as time tends to do these days.

The crew from last year:

This is so wonderful, everyone is so wonderful!
(06-13-2018, 12:16 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, time for roll call! Who can make it this year? Anyone get to come after an unfortunate cancellation? Anyone need commiseration because they were very sadly a cancellation? We're two and a half months away, and I have a feeling that it's going to fly by, as time tends to do these days.

The crew from last year:

I'll be there!
For some reason, I burst into tears when I saw the group photo. Hubby and I will go someday, if we're able to get a babysitter. (Sigh)
Humbly suggest next homecoming having a 2-week period of open sign-up for a lottery for a seat, and pulling names out of the hat so to speak to determine who gets a slot (I've seen this done in other contexts where things are in high demand). 

First come first serve is fair, but open enrollment into a lottery-based system may be even fairer.
(07-02-2018, 01:35 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Humbly suggest next homecoming having a 2-week period of open sign-up for a lottery for a seat, and pulling names out of the hat so to speak to determine who gets a slot (I've seen this done in other contexts where things are in high demand). 

First come first serve is fair, but open enrollment into a lottery-based system may be even fairer.

Great suggestion. We talked a lot about ways to improve the sign-up process for the increased demand, but for some reason a lottery system never came up. We'll make sure it gets considered for next time.

We were really hoping that adding a second event this year would help alleviate the pressure, but interest seems to be booming right now. Seems to be a growing pains thing that we will eventually catch up to.
I requested a 15 minute presentation slot for this year.  (Normal presentations go for twice as long, half an hour).

Still have no idea what it's going to be on.

But 8 weeks away now!
I ask all those who will be attending this year, in preparation for my presentation, to read the Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali.

Here is a convenient link, if you are not already familiar with it:

Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
(07-01-2018, 07:30 PM)kellybee Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, I burst into tears when I saw the group photo. Hubby and I will go someday, if we're able to get a babysitter. (Sigh)

What joy those dear souls would bring to you, if you joined with them.  I cannot wait to be with them again. Heart
Why is so little posted here?  Is interest waning?  Stand up and be counted.  Speak.
(07-03-2018, 08:08 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I requested a 15 minute presentation slot for this year.  (Normal presentations go for twice as long, half an hour).

Still have no idea what it's going to be on.

But 8 weeks away now!

Your heart may pour forth a waterfall in just a few minutes if you allow it to.  I think you may not need even 15 minutes.
(07-14-2018, 04:27 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Why is so little posted here?  Is interest waning?  Stand up and be counted.  Speak.

If interest is waning then registration numbers have a funny way of showing it. It's more likely that the majority of the attendees aren't members of the Bring4th community.  Smile
decided the title of my talk this year.

"What to do when Unity comes looking for you".

just going to riff on some Law of One quotes on the nature of unity.
Happy lovely Homecoming to everyone.... Hoping to attend next year Heart
(07-31-2018, 02:07 PM)flofrog Wrote: [ -> ]Happy lovely Homecoming to everyone.... Hoping to attend next year  Heart

hope you can make it!

You've become a real regular.  

And anyone who has Handel and Monteverdi on their Bring4th profile is a winner by me BigSmile

G
(07-31-2018, 10:42 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]decided the title of my talk this year.

Are we just emailing the directorship to volunteer for talks? Maybe my head isn't screwed on, but I simply can't remember where this is supposed to occur. Sorry to be a dingus.
yeah - I think that's the procedure big J.

last year's (2017) presentation slots filled up as quickly as the attendance slots, so I emailed 'The Director' not long after signing up this year.

I haven't done a presentation in a couple of years ... so thought it was time to express myself a bit.  And 'blab blab blab' BigSmile

G
"The Director" ought to be more explicit about scheduling presentations.

And yes, Austin, I'm still amazed at how little overlap there is between Homecoming and Bring4th.
(07-31-2018, 02:49 PM)rva_jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2018, 10:42 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]decided the title of my talk this year.

Are we just emailing the directorship to volunteer for talks? Maybe my head isn't screwed on, but I simply can't remember where this is supposed to occur. Sorry to be a dingus.

Just searched my emails and saw that Gary asked for speakers when he sent the Homecoming registration email back in April. I conversed about my presentation with him then. In his reply he mentioned that you were there (in Louisville) and were discussing it with each other and so um... maybe you just missed the boat.
Indeed there was an email sent out on April 6th to the attendees containing a section at the very top titled STUFF WE NEED, in which the very first point request for information is "Whether or not you will offer a presentation." Followed by an entire section on presentations. We don't have the technology yet to beam it straight into brains, or the resources to hire skywriters, so unfortunately email is the best we can do. Smile
Thanks for the info folks!
I'll be there! And can't wait to see everyone!! Jade, Eddie, Austin, Gary, Jeremy and Garry from this thread - see you sooooon!!! Heart / BigSmile
Looks like I'll be able to make it!
Pages: 1 2