Bring4th

Full Version: staying true to your integrity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all of us on the planet are in what i would call the cosmic scrub rinse
and spin cycle. none of us is exempt. stuff comes up out of the blue
into our lives and we look at it and say huh where the heck did that
come from. we have been battered and bruised from pillar to post and and
soon as we get a chance to take a breather the next round comes up
for us. fun isn't it --NOT.
i think the important thing in all of this is stay true to what we know to be
the right thing to do. dont let any of this stuff that we are going thru
get us to act contrary to who we are or to do something that we will
regret later. did u ever do something and as soon as you did it u knew
right away "i shouldnt have done that". i certainly have lots of times.
we are in that type of situation right now and it would be very easy for
all of us to say at some point "screw it i give up i cant do this anymore"
don't give up. fight fight fight and u will emerge victorious. a glorious
future awaits those who stand fast. in one of the hyms i know it says
"truehearted wholehearted loyal and faithful". what wonderful qualities those are for this time period.
sir winston churchill once gave a speech before the english parliament
which consists of the house of lords and the house of commons, during
a very dark and dismal time for the english people. and he rallied his
country and his countrymen and after the speech he was surrounded
by his peers and as they stood there u could hear them say
"here here" which is a very british way for saying i am with you with
both heart and hand and mind and soul.
so what i say now is "here here" we are here to support one another
thru thick and thin. we are not going anywhere and the divine is not
going anywhere and together, hand in hand and heart in heart we
shall support one another till the glorious day dawns

norral
norral, I love your way with words. Nothing really to add except that you know what they call the thing in the middle of the wash that shoves the clothes around: the Agitator!! I have to say the Agitator is doing its work to slam me around and knock the dirt loose! Oof!
me too brother. it makes think of the song "hurts so good" lol
anyway not too much longer to go and the change is here

norral
Amen Norral,
I agree, it's vitally important to stay true to ourselves. And it's important that we occasionally remind ourselves of this.

But ehrm..
Alligators in the washing machine? Where are you guys from... Florida? Smile
Things are tough, but everything is wonderful! I posted before about a false accusation against my son that is in the courts, it's not over, but IT IS FINE. Our family has pulled together through love like I never thought possible. I could list all the wonderful things that have transpired through positive thought, but it would take a whole page. It's little things, getting chickens, the dog we wanted, the feeling day to day in our house. I feel fortunate to be a part of this forum, even though I don't post very often, I feel a positive energy when I read it, and enjoy a comforting feeling knowing that there are many other like-minded individuals.
Thank you to all of you.
renyrat, I don't remember the early post but I am glad to discover that things are looking up. I would be happy to read more about all these things. You don't have to write a whole page at once - don't worry, some of us here have got the wordiness thing handled Tongue - but even just a line now and then would be welcome, if you feel like it. No need to be shy!

Ali, I meant this
[Image: top-loading-agitating-washing-machines-300x225.jpg]
not this
[Image: Gator_on_Road_Keom_t607.jpg]
but I think norral and I have both been through this lately
[Image: crocodile.jpg]
which would definitely cause me to need
[Image: top-loading-agitating-washing-machines-300x225.jpg]
when we would really have preferred
[Image: JungleCruise.jpg]
ah now i get it. if you want to get rid of all your troubles you
just have to say

see u later agitator BigSmileBigSmileBigSmileBigSmile
Lol Questioner Smile I love your visual explanations.

I can't say I've ever seen that type of washing machine.

This is what I'm used to Tongue The force pushing the cloth about is in the drum itself.
[Image: 2275washing_machine.jpg]

I suppose the aligator means that the drum isn't rotating... Which would be a good thing considering the amount of junk that can get trapped there.

Also I suppose they call it aligator because it grabs the cloth and starts rotating just like an aligator would...

Man, I'm learning so much these days Tongue Thanks Heart

Is this aligator an outdated technique? Or is it still in common use?

Brittany

Thank you, Norral. Those words ring especially true to me right now. You always have such a flowing, poetic way of expressing things. I think it's really beautiful.
Ali... still laughing out loud! XD Hahahahaha! agitator, not aligator! Aligator is such a more fun name for it though!
BlushBlushBlush

Doh... And here I was thinking those Americans were so creative. I had it all figured out, of course you'd call it an ALIgator because it turns around dragging the laundry with it...

I had all kinds of images.. Some guy sitting next to a swamp seeing an aligator kill some prey and saying, you know... We should use that, I think it'd be kick-ass inside a washing machine..

But alas Tongue My imagination is once again more beautiful than my reality. Thanks for the explanation Aaron!
(09-08-2010, 07:13 AM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]see u later agitator BigSmileBigSmileBigSmileBigSmile

Love it! BigSmile
(09-08-2010, 08:06 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I've ever seen that type of washing machine.

This is what I'm used to...

That's a more spiritually advanced washing machine. It creates a vortex of water swirling around the clothes. norral and I were using old fashioned equipment that drags the clothes around. These older machines do not use any UFO technology at all. Wink
(09-08-2010, 11:20 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Some guy sitting next to a swamp seeing an aligator kill some prey and saying, you know... We should use that, I think it'd be kick-a$$ inside a washing machine..

I'd pay five bucks to see that movie.
You guys are funny, and a breath of fresh air much needed after Hurricane Earl, and my agitator and aligator all got a hold of me this week, and then I said "I shouldn't have done that."

norral I love the phrase, "truehearted, wholehearted loyal and faithful" . I would maybe add "bravehearted" especially when you've got an alig/agit-ator after you!!!

Thanks for the soul food, friends!

fairyfarmgirl

SmileSmile The Aligator in the washing machine... so that is why all my children have only 1 sock. LOL

Ali--- is your spiritually advanced machine quieter?

fairyfarmgirl
I don't know what an aligator in your washing machine would sound like.. But I can hardly imagine it being louder than that dancing monster. Smile Some things must be universal Tongue
That's weird. I've had dreams in the past of washing machines, like huge 2-story ones that are clear blue, and load from the side.